So we think we haven't seen Athena but........

#1 Edited by herrweis (427 posts) - - Show Bio

I was re-reading Wonder Woman #12 ,I love the issue.When I got to page 7 panel 4 ,right fter Diana meets Ares for the 1st timeas they walk off into the woods we see....

an owl looking on to them intensely.No one (as I have read )pointed this out yet.Owls are sacred to Athena.I think it's her,and I also think we will see how Diana trained with her in the past as well.

#2 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll see . . . how cool if you're right.

#3 Posted by theOVOXO (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since the Owl cameo, and being mentioned in issue 13, make me think that Athena will play a big role in the story. Much like in Homer's the Odyssey, Athena helped and guided Odysseus through out his journey. And this run on WW really reminds me of a Greek Epic which i think is what Azz is really trying to write here.

#4 Posted by herrweis (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Athena was also(in the previous universes) Dianas main mentor...Athenas Champion.Wonder why no one else has caught the owl thing?

#5 Posted by Hoenhime (137 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be Athena...I am hoping that it is athena, bringing her into the the story would be awsome :p

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.