Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8717 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

So, the JLA (writers) stole Wonder Women's Jet!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is now a hi-tech plane designed to hide the JLA from the JL!

Cyborg and Batman can't hack it and Superman can't hear it...

Diana's Jet has been Hijacked by the JLA (writers)!
    Diana's Jet has been Hijacked by the JLA (writers)!

In some ways the jet didn't fit in with Wonder Women's DCnU deeply magical & mythological background. Kudos for keeping the jet relevant; at least Diana will have a relevant association if she teams up with Steve later on.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've hated that thing since day one.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

It never made any kind of sense of WW to have a jet. The invisible think makes sense because the amazon island can become invisible, but it made zero sense for her to have a jet.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Thank god it isn't Diana's

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few of the things the DCnU has taken from Wonder Woman & given to others...

• The Invisible jet in JLA
    • The Tower of Fate in Earth 2 is the Preze era Mount Olympus
    • Steve Trevor & Etta Candy are now part of the JL cast
    • Medusa is now a Batwoman villain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4_color_image:

But she got Orion and a bunch of new people nobody cares about :) that's got to count for ... nothing ...

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have always thought the jet to be stupid. I don't know why. Kind of like why Robin never wore pants.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

Hell yeah, they hijack that plane.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes,we needs change wonder woman:

no more invisible plane

no more vulnerability of piercing weapons

that would be good

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@4_color_image:

But she got Orion and a bunch of new people nobody cares about :) that's got to count for ... nothing ...

LOL!

What's funny about the plane is that it's been with Wonder Woman since her very first appearance. While I haven't read a lot of those early stories, the Amazons were depicted as a highly advance race with technological achievements that exceeded what "man" of that era could accomplish. There was also a lot of Science Fiction elements to her adventures where she visited other planets and such, it's interesting to see how she's evolved.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Urban_Ronin

I liked it

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

I think that the hi-tech aspect of it makes sense. The SHIELD Helicarrier has some of the same features. It's a lot more sensible than the old invisible jet.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 SC  Moderator

I'm ashamed to admit this, especially with all the controversy it wrought, but the reason the New 52 Wonder Woman wasn't wearing her pre New 52 black pants is because I stole Wonder Woman's pants. I figured she had more than one pair and you can get a scary amount of money for selling such things on Ebay and well I am sick as well and I need the money for help. Okay I am glad I got that off my chest too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@4_color_image:

LOL!

What's funny about the plane is that it's been with Wonder Woman since her very first appearance. While I haven't read a lot of those early stories, the Amazons were depicted as a highly advance race with technological achievements that exceeded what "man" of that era could accomplish. There was also a lot of Science Fiction elements to her adventures where she visited other planets and such, it's interesting to see how she's evolved.

Technically she has devolved since they went from being "technologically advanced and aided by magic" to "primitive lifestyles and tools aided by magic" ... just saying =P

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: LOL yeah you're right :D

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@press_oblivion said:

@drgnx said:

@4_color_image:

LOL!

Technically she has devolved since they went from being "technologically advanced and aided by magic" to "primitive lifestyles and tools aided by magic" ... just saying =P

I thought they were only aided by their hate for men...

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: like Superman, in the very beginning she could not fly. She had to get to America with Steve somehow and that's why she had it.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her ability to fly came from the Perez reboot, before that the Amazons had pulp-era "super science", hence the invisible plane (IIRC the earliest version had a propeller)

They tried to fix it by making it some kind of alien artifact Diana picked up somewhere.

Like so many reboots and re-imaginings, they make a bunch of changes, but don't clear out the earlier stuff, so the continuity is often shaky at best. I'm all for a good reboot of the plane or even getting rid of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They tried to fix it by making it some kind of alien artifact Diana picked up somewhere.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.