Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

so should we give her a chance[gal gadot......duh]

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@erik: from comic books. Who's pouting?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@jayc1324 said:

@erik: from comic books. Who's pouting?

You are pouting by refusing to admit where you are wrong and by constantly saying, 'bye'. Are popular opinions correct opinions?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: you can't see what I'm doing at all. I could just say youre pouting too.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@erik: you can't see what I'm doing at all. I could just say youre pouting too.

I'm pouting by dismantling your argument? LOL okay. This will get all the more fun if I get to point out how you don't understand the meaning to actual words. Are popular opinions correct opinions?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: I'm pouting by not pouting? LOL okay.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Erik

@jayc1324 said:

@erik: I'm pouting by not pouting? LOL okay.

Nope. I already explained how you are pouting but since you are notorious for needing multiple explanations, I will provide you with one again. By consistently refusing to support your arguments and by repeatedly making false claims of leaving the debate, you are exposing just how wounded you are. In other words, pouting.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#157  Edited By Wolverine008

WHY DOESN'T GAL GADOT HAVE DOUBLE D's??????

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: no...

I supported my argument. You disagree. that's fine. But don't go around calling me a racist for my opinion, which most people share when I was specifically referencing this argument. If you want numbers go look online yourself. You're the one who brought race into this. And I'm pretty sure harassment and insults are against the rules so unless you have some type of obsession with me can you please hop off or PM me or something.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to sound antisemitic, but I promise you it's not. However I honestly feel the Jews that run Hollywood have jumped at the chance to cast a shaina maidel (pretty girl) from Israel in the role of the ultimate shiksa (non-Jewish) superhero for their own validation and gratification.

I wish they would've gone with a Latina like Lynda Carter, that actually looks like Wonder Woman, instead of someone who (in my opinion) looks nothing like her.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

. Are popular opinions correct opinions?

In this case (concerning the casting of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman) yes they are.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Erik

@jayc1324 said:

@erik: no...

I supported my argument. You disagree. that's fine. But don't go around calling me a racist for my opinion, which most people share when I was specifically referencing this argument. If you want numbers go look online yourself. You're the one who brought race into this. And I'm pretty sure harassment and insults are against the rules so unless you have some type of obsession with me can you please hop off or PM me or something.

• Saying you did something you never did is a lie, just in case you are unsure about that. But since that seems to be your M.O. now, what more could I expect from you?
    • If you hold racists opinions, you are a racist.
    • I want you to support your claims. It's not my responsibility to support YOUR argument. You make stupid claims, you support them or they are dismissed as stupid.
    • You brought race into this by saying that Gal doesn't deserve the role of Wonder Woman because she's brown.
    • Yeah, good thing I never insulted you, isn't it?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is going to sound antisemitic, but I promise you it's not. However I honestly feel the Jews that run Hollywood have jumped at the chance to cast a shaina maidel (pretty girl) from Israel in the role of the ultimate shiksa (non-Jewish) superhero for their own validation and gratification.

I wish they would've gone with a Latina like Lynda Carter, that actually looks like Wonder Woman, instead of someone who (in my opinion) looks nothing like her.

If anyone but a white person gets cast it's always some devious plot on the part of the higher ups in Hollywood. You people are loony.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: I did support my argument. I am not a racist I said nothing about race. When did i call her brown? Like I said we disagree and that's fine but more people agree with me so could you please just leave me alone on this topic

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@erik: I did support my argument. I am not a racist I said nothing about race. When did i call her brown? Like I said we disagree and that's fine but more people agree with me so could you please just leave me alone on this topic

• When did you post evidence that most people think Gal is terrible for Wonder Woman? When did you present the 24 minimum actresses that could do a better job? The short answer is that you never did.
    • You didn't call her brown but you said she doesn't look like a 'faceless' white character and thus can't have the role. Therefore because Gal is a darker color, she is not fit. Therefore, racist.
    • More people agree with you if you can provide evidence of such a claim.
    • You are free to stop posting at any time. I'll have nothing to reply to if you stop posting nonsense.
    jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By jphulk26

I´m not trying to be antisametic here. I really am not. I have many jewish friends, but I´m starting to sense some Jewish Nepatism in the casting choices.

Eisenberg as Lex Luthor is the stupidest shit I´ve ever heard of.

I´ll give Gadot a chance, but once again Israeli Wonder Woman. Not that I have a problem with that I think WW should have an accent, anyway. But again a jewish actor that many would say is not qualified to play such an iconic character, when actresses like Rebecca Hall, alexandra daddario, or Chloe Moritz or many other actresses would have been better choices, or at least proven choices that show they are taking the character seriously.

Ben Affleck, as Batman, hey do a movie that is anti-Iranian and suddenly you can play Batman. Again a hint of jewish influence here.

I hate to sound like this, but it really is starting to feel like that.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#166  Edited By Saren

This is actually worse than the time you claimed the only way Gal Gadot could have got the job was on her knees.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: you refused my evidence. That's not what I said at all. A lot of white people don't look like Diana either. Even some black girls look a little like Diana. its not about race at all. You are also free to stop

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@jphulk26 said:

I´m not trying to be antisametic here. I really am not. I have many jewish friends

Helpful hint: there isn't a way to claim there's a secret Zionist conspiracy upon the goyim that's not anti-Semitic. Just don't even try. All it does is make that Worst Fandom Ever trophy sit a little more snug on the Wonder Woman forum's shelf.

@erik: what a despicable douche you are Erik.

Cool it, both of you.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Erik

@jayc1324 said:

@erik: you refused my evidence. That's not what I said at all. A lot of white people don't look like Diana either. Even some black girls look a little like Diana. its not about race at all. You are also free to stop

I can't refuse evidence when nothing was presented. I am free to stop replying to you, but I choose not to. That choice is still available to you, however.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: wtf are you seriously saying that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: @scorpio_cassadine: Wow... If you have to preface your statement with "I'm not trying to sound racist/antisemitic/bigoted/etc" you should probably just not say it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#173 frozen  Moderator

@erik: Cavill does look like Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: You're right, go ahead and say what you feel. I guess I'm just surprised to see such negative and hateful comments coming from WW fans. But I guess that was already covered...

@saren said:

@jphulk26 said:

I´m not trying to be antisametic here. I really am not. I have many jewish friends

Helpful hint: there isn't a way to claim there's a secret Zionist conspiracy upon the goyim that's not anti-Semitic. Just don't even try. All it does is make that Worst Fandom Ever trophy sit a little more snug on the Wonder Woman forum's shelf.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Erik

@frozen said:

About as much as I do.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

If anyone but a white person gets cast it's always some devious plot on the part of the higher ups in Hollywood. You people are loony.

Didn't I say they should have cast a Latina? I don't mind the fact Gal Gadot is Jewish, I mind the fact she looks nothing like Wonder Woman. While I'm on the subject, I'm a Black man, I've been a fan of Michael B. Jordan since he was on "the Wire" and I still feel like he was the wrong choice for Johnny Storm. Especially because they cast a white girl to be his sister, now that ish is "loony" and it alters the dynamics of the Fantastic Four.

@jphulk26: @scorpio_cassadine: Wow... If you have to preface your statement with "I'm not trying to sound racist/antisemitic/bigoted/etc" you should probably just not say it.

Am I not supposed to say what I actually feel?

@saren said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

This is actually worse than the time you claimed the only way Gal Gadot could have got the job was on her knees.

I'm trying to reconcile her inexplicable casting. If you prefer my other explanation, that's cool too, but I find both versions probable.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#179  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

"Should we give Gal Gadot a chance to play as Wonder Woman?"

*sigh*
    *sigh*

YES! Because it's the only chance currently available. Once they decide their chooses for such and such, that's it. It's a done deal. Going back on their deal would make them look like amateurs in their line of work.

Gal Gadot would just have a minor role in Batman Vs Superman/ Man Of Steel 2 since the main focus will be Batman, Superman, and Lex Luthor, and that her involvement will be a set up for the Justice League and her solo film(s). So basically, it's just a introduction film for her like what Hawkeye is for THOR. Whatever WB and Zack Snyder had in mind when choosing Gal Gadot to play the role is beyond me, but I'd wish they thought things thoroughly through when going into making their blue-prints for "Project JLA" and their later DC films. The only things I can think of when they casted Gal Gadot was her background, her ascent, her being a tall-young-woman (since WW is tall), and the fact that she's not a big time movie star yet so they figure that she'd be the face when people think of WW. My problem with her is the fact that there are hundred young and talented actress out there who not only got the looks but the experiences to play the role and can do a better job since there finally having a dominant character on the big screen that's been loved by fans alike and has been around for years and should be taken seriously as with Batman and Superman, but isn't because of the source material and has to take masseurs to make some changes in order to put her where she needs to be in their DC Film Universe. I don't like the way things seems to be going with WB, but hey, I'm not a director nor own a studio -- so who am I to judge?

I'm sure Marvel had some troubles here and there when they started out doing their Marvel's Cinematic Universe but they came a long way, joined up Disney to do even more things like with cartoons and as such, did Avengers and is now on the lead making more films and products for fans to enjoy. DC wants to be like Marvel but better and wants to do whatever it takes to catch up to it's competitors. We'll just have to wait and see how things play out with Gadot. So don't sweat it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#180  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

@frozen said:

About as much as I do.

He looks like the New-52 Superman. Reeve looked like the Pre-Crisis/Post-Crisis Superman.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

Didn't I say they should have cast a Latina? I don't mind the fact Gal Gadot is Jewish, I mind the fact she looks nothing like Wonder Woman. While I'm on the subject, I'm a Black man, I've been a fan of Michael B. Jordan since he was on "the Wire" and I still feel like he was the wrong choice for Johnny Storm. Especially because they cast a white girl to be his sister, now that ish is "loony" and it alters the dynamics of the Fantastic Four.

Am I not supposed to say what I actually feel?

@saren said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

I'm trying to reconcile her inexplicable casting. If you prefer my other explanation, that's cool too, but I find both versions probable.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#182  Edited By RazzaTazz

Let me just summarize this entire discussion as some people say yes and some say no. As much was proven by the strange direction that the discussion went.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.