Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8717 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

So how old is Wonder Woman?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

I keep getting mixed answers here...from when she was born, how old is she now? Or have they never been clear on that?

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@Wolfrazer: 23 years

No Caption Provided
    Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @cloudzackvincent:  Only 23 years?....Is that her actual age, or just what she appears to be? What about Pre-52, how old was she then?
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack

@Wolfrazer: She was older pre-52. Currently she is 23.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By moywar700

@Wolfrazer said:

@cloudzackvincent: Only 23 years?....Is that her actual age, or just what she appears to be? What about Pre-52, how old was she then?

She was 1000 years old or I think 10000.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @moywar700:  Ah ok I got it.
    JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JonSmith

23. For the three thousandth year in a row.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@Wolfrazer said:

@cloudzackvincent: Only 23 years?....Is that her actual age, or just what she appears to be? What about Pre-52, how old was she then?

read carefully... Apollo didn't ask her "how old do u appear to be?" he specifically asks "How long have u been alive?" so i gather she really is 23 years old.

but i m not sure about pre 52

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SUNMAN

WW- 23

Cyborg- 22 or 23

Batman- mid to late 30's

Superman- mid to late 20's

Aquaman- mid to late 20's

Hal Jordan- idk he's got to be late 20's at least if all of Johns run still stands

Flash- idk probably at least mid 20's

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jobbernos

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Twentyfive

@SUNMAN said:

WW- 23

Cyborg- 22 or 23

Batman- mid to late 30's

Hal Jordan- idk he's got to be late 20's at least if all of Johns run still stands

Batman has to think of retiring soon.

Yep. Just retreat to some island in the pacific with Catwoman on his right hand, Talia on his left, Damien minding his own got-dang business in Gotham city. I mean really. Every time Batman bends an elbow, he can hear some ligaments cracking. He should just quit while he's ahead in the game.

But he won't. =(

I still marvel at the fact that Cyborg is their age-mate. That is cool in my opinion.

X_Titans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By X_Titans

I think all of the Pre-52 Justice Leaguers were in their 30s but Superman and Wonder Women spent 1000 years together in some other dimension.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Hazlenaut

when you count her replicas of her, which I guess are three. she ain't human she is either a demigod or a golem. Are they going with time travel excuse?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By SUNMAN

@Twentyfive said:

@SUNMAN said:

WW- 23

Cyborg- 22 or 23

Batman- mid to late 30's

Batman has to think of retiring soon.

Yep. Just retreat to some island in the pacific with Catwoman on his right hand, Talia on his left, Damien minding his own got-dang business in Gotham city. I mean really. Every time Batman bends an elbow, he can hear some ligaments cracking. He should just quit while he's ahead in the game.

But he won't. =(

I still marvel at the fact that Cyborg is their age-mate. That is cool in my opinion.

lol

Cyborg being 22 isn't a stretch for me. He was probably a little older just before Flashpoint. It is hard to see the others as young though. They've been around forever.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By herrweis
    Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

For the New-52 I think her solo comic is supposed to take place before the Justice League started. She is 23 in her solo but she would be older in the Justice League. And by the way there's no way Cyborg is 22. He was likely 17 when the team first formed and if 2 years have passed that would make him 19 or 20 at the most.

If we are talking pre-52 then she is thousands of years old but looks like she's 28. I'm pretty sure I read the 28 thing somewhere but I don't have a scan.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never realized bruce was that much older than the others. It never came across in the way they relate

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, according to the most canonical of all Wonder Woman incarnations - the TV show - she was old enough to know Plato personally. So that would make her thousands of years old. But, yeah, in the New 52 she's 23.

Another related question would be, do the Amazons age at all? Hypolitta usually appears a bit older than Diana, so do the Amazons just age much, much more slowly than regular people, or was she that age when she reached Themyscira, and thus has remained frozen there. We know Wonder Woman started as a baby, so do Amazons just grow into adulthood at normal rates, then stop aging? Or did it take her hundred of years to reach maturity?

theOVOXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By theOVOXO

@dmessmer: As far as I know Hippolya is immortal(she and the amazons were featured in Demon Knights), so I guess the other amazons are as well. I want to know why the Amazons need to repopulate 3x a century. Maybe they are the guardians to Tartarus and 3x times a year some demons try to escape ensuing a war on Paradise Island.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Deranged Midget

@knightfall225: Eh, I think that's a little too old. I'd say he's roughly in his mid-to-late twenties similar to Clark. After all, as Zero Year displayed (which takes place five or six years from the present day), he was training with several different people at different stages and one point it mentioned him being eighteen and that took place like a year or two prior to Zero Year.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Knightfall225

@deranged_midget: O thats even better. I never liked batman being the old man of the team

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lifeofvibe
    GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GWHH

she 19 here!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
    phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that New 52 Wonder Woman is older than 23 years:

No Caption Provided

In the start of this comic page, Queen Hippolyta says that amazons needs to give a present, but if they don't have nothing (fail their 'test'), her passing of their year will not be acknowledged. We don't know if Diana have failed various of her 'tests', and her another years weren't acknowledged. Maybe she has more than 23, 66 or 100 years!!, but her appearance is more like a 29 years old woman for me, and that's why i am uncomfortable with her new age.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Well it depends on what version of her but her most recent version is around 23

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how old will she be in the movies????

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@goodboy6: Well considering she fights in the First World War i'm sure she is pretty old.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As old as Captain America

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@somayareece: Captain America didn't fight in the FIrst Word War

Avatar image for mollydanger2210
    MollyDanger2210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's as old as the writers want her to be. She's 23 now and she'll be another age as soon as someone else with the authority decides to change it. Questions like this don't need to be asked.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how old she was BEFORE it, but she was first introduced as fighting during WW2. Figuring that she was at least twenty at the time Steve Trevor crash landed on Paradise Island and she went to "Man's World" and fought in WW2 she'd be 90+ by her original story line. It seems with the New 52 retcon, she's at least 23

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I think that New 52 Wonder Woman is older than 23 years:

No Caption Provided

In the start of this comic page, Queen Hippolyta says that amazons needs to give a present, but if they don't have nothing (fail their 'test'), her passing of their year will not be acknowledged. We don't know if Diana have failed various of her 'tests', and her another years weren't acknowledged. Maybe she has more than 23, 66 or 100 years!!, but her appearance is more like a 29 years old woman for me, and that's why i am uncomfortable with her new age.

It is a good point, the 23 years could technically be her officially recognized age amongst Amazons. But if that is the case I dont believe it would make her that much older unless we really want to think Diana failed time and again at these 'coming of age' trials. Also, it may have to be assumed that the Amazons stop with these trials when they reach a certain age, otherwise Diana may well be stuck at 23 for as long as she doesn't take time out from superheroing to complete one of these questes.

I don't know how old she was BEFORE it, but she was first introduced as fighting during WW2. Figuring that she was at least twenty at the time Steve Trevor crash landed on Paradise Island and she went to "Man's World" and fought in WW2 she'd be 90+ by her original story line. It seems with the New 52 retcon, she's at least 23

The first part is true enough, and because we dont know when Aphrodite brought her to life, we can never be quite sure how old she was, only that she was younger than most Amazons.

Post-Crisis it gets even worse because we can't tie her to a specific historic event, and the Wonder Woman reported in WWII turned out to be a timetravelling Hippolyta.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mollydanger2210: Yeah, let's not ask questions. Cause you know, learning more about favorite characters is great. Otherwise we'd be halfwits like you.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HeroUp2112

@outside_85:

The first part is true enough, and because we dont know when Aphrodite brought her to life, we can never be quite sure how old she was, only that she was younger than most Amazons.

Post-Crisis it gets even worse because we can't tie her to a specific historic event, and the Wonder Woman reported in WWII turned out to be a timetravelling Hippolyta.

Wow, I'd never even heard of the time travelling Hippolyta thing.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@heroup2112: It was Byrne's rather convoluted approach to reestablishing the link between Wonder Woman and the Justice Society.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HeroUp2112

Ah. Byrne was my hero growing up, but he's also a great example of when a great example of when heroes need to retire. EDIT: Kind of like George Perez and George Lucas also (sort of) Steven Speilburg (aliens? in an Indian Jones movie??)

Avatar image for mollydanger2210
    MollyDanger2210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mollydanger2210: Yeah, let's not ask questions. Cause you know, learning more about favorite characters is great. Otherwise we'd be halfwits like you.

What are you even talking about, retard? How am I a halfwit for pointing out the obvious fact that a fictional character is essentially ageless? Or don't you understand that?

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@outside_85: he wanted to tie diana to ww2 but he couldnt obviously because it was established her intro to man's world was modern times so he made hippolyta wonder woman during the 40s

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mollydanger2210: Fictional characters aren't ageless, otherwise we wouldn't assign them so. Also what's with the childish insults. Don't need to be an angsty brat about stuff. I know you get beat up on the playground, but dang.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she is 23 but I think they retconned that or something like that to a few centuries.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah because someone who fought in World War 2 would be 23 years old *eye roll* Then again this is the comic world so anything is possible I guess

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.