Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Snyder Hints on Wanting to Write Wonder Woman

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

Scott Snyder has been wanting to write Wonder Woman for a while even joked about calling the title Wonder Woman: Badass. Maybe for her 75th anniversary? What are your thoughts?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/c2e2-live-scott-snyder-talks-batman-endgame-gordon-american-vampire

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

.... Eh.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I thought him writing Superman would be a match made in heaven...then I read Unchained, which while not horrible is middling to sub par. IMO Snyder should stick with Batsy.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lol, no.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't need it

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd gladly read a limited series, but Idk if he'd be a good fit long term.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

God no. Snyder should just.........................................stop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a big fan of his personally but he's one of the best writers working for DC, he's certainly better than Lady Finch. Attaching his name to Wonder Woman I think would benefit her greatly so I'm on board with it. I read The Wake, I thought it was convoluted, he lost me at the end. I dropped Wytches in good measure because the artwork was so incredibly off-putting, I dropped Unchained because I got sick of waiting and I mildly enjoyed his run on Swamp Thing so I'd rather get Geoff Johns to be honest, now that he's found his footing with Wonder Woman.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dshipp17

@brunnhilde said:

I'm not a big fan of his personally but he's one of the best writers working for DC, he's certainly better than Lady Finch. Attaching his name to Wonder Woman I think would benefit her greatly so I'm on board with it. I read The Wake, I thought it was convoluted, he lost me at the end. I dropped Wytches in good measure because the artwork was so incredibly off-putting, I dropped Unchained because I got sick of waiting and I mildly enjoyed his run on Swamp Thing so I'd rather get Geoff Johns to be honest, now that he's found his footing with Wonder Woman.

Oh please, Geoff Johns is just not my taste; he put Steve Trevor back in the mix and made Superman her partner; just let his Justice League be enough and move on. He can't seem to realize that Dr. Psycho needs to be connected to Wonder Woman, although he did it very briefly which was not enough. Frank Miller is an idea; I can't really say about Snyder, but it's worth a try; maybe a miniseries so that I could gauge what he can do. The writer who made Dejah Thoris and the Green Men of Mars would seem to be another good choice. I think I'd rather see Greg Rucka back to at least finish of his Veronica Cale and Dr. Psycho angle; bring Ferdinand back and writer the other woman out who's between Wonder Woman and Ferdinand; he needs to write a story about how they met and got together.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, he should write a limited series called Wonder Woman Unchained that takes 2 years to publish and focuses on how badass Batman is.

Wait, didn't that already happen with someone else.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Geoff Johns is making the Wonder Woman the main star of the Darkseid so I wouldn't count him out so quickly. I am interested in what he and Fabok is planning to do with her.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gustavoburciaga1: Oh no finch are doing a brilliant job on wonder woman and Snyder can't write for sh*t. Lol.

This is why WW fans, you won't get anything good ever. I mean Scott Snyder, one of DC's current best talent isn't good enough for you. What a joke.

To further piss you off, if he wanted the title he would get it in the end and all of you vocal minorities here would sit on forums and complain and change nothing about the fact that a lot of people would enjoy that book. But hey, don't forget to send hate mails to DC, hate tweets to Snyder, probably take a dump or 2 on his doorstep too.

I wish Snyder takes over WW, maybe Capullo too. I'll buy that book in a heartbeat over current one.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Geoff Johns is making the Wonder Woman the main star of the Darkseid so I wouldn't count him out so quickly. I am interested in what he and Fabok is planning to do with her.

It's not really that he's making her the main star or not, it's more that his approach with the character does not jive with me for the reasons stated above. I haven't read a lot of JL since Johns came on board. I hear he was portraying the character more in line with the other Amazons and at least that seems like a good thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Understandable and yeah he is relating her more to the amazons. He has admitted to researching her and he gained strong interest. Fabok's costume design for her is awesome as well.

GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gustavoburciaga1: Oh no finch are doing a brilliant job on wonder woman and Snyder can't write for sh*t. Lol.

This is why WW fans, you won't get anything good ever. I mean Scott Snyder, one of DC's current best talent isn't good enough for you. What a joke.

To further piss you off, if he wanted the title he would get it in the end and all of you vocal minorities here would sit on forums and complain and change nothing about the fact that a lot of people would enjoy that book. But hey, don't forget to send hate mails to DC, hate tweets to Snyder, probably take a dump or 2 on his doorstep too.

I wish Snyder takes over WW, maybe Capullo too. I'll buy that book in a heartbeat over current one.

Lol that's almost too real. The Finchs are strange, one issue is amazing the next isn't. I was thinking more on a 75th anniversary thing for Wonder Woman, like give her a limited series with Snyder as the writer. I didn't really like the way Greg drew Wonder Woman but I enjoy his art work so much... I guess I prefer Fabok's Wonder Woman over the rest since he can make her look badass.

GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MadLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder would be better than the current writer and many other past writers. More high profile talent taking on the character is always a good thing.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By safefruitcake

I personally wish he was writing it instead of the Finches. Hopefully, he'll do a limited series, that way he can write her and he doesn't replace the Finches and annoy the people who like them. (Just because I don't want them on the book doesn't mean other's don't.)

GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@deathfalcon182: @gustavoburciaga1: @madlove: @safefruitcake: Fans all of characters always complin about something. And this is not about not being happy with anything bcause there have been writers that did a great job with WW and fans recognize it. There are writers and writers. Not everybody can write any character thrown at him/her. All WW writers have got the basics of the character right(amazon warrior princess,compassionate,outsider,etc). But the overall quality of every run hasn't been the same because it all depends on the way you approach the story. There are many ways to approach a story. WW needs balance. Because there are many things going on in her life at the same time. There is more than just one importan aspect in the character. And that is why her best stories are those that have balance between her life as an amazon princess,her life as a hero,her life as an outsider,ambasador and top of it all,her life as a woman. A writer that does a good job with her is a writer that knows how to show and balance the different aspects of her character. The different transitions that she goes through. Snyder has yet to prove he can do that. The same goes for flinch.

That's a good way of seeing it but the thing is, Snyder hasn't had the chance to write Wonder Woman as a central character. When Snyder writes characters he makes them personal to himself and that's what I like about his writing. With Batman he reflects his fears and how to overcome them, with Superman he reflects his human flaws on how there will always be a wrong to the right you make. That's why I would like to see him write a Wonder Woman book, I think he would be able to do an amazing job specially if he gets the right artist.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.