Should Wonder Woman have her own Action Comics?

#1 Posted by krspaceT (1473 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has Action Comics, Batman has Detective Comics (Among others).

Should Wonder Woman have a second title set in the present

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12931 posts) - - Show Bio

you mean Sensation Comics? somehow i don't see that coming back.

#3 Posted by JayMar89 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Shes part of the trinity so why not but it would have to be really good cause the book she has now is i think hers used to be called sensation comics so they could bring that back but im happy with her current book

#4 Posted by RazzaTazz (9599 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sure they have done the market research and figured out that it wouldn't work. It would be great of course, but I doubt it will happen

#5 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose, but I'd want there to be a Cyborg solo title first. And I wouldn't mind getting an All Star Wonder Woman first too.

#6 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Sensation for more superheroic stuff and WW for more mythology stuff

#7 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Sensation Comics. Make it happen, DC.

#8 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

if there is a god make this happen, if there isn't make this happen!

#9 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to read a book that focuses more on her time in Washington, meeting and getting to know Steve Trevor, and seeing how the world differs from what she had been told on Paradise Island. Definitely more of the kind of Diana that we've gotten from her time in Justice League, which quite frankly seems like a different character at times compared to her, though still very good, self-titled book.

#10 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

Sensation for more superheroic stuff and WW for more mythology stuff

Exactly, or even her adventures from the previous five years

#11 Posted by justice teen (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Doubt it. I never really saw the point of a character having more than one book. The thing is DC doesn't know how to properly use certain characters. If they gave WW a second book they would do a piss poor job on it.

#12 Posted by JSH92 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Definitely not. Don't get me wrong, I love Wonder Woman.....'s comic book series. But I just don't feel like having multiple titles dedicated to the same character is a very good idea (or even necessary for that matter). Even for Superman and Batman I don't care for it. For Action Comics, I think it's OK if they stick to Superman's past stories, but from what I hear it's moved into the present. My main problem with it is that it just doesn't make sense. Take Batman for instance. Is DC trying to say that Batman was dealing with The Court of Owls, Bane, and Dollmaker all at the same time? If so, then I call BS on that. Also, could you imagine if a character like Nightwing had two solo titles? No, of course not lol (again, don't get me wrong, I like Nightwing more than Batman). I think secondary titles are a waste of space when there are soooo many other characters that could be having their own titles.

#13 Posted by TheCannon (18296 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Sensation Comics. Make it happen, DC.

This.

#14 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: It should happen.

#15 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm... Superman = Action Comics, Batman = Detective Comics...Wonder Woman = Divine Comics?

#16 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe not Sensation Comics, it sounds so eh............I'd like something that appeals to both genders @_@

"Warrior Comics" ???????

#17 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (882 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wboy said:

Maybe not Sensation Comics, it sounds so eh............I'd like something that appeals to both genders @_@

"Warrior Comics" ???????

Agreed. I don't know if I could buy something called Sensation Comics...

#18 Posted by Lvenger (19256 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know whether she's popular enough to hold down another series. Superman and Batman can due to their popularity but I doubt Wonder Woman would be able to manage a second series.

#19 Posted by krspaceT (1473 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Who thought that I'vampire would be as good or that Frankenstein would last as long as it did.

#20 Posted by Lvenger (19256 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

@Lvenger: Who thought that I'vampire would be as good or that Frankenstein would last as long as it did.

True you have a point there. But none of those comics could hold a second series. Still I'm picking up WW next month. That series is awesome!

#21 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and if I´m right she had all star comics, they should bring her back.

#22 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

She has the Amicomie thing, not that Sensation would be bad, I can always use more Wonder Woman in my life.

#23 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

She has the Amicomie thing, not that Sensation would be bad, I can always use more Wonder Woman in my life.

Amicomi is a series, doesn't count. Three issues focus on a specific character, but each arc ties into the overreaching narrative. It's not really another WW series.

#24 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad said:

@Blood1991 said:

Amicomi is a series, doesn't count. Three issues focus on a specific character, but each arc ties into the overreaching narrative. It's not really another WW series.

Oh I thought it was a team series my bad.

#25 Posted by SmashBrawler (5624 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@ThanosIsMad said:

@Blood1991 said:

It is, but it's as much a Wonder Woman series as Justice League is. Plus, Ame-Comi Diana has been quite annoying lately.

#26 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@Blood1991 said:

@ThanosIsMad said:

@Blood1991 said:

It is, but it's as much a Wonder Woman series as Justice League is. Plus, Ame-Comi Diana has been quite annoying lately.

Ok so team series with different character focus every three issues. Well then the only reason she doesn't have another title is because DC fears it won't sell well enough I guess.

#27 Posted by SmashBrawler (5624 posts) - - Show Bio

Concerning Diana's own Action/Detective Comics I say no for now. I hate the fact that Marvel is flodded with Avengers/X-Men titles, same in DC with Batman, Superman and Green Lantern.

Maybe when they get rid of some Bat-titles.

#28 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

DC can do it if they get a good writer. Someone with a good reputation for writing women would be a start. If DC still wants Wonder Woman to be part of the big three then they have show how interesting of a character she is. What makes her one of the trinity?

#29 Posted by krspaceT (1473 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88: Erm, Gail Simone?

#30 Posted by tomlikesfries (4641 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a good idea imo.

#31 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, called Woman Logic.

Runs for his life

#32 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

Yeah, called Woman Logic.

Runs for his life

cuts his legs off ^_^

#33 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: That wasn't me, that was ReVamp.

#34 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

I would probably buy it but I'm just not sure it would work. Comic book readers rarely read series about female characters (except when it's part of the Bat-family because, well, Batman) and DC already has difficulties selling Wonder-Woman despite its creative team and general quality.

#35 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#36 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn should have looked before I started a new thread about this. :|

#37 Posted by Dernman (14957 posts) - - Show Bio

If it sells.

#38 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4210 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell to the yes! make it happen DC!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.