Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Should Wonder Woman be a villain?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not saying she should permanently be a villain but what if she turnt against the JL in a brief storyline? Flashpoint Paradox showed us the dark side of Wonder Woman. A queen that did whatever to defend her kingdom even if it meant killing her DC colleagues. I want to see more of this side because I found it quite interesting.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MPfly88

I don't think DC has really understood the full potential of Wonder Woman becoming a villain. I would like to see her go full blown villain, Hal Jordan style. There's good story and good fights to be told here.

When I say Hal Jordan style, I mean I'd like to see her become an established villain for a long time before she reverts back to good.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be opposed to it, but it's been done so many times now that I'm not sure what they could do to make it interesting and at least fresh. I don't think they ever really explore her character when they show us an evil version like Flashpoint or Injustice ... she just ends up one-dimensional. Maybe if they really explored something about "truth as a weapon" or how the flip side of truth is corruption or some such they could explore her motivations in a way that still held true to the character without feeling cheap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't want her to be a villain for the JL

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she is in injustice or at least will go back to being one when ever she wakes up.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Why not? She is currently a Flash villain according to the Convergence event. I loved how she killed Aquaman and Captain Marvel during Flashpoint. That was one of DC's best storylines.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@primebonnick: What happen to her in Injustice?

she got blown up with a nuke (or something along those lines) meant to kill SM ... she saved him, but is in a coma now

@zhurong said:

@jayc1324: Why not? She is currently a Flash villain according to the Convergence event. I loved how she killed Aquaman and Captain Marvel during Flashpoint. That was one of DC's best storylines.

You think? I never could get into it ... I think it had too many things going on so it lost it's core storyline (IMO). But I'm not really a huge fan of the line-wide events and crossovers ... give me a good mini-series or a solo series over something I have to piece together from a million disparate books. Marvel and DC have become far too reliant on these gimmicks IMO.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

She sliced Captain Atom's neck, he called Wonder Woman a "stupid bitch" in one of those "what have you done you dumb Woman" comic book moments, he took Superman to space and blew up. Superman just kind of shrugged off the explosion whereas Wonder Woman almost perished. She's been comatose ever since, for almost a year and a half. They revealed this week that the coma was Constantine's doing though. Madame Xanadu saw in the cards that "the Empress awakens and the emperor sleeps" so Wonder Woman will snap out of it soon. I hate that I love injustice.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@primebonnick: she was caught in captain atom's explosion meant to kill superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It'll happen sooner or later. Then Batman will kiss her and make everything alllllllrigggght.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ms-lola said:

It'll happen sooner or later. Then Batman will kiss her and make everything alllllllrigggght.

Then Superman will go rage for stealing his girlfriend. (it'd be awesome if someone will continue this)

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Transformers1024

.....no

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#14  Edited By Outside_85

I would like to see it in a storyline simply because it would mean seeing her fight the others without holding back.

But for heavens sake don't add Soule's BS about Superman just woo'ing her out of a psychosis (or w/e it is).

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

What's the point of her going evil when Batman can just one-shot her again

Seems like a terrible setup for villainy

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No I wouldn't like that.

@foamborn said:

@zhurong said:

She sliced Captain Atom's neck, he called Wonder Woman a "stupid bitch" in one of those "what have you done you dumb Woman" comic book moments, he took Superman to space and blew up. Superman just kind of shrugged off the explosion whereas Wonder Woman almost perished. She's been comatose ever since, for almost a year and a half. They revealed this week that the coma was Constantine's doing though. Madame Xanadu saw in the cards that "the Empress awakens and the emperor sleeps" so Wonder Woman will snap out of it soon. I hate that I love injustice.

I know, even though everyone acts like d!cks in the series, it's so well written that you end up loving it.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

I wouldn't be opposed to it, but it's been done so many times now that I'm not sure what they could do to make it interesting and at least fresh. I don't think they ever really explore her character when they show us an evil version like Flashpoint or Injustice ... she just ends up one-dimensional. Maybe if they really explored something about "truth as a weapon" or how the flip side of truth is corruption or some such they could explore her motivations in a way that still held true to the character without feeling cheap.

Exactly.

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

Then Superman will go rage for stealing his girlfriend. (it'd be awesome if someone will continue this)

and then we all can see sups finally defeating the bat

I would like to see it in a storyline simply because it would mean seeing her fight the others without holding back.

wonder woman holds back?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder woman holds back?

Everyone does whenever they happen to be fighting someone thats normally an ally. Diana said she was 'barely holding back' when she fought Superman in Sacrifice.

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wonderfan409

@wonderfan409 said:

wonder woman holds back?

Everyone does whenever they happen to be fighting someone thats normally an ally. Diana said she was 'barely holding back' when she fought Superman in Sacrifice.

I've always thought she goes all out.........................guess i need to read sacrifice do you recommend it?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see a reason why they shouldn't try.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zhurong said:

Flashpoint Paradox showed us the dark side of Wonder Woman.

I actually liked Flashpoint Wondy as well..

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see a reason why they shouldn't try.

They already did. See Injustice and Flashpoint.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@wonderfan409 said:

wonder woman holds back?

I've always thought she goes all out.........................guess i need to read sacrifice do you recommend it?

She wouldn't have a rogue's gallery if that was the case :) Since most of them aren't exactly Superman levels of durable.

I would actually, despite Diana is the one that has the biggest heart and room for compasion within the Trinity, Sacrifice is a reminder that she is also the only one them who is willing to make the hard choice despite how it normally goes against their norm. (Also we do get one of the greatst fights Diana's ever had).

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderfan409 said:

@outside_85 said:

@wonderfan409 said:

wonder woman holds back?

She wouldn't have a rogue's gallery if that was the case :) Since most of them aren't exactly Superman levels of durable.

I would actually, despite Diana is the one that has the biggest heart and room for compasion within the Trinity, Sacrifice is a reminder that she is also the only one them who is willing to make the hard choice despite how it normally goes against their norm. (Also we do get one of the greatst fights Diana's ever had).

thanks sounds good ill read it

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

No Caption Provided

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only in alternative time lines and galaxies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.