Should Wonder Woman alias Diana Prince return

#1 Posted by SayaOtonashi (198 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that not her present alias?

#3 Posted by RazzaTazz (9698 posts) - - Show Bio
@JSH92: I don't think she has one at the moment does she?  Did they mention something in Justice League?  I think how she is presented now she doesn't really need one.  Though as seen in the first issue of the new series, I wonder who would rent her an apartment when the application form says Wonder Woman on it.  
#4 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: Yea lol. I feel like they might have called her something other than WW in her own title when she was on Themyscira, but I'll have to go back and check.

#5 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: All thats been mentioned in Justice League to my knowledge is that shes been called Diana.

I assume the question is directed towards her normal human alter ego, I dont really think she needs it when she has a home on Themyscira and isnt dating a human, the name itself I have no issue with.. Its better then Mudkid. :)

#6 Posted by Onemoreposter (4086 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@JSH92: I don't think she has one at the moment does she? Did they mention something in Justice League? I think how she is presented now she doesn't really need one. Though as seen in the first issue of the new series, I wonder who would rent her an apartment when the application form says Wonder Woman on it.

Any hot blooded male (and I'm sure a handful of hot blooded females).

I like to see the Dianna Prince code name comeback. I'd also like her to loose her powers and study kung fu at some point as well.

But i'm probably in the minority

#7 Posted by RazzaTazz (9698 posts) - - Show Bio
@Onemoreposter: The mod girl years were so cool, I have read every single one of those issues, and often more than once.
#8 Posted by Black_Claw (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

Doubt it. If she starts to try blending in wearing normal clothes I think people would recognize her face as Wonder Woman's. But then again, these are the same type of people who can't figure out Clark Kent is Superman because of those damn glasses.

#9 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw said:

Doubt it. If she starts to try blending in wearing normal clothes I think people would recognize her face as Wonder Woman's. But then again, these are the same type of people who can't figure out Clark Kent is Superman because of those damn glasses.

Wasnt those glasses magically enchanted by Zatanna or something like that? Or is that just an alternate timeline? Im not that well versed on superman.

#10 Posted by Black_Claw (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

No. As far as I'm concerned, those are just regular glasses and the people of the DC universe are really that blind.

#11 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Just don't make her a secretary, journalist, or fashion model.

#12 Posted by SayaOtonashi (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: Than, what should she be?

#13 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing. Let some things die and rot in the Golden/Silver age.

#14 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt she called diana?

#15 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say if she ever neded to use an alias then as a last name Prince is good as any, and it acknowledges her pre New52 past a little.

#16 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Let the replica of her have it. She needs to be establish more.

#17 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know that she needs the secret identity but she might if she were slated with her regular supporting cast of Steve Trevor and Etta Candy. The whole point of a Secrete Identity is to keep ones enemies from using friends and family as a weapon against the hero. Wonder Woman doesn't have that at this time and her relationship with Steve doesn't really count.

It's my opinion that Wonder Woman should have her classic supporting cast though and that they be made to stick around. Can you imagine Superman without Lois, Jimmy and the Chief? These characters are synonymous with Superman as Etta and Steve (possibly Helena Sandsmark) should be with Wonder Woman.

#18 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it's a name that works for her.

#19 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

She isn't freaking Superman. She hasn't used that stupid alias since the silver age.

#20 Posted by The Stegman (25479 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda feel about her the same way I feel about Thor/Donald Blake, I don't think she needs a ''secret Identity" for some reason, I just think it would be better for the world to know her simply as Diana..or Wonder Woman.

#21 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

She supposes to represent truth. The disguise thing would mean deception so... I am guessing that would be unfitting. As disguises go she does not cover her face or her hands in her super hero outfit. It can be argued she has something which covers her identify but it will feel to 70s corny.

as I said before there is way to have both.

#22 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really, secret identities are overrated and out- played as it is; Dressing up to hide in public like celebrities, occasionally, is okay though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.