Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Should I read Superman/Wonder Woman?

• 68 results
    SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First volume was awesome.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @superguy1591 said:

@csg_cl: You have to be in desktop mode to quote.

Indeed ... this site needs a new CMS ... can't even respond to multiple users at once from the tablet/mobile :(

It is a pain in the butt when you're trying to add in a picture from mobile. They should just make a app.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By CSG_CL

@somayareece: honestly ... This site needs some major upgrades to be even close to modern(ish)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: It really does. This site been the same for years with a few minor tweets. It needs a makeover if you ask me. I just mentioned Comicvine living in the past and not being up to date http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/should-comicvine-have-an-app-1672366/

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: they can't track and monetize traffic from an app ... CBS owns this site so they aren't going to want to risk losing ad revenue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: CBS? Well, that pretty much explains the problem lol.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: yup ... Comic vine is a CBS owned property. And that little module at the bottom of the page that says "from around the web" is almost certainly a rev-share pay-per-click deal that likely drives a ton of revenue (at least relative to the size of the site audience) which would also be lost should they convert into an app ... But one would hope they'd at least go responsive design so the tablet and mobile experience for users would be more seamless.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read it, overall it has been one of my favorite comic books. Nothing else Supes or Wonder Woman related has been as consistent, imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: No, CBS is a Television broadcasting company. The new Supergirl show will be aired on their network.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: LOL no that is CBR ... It's certainly more moderated, but it's usually for the better. Every now and again the is an "inmates rebellion" and we see a bunch of deletions and bannings over there. That usually when people start complaining about the mods at CBR who can be very biased toward their opinions and tend to reprimand and ban those who disagree with them. But in all fairness that's pretty rare.

CBS (Colombia Broadcasting Systems) is a major American broadcaster and publisher (they own CNET too)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Yeah, I see the point of their doing. Most sites have a mobile compatible site though. This version should be improved so that we can have a better experience and do more things. This site should have more interactions rather than going back and forth with users in threads all day.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: agreed ... It's probably got a lot to do with shared systems with broader CBS properties that may make it difficult to migrate to a new CMS for a smaller site. I'm speculating on the corporate politics of course, but I've seen it before.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @csg_cl said:

@agent41: LOL no that is CBR ... It's certainly more moderated, but it's usually for the better. Every now and again the is an "inmates rebellion" and we see a bunch of deletions and bannings over there. That usually when people start complaining about the mods at CBR who can be very biased toward their opinions and tend to reprimand and ban those who disagree with them. But in all fairness that's pretty rare.

CBS (Colombia Broadcasting Systems) is a major American broadcaster and publisher (they own CNET too)

So it seems that a lot of comic vine users have an account in CBR.

There are several of us that have accounts on both ... CBR is a lot more active and almost never gets into the "battles" mentality and flame wars are deleted and users banned if they don't listen to the initial warnings (Archizoom was banned within her first day over there) ... topics that are big right now are Gal Gadot/BvS/Solo film, a whole lot of discussion about the Clay birth v. Daughter of Zeus, the pros and cons of using so many "public domain" characters, fixing the problems with the N52 Amazons, what's happening with the DC TV Universe as it relates to Diana, and a few others ... there is a pretty big group of "everything Azzarello did is horrible", including most of the mods (although they do crack down when certain posters make every thread about the evils of Azzarello's run. It's a little harder to keep track of threads because they don't have a notification system for when someone responds to a comment you've made, but overall it's a lively board with, mostly, respectful posters.

From what I understand there was a pretty horrible eruption on the CBR forums last year that resulted in them deleting the entire forum and starting it over ... was before my time so I'm not sure exactly what happened beyond there were personal threats being made to a writer and some public posting of her personal information.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hawk80 said:

If you hate the titular couple, why should you read it?

I mean.. I hate the couple, but I still buy it's an okay comic tbh.

As for the op, yes you should. If you can get past the fact that Clark's locking lips with a certain Amazon goddess, then it's not that bad.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.