Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Should I read Superman/Wonder Woman?

• 68 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

i hate the relationship honestly but im hearing some good things about it, but i also heard they made Superman a douchebag in it

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The series hasn't been that great but it is starting to get interesting. It is currently a war between Circe and Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman proved to be much for her army and she took out Superman even under her control. You should probably wait to see what happens after Convergence.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the story has been great and diana has been kicking major donkey

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Si

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you hate the titular couple, why should you read it?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Troll.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk80: i mean its wonder woman i dont think you understand the stuff id put up with to rea more of her lol

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: it's not really great IMO. Soule's run started out OK, at least he tried to give them equal screen time and attempted to make the threats very high stakes ... But he missed the mark as often as he hit on it ... In one issue Diana would be a total bad@ss and in the next she'd lose 50 IQ points or get her butt kicked. But he did try and give us some background that Azzarello didn't focus on ... I don't care for Tomasi thus far (and to be fair I've never been a big fan of his writing). He's already gone in for unnecessary retcons and has portrayed Diana as a bit of a c-word IMO. The story he's been telling is good in that it's at least making Circe a serious threat, but I've struggled with Tomasi's characterizations of both characters.

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: I know, believe me. I hate the pairing and I've read it... I mostly agree with CSG_CL's review.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@willienotwilliam: it's not really great IMO. Soule's run started out OK, at least he tried to give them equal screen time and attempted to make the threats very high stakes ... But he missed the mark as often as he hit on it ... In one issue Diana would be a total bad@ss and in the next she'd lose 50 IQ points or get her butt kicked. But he did try and give us some background that Azzarello didn't focus on ... I don't care for Tomasi thus far (and to be fair I've never been a big fan of his writing). He's already gone in for unnecessary retcons and has portrayed Diana as a bit of a c-word IMO. The story he's been telling is good in that it's at least making Circe a serious threat, but I've struggled with Tomasi's characterizations of both characters.

Pretty much this. I'm not a Tomasi fan but I'm sure he would've done a much better job writing WW's book than the Fishes even with certain casualties.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Pretty much this. I'm not a Tomasi fan but I'm sure he would've done a much better job writing WW's book than the Fishes even with certain casualties.

thanks yall. im probably going to at least skim the first few books now ...and probably look into the circe stuff.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: the first 4-5 issues are the best ... Then SuperDoomed crossover destroyed whatever momentum they had.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: right? I'm still amazed that my current favorite Diana writer is Geoff Johns! A couple of years ago I was convinced he would never get her right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I'm glad to hear the things he is doing for Wonder Woman. Him and Fabok seem highly interested her. I can't wait to see what they do with her after Convergence is over.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I'm glad to hear the things he is doing for Wonder Woman. Him and Fabok seem highly interested her. I can't wait to see what they do with her after Convergence is over.

I'm very much looking forward to how they write her in the next few arcs! Hopefully it'll rub off on Finch and other future writers on the solo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Same here :). Don't have any hope for the Fishes because they have already ruin Azzarello's perfection.

We could have Wonder Woman fighting people like Mordru and Dormammu but instead we get a stupid catfight between her and Donna for control of Themyscira.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Same here :). Don't have any hope for the Fishes because they have already ruin Azzarello's perfection.

We could have Wonder Woman fighting people like Mordru and Dormammu but instead we get a stupid catfight between her and Donna for control of Themyscira.

LOL ... I love that you call them the Fishes ... and I am very much in agreement that they've gone in a horrible direction here! The sensationalized "make Donna the ultimate WW bad guy" is just bad. I'm sure they'll eventually try and redeem Donna, but they could have gone in a thousand other directions and made it more interesting. I do wonder if they'll introduce Donna Troy and this storyline into SM/WW or JL though ... Soule at least attempted to incorporate what Azzarello was doing into his run ... thus far Tomasi seems to be on the retcon path.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I completely agree. The names are similar and they have the mindset of fishes lol. Exactly, Wonder Woman suppose to mentor Donna not fight her. I hope another writer kill off Donna and retcon her. They had a number of options but they decided to go the bad route. I could only imagine how Gail Simone and Greg Rucka feels about Fish's run. We need to start a petition to get that clueless old woman off this book.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I completely agree. The names are similar and they have the mindset of fishes lol. Exactly, Wonder Woman suppose to mentor Donna not fight her. I hope another writer kill off Donna and retcon her. They had a number of options but they decided to go the bad route. I could only imagine how Gail Simone and Greg Rucka feels about Fish's run. We need to start a petition to get that clueless old woman off this book.

It's been horrible ... critical and fan reception of the whole run has been pretty poor so far ... I think only David's existing fanbase is keeping sales from completely tanking, but even the most die-hard fans will eventually get bored with this crap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: And you mean to tell me that DC isn't doing anything to fix the problem? Just great. I wish we could give our thoughts to Finch so just maybe she will make things better.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam said:

i hate the relationship honestly but im hearing some good things about it, but i also heard they made Superman a douchebag in it

Read the first trade, it's some good good stuff.

After that it gets caught up in the Doomed storyline, and then after that Tomasi takes over and he is not very good at writing Wonder Woman, or relationships. However I will say his run does have some great action and some great art, so if you feel like reading something with your brain turned off pick it up.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you fancy seeing Wonder Woman portrayed as a dull, downright stupid pod-person who's less than Superman in every conceivable way, one that's as much an ally as a burden to Superman then smww is right up your alley.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you fancy seeing Wonder Woman portrayed as a dull, downright stupid pod-person who's less than Superman in every conceivable way, one that's as much an ally as a burden to Superman then smww is right up your alley.

Foamborn? is that you?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good. Just expect Wonder Woman to do the saving.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: And you mean to tell me that DC isn't doing anything to fix the problem? Just great. I wish we could give our thoughts to Finch so just maybe she will make things better.

David has too much pull at this stage ... he's a marquis artist with a huge following ... Meredith has never written a comic before either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Funny that you mentioned it, I just got done reading Wonder Woman #40 a few minutes ago. His art is cringeworthy based what I just seen. I wonder who thought it would be a good idea to have an beginner writing one of the biggest names in comics lol.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Funny that you mentioned it, I just got done reading Wonder Woman #40 a few minutes ago. His art is cringeworthy based what I just seen. I wonder who thought it would be a good idea to have an beginner writing one of the biggest names in comics lol.

right? The guy can draw the hell out of a monster, but otherwise I'm pretty unimpressed. Meredith has been writing herself in circles since her first issue and is showing her lack of experience by being unable to move her plot forward.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It is pretty good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: His monsters are definitely great but I am more impressed by Fabok's art. I absolutely loved Cliff Chiang's work. They should've just got a more experienced female writer in Simone. Simone would have pushed this plot to new heights.

Oh and about my opinion on the issue, it was decent but could've been much better. I hated how the amazons attacked those guys. Donna is a b*tch, she represents what people hate about feminists.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

It's good. Just expect Wonder Woman to do the saving.

Because they sideline Superman to give Wonder Woman a shot at the spotlight. Soule had Superman be so burdened by the duty of protecting Wonder Woman that he couldn't concentrate, he was like "I'm way more powerful and better than you but I can't function because all I can think about is protecting you from them who are as powerful as ME therefore capable of killing you" and Wonder Woman was like "Yes you are Superman but I can take care of myself, I'm a strong independent woman you know, except not really..."

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: Lool they should just be seen as equals. It's Superman's book just as much as it is Wonder Woman's.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CSG_CL
    CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: weren't you just saying you missed Foamborn/Archizoom? This is exactly how she would have responded

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: yeah brunhildes response... For some reason it won't let me quote from a tablet ... I was kidding about FB because BRunhilde seems to have the same opinions as FB ... Just being snarky :)

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I'd just like to see some good discussions without the haters and fanboys and crazy pseudo-feminists trolling this forum!

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Archizooom

@agent41 said:

I guess being a fan is not enough to write a good run. Meredith is proving that. But let's be honest. There are 2 main problems. Sometimes WW doesn't get writers that actually care about her character and background so they make a lot of changes that aren't needed instead of trying to use the full potential of what's already there. Azzarello i'm looking at you. And sometimes she gets writers that are fans but lack sense of direction. I'm looking at many writers here. She doesn't recive proper balance from the hands of many writers. She ain't got much luck with that.

Lady Finch is not a fan, she didn't know anything about Wonder Woman, didn't do a lot of research and she's relying on her husband's knowledge which she describes as encyclopedic to guide her through the experience, by her own admission. Also she said recently that her favorite character was "by far the Little Mermaid", somehow this woman got the gig

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: It's a weird book: Wonder Woman fans hate it because it doesn't feature Superman enough and Superman fans hate it because Superman is constantly being saved by Wonder Woman.

As a fan of both, the Superman fans have more validity in their claim than the Wonder Woman fans.

As far as "douchebag" Superman, I don't know who told you that, but they lied.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: You have to be in desktop mode to quote.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: It's a weird book: Wonder Woman fans hate it because it doesn't feature Superman enough and Superman fans hate it because Superman is constantly being saved by Wonder Woman.

As a fan of both, the Superman fans have more validity in their claim than the Wonder Woman fans.

As far as "douchebag" Superman, I don't know who told you that, but they lied.

You mean as a 95% Superman + 5% Wonder Woman fan and in your 100% unbiased opinion, the Superman fans are correct

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: it's actually 55% Superman, 45% Wonder Woman, but I'm not denying I'm a bigger Superman fan.

Even then, Superman hasn't gotten better treatment than Wonder Woman in this book.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes you should, but if you hate the pairing you may be going into it with the wrong mind set.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: it's actually 55% Superman, 45% Wonder Woman, but I'm not denying I'm a bigger Superman fan.

Even then, Superman hasn't gotten better treatment than Wonder Woman in this book.

He's a pale shadow of his All-Star Superman self which I'm guessing is the benchmark for Superman right. Well unfortunately had Superman been like that, Wonder Woman would've looked like a tiny spec of nothingness with nothing to contribute so they've had to contrive creative ways to render Superman a mite more inefficient.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: You have to be in desktop mode to quote.

Indeed ... this site needs a new CMS ... can't even respond to multiple users at once from the tablet/mobile :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.