Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Should Hercules be Wonder Woman’s father??

JestersJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hercules be Wonder Woman’s father??

I wrote an essay with a fan-fic story at the end of it.

http://www.jestersjoker.com/Hercules_is_Wonder_Womans_Father.pdf

Would love to hear some comments on it.

The only thing I would change is that Hippolyta gave birth to twins and Hera turned both of them into clay statues and thousands of years later they are brought back to life at different times thus explaining the stories that state that Donna is both a twin of Diana as well as her younger sister.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Well, it could work, but I still prefer Diana being born absolutely pure, like before the n52.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

Well, it could work, but I still prefer Diana being born absolutely pure, like before the n52.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

daughter of zeus , sorry

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

No. Herceles himself is only a demi-god. It makes more sense for it to be Zeus, (especially given he is a slut).

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

@waezi2: I prefer it too. Making Diana a legitimate Goddess doesn't sit well with me.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nop.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LeeSensei
    @fallschirmjager said:

No. Herceles himself is only a demi-god. It makes more sense for it to be Zeus, (especially given he is a slut).

Nope. Hercules is a full God.

Anyways, I prefer the clay origin.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

do you mean pure as in clay or not being a bastard? if it's the former it might be time for you take off the nostalgio glasses and join the real world.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tigerkaya

..... Yeah no, considering Hercules in DC is a despicable rapist I'm going to say hell no.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By waezi2

@waezi2 said:

do you mean pure as in clay or not being a bastard? if it's the former it might be time for you take off the nostalgio glasses and join the real world.

I AM part of the real world, but WW is not.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jphulk26

Are you guys drinking moron juice?? What is wrong with people.

By the way read quite a bit of your essay, well written. Good. I will try and read it all later to give you feed back. Hercules and Zeus thing still stupid ideas, but the essay and drawings aren´t bad. Are any of the drawings yours?

JestersJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

daughter of zeus , sorry

In Greek myth Ares the god of war is the father of Hippoltya and the son of the gods Zeus & Hera which would imply that Diana is a product of an incestuous adulterous affair.

Why would anyone want that for Diana??

JestersJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..... Yeah no, considering Hercules in DC is a despicable rapist I'm going to say hell no.

Only in Perez’s DC version was Hippolyta raped and even then he seduced her first which would imply that Hippolyta gave herself willingly to Hercules as in previous versions before Perez’s drugged and rape story.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope! Zues brings more of a sense of royalty!

JestersJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JestersJoker

@drgnx:

Royalty??

Are you serious?

Diana princess of Paradise Island and bastard daughter of the King god Zeus and Queen Hippolyta his granddaughter the whore of Themyscira.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules is a demigod, if Wonder Women were his child she'd be a quartergod and we can't have that.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'd be good with that.

JestersJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JestersJoker

Hercules is a demigod, if Wonder Women were his child she'd be a quartergod and we can't have that.

Being a daughter of Ares does not necessarily mean that Ares is the biological father of all Amazons.

To many it just means a follower or worshiper so any one who worships Ares could be called a son or daughter of Ares.

Were as Hippolyta and her sisters Antiope, Melaippe, and Penthesilea were specifically written in Greek myth to be daughters of Ares and Otrera the first Amazon and daughter of Euros god of the east wind who by the way is written as having wings and looking like an angel. So Hippolyta and her sisters are full goddess’s in Greek myth that is.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ArchiZoom

@jestersjoker said:

@archizoom said:

Being a daughter of Ares does not necessarily mean that Ares is the biological father of all Amazons.

To many it just means a follower or worshiper so any one who worships Ares could be called a son or daughter of Ares.

Were as Hippolyta and her sisters Antiope, Melaippe, and Penthesilea were specifically written in Greek myth to be daughters of Ares and Otrera the first Amazon and daughter of Euros god of the east wind who by the way is written as having wings and looking like an angel. So Hippolyta and her sisters are full goddess’s in Greek myth that is.

yeah but in the DCU hippolyta is the reincarnation of a woman killed by her husband in the dawn of civilization and in greek mythology Heracles defeated her and stole her girdle. How come a demigod have beaten a full blooded God, Queen of the Amazons?

And why should Wonder Woman be his daughter? I don't get why you come up with ideas like this. Would the character be better if she were? For some reason, people come up with new creative ways every day to demote Wonder Woman.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By waezi2

@archizoom:

Well, he is one of the greates heroes in Greek mythology, AND a demigod.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ArchiZoom

@waezi2 said:

@archizoom:

Well, he is one of the greates heroes in Greek mythology, AND a demigod.

But Jester said she's a full God and a fearless warrior herself, she should be more powerful than him lol

JestersJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersjoker said:

@archizoom said:

yeah but in the DCU hippolyta is the reincarnation of a woman killed by her husband in the dawn of civilization and in greek mythology Heracles defeated her and stole her girdle. How come a demigod have beaten a full blooded God, Queen of the Amazons?

And why should Wonder Woman be his daughter? I don't get why you come up with ideas like this. Would the character be better if she were? For some reason, people come up with new creative ways every day to demote Wonder Woman.

In Greek myth the only time Amazons had sex with men was to get pregnant.

Hercules on his 9th labor was given the task of retrieving Hippolyta’s magic belt given to her by her father Ares the god of war.

In Greek custom during the wedding ceremony the woman loosens her belt as a sign that she is opening herself up to her husband to marriage and pregnancy.

In Geek legend it was rumored that the Amazons killed the man after they had sex with him, so it is assumed that when the Amazons attacked Hercules and his men that Hercules killed Hippolyta in many of the Greek myths and ran off with the belt Hippolyta willingly gave to him thinking she was going to kill him after they had sex.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By fodigg

I don't think it's the right choice. She's supposed to be a "modern day hercules" (at least, such is the supposed benefit of her new 52 origin) and that doesn't really work if she's actually his daughter.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ArchiZoom

@jestersjoker said:

Hercules on his 9th labor was given the task of retrieving Hippolyta’s magic belt given to her by her father Ares the god of war.

In Greek custom during the wedding ceremony the woman loosens her belt as a sign that she is opening herself up to her husband to marriage and pregnancy.

In Geek legend it was rumored that the Amazons killed the man after they had sex with him, so it is assumed that when the Amazons attacked Hercules and his men that Hercules killed Hippolyta in many of the Greek myths and ran off with the belt Hippolyta willingly gave to him thinking she was going to kill him after they had sex.

So you're saying because they did bam bam in the greek myth, Wonder Woman should be his daughter? She's supposedly stronger than him. Personally, I wouldn't mind that terribly, as long as she gets to be stronger than her father, and almost as strong as superman I'm okay with anything. I don't particularly like that she's a "princess" because princess is probably the most derogatory name you can call a woman in my opinion. That we call women "princess" yet treat them with so much contempt and prejudice seems so horribly cynical to me.

JestersJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JestersJoker

@archizoom said:

So you're saying because they did bam bam in the greek myth,

Wonder Woman should be his daughter?

I know this will come as a shock to you but the belt also represented Hippolyta’s crown as well as her virginity in Greek myth that is.

JestersJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JestersJoker

@archizoom said:

@jestersjoker said:

. I don't particularly like that she's a "princess" because princess is probably the most derogatory name you can call a woman in my opinion. That we call women "princess" yet treat them with so much contempt and prejudice seems so horribly cynical to me.

They should change the heading to say

The daughter of Hippolyta born on Snake Island to a race of Amazon snake Warriors, Diana is a princess, an ambassador of an island full of female snakes and is a female snake warrior herself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.