Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Should Genocide come back ?

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I personally liked the idea of genocide she was an awesome and a badass character like an evil wonder woman xD i personally would like to see genocide in live action too someday ! is it just me ?

Avatar image for deactivated-61d5b935096d2
    deactivated-61d5b935096d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the Genocide story arc, but I can't say I liked the character. Maybe she could come back, but she would need a more fleshed out character and I think her design would need to be changed as well, she looks like something out of a particularly bad 90s comic.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think Devastation was the best anti-Wonder Woman. Even with all her wisdom I think Wonder Woman has always managed to carry this certain innocents of a child, and as such I think it's only fitting that her evil reflection be that of a child.

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sisko95 lol true she did look weird but i liked how raw and intimidating she looked ! at least they didn't make her a typical sexy female comicbook character !

@muffin_sangria yes i would love to see more evil versions of wonder woman from DC maybe some version of wonder woman very powerful to go up against Justice League xD

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moi245 said:

@sisko95 lol true she did look weird but i liked how raw and intimidating she looked ! at least they didn't make her a typical sexy female comicbook character !

@muffin_sangria yes i would love to see more evil versions of wonder woman from DC maybe some version of wonder woman very powerful to go up against Justice League xD

genocide was better than devastation, but she needs another origin. i think she could be a cyber nanotech weapon designed v cale to destroy ww, but then Ares comes back and blesses it so that it´s hatred turns against all humanity and it becomes 100 times stronger.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Yeah, I think Genocide should be like The Destroyer from Asgard.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really get the Genocide love. To me saying Genocide is interesting is an interesting character is like saying Doomsday is an interesting character. To me Devastation is the much more interesting character with the potential for much better story lines going forward. She might need a new origin but I was thinking they could actually go for something similar to Donna Troy's post-crisis origin, but with Ares being behind it rather then Dark Angel, or Cronos.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Think DC should just abandon the effort of these 'dark mirror' copies of heroes, because in 95% of the cases, they don't work unless the necessary leg work is done to differentiate them from hero they are copying.

Like, Bizarro only really works as a comedy relief character, he can't really stand on his own, whereas General Zod can. Same is the case of Batman, who has half a dozen 'dark mirrors' and the best one is Deathstroke, who is more than just Evil Bruce. As has been pointed out Genocide isn't so much a character, it's a mostly mute construct that walks around punching things, it's a monster of the week that same way Doomsday is, and not much else. And as such, it's no skin off my back if never shows up again.

What oddly does seem to work is when the Crime Society shows up, and quite possibly they only work because they have each other to bounce off rather than 'just' one hero. Superwoman is interesting because she hates Ultraman, but is married to him, while cheating on him with Owlman and degrading Olsen in her pasttime, rather than her being an evil Wonder Woman.

I don't really get the Genocide love. To me saying Genocide is interesting is an interesting character is like saying Doomsday is an interesting character. To me Devastation is the much more interesting character with the potential for much better story lines going forward. She might need a new origin but I was thinking they could actually go for something similar to Donna Troy's post-crisis origin, but with Ares being behind it rather then Dark Angel, or Cronos.

Reading this I was thinking you could solve the current debacle with Donna by her 'degrading' over time and eventually end up as something akin to Devastation or Genocide (kinda like the STAS Bizarro). You'd get the monster, and leave the door open for the Titans Hunt Donna to get back into the present day :)

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devastation > Grail > ..................> Genocide

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jphulk26

@scorpio_cassadine said:

Devastation > Grail > ..................> Genocide

When I say Genocide is better, I mean purely in concept. Her look was horrible, her origin dumb; I mean I would literally scrap everything about her accept her power to turn people blood thirsty insane when they are around her and her name. Just because that power means the Justice League would have to leave it to wonder woman to defeat her, because only with the lasso of truth can you resist her power to turn you insane. I don´t see her as anything accept purely a monster villain. Doomsday or Bane aren´t necessairily interesting villains but they are effective ones. I would make her look like a mix between a cyborg and Carnage from Spider-Man.

I don´t like the idea of a child size wonder woman, and the name Devastation is a bit weird.

Grail I like as a Justice League villain, but I don´t like wonder woman villains having anything to do with superman or batman. Her villains should be spun out of her own mythology.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're entitled to your opinion however I totally disagree. Devastation as a concept and character was great when she was first introduced.

Her downfall was too many appearances too close together, but they also went wrong when they brought her back as an adult. She was much creepier as a murderous child, like Claudia from "Interview With A Vampire". Her origin and design were perfect, until they made that tragic mistake.

She was ruthless and evil yet somehow sympathetic, because readers didn't want to see her attacked physically by Diana, but Devastation could attack violently at will. That saving grace went out the window when hero and villain appeared to be the same age and equally matched.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.