Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

She's Bi/Possible Lesbian... happy?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Well, not the current one, but a "clone" of her from the future

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As usual, the characters are acting out-of-character with the usual tired rehash of that obscure writer. Keith Giffen is ok, if it's the early 90s. But now, It's like the same 1,000th consecutive breakfast of cinnamon toast and chocolate milk.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Well, a girl from an island solely populated by women that have prejudice against man could be into girls, color me shocked.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As usual, the characters are acting out-of-character with the usual tired rehash of that obscure writer. Keith Giffen is ok, if it's the early 90s. But now, It's like the same 1,000th consecutive breakfast of cinnamon toast and chocolate milk.

... dafuq are you talking about? These are people whose DNA has been altered to give them the powers of JL members. They aren't acting out of character, cus they are original Characters.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it confirm this was earth-51?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This dudes art has really grown on me.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: My bad, didn't notice they are JL 3000 characters. But hey, check out Keith Giffen's take on various DC characters and you'll know what I'm talking about.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: My bad, didn't notice they are JL 3000 characters. But hey, check out Keith Giffen's take on various DC characters and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I'm a New 52 baby, so I don't know much about many artists cus I just barely started reading a while ago. I quite like his art, it really suits this dirty future and his Girl Flash is pretty cute

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

In my opinion... everyone's a little bit bi.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

earth one wonder woman will have a crush on a girl so im guessing she is already bi, plenty of writers have written her with that concept in mind as well

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

This was pretty much established some issues ago where Diana mentioned she does sleep with both men and women and is quite open about it. The thing with Terry on the other hand... I think thats more in the sibling sort of way.

Oh, and can I just say how utterly brilliant it's going to be to see classic Guy Gardner run around in a female body, I am going to have so much to laugh at now. :D

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SaintWildcard

@outside_85 said:

This was pretty much established some issues ago where Diana mentioned she does sleep with both men and women and is quite open about it. The thing with Terry on the other hand... I think thats more in the sibling sort of way.

Yeah, I pretty much fell of this series a while ago (something I've grown to regret, but I plan on keeping up with the relaunch), so I must have missed the sleeps with ladies part . I know she'll sleep with anyone she finds suitable, which at the time was a dude so it's why I said Bi.

Oh, and can I just say how utterly brilliant it's going to be to see classic Guy Gardner run around in a female body, I am going to have so much to laugh at now. :D

Yeah, that was gold.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just make mainstream Wonder Woman bi too. Mind as well.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
    TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

When is any fanbase ever happy?

- TAS

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By kidchipotle

Awesome. Giffen can do no wrong in my eyes. Love him.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since her inception there have been some rumours of her being Lesbian or Bi ... Marston himself was in a 3-way marriage with 2 women so it's likely that he considered this to be just another bit of the Amazons being progressive. I don't think she's ever truly been depicted as Lesbian/Bi since so much of her history she had a love affair going with Steve. But it's clear that the Amazon's are mostly L/B given the nature of their world ... I'm not a fan of making WW non-Straight as I personally like the idea of her as an advocate and ally to the LGBTQ community. Personally I think she can mean more to the LGBTQ community by fighting for us than by sleeping with other women.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
    PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too far.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When is any fanbase ever happy?

- TAS

Well, Bruce Wayne fans tend to be happy 99% of the time since Bruce is featured in 99% of DC stuff.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Archizooom

@scouterv said:

Well, Bruce Wayne fans tend to be happy 99% of the time since Bruce is featured in 99% of DC stuff.

Allow me to explain why I think the Wonder Woman fans are such a fretful and whiny bunch. Imagine the following situation: Soule, Tomasi and Lady Finch are all Masterchef contestants and today we're having the mystery box challenge. In front of them is a box full of fresh prawns, scallops and premium cuts of meat, they can create a delicious fine dining dish with these ingredients! However Finch chucks them in a blender, Tomasi drowns them in tomato sauce whereas Soule decides to marinate the prawns in his own spit and cook them sous-vide.

Then when the dishes keep coming back we chalk it up to the restaurant's customers being a bunch of haters and never contemplate the possibility that maybe Meredith's 'scallop and prawn smoothie' is just a bit yucky

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

this is hardly anything new. many writers have considered Wonder Woman bi for a long time now

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mutant God

This is out of context for me so heres my question, why does Guy Gardner look like a girl?

Anyway to the topic, no she needs a girlfriend/an on-screen female love interest to prove it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Allow me to explain why I think the Wonder Woman fans are such a fretful and whiny bunch. Imagine the following situation: Soule, Tomasi and Lady Finch are all Masterchef contestants and today we're having the mystery box challenge. In front of them is a box full of fresh prawns, scallops and premium cuts of meat, they can create a delicious fine dining dish with these ingredients! However Finch chucks them in a blender, Tomasi drowns them in tomato sauce whereas Soule decides to marinate the prawns in his own spit and cook them sous-vide.

Then when the dishes keep coming back we chalk it up to the restaurant's customers being a bunch of haters and never contemplate the possibility that maybe Meredith's 'scallop and prawn smoothie' is just a bit yucky

Classic FOamborn.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is out of context for me so heres my question, why does Guy Gardner look like a girl?

Anyway to the topic, no she needs a girlfriend/an on-screen female love interest to prove it.

... cus he is a girl? In this future, some group got the DNA of the heroes and added it to people. Guy's DNA got added to some chick.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde said:
    @scouterv said:

Classic FOamborn.

you mean rambling, off-topic and semi-rational? I agree!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: IDK about that, but this "new" chick is making the same weird analogies Foamborn made. FB made analogies about fashion, this one made one about high end cooks.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: IDK about that, but this "new" chick is making the same weird analogies Foamborn made. FB made analogies about fashion, this one made one about high end cooks.

I'm just being snarky ... mention of Foamborn/Archizoom always brings out the worst in me :)

The new chick does have some clear similarities ... and a seemingly personal hatred of Charles Soule ... time will tell I suppose

No Caption Provided

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Makes sense. Raised on an island solely full of women and aside from Ares, his paternal figures were mainly women so..

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Beyond happy

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: sorry, but being raised on an island populated by women doesn't really equate to ones sexuality, nor does paternal/maternal figures. Convenient for sexual release certainly, but that's not really the same thing.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@csg_cl said:

@saint_sophie: sorry, but being raised on an island populated by women doesn't really equate to ones sexuality, nor does paternal/maternal figures. Convenient for sexual release certainly, but that's not really the same thing.

I was kind of jokingly backing up the fact that it makes sense that Diana's a les/bi considering how she was raised on an island full of women. Sorry if what I said rubbed off the wrong way for you. And yes, I'm well aware that who you're raised by doesn't affect your sexuality.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CSG_CL
    Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@csg_cl said:

@saint_sophie: no worries :)

PS I wasn't trying to be pissy

Ah okay. I thought I offended you..

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Oh good then. :).

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I never thought I would say this but... Guy's cameltoe....

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, Foamborn got banned?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.