Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Sharing something fun about a ww fan-made trailer.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Discovered something funny because I have far to much time on my hands :)

There´s a WW trailer that is fan-made and I just wondered if I´m going mad, but I think the Rakim track below goes it exactly with it, but you have to sink it up just right. It also made me think one WW trailer with a hip-hop track behind might actually work really well in attracting people. Especially a male audience.

Anyway see what you think. It gets me super pumped for the prospect of a ww movie.

Put Rakim at 11 secs and wonder woman at 17

Or Rakim around 0 and wonder 7

Tell me if it´s just in my head, but I don´t think it is :)

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't mind me asking, are you black?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jphulk26

Yeah, perhaps if you don´t enjoy hip hop or can´t focus on lyrics, don´t bother. no offense to the person who asked, but it´s just kind of an odd question for me to ask about my race because the song is a rap song... I´ve though all types of different songs go with images. If I posted a song that was opera, would that mean I was Italian? Below is the lyrics and what you should be seeing during the song.

Just so you know what you should be seeing. It also fits because it´s ubermasculine and of course WW isn´t, but she is kind of gangster when she wants to be.

If you have it synced like this, more of the images sync up with lyrics, but these are the main things that do.

Lyrics Of The Song

Rugged and rough that's how I do it

[A:] Allah who I praise to the fullest

[K:] Keep it moving, I: Stand alone

[M:] It's my crown, my world, my throne

[Verse 1]

Aiyyo when Rakim Allah attack, it's a wrap y'all relax

The arm in that, you show me where the party's at

Seminars and tracks, hors, comas, and cardiacs

Broads and cats screaming "Oh my God he's back" / On this Lyric you should have a full view of Ares

Just imagine, I hit the lab and get it crackin'

A thousand styles in one verse, rhythms will switch patterns

Chicks get stabbed in the back, till they get spasms

Known to spit a magnum, or split an atom / Steve Trevors plane gets Shot

Who woulda known that Jesus would come back to the ghetto

On that level, and that thorough, like a black hero

And pack metal, so rap rebels, will back pedal

The pharaoh of five boroughs, and take over the rap world

Gettin' bizarre, hardcore, this is for y'all

The crib or the park, play it when you get in the car

Chill at the bar, sip somethin' or split a cigar

Get with your dogs, don't be alarmed, this kid is the bomb

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]

Uh, yeah yo, I used to paint this flow, on ancient scrolls / Here another oninous view of Ares

And learn ta, make this dough, where gangstas roll / Ares Lair

Think like the late great Capone when the bank is closed / Diana looking like a boss

It's cats that claim they bold, but they ain't this cold / Hippolyta then ....

I'm from New York City even pretty chicks act up / We see Diana in costume, ready to kick ass

Niggas get clapped up, you stack up, they stick that up / Steve Trevor getting ready

Put the strap up, you think my name was "Kid back up" / WW Again standing firm looking boss

Big niggas (spittin' noise) pick that up, or lift that up

Raised by gangstas and gamblers, hustlers, con artists/ WW suiting up

And convicts, killers and dons

Drug dealers, playas and pimps, smooth talkers/

Stick up kids, thugs, real niggas and gods/ Ares commanding his minions

Haunted by every soul that lay dead in the turf/ The Undead actually rise from the ground

Close by every spirit, that never made it to birth/ Another of Ares wiping blood from sword on face

Since the Moon separated from Earth/ Finally an image of Ares plan becoming manifest

That's why they say I'm the greatest that ever orchestrated a verse

It's the

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]

Ay yo, we toast to that, it's the cat that broke backs / Mainly WW looking like a boss

To a soul slap, a smoke a track, how dope is that

Poet for rap, wrote backs that most slack,

That know rap before they turned coke to crack

To my dogs hearin' sirens on and firearms /a fire-demon put a sword in the ground creating conflagration of Earth

Outcome die in wars or behind iron bars

The boulevard, tire frauds when I evolve/ Diana taking applause for saving the day

Try and rob, my dialogue, I am God/ Ares appears at this point

Chicks moan just to get next to my throne/ Stand off between Diana and bad guys and Ares

And sniff my cologne and get Ra alone/

Sex spot's at home, I'm testosterone/ On testerone we see Ares squaring up with Diana

Caress spots, stress drops, bedrock's the bone

Hit the floor, it's hot for 2003

Hit's galore, who rock a style as wild as me/ Diana looking like a boss again

Rest assure, when I rock dance crowds and scream

Bis-Mi-Allah A-Rahman A-Rahim it's the

@brunnhilde said:

If you don't mind me asking, are you black?

Yes. But it really has nothing to do with it. I´m into various types of music. And I rarely if ever listen to rap these days. I was just saying the lyrics of the song actually match up to a lot of the images in the trailer. I was also thinking of the iron man trailer and how it broke from using epic music as per usual to more fun contemporary music, so I thought if ww did a trailer that used that epic style music, but there could also be a trailer that uses more contemporary music as well.

I hope you don´t think I´m offended. I´m not. But really listen to the lyrics, look at the images, before asking if it´s because I´m black and like rap that I think the song goes with it.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jphulk26

Just so you know what you should be seeing. It also fits because it´s ubermasculine and of course WW isn´t, but she is kind of gangster when she wants to be.

Lyrics Of The Song

Rugged and rough that's how I do it

[A:] Allah who I praise to the fullest

[K:] Keep it moving, I: Stand alone

[M:] It's my crown, my world, my throne

[Verse 1]

Aiyyo when Rakim Allah attack, it's a wrap y'all relax

The arm in that, you show me where the party's at

Seminars and tracks, hors, comas, and cardiacs

Broads and cats screaming "Oh my God he's back" / On this Lyric you should have a full view of Ares

Just imagine, I hit the lab and get it crackin'

A thousand styles in one verse, rhythms will switch patterns

Chicks get stabbed in the back, till they get spasms

Known to spit a magnum, or split an atom / Steve Trevors plane gets Shot

Who woulda known that Jesus would come back to the ghetto

On that level, and that thorough, like a black hero

And pack metal, so rap rebels, will back pedal

The pharaoh of five boroughs, and take over the rap world

Gettin' bizarre, hardcore, this is for y'all

The crib or the park, play it when you get in the car

Chill at the bar, sip somethin' or split a cigar

Get with your dogs, don't be alarmed, this kid is the bomb

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]

Uh, yeah yo, I used to paint this flow, on ancient scrolls / Here another oninous view of Ares

And learn ta, make this dough, where gangstas roll / Ares Lair

Think like the late great Capone when the bank is closed / Diana looking like a boss

It's cats that claim they bold, but they ain't this cold / Hippolyta then ....

I'm from New York City even pretty chicks act up / We see Diana in costume, ready to kick ass

Niggas get clapped up, you stack up, they stick that up / Steve Trevor getting ready

Put the strap up, you think my name was "Kid back up" / WW Again standing firm looking boss

Big niggas (spittin' noise) pick that up, or lift that up

Raised by gangstas and gamblers, hustlers, con artists/ WW suiting up

And convicts, killers and dons

Drug dealers, playas and pimps, smooth talkers/

Stick up kids, thugs, real niggas and gods/ Ares commanding his minions

Haunted by every soul that lay dead in the turf/ The Undead actually rise from the ground

Close by every spirit, that never made it to birth/ Another of Ares wiping blood from sword on face

Since the Moon separated from Earth/ Finally an image of Ares plan becoming manifest

That's why they say I'm the greatest that ever orchestrated a verse

It's the

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]

Ay yo, we toast to that, it's the cat that broke backs / Mainly WW looking like a boss

To a soul slap, a smoke a track, how dope is that

Poet for rap, wrote backs that most slack,

That know rap before they turned coke to crack

To my dogs hearin' sirens on and firearms /a fire-demon put a sword in the ground creating conflagration of Earth

Outcome die in wars or behind iron bars

The boulevard, tire frauds when I evolve/ Diana taking applause for saving the day

Try and rob, my dialogue, I am God/ Ares appears at this point

Chicks moan just to get next to my throne/ Stand off between Diana and bad guys and Ares

And sniff my cologne and get Ra alone/

Sex spot's at home, I'm testosterone/ On testerone we see Ares squaring up with Diana

Caress spots, stress drops, bedrock's the bone

Hit the floor, it's hot for 2003

Hit's galore, who rock a style as wild as me/ Diana looking like a boss again

Rest assure, when I rock dance crowds and scream

Bis-Mi-Allah A-Rahman A-Rahim it's the

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I apologize if I was indelicate and I didn't guess you're black based on the fact that you like Eminem, your penchant for pale blue-eyed women as well your choice for Steve Trevor had already pointed me towards that suspicion. I was just curious as to whether I guessed correctly, I'm sorry if I offended you..

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I apologize if I was indelicate and I didn't guess you're black based on the fact that you like Eminem, your penchant for pale blue-eyed women as well your choice for Steve Trevor had already pointed me towards that suspicion. I was just curious as to whether I guessed correctly, I'm sorry if I offended you..

Nah man. No offense taken. But again, I think you're confusing why I thought about a black Steve Trevor, and why I wanted ww to be "Mediteranian looking" but with blue eyes. Steve was just because I thought Anthony Mackie would make a great Steve. My top choice is actually Gossling. As for WW's look I think blue eyes with, dark skin would make her look otherworldly. That's it. --

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

Nah man. No offense taken. But again, I think you're confusing why I thought about a black Steve Trevor, and why I wanted ww to be "Mediteranian looking" but with blue eyes. Steve was just because I thought Anthony Mackie would make a great Steve. My top choice is actually Gossling. As for WW's look I think blue eyes with, dark skin would make her look otherworldly. That's it. --

Maybe I am or maybe a part of you would like to see a black man bang a white blue-eyed Wonder Woman, that's why when it comes to Steve, it matters a whole lot less whether they remain faithful to the source material. Anyway, Anthony Mackie is unavailable and Ryan Gosling would hope to land a more important role.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

Maybe I am or maybe a part of you would like to see a black man bang a white blue-eyed Wonder Woman, that's why when it comes to Steve, it matters a whole lot less whether they remain faithful to the source material. Anyway, Anthony Mackie is unavailable and Ryan Gosling would hope to land a more important role.

I doubt marvel make them sign a noncompete contract for dc when they aren´t one of the main guys. I have no interest in seeing anyone bang wonder woman. It will not make me feel any more or any less close to steve trevor if he is black or not. what will matter is if he´s a good actor who suits the part. Also if done right there should be nothing unimportant about steve trevor. He´s seen as unimportant because dc makes everything about ww seem unimportant. I mean forgodsake look who they cast as ww. Black Widow got more respect.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Falcon is in the new Avengers team so he probably signed a non-compete, regardless I doubt he even would've be considered. I'm not even sure what Steve's supposed to be like personality-wise, beyond being an honorable man. As for Ryan Gosling, he said he didn't join the Superhero fad yet because "(the big roles) are all taken", he's too big for Steve Trevor.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jphulk26

@brunnhilde said:

@jphulk26: I'm not even sure what Steve's supposed to be like personality-wise, beyond being an honorable man.

That's exactly my point. Steve has no distinct personality, the film is going to create that, for better or worse. What ever this film does with WW´s villains, and allies, it will have a huge rippling impact on her comics going forward. A wonder woman film may blow up and Ryan Gossling would forever be thought of as the first in the role, like Margot Kidder as Lois. Noone knew Lois would be such an iconic chaarcater at the time, but because of the way it was written she almost stole the show. Steve is undeveloped by DC comics, so however they portray him in the film is going to have a huge influence and is likely if the film is good to for a long time to come be seen as the difinitive version of the character.

Same with WW. Remember this; there was no fortress of solitude until Superman the movie, and the Joker, was seen by the public as goofy, light hearted character before the darker Burton interpretaion of the character. Movies change the way people percieve certain comic book characters.

The film will have huge impact on her mythos (if it is good and a huge hit) If I was an actor and the script was decent I would jump at playing Steve Trevor, over any superhero outside Iron Man Batman Superman or Wolverine or Shazam. Green Lantern will likely not do the numbers WW could if approached right. Steve Trevor is pretty much the second biggest chartacter in the mythos, is gonna do a lot of action, as he´s not the typical damsel-in-distress, and ww is going to be an important landmark in cinema for femal action heroes. I´d much more wanna be part of that than playing Green Lantern a role that has already failed.

The only issue is how good is the script? If the ww script is bad then I´d give it a pass, but if it´s really really good, then this could possibly be the most important superhero event in the near future outside batman vs superman and Justice League.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.