Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Sensational Comics: Wonder Woman & Donna Troy Book

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I will probably get no support for this but I'm just going to put it out there. As the other two of the Trinity have there named books (BatmanSuperman) and there original iconic books (Detective ComicsAction Comics) who would want to see second Wonder Woman book named Sensational Comics? It could be helmed by Morrison since he wants to have a shot at the character. It could also feature Donna Troy which would bring in many of the fans upset at her disappearance Post-Flashpont. I'm a huge fan of this idea, especially if Wonder Woman focused more on her super heroic role in the wider world where Sensational Comics could focus more on the mythological aspects, having the setting more in the realm of gods and monsters. 

No Caption Provided
            So would anybody like this kind of book? Do you even think Wonder Woman could hold more than one book? Are you enjoying her series so far? What came first the chicken or the egg?
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By ReVamp

ReVamp approves.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ReVamp said:

ReVamp approves.

Lol at least I have one person agree with me 
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

ReVamp approves.

All you had to say was "Donna Troy" and I was there.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

ReVamp approves.

Haha I thought that would get some people on my side 
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

ReVamp approves.

Haha I thought that would get some people on my side

And the mythology bit. A book with Amazons and Gods would be frawsome. [Freacking Awesome]

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

ReVamp approves.

Haha I thought that would get some people on my side

And the mythology bit. A book with Amazons and Gods would be frawsome. [Freacking Awesome]

Exactly, with a lot of people split between making Wonder Woman more superheroy and earth based or more warrior and mythology based they can have the best of both worlds. 
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

bump

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

I'm not sure Wonder Woman has enough financial support from fans to support an additional title, though I do think the title would be appropriate.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By jrock85

I'd read it.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By super_psycho

@jrock85 said:

I'd read it.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @PowerHerc said:

I'm not sure Wonder Woman has enough financial support from fans to support an additional title, though I do think the title would be appropriate.

I think if Morrison was on it and it had a good premise and included Donna Troy then it would sell.
    RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#12  Edited By RazzaTazz

Sure, the more WW the better, but I think she is firmly in the one series range as a character.  Though she is a flagship character so that one series will be a constant I think.  

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#13  Edited By krspaceT

Perhaps it could even add Wonder Boy

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

Sounds like a good idea. Green Lantern has more books than Wonder Woman and being one of DC's Big 3, she deserves another title. But one I don't know whether Wonder Woman has the financial support and two Morrison's working on Wonder Woman: Earth One so another writer would be needed.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Lvenger:

wonder woman could sell much more,and i'm taling about worlwide sales,she has the potential,but DC hasn't the balls,she is a god like warrior,with her mythologyher prrsonality,development and iconic statu,she could be much more,she could have epic adventures with epic fights where she can show all her power,situations where sh struggles with problems like if she was a normal human,develop her supporting characters,put her in different situations to show her different sides,she has the potential to be much more successful,but DC and writters don't have the balls to take it to the next level,because they still have problems to handle a beautiful,strong,smart,independent,peace loving and kind woman,sad but true.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Jonny_Anonymous:

wonder woman could sell much more,and i'm taling about worlwide sales,she has the potential,but DC hasn't the balls,she is a god like warrior,with her mythologyher prrsonality,development and iconic statu,she could be much more,she could have epic adventures with epic fights where she can show all her power,situations where sh struggles with problems like if she was a normal human,develop her supporting characters,put her in different situations to show her different sides,she has the potential to be much more successful,but DC and writters don't have the balls to take it to the next level,because they still have problems to handle a beautiful,strong,smart,independent,peace loving and kind woman,sad but true.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Press Oblivion

@gokuwarrior said:

@Jonny_Anonymous:

Is Wonder Woman peace loving? She's certainly not written that way in either of the titles that feature her character. One would look at her character and the what would entail the upbringing of an Amazon Warrior and you might conclude that an Amanzon at heart would enjoy the challenge of combat, the defeat of the enemy through strategic and overpowering tactics, and the celebration of Victory. With the relaunch, I don't think that they have given Wonder Woman a mission statement or the title of Themesciran Ambassador of Peace. She seems to be more Viking hot head than Post Crisis Wonder Woman of Compassion in Justice League. In her own title she's more calculated and cunning but never exorcizing the option to resolve her problems peacefully.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By moywar700

I keep thinking that DC should just give her a digital-weekly for sensational comics.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Press Oblivion
    No Caption Provided

If you look at what they've done with AmeComi, it all translates to print anyway. . . Perhaps digital would be a good way to produce the title, with the exclusion of printing costs it might be plausible to think that digital sales could foster the eventuality of a print version.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Press Oblivion: you don't get it,wonderr woman is a warrior,she loves to fight,but she also loves peace,because she is a warrior with honor,that fight to protect others,she is not a killer,she prefers to avoid killing all she can,because she is compassionate,she has helped enemies when they have been in trouble,recently she was fighting cheetah,and she was holding back because she wanted to help cheetah not hurt her,so yes she is a badass warrior,but she is also compassionate and peaceloving,but she can be tough if it's needed,and she will kill if it's necesary.

my point is that she could be much more successful if DC and the writers try to use all her potential as a character,with her mythologyher prrsonality,development and iconic statu,she could sell much more,if they give her epic adventures with epic fights where she can show all her power,situations where sh struggles with problems like if she was a normal human,develop her supporting characters,put her in different situations to show her different sides,she has the potential to be much more successful,but DC and the writers don't have the balls to take it to the next level,they really have problems to handle a beautiful,strong,smart,independent,peace loving and kind woman,she has the potential to be much more,much more iconic and successful,but DC and the writers always have problem to handle that kind of female characters,i hope that it gets better with this new beggining in the new 52.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Press Oblivion

I agree with everything you have to say here. (I haven't read JL #13 yet, please forgive my ignorance.)

Though I think that DC does "have the balls" but they're not seeing the effort from the fans to compel them to take action.

Katana will be getting a new series following the new JLA title. I think that everyone in their heart of hearts knows that this is not a title that will last for decades but DC is taking it to the market with the intent that it will. . . . that's balls.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@RazzaTazz: How about a Sensation Comics written and drawn by J.H Williams?

No Caption Provided

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Press Oblivion

@Jonny_Anonymous: That would be interesting. :) he did shed some light on some new abilities.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#24  Edited By RazzaTazz
    @Jonny_Anonymous: Don't get me wrong I would love to see a second WW title.  I am just not sure if they would ever go ahead with it.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.