Sensation Comics as a digitial series?

#1 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

With the 90s era comics Legends of the Dark Knight and soon Adventures of Superman being revived as digital-first comic series', could we finally see Sensation Comics revived as a Wonder Woman digital series? Would it similarly be continuity free, and essentially a series of Elseworlds? Who would you want to take stabs at stories/art for the book if so?

#2 Posted by Nightwing4 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO it should be a full on part of the New 52. DC will give Vibe a book but not one of the TRINITY a second ongoing? But I'd take it as as a digital series.

#3 Posted by RazzaTazz (9478 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea, but I am not sure if there will ever be a second WW title

#4 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

unfortunately this is the notion that a majority of Wonder Woman fans have. Is it practical, defeatist or both.

#5 Posted by RazzaTazz (9478 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion said:

@RazzaTazz said:

unfortunately this is the notion that a majority of Wonder Woman fans have. Is it practical, defeatist or both.

I buy everything WW related, even that ridiculous Young Romance thing. If they are basing their market research off of me there is enough for another series, I am just not sure enough people read her stuff.

#6 Posted by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

If you go by sales, they would probably give Aquaman and Flash another title first. Granted a TV show could eventually spawn one.

#7 Posted by WonderHunter (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

I buy everything WW related, even that ridiculous Young Romance thing. If they are basing their market research off of me there is enough for another series

#8 Edited by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlike the current Wonder Woman title, both Flash and Aquaman are firmly placed inside the DCU. If a Wonder Woman digital series in the vein of what they are doing with Legend of the Dark Knight and Adventures of Superman would be a squandering of the potential of getting into the peripheral nuances of Diana's world as it relates to her place in the N52. There are too many questions that I would rather they spend their production money trying to address than adding "lost adventures" to the gold and red Wonder Woman incarnation.

My objection isn't so much to a digital series as it is to making sure that any peripheral series isn't just a collection of non-linear stories.

#9 Edited by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion said:

Unlike the current Wonder Woman title, both Flash and Aquaman are firmly placed inside the DCU. I Wonder Woman digital series in the vein of what they are doing with Legend of the Dark Knight and Adventures of Superman would be a squandering of the potential of getting into the peripheral nuances of Diana's world as it relates to her place in the N52. There are too many questions that I would rather they spend their production money trying to address than adding "lost adventures" to the gold and red Wonder Woman incarnation.

My objection isn't so much to a digital series as it is to making sure that any peripheral series isn't just a collection of non-linear stories.

She has an arc with Batwoman, the whole Magic/God universe exists, but is hidden in places mortals don't look. It is kind of like she is fighting a hidden war. Granted, Batwomen doesn't exactly fit will in the Batman world as seamlessly as the other Bat-family members, she is more of an outsider that has the emblem and occasionally runs in with the others and her comics already have a distinct look and feel from the others. Actually her entire reboot has been on this same arc ....

#10 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

And that story is a fun read and J.H. is such a stunning illustrator. I'm talking about a Wonder Woman centric publication featuring what's happening in Wonder Woman's world. How did she come about an apartment in London? What were the nuances of her relationship with Trevor? Does she have an Amazonian relationship with Zealot? What's her opinion of Wonder Girl and her relationship to Helena Sandsmark? Where are her Rogues?

These things aren't going to be covered in a guest appearance in someone else's comic . . . and sadly it appears that they won't in her own title either. . . so if there is going to be an additional title, digital or print, I think it would be beneficial to have it set in the N52. The Batman and Superman titles are peripheral to the N52 and I don't want to see that for Wonder Woman at this point.

#11 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be better if it was not set in the new 52 so that there is more room to explore new stories and not get bogged down by continuity. They should also bring back Donna troy and give her and cassie sandsmark their own title( even though I hate the current version of cassie sandsmark).

#12 Posted by Daffodil (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I would LOVE a Sensation Comics, even if it's digital. Really, it'd be perfect for the more super-stuff for Wonder Woman, whereas Azzarello has the mythy stuff down for her main book. We really are lacking in a fun WW book where Diana fights the Blue Snowman.

#13 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no evidence that in or out of continuity would work better. For those who want an out of continuity title, digital or otherwise, that is your preference, not a factual truth of what would "work better".

These digital first titles are luxuries that characters like Superman and Batman can afford and peripheral projects inside and outside of comics prove that. Wonder Woman does not have that kind of pull, she never has, in my perspective it should be about what's best for character development and there isn't enough of that in her N52 incarnation.

As a Wonder Woman fan supporting here in her current incarnation I would be thoroughly upset if DC put production money towards material that essentially are throw away stories of no significance to her character.

@Daffodil: We are lacking that greatly and until that is addressed it would really pain me to creative efforts squandered to make non canon adventures. Addressing these issues should be the greater priority.

I've talked about reviving the Sensations Comics title here if you have time to check it out: http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/sensation-comics-revive-the-title/92-714082/#49

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.