Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Revision of New 52 WW

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well,

I said this current version of WW is an almost entirely new character disconnected from the modern world around her and simply an angry amazon warrior with a single goal to protect one baby. I said this WW was a pale imitation of Sandman.

I would like to say I was wrong about the pale imitation of Sandman. There were more meaningful and stronger stories told in one three issue story arc than in this entire run so far.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lilben42

@sinisteri: I actually like this story. Towards issue 14 I was getting bored but now I am interested again. Her book is independent from the others but that doesn't annoy me anymore.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are too many unanswered questions stretching out over too long a time span for me.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly,

The story for the most part is not a bad story, but the main arc has gone on for almost two years. Thought part of the problem with pre-New 52 was the long, drawn out continuity and the new universe would be more accessible-- seems a new WW today reader would need to catch up on the last 22 issues or so to "get it"

And the biggest question I have is--- exactly when will the baby ever be safe?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I agree with Sinisteri. I'm waiting patiently for Azz to leave or be replaced. Whichever gets him out of there.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with Sinisteri. I'm waiting patiently for Azz to leave or be replaced. Whichever gets him out of there.

Yes it would be nice to see Wonder Woman center stage in her own comic rather than a second rate bitplayer in the Azzverse.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm starting to agree. I liked the first twelve issues of this run a lot, but lately it's started to feel like this is really an Orion/Lennox book more than a Wonder Woman book. It feels like it's time for a new story arc that doesn't involve the baby.

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well seeing as the baby is zeus i think it's safe to say it will be around for a while and once that is realized we will prob get to the next story arc. I personally like it because she isn't just an angry amazon running around. I like that I don't constantly have bats and supes in the picture. Lennox as far we know won't be in it for at least the next couple of issues. Honestly this story arc is almost over and once it is im sure you will be happy and if they put all these in one big novel form i will be happy.

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
    UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this version of Wonder Woman.

I said this current version of WW is an almost entirely new character disconnected from the modern world around her and simply an angry amazon warrior with a single goal to protect one baby. I said this WW was a pale imitation of Sandman.

Loading Video...

SlayerOFEVIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shes a total bamf right now amd thats how I like it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.