Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

removing of the bracelets

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When she took her bracelets off and smacked down Artemis,how did she know that would happen?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herrweis: you mean when she went god mode i dont know they have yet to explain that in the comic

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Most likely at some point in her life she took them off before. Either way it was a dumb inclusion and I'm disappointed that Azz did that. It was like something from a bad anime.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gokuwarrior

@dernman: taking off her bracelets to get more power was part of wonder woman's story back in the day,from the 50s and 60s,so it came way before animes.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dernman

@gokuwarrior said:

@dernman: taking off her bracelets to get more power was part of wonder woman's story back in the day,from the 50s and 60s,so it came way before animes.

What does that have to do with what I said? I said it was like something from a bad anime not that it came from an anime. It also doesn't take away the dumbness of it.

Edit: I would also like some non wiki proof that it's something from the 50's and 60's. Not that it would change anything.

Edit2: Nix the proof doesn't matter. It's like a lot of the dumb silver age things from Superman that was better off forgotten if it is true.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By dshipp17

@dernman said:

Most likely at some point in her life she took them off before. Either way it was a dumb inclusion and I'm disappointed that Azz did that. It was like something from a bad anime.

Now lets see if the Wonder Woman comics will address the issue of if they were chained together by a man. But, in Messner-Loebs run, or somewhere around that time period, didn't that issue get addressed and it was said, by Wonder Woman herself, on panel, that a man chaining her bracelets together no longer worked? I think I remember somewhere where someone actually tried that on panel and Wonder Woman told the guy on panel that it no longer worked on her. If so, I don't see any good logic in sticking with the idea that removing the bracelets would put her in berserker mode, but chaining her bracelets together no longer retrains her. Why pick and choose that way? What about the fans that liked the idea of the bracelets being chained together rendered her powerless? Why instead cater to the fans that liked the berserker mode instead? That decision was really off putting for me, if it is true.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By herrweis

As I look through some of her

appearances in the new 52 ,there has been a number of times she has been without them.most notably in the first issue,when she wakes up she is completely nude with the exception of a bed sheet,no god mode.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: i don't think is dumb,it was used in the 60s,back in the day the reason was she had more power than what she can control,i don't know if now she also loses control taking off her bracelets,but it's not a dumb idea,it's not a big deal.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior:

i don't think is dumb

That's your opinion mine is that it is dumb

t was used in the 60s,back in the day the reason was she had more power than what she can control,i don't know if now she also loses control taking off her bracelets

So there was many dumb things back then. Just being older doesn't mean it's good. Just look at the silver age and the many things that are best left forgotten.

but it's not a dumb idea

ya it is

it's not a big deal.

You can only speak for yourself on that. For the record though I didn't make a big deal out of it. I have a problem with it because I don't like that and simply stated so.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herrweis: my theory is that wonder woman has some control over god mode but still wear the bracelet cause she doesn't want to accidentally activating god mode why cause god mode might be her weakness like if she use it for too long she well burn out but it just a theory

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this "removing of the bracelets" thing never happens again. It was so stupid. What she can go Super Saiyan all of a sudden? Isn't Wonder Woman powerful enough? They don't need to keep adding more powers and buffing her abilities to try to make her more popular and cool these days. I mean jesus.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/pre-crisis-wonder-woman-feats-thread-1466864/#0

read it,Even in the pre-crisis, taking off her bracelets to get more power that not a new idea in the new 52

@mpfly88: WW powerful enough?what?did you know new 52 superman easily lift earth weight five days?

wonder woman isnt powerful enough for me,at least superman is more overpowered in the new 52

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MPfly88

@powerwoman: She absolutely is powerful enough. Not only is she one of the top strongest heroes on the planet, but she's also the best melee fighter. Plus she has an arsenal of powerful magical weapons, and has no "kryptonite". How is that not powerful enough? She fights gods for crying out loud.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88: How powerful enough when superman lift earth weight five days just says" So light“?

No,untill wonder woman do same feats she would be powerful enough,for now,she isnt

Avatar image for superlightning123
    Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be problem with that . She is seem without the braclets when she first met Zola.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mpfly88:

I like it! Its a bit like Thor in warrior madness mode, it gives her a power button for those occasions when she needs a boost! Didn't work on first born though did it!!

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's interesting. It's almost odd that it was introduced pre-crisis since given the way I understand her powers to have worked then it's the one time period were it doesn't make sense.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Well obviously she knew it would happen because it has happened before, possibly at a time when she didn't mean to or want it.

Anyways, what the bracelets do, is preventing her from accidentally going into god-mode and breaking everything around her. Very similar to characters like Rogue and Hazmat, who cover themselves nearly completely so they don't accidentally harm someone. Diana is just much better at handling it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.