Reasons not to hate Wonder Woman?

• 92 results
#1 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a love/hate relationship w/ this character. She's okay, but I really could use some specific reasons not to hate her, such as explanations about her character, powers, and role in the DCU, etc. Thanks.

#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Well she has more love for humanity than any other character which is an awesome trait is only topped in h2h combat skills by Karate Kid. Is a warrior and slit Superman throat which is bad @$$ even though I love Superman 

#3 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

But she is also the ultimate feminist due to the Amazonian heritage. And what's with the star spangled undies? That just seems stupid. And what's the deal w/ her and supes? Did they ever hook up in the main (New Earth) universe, or just in things like All Star Batman and Robin the boy wonder and Kingdom Come?
#4 Posted by robbiesol (474 posts) - - Show Bio

What hot and powerful not enough? 

Unlike Bruce and Clark, she's willing to do the unthinkable if need be.  Honestly, as much as I love Batman and Superman, if I were a villain I wouldn't be afraid of either of them, the most they would do is arrest me so I could escape later on.   Diana on the other hand, well she might just choke my ass out if I was bad enough.   

#5 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

same reason as not to hate Superman, even if the stories at the time arent for you.
comics as we know them today would not be what they are without Wonder Woman.
she is a standard by which other comic characters are made.

#6 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5477 posts) - - Show Bio

She's probably like the poster girl of all the DC heroines. That's my opinion.

#7 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101 said:
" But she is also the ultimate feminist due to the Amazonian heritage."
Whats wrong with that? Would you rather she acted like Paris Hilton?
#8 Posted by robbiesol (474 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @deadpool101 said:
" But she is also the ultimate feminist due to the Amazonian heritage."
Whats wrong with that? Would you rather she acted like Paris Hilton? "

Like I'm totally gonna kill Maxwell Lord.  He is soo unfetch.
#9 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@robbiesol: @CATMANEXE: 
hahaha nice....and disturbing at the same time.
#11 Posted by robbiesol (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, only thing missing from the WW/Paris pic is the blinged out tiny dog.
#12 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101 said:
 And what's with the star spangled undies? "

her costume is actully a sympol of the american flag! the star undies are the stars in the Us flag ;)
#13 Posted by King Saturn (224740 posts) - - Show Bio
Wonder Woman is the shiznit... her Comics are awesome... and her Animated Film was pretty sick too... now what these buttholes at WB need to do is make a live action Wonder Woman film and quit giving us the double talk about how they are working on doing it... get the sh!t done damnit... also she is badass in that Justice League Heroes game that came out a few years ago... that I am currently playing...
#14 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

she's ok

#15 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101 said:
" And what's with the star spangled undies? ? "
Well it is a diplomatic thing
#16 Posted by DEGRAAF (7904 posts) - - Show Bio
@saiyan_earthling said:
"She's probably like the poster girl of all the DC heroines. That's my opinion. "

i think she was but im starting to think that supergirl is becoming the poster girl for DC
#17 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio

She is sexy . And powerful . And she is an amazon .

#18 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @deadpool101 said:
" And what's with the star spangled undies? ? "
Well it is a diplomatic thing "
Nice, forgot all about that.
#19 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@robbiesol: 
i tried putting her dog in there, but every time i look at a picture 
of it im laughing to hard to photoshop it, lol. poor creature.
there should be stricter animal rights laws in Tinseltown.
#20 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"Wonder Woman is the shiznit... her Comics are awesome... and her Animated Film was pretty sick too... now what these buttholes at WB need to do is make a live action Wonder Woman film and quit giving us the double talk about how they are working on doing it... get the sh!t done damnit... also she is badass in that Justice League Heroes game that came out a few years ago... that I am currently playing... "

I tottaly agree!
#21 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I guess. But why is she so american? the stars? the eagle? she's an amazon!

#22 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio

Btw , is Wonder Woman a lesbian ?

#23 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheJuggernautpunch said:
" Btw , is Wonder Woman a lesbian ? "
No...
#24 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @TheJuggernautpunch said:
No... "
Dou ! That's bad . I thought she was a lesbian ... amazons and that kind of stuff ...
#25 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101 said:
" Yeah I guess. But why is she so american? the stars? the eagle? she's an amazon! "
Eagle and stars aren't just American symbols you know. Eagle is a bird sacred to Zeus, and Athena has used the form of an eagle on several occasions.
#26 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101 said:
" Yeah I guess. But why is she so american? the stars? the eagle? she's an amazon! "
I thought the stars' official, in-story explanation is that the American flag was actually inspired by amazonian patterns..but I could be wrong as I don't remember where I read it.
#27 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
" @AtPhantom said:
No... "
Dou ! That's bad . I thought she was a lesbian ... amazons and that kind of stuff ... "
Yeah, you and every third person on the vine. Just check out how many threads devoted to it there are...

But for the last time, no, the Amazons in DC are not lesbians.
#28 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @AtPhantom said:
No... "
Dou ! That's bad . I thought she was a lesbian ... amazons and that kind of stuff ... "
Yeah, you and every third person on the vine. Just check out how many threads devoted to it there are...  But for the last time, no, the Amazons in DC are not lesbians. "
OK , man , i was just really interested if she likes girls . Thanks for information .
#29 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
" OK , man , i was just really interested if she likes girls . Thanks for information . "
No prob.
#30 Posted by joshmightbe (25009 posts) - - Show Bio

shes the reason female super heros were taken seriously, with out her characters like storm and she hulk( independent female heros) wouldve taken alot longer to show up.
#31 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

shes hot
#32 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget all this, you want a reason to love her? She's got an army of freaking commando gorillas at her disposal:

Plus she fights Nazis. How is this not awesome?
#33 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

nice picture!

#34 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

idk. i feel like most female superheroes are just female knock-offs. she-hulk, hawkgirl, batgirl, supergirl, mary marvel. i guess thats one reason not to dislike her. she's not a knockoff. and she is so definitely not a lesbian! she is like with superman on tons of earths! and the thing about the amazonians creating the american flag is not true. it is just that ww was created in a time where patriotic super heroes were the only type of heroes so she has the red white blue things. the eagle is probably the same deal, patriotism, but the fact that it has been a greek "symbol" excuses it i guess. how about her power? what is the true extent of her power?

#35 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101 said:
"how about her power? what is the true extent of her power? "
She can engage Superman level beings on equal footing. take a look at her page for more.
#36 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Reasons not to hate Wonder Woman?

I have two big ones.

#37 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" Reasons not to hate Wonder Woman?  I have two big ones. "
LOL
#38 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

ww is like totally in love with Clark.........she has been for years........they dont write it because clark is with lane and they dont want to make him out to be a cheating man also they dont want ww to ba a home wrecker. 

She also kinda loves Bruce she is in no way a lesbo 

i always thought she should end up with nightwing just cause he can get any girl and she is the ultimate in DC
#39 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

To start off,she's probably the best warrior in the DcU,she has a lasso of truth,and if you take out the heat vision and freeze breath,she's basically just like Superman. AND she was created by the guy who invented the lie detector! And you just gotta love the tiara!
#40 Posted by Rasta_hero (42 posts) - - Show Bio

she's sexy as hell, thats a reason

#41 Posted by robbiesol (474 posts) - - Show Bio
@speedlgt said:
"ww is like totally in love with Clark.........she has been for years........they dont write it because clark is with lane and they dont want to make him out to be a cheating man also they dont want ww to ba a home wrecker.  She also kinda loves Bruce she is in no way a lesbo  i always thought she should end up with nightwing just cause he can get any girl and she is the ultimate in DC "

I agree.  I think she's in love with Clark too.
#42 Posted by ahumancartoon (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Reasons not to hate her?! Have you seen what she wears?
#43 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101 said:
Canon reason:

She is the diplomat to the men world, the country she first visited was the United States and it is an amazonian tradition to carry the colors from the country she is visiting.
#44 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Who can not like Wonder Woman, seriously!?
She's an iconic, independant, powerful female. (: 
Also, she's hot.

#45 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Her stories tend to be kind of lame. Not all, but her arcs dont seem to have the "pop" of other DCU characters. Its a shame really.

#46 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like her character I want to read her comics but I feel like there is a lot of back story, so what trades do I need to get to be caught up?

#47 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@speedlgt said:
" shes hot "
#48 Edited by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:

" Who can not like Wonder Woman, seriously!? She's an iconic, independant, powerful female. (:  Also, she's hot. "

Seconded xD
#49 Edited by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess one of the biggest reasons she's cooler than other female heroes is cuz she's original. most female superheroes are female knock-offs os male heroes: 
Supergirl 
Powergirl 
Batgirl 
Batwoman 
Hawkgirl 
Shehulk 
Wasp 
Mary Marvel  

The list goes on and on. Wonder Woman is one of the few not-knock-off female superheroes (out of the main ones that is) 

P.S. I know she is not the only one, there's Vixen, Black Canary, Warbird, Storm, but WW is the most prominent, and the 1st..... 

oh and one other thing i hafta say i DON'T like about her is the uber-feminism. She's all "men are violent in man's world blah blah blah" and then she goes and kills some villian cuz she's uber violent. her reasons for her amazonian feminism is generally a buncha crap. (i dont want to offend anyone, i have nothing against real feminism, i'm just saying Wonder Woman is kinda over the top with her hate for men. She's contradictory: she hates men's violence, but is violent herself, she hates men in general but likes all of her male colleagues, etc.)

#50 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" I really like her character I want to read her comics but I feel like there is a lot of back story, so what trades do I need to get to be caught up? "
If you want good Wonder Woman stories the runs of Perez, Rucka and Simone are the best in my opinion

@deadpool101 said:
"

i guess one of the biggest reasons she's cooler than other female heroes is cuz she's original. most female superheroes are female knock-offs os male heroes: 
Supergirl 
Powergirl 
Batgirl 
Batwoman 
Hawkgirl 
Shehulk 
Wasp 
Mary Marvel  

The list goes on and on. Wonder Woman is one of the few not-knock-off female superheroes (out of the main ones that is) 

P.S. I know she is not the only one, there's Vixen, Black Canary, Warbird, Storm, but WW is the most prominent, and the 1st.....

"

haven't you say this like three times already in this thread?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.