Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Quitting WW Forum till I finish WW script? Why?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am driven crazy with some of the comments made on the site, just spurious statements made again and again about the character.

Wonder Woman is not relatable? How?

Wonder Woman is too perfect? How?

Wonder Woman is too powerful? How?

Wonder Woman is not powerful enough? How?

Wonder Womans Villains are no good? How?

It is up to a writer to make a character good. A screenwriter or scriptwriter can make Batman goofy Adam West or badass Christian Bale. It is completely up to them, there is nothing inherently wrong with the story of 90% of superheroes. Lack of imagination is at fault, not Wonder Woman. New52 version of WW could be made 90% more badass than it is, so could prenew52, it just needs to be written. I guess my only recourse now is to settle this argument by writing it myself, and, proving it, so i´m shutting out all the noise and distraction till I´m complete.

It was great researching peoples thoughts on the character, and I´ve got great stuff from you guys, but man so much of what you say gets a rise out of me like nothing else. I find myself at work, having to madly reply to statements on a fictional character. I´m impressed by you guys, no one has managed to get under my skin the way fanboys do. :)

Anyway thanks for the great chats, goodbye, see you in a few months.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G3Vb05db8I

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WDW

@jphulk26: Good decision by you.

NEVER NEVER listen to anyone regarding a character that you are writing about. That's especially true when writing about an already established character. Just do your research write your script then let a select few you trust critique it. Most of the people here just regurgitate the popular notions of a character they hear on the internet. Most of the time they have no idea what they are talking about.

Wonder Woman is a fine character and deserves a good script /movie done by people that are passionate about the character. Not a Hollywood committee type movie that's just thrown together because of a Hollywood buzz like GREEN LANTERN or SUPERMAN RETURNS Once that happens all negativity surround the character will vanish and all internet masses who currently comment negatively on wonder woman will be denying they ever said anything against the Amazon Princess who just grossed 800+million dollars for Warner Bros in record time.

Most people don't understand that so much goes into a movie/script Theme, tone, suspense, action, costumes, setting even camera angles, environment, color and of course the actors. ETC.and are not equipped to give advice about a script you are writing.

Look at Batman. He is insanely popular but not because he is a depressed man that decides to dress up in a bat suit and scare people. Its all the other elements that make Nolan films good and the lack of it that made Batman Forever George Clooney movie batman suck. Nolan probably face palmed himself when he saw Batman forever and he just became really passionate about fixing that atrocity. Having batman as the star does not automatically make a good movie.

Same goes for Wonder Woman. Its not that she is a bad character. She does not have a movie because there is a serious lack of passionate writers that want to tell her story even thou there is so much to draw on.

Anyway I hope you finish your script and are happy with it. I wrote a self contained Wonder Woman script last year and its sitting on the script writer database. I am very happy with it so its possible. The hard part is getting Warner Bros to accept it because they probably have there own ideas what a Wonder Woman movie should be.

Anyway this is a general response and I am sure you know all this anyway.

GoodLuck.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jphulk26 said:
    It is up to a writer to make a character good. A screenwriter or scriptwriter can make Batman goofy Adam West or badass Christian Bale. It is completely up to them, there is nothing inherently wrong with the story of 90% of superheroes. Lack of imagination is at fault, not Wonder Woman. New52 version of WW could be made 90% more badass than it is, so could prenew52, it just needs to be written. I guess my only recourse now is to settle this argument by writing it myself, and, proving it, so i´m shutting out all the noise and distraction till I´m complete.

There is so much truth in this statement that it's almost beautiful!

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw: Wrote on your wall, but just wanted to add this: "Once I´ve finished maybe we can have a look at each others work, mine is going great at the moment. Let me know if you think thats a good idea."

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw said:
    I wrote a self contained Wonder Woman script last year and its sitting on the script writer database. I am very happy with it so its possible.

Hi, do you have a link to the script, I would like to take a look at it :)

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WDW

@press_oblivion: I was told by my lawyer friend and my brother in-law who is an actor not to randomly share the script around if I was serious about having someone at Warner bros buy it..... I know its a LONNNGG shot...but my brother inlaw suggested I write it and he would see if he runs into someone what would be interested in it or something.

I can tell you it is an origin story. Wonder Woman does not fly in it but....it does not rule out the possibility of her flying. The invisible jet is in it briefly and sensibly. Ares is a villain but not the only one. bad ass Bana Migdol Amazons are in it. Theymisciara Amazons are in it but not as much as the Bana Migdol. Steve Trevor is in it as a Main Character. Wonder Woman is naive and very direct in her conversations. A lot of the dialog with Steve Trevor is dark humor..... oh yeah the lasso of truth is in it.

For the most part the script stays true to wonder womans character in Perez run It has similarities with the first story arch of that run.... but a-lot was changed and streamlined.

I wrote it before 52 Wonder Woman who I really like and I will probably go back and revise to include somethings I think are cool. I would love to put strife in it.... maybe for the sequel lol.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Press Oblivion

@wdw: I like reading your posts here on the forum and thought your interpretation of Wonder Woman would be something I would enjoy. I totally understand why you would want to keep it under wraps, I hope good fortune finds your script.

I haven't been in the corner of the last 6 issues of the N52 series but there are a lot of elements that I find interesting. Good luck with everything :)

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw said:

@press_oblivion: I was told by my lawyer friend and my brother in-law who is an actor not to randomly share the script around if I was serious about having someone at Warner bros buy it..... I know its a LONNNGG shot...but my brother inlaw suggested I write it and he would see if he runs into someone what would be interested in it or something.

I can tell you it is an origin story. Wonder Woman does not fly in it but....it does not rule out the possibility of her flying. The invisible jet is in it briefly and sensibly. Ares is a villain but not the only one. bad ass Bana Migdol Amazons are in it. Theymisciara Amazons are in it but not as much as the Bana Migdol. Steve Trevor is in it as a Main Character. Wonder Woman is naive and very direct in her conversations. A lot of the dialog with Steve Trevor is dark humor..... oh yeah the lasso of truth is in it.

For the most part the script stays true to wonder womans character in Perez run It has similarities with the first story arch of that run.... but a-lot was changed and streamlined.

I wrote it before 52 Wonder Woman who I really like and I will probably go back and revise to include somethings I think are cool. I would love to put strife in it.... maybe for the sequel lol.

They're both correct. I've seen many young and sometimes not so young writers share their work and then have it plagiarized leaving them with very little recourse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.