question about wonder woman

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

part of her character lol

she originally wasn't as bullet proof as she is now, just like Superman her powers have grown since she was first brought into comics.

the "Bullets and Bracelets" thing was something that just stuck around, much like the Invisible Jet, which she doesn't need to use because she can fly now lol

M

#2 Posted by grkpektis (141 posts) - - Show Bio

why is that she needs to block bullets with her bracelets. I have seen her walk through lava, get hit by superman and fly in outer space yet a bullet can hurt her.

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a magical construct...

it's not really a plane, it's just easier to explain like that

M

#4 Posted by weather witch (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

good question cause i have no f@ckin idea!!!

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"I know. But it was a joke from family guy."

oh...

pause

i don't watch it...

M

#6 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Always wondered why she that thing. It is definitely not private when you use the bathroom lol.

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

not my sense of humor...

my ex tried to get me to watch it, as well as "American Dad" or something...

didn't find either funny

M

#8 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

I know. But it was a joke from family guy.

#9 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

She just likes showing off.

#10 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Copy says:
"I know. But it was a joke from family guy."
oh... ***pause*** i don't watch it... M"

How come? I think its hilarious.

#11 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

The first episode of American dad was funny. But after that it was meh. I only watch it for the story.

#12 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus her skin isn't invulnerable to projectiles. (don't know why) but blunt force trauma and heat (depending on the temperature) she has more resistance. Bullets, Arrows, things of that nature for some reason she's vulnerable to.

#13 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she uses the bracelets more to make bullets ricochet back to her enemies than just block them, but im just saying this, is not that i read about it or something.

zzzzzzzzz

#14 Posted by Knightwing (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's the bracelets themselves, I once read that Wonderwoman's bracelets creates force fields which protects her from lava and a punch from Superman. In the Wonderwoman novel 'Mythos' it says that the amazon's once suffered a terrible attack and wears bracelets if such a battle ever occurs again.

#15 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

She just looks cooler blocking them with her gauntlets.

#16 Posted by Amber (314 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she stopped a nuke in a JL episode. Good point though. As for the plane, that was sort of rebooted to be an invisible jet she got from Steve Trevor which was a military prototype to fight the Nazis, I believe. But it's true she didn't fly originally. I don't think she did in the old Super Friends. And originally Superman was just much greater than a human but now he's god-level.

Bruce Timm said he had gotten a lot of flack for making Superman "so weak" but struggling to successfully lower a falling piece of building still seems pretty super to me. Fans are just picky.

I like that WW still rebounds the bullets with her bracelets. I think she can do it with ray/laser types of attacks too.

#17 Posted by Clantern (666 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the reason they are keeping the braclet/bullet thingys is because it was part of her origonal design, it's too much of a 'classic.' So i don't think they will change it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.