Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Possible WW casting call for upcoming Superman/Batman film

• 52 results
    ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be. Just figured I might as well share it just the same. I hope it turns out to be true though.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

It won't be Wonder Women.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

God, I hope it's not Wonder Woman. I mean I love Diana as much as the next guy but this movie has enough stuff to deal with introducing Batman and most likely Lex Luthor as well.

Tamal_Kundu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jldoom: Dude, it's Snyder. That guy is utterly undaunted by things that other filmmakers won't even touch in fear of failure.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jphulk26

They´ll f**k it up. I hope it´s not true. I don´t want Goyer/snyder anywhere near wonder woman.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inb4 Sarah Jessica Parker as Wonder Woman

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Supergirl makes no sense, she's a supporting character. Wonder Woman is an icon. She has the gravitas to stand with Superman and Batman and complete the Trinity.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TommyJones1945

^I don't know why. But I always find myself disagreeing with most of the things that woman says.

CIN.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jphulk26: Clever job swearing at a mod. Especially one that has a limited 3 strikes and you're out policy on serious offences. But you do have a record of not so site friendly behaviour.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope its not WW, she needs to appear in her own movie first.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@jphulk26: You realize I can see the original unedited post in my inbox, right? Final warning.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: I think she's too big a name for a cameo appearance, I'd rather have a MM cameo. Maybe a mention of the Amazons would be cool like how they showed the Wayne Enterprise logo in MoS.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@rustyroy: Not really. People know Wonder Woman, but they don't really know her. Have her make a kickass cameo and people will start asking questions and by the time the next movie comes out they'll be hyped.

this

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
    turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

suuuure. martian manhunter and snapper carr is gonna be in it too. along with darkseid.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RustyRoy

@toplel: Well I don't agree, she's far more popular than Iron Man was before her movie, Batman and Superman never needed a cameo in someone else's movies, a cameo won't do her justice.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: What about Thor, Hemsworth didn't have star power and Thor isn't as popular as WW, even Norse mythology aren't as popular as Greek Myrhology, it still did great. I don't want a big character like WW's debut to be a cameo, that's all, just like I don't like the idea of Flash debuting in Arrow, I don't mind lesser known characters to make a cameo in movies and TV series though.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel:she is popular,more popular than any other female character in comic and many males,and she has had successful runs like perez,ruka and simone,she has had a hit live action show,and a hit animated movie,so with more exposure properly made she can return to be as successful as she was and even more.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetH new MoS2 would turn into SuperHero TwiligHt. Team Bruce or Team Clark, wHo will win Bell...aaaaHHH I mean Diana's Heart.

-Abstract 4$$#073-

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's both, everyone knows who she is, and she didn't need the exposure of Superman and Batman to achieve that.

She deserves more than a small cameo, she needs her own film before they even decide to make a JL film.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gokuwarrior

@toplel said:

@gokuwarrior: How many people on the street actually know who Perez, Rucka or Simone are? How many of them do you think read comics and even if you were to force them to pick one up, do you think they would actually pick her over Batman or Iron Man? The TV series is over 30 years old and the animated film, though great, wasn't really that big. Like I said, iconic, but not popular.

oh yes she is popular,yes many people know perez,ruka and simone,yes her animated film was successful,comparing her to batman and iron-man doesn't mean she is not popular,batman and ironman sell more than most characters,but it doesn't mean other characters are flops,madonna has sold 340 m records and mariah carey 208 m,so you would say she isn't popular because she has sold less than madonna?,no it doesn't work like that,yes batman and ironman are more popular,but it doesn't mean she ins't popular too,she is,she is still the best selling female comic character of all time,like it or not.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@gokuwarrior: Really? Batgirl is selling more than WW right now, and that title is pretty craptastic compared to Azz's WW. I just don't want what happened to GL happening to WW so I'd rather WB be careful on how they introduce her.

really?,well glad that there is a whole market outside the US,because batgirl isn't outselling WW,and as i said,comparing her to other characters that sell more doesn't mean she isn't popular,it only means she isn't as popular as them,there is a different,batman is the best seller in comic,he sells more than everyone else,doesn't mean the others aren't popular,they just aren't as popular as he is.

and about movies,don't get high expections,action movies and TV series with females in the lead role have a bad track record,dark angel,birds of prey,elektra,catwoman,super girl,etc,etc,only successful action profects with females are resident evil,kill bill,alien,and on TV buffy,xena and well wonder woman with her 70s show,this is the ultimate proof that hollywood doesn't know how to work with females as the main characters,we only have few exceptions that confirm the rule.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TAneT62

@toplel said:

@gokuwarrior: Batgirl is outselling WW, actually. And your last point is why I'm hesitant about WB making a WW movie. They need to do it right because if they repeat the GL mess, shes done for a long time. A cameo near the end could work to get people talking about her in time for her actual appearance in whatever the next movie is.

A cameo doesn't mean much, especially if it's a Wonder Woman cameo.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

if it is for Wonder Woman then I wouldn't expect much beyond an after credits scene or a slight cameo

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@gokuwarrior: Batgirl is outselling WW, actually. And your last point is why I'm hesitant about WB making a WW movie. They need to do it right because if they repeat the GL mess, shes done for a long time. A cameo near the end could work to get people talking about her in time for her actual appearance in whatever the next movie is.

WW is ouselling batgirl worldwide.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if it is for Wonder Woman then I wouldn't expect much beyond an after credits scene or a slight cameo

what is that supposed to mean?.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@danhimself said:

what do you want it to mean? I'm not sure how I can be much more clear but I'll try....I'm saying that I doubt that she would have any major role in the film, it is Batman vs Superman and not Batman vs. Superman vs. Wonder Woman after all....I wouldn't expect much beyond an after credits scene or a slight cameo

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@tanet62: Its not supposed to. It serves to make people curious and that could be useful. Thats it.

Curious about? They don't need curiosity, they'll get more than enough in her own film. The only thing that a cameo will do is give her a slight push, after time, it'll mean nothing.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By gokuwarrior

@gokuwarrior said:

@danhimself said:

what do you want it to mean? I'm not sure how I can be much more clear but I'll try....I'm saying that I doubt that she would have any major role in the film, it is Batman vs Superman and not Batman vs. Superman vs. Wonder Woman after all....I wouldn't expect much beyond an after credits scene or a slight cameo

sorry,i responded to the wrong person.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@tanet62: I'm getting the feeling you're assuming I just want her making a cameo instead of her own movie. A cameo will have people look up what Wonder Woman's deal is and by the time the movie comes out they'll be somewhat familiar with who she is. And she needs all the push she can get.

@gokuwarrior said:

Are you referring to their books or merchandize? If its books, then that is good news.

comic books.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@tanet62: I'm getting the feeling you're assuming I just want her making a cameo instead of her own movie. A cameo will have people look up what Wonder Woman's deal is and by the time the movie comes out they'll be somewhat familiar with who she is. And she needs all the push she can get.

@gokuwarrior said:

Are you referring to their books or merchandize? If its books, then that is good news.

I'm not assuming, I'm just fed up that a cameo is all she's going to get, she may not even get a cameo or a solo film.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@rustyroy: Compared to Iron Man, Thor didn't do as well in terms of money and popularity. And WW isn't as big as you think she is, though she could be, if WB plays their cards right. I get your point though, and a hint at Amazons or her in particular would be pretty cool too.

Thor made 450 mils, like only 100 mil less than IM, WW could do much more than Thor. Greek movies tend to do very well in BO, and yeah a hint of Amazons would be nice, I just think WW should appear in her own movie before appearing in someone else's movie, I can see why Batman doesn't need an origin movie and can be already established as a seasoned hero but WW needs an origin movie.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@gokuwarrior said:

comic books.

You've got a link?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.