Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

People on this forum need to be more opinionated

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am going to open a can of worms with this one and I am prepared for the backlash. I am a very opinionated person and it is what makes some people either like or dislike me. Why should anybody here hold back about how they feel? It is ridiculous when you got people that are not fans of Wonder Woman coming here judging the mentality of only a fraction of the fanbase. There is hardly anyone on this forum to be making absurd claims. Generalizing us as bitter and unsatisfied with what is provided to us. I am sure Batman fans and Superman fans are so perfect that they agree with 100% of the bullshit the company does for them. Wonder Woman fans need to start being more rational and pompous in their thinking. Don't let a bunch of internet warriors tell you what you should or not be satisfy with.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hmmmm, I feel neutral about this topic

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm opinionated enough. It's at the point now where no one on this forum agrees with anything I say in regards to being a Wonder Woman purist, yet weirdly I say the same things on facebook WW forums and get lots of thumbs ups. You have to pick your battles and know your audience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: Which is pretty much the reason I give up at this point. I will just keep to myself for the most part. You simply can't win here. You either got close minded people or people with absurd ideas.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: You can't let people run you away because they disagree with your point of view. You're the main thread starter, without you this forum is dead for days at a time and that's apparently how your opponents like it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget about the Batman/Superman white knights that are quick to jump down your throat anytime you criticize the way Wonder Woman is being portrayed next to them and act like it is suppose to sit well with us.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: You're right. It will only make me look like a quitter and make my opponents think they won the battle. I know sometimes I can wrong but nobody is ever 100% right. I noticed that this forum was quiet and dead with my hiatus.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: They don't own the patent on that, anytime someone jumps down your throat, jump right back down theirs.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im just tired of arguing at the moment lol did to much during azz run on Wonder Woman.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You do realize DC's portrayal of Superman in the past few years, has been one of the common criticisms of the New 52 right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88: Which is part of the bullshit I was referring to in my original post. I have seen Superman fans even complain about it. Apparently Wonder Woman fans can't express their opinions without it being seen as complaining. I don't get what you were trying to prove by asking me such an irrelevant question.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By righteous300

@somayareece: I think what he's saying is that compared to Superman, Wonder Woman's issues are very small. WW fans complain about the little things making unnecessary threads repeating the same thing over and over. If any fan base should be mad it should be Super fans. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are only two books where Superman fans can see their character how he should be and their not even main titles. If you want to read anything outside of those books you're going to get a completely out of character superman that is being shown in a negative light. They still have to wait three more months just for that Truth story to end and even then there's a small chance the books won't improve.

Usually when I see a WW thread, it's "no one understands us" "no one respects her power level" "this WW is the definitive WW" just a bunch of small stuff

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MPfly88

@mrtummytumms:

Yup that's exactly what I'm getting at. There's a reason the WW fan base on the vine has a reputation for being whiny. It's not because they whine. It's because they whine all the time, and it's usually over things that really aren't a big deal. WW has probably been one of the better treated characters since the New 52. Hell she's had one of the best runs compared to the other books, before the Finches took over. And yes it's understandable to be unhappy over how a new creative team is handling a character. But this is also common. Characters go through good and bad writers all the time. At least Johns is doing a good job with WW in Justice League right now.

Meanwhile Superman fans are constantly dealing with mediocre story lines, out of character moments, the core of the character being betrayed (identity being revealed, falling for WW instead of Lois, etc), and people always crapping on the character for being "boring and lame because he's invincible and can do anything."

So yeah, don't blame Superman fans for not feeling sorry for WW fans.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More opinionated?! More than the rabid frenzy I'm seeing in the parasite and "I knew she would beat superman, because I'm batman and I said so" threads? I dread to even think.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I am sure Batman fans and Superman fans are so perfect that they agree with 100% of the bullshit the company does for them.

If you really think this then clearly you haven't been paying attention to the Superman forums for practically the past year. Most of us definitely do not agree with the BS DC have done to Superman with Truth running the character into the ground even more than he has been already. So we've been complaining lots, feel free to do so with Wonder Woman too, she hasn't been in a good place since Azzarello's run ended. Or anywhere outside of her own series prior to that either.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you can start a thread without sounding demeaning to other WW fans not as hardcore as you and you shouldn't try to s#$t on Bat and Super fans every chance you get. Maybe if you did that next time you would sound less of a whiny and salty elitist fan.

Also I agree with @Lvenger here, No Super or Bat fans would say you have no right to complain, not when the main WW book has been atrocious for over a year.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@lvenger: I think that was meant as sarcasm,he/she is trying to say Batman and Superman fans complain abut DC all the time but are always there to shut up WW fans when they do the same.

Us Batman fans are Dark Knights not White Knights OP.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathfalcon182: thank you, I agree with everything you just said. Sometimes the nerd rage here is toxic. We should get to express ourselves but if we want respect we should give it first.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Ah I get it now, wasn't as clear as I first perceived the OP to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@mrtummytumms: please tell me what changes has superman been through in the n52 that are "big" compared to wonder woman having her entire mythos ran over with a tractor? like please the person on ww's main title isnt even ww all her background characters have been ruined. her sidekick has been turned into a murderer her other sidekick isnt even connected to her. the amazons are murderers and rapists and her origin has been changed so much so that they pulled all the meaning of the character to streamline her. just because someone made a decent story out of it(despite the fact that he was the one runnning the tractor for most of the new52) doesnt mean she hasnt gotten mistreated prob more than anyone else in the n52 esp when you add in the fact that this is another mistreatment of her character since the 50's. but ofc when superman fans complain its for good reason or something like there are plenty of fans who complain about the slightest change to anything related to batman or superman in any medium and will talk for hours on end about how DC has messed something(just from Bvs trailers or MOS alone you have plenty of people complaining on youtube and in forums like at least he's been in MOVIES) but ww fans dont even have half the crap superman fans get nor is she treated half as well(and never has been for decades) and we dare complain about her mistreatment then were annoying etc.

wonder woman/superman becoming a couple has been horrible for wonder woman as well. ww fans wouldnt complain if dc knew what they were doing and clearly they dont

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
    Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the end of the day it's not worth getting worked up over lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: Ah I get it now, wasn't as clear as I first perceived the OP to be.

No, you were right. I hardly go to the Superman or Batman forums to know what they complain about. I assumed that they are happy with what is given to them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms: please tell me what changes has superman been through in the n52 that are "big" compared to wonder woman having her entire mythos ran over with a tractor? like please the person on ww's main title isnt even ww all her background characters have been ruined. her sidekick has been turned into a murderer her other sidekick isnt even connected to her. the amazons are murderers and rapists and her origin has been changed so much so that they pulled all the meaning of the character to streamline her. just because someone made a decent story out of it(despite the fact that he was the one runnning the tractor for most of the new52) doesnt mean she hasnt gotten mistreated prob more than anyone else in the n52 esp when you add in the fact that this is another mistreatment of her character since the 50's. but ofc when superman fans complain its for good reason or something like there are plenty of fans who complain about the slightest change to anything related to batman or superman in any medium and will talk for hours on end about how DC has messed something(just from Bvs trailers or MOS alone you have plenty of people complaining on youtube and in forums like at least he's been in MOVIES) but ww fans dont even have half the crap superman fans get nor is she treated half as well(and never has been for decades) and we dare complain about her mistreatment then were annoying etc.

wonder woman/superman becoming a couple has been horrible for wonder woman as well. ww fans wouldnt complain if dc knew what they were doing and clearly they dont

Someone give this guy a trophy

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're bang on the money, well said

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said before, over dramatic like always.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms: see you couldnt provide examples so you gotta resort to baseless terms like "over dramatic" you could have at least hit that @ button tho

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@lvenger said:

No, you were right. I hardly go to the Superman or Batman forums to know what they complain about. I assumed that they are happy with what is given to them.

If that's the case then it's imply not true,I dislike Snyder's Batman to the core.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Well you should have at least had a glimpse before doing so. Congratulating @willienotwilliam prematurely doesn't strengthen your case, especially since I can immediately counter both of you by pointing out how Superman has essentially been ruined and stripped of everything that makes him the character he is just as you claim Wonder Woman has been too. His secret identity is known worldwide, he's feared and hated even more than he already was in the New 52, he has multiple secret organisations such as HORDR hunting him down, almost all his friends have turned against him and Lois betrayed his secret to the world, he's lost almost all of his powers stripped down to Luke Cage's level at best, snapped at and lost his temper with his allies and people trying to help him and alienated himself from the world for the most part. Problem is that we Superman fans can at least discuss these misfortunes civilly and rationally for the most part. Several times on the Wonder Woman board, it's the extreme fanboys/fangirls who can't deal with bad decisions in Wonder Woman's treatment other than to get oversensitive and irrational about them. No one is saying Wonder Woman fans can't complain, the problem is in how badly posters on these forums often choose to complain in.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: I provided them forever ago. I'm not about to do this back and forth though with a couple brick walls.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms: you didnt actually you just said " Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are only two books where Superman fans can see their character how he should be and their not even main titles. If you want to read anything outside of those books you're going to get a completely out of character superman that is being shown in a negative light. They still have to wait three more months just for that Truth story to end and even then there's a small chance the books won't improve."

which literally is the same for wonder woman seeing as her the legend of wonder woman and wonder woman 77 titles are more wonder woman than her main one which is horribly written and ooc and only one of those titles have been consistently good

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:well all those things are bad but none of that is more drastic than any of wonder woman's changes. i mean the kryptons werent turned into primitive fascists, his origin is much closer to his original orgins than wonder woman's. All those changes are still legitamte reasons to be mad, but even then all those things are things that have happened to ww( i mean she IS apart of the second half of the relationship thats interfering with lois/clark) and have a large part in her disjointed mythology that makes her character this confuddled mess that leads her boards to be this way its not because ww fans are whiny its because her character has struggled for over half a century in ways no other character of her stature has. its getting another change after hosts of changes coming from editors that dont how to portray her(for whatever reason) and even when she gets competent writers she rarely can get a good story(esp compared to superman and definitely compared to batman) since they are hounded throughout their run and not allowed to use or build on previous ideas because the corporate heads "aren't sure which version of her works"(which leads to even more disjointed mythology). I mean i love wonder woman and i think she certainly is an amazing character but she's been a mess for 98 percent of her existance and never had any consistency and certainly doesnt have the massive catalogue superman and batman that would at least give her a broader avenue to garner some consistency(or at least more decent stories). its nearly 75 years into the characters history and there is still heated debate on what she should wear(and i dont mean she started wearing jeans and a t shirt for a moment, i mean her outfit changes all the time )or how strong she's supposed to be or who her most important villains are because the people in charge keep changing things and cant figure it out.

thats why this board is a mess and even then most of the arguments are started by people who come here simply to incite a reaction because either a. they know that the board users arent pleased with the state of the character so they can get a reaction out of reasonably angry people or b. board users are annoyed at the treatment of the character in the forum(i.e people questioning her power levels/ mocking the character) so they know theyll get a reaction. honestly if more people who dont like wonder woman(or her fans) just stayed clear of the forum the arguing wouldnt be anymore than any other board on this site. now it wouldnt be very positive either way but its not like theres much positive content out there for her rn. its 2016 and we cant still hold full discussion about The Circle or The Hikiteia, if youre not liking the current main title people are gonna get mad so either you dont come on here anymore, and no one talks about her, or people talk about her, and its negative.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

So whats being asked for is for people here to get in touch with their inner Trump...

No thanks, the reason there aren't that many of those people here is because they inevitably say the wrong things and get banned for it.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk, Wonder woman hasn't been that great since the new staff took over, that much i can say.

Avatar image for ultimategirlshileha1236
    ultimategirlshileha1236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Personally I think Wonder Woman keeps constantly changing is because writers don't know what to do with her and opinions about her from fans are always spilt down the middle I don't know what it is but its nerve racking

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman needs better writers. It's a travesty. Bad enough she's gonna be ruined in the DCEU to match her comic counterpart

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.