Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Olga Kurylenko as Wonder Woman?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Apparently this girl could've been Wonder Woman. How would you guys have felt if she was?

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I guess DC were going with exotic looking women being that Wonder Woman is an Amazon. Olga and Gal both look exotic lol, but I really like that Gal is going to be Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i like her look a bit better than Gal's but i dont know how good an actress she is. I wish they would have cast a greek woman to play her though. ideally theyd have found a greek body building who is a really great actress lol but that is a very specific person to find

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@willienotwilliam said:

i like her look a bit better than Gal's but i dont know how good an actress she is. I wish they would have cast a greek woman to play her though. ideally theyd have found a greek body building who is a really great actress lol but that is a very specific person to find

Hollywood casting a Greek person to play a character a greek myth based character? Doubtful on that. Hemsworth isn't Norwegian, ScarJo isn't Russian, etc, etc.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wheres the picture.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She looks good. But the accent is wrong. Looks better than Gal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well, she's a better actress, but it's not like she's a legendary acting talent.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know that she would have been any better a choice than Gal Gadot ... similar look, not much of an acting resume (aside from being a Bond Girl I'm not sure she's done anything, unless you want to count Vampire Academy). I think she's a bit prettier than Gal, but I don't know that I would have been "OMG Olga Kurylenko is going to be WW"!!

I would say that as a Ukrainian woman she might actually be closer to the actual racial profile of an Amazon, who in antiquity were not actually Greek, but Scythian and apparently roamed the lands from the Ukrain across and southern Russia on the northern area of the Black Sea . *Okay, I might be reading about archaeology right now*

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

I don't know that she would have been any better a choice than Gal Gadot ... similar look, not much of an acting resume (aside from being a Bond Girl I'm not sure she's done anything, unless you want to count Vampire Academy). I think she's a bit prettier than Gal, but I don't know that I would have been "OMG Olga Kurylenko is going to be WW"!!

I would say that as a Ukrainian woman she might actually be closer to the actual racial profile of an Amazon, who in antiquity were not actually Greek, but Scythian and apparently roamed the lands from the Ukrain across and southern Russia on the northern area of the Black Sea . *Okay, I might be reading about archaeology right now*

No Caption Provided

thats interesting i always assumed that amazons were mostly greek but thats interesting ill have look into it

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: The amazons didn't actually exist, they're a fictional people believed to have been inspired by scythian women that fought alongside their husbands against the greeks :)

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CSG_CL

@willienotwilliam: The amazons didn't actually exist, they're a fictional people believed to have been inspired by scythian women that fought alongside their husbands against the greeks :)

The myths of the Amazons are certainly, well, myths ... but the inspiration for them is very much rooted in reality. They have found hundreds of grave sites that suggest not only female warriors, but all-female bands of warriors, and female led tribal societies. Even the word "Amazon" is likely borrowed from other languages and from what I've been reading seems to be used to indicate societies the Greeks came across that had gender-equal roles.

Obviously what is written is much overblown (i.e. single breasted, no males etc...). But there is evidence that the basis for the Greek Amazons is rooted in actual female warriors they encountered.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about acting, but I think Gal Gadot still has the better looks for the Diana. I know I'm the minority but I just feel like Gal is going to own that role.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Based on her body structure, I think she would have gotten a similar reaction from Wonder Woman fans as Gal Gadot, or, at least, I hope. She's got a very thin body frame as well.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she was my choice for WW

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen her in several movies and she's an okay actress. But, she usually plays a very quiet stoic character. I think Diana needs to be more larger, personality wise.

She is also as thin as Gal. So there would be the same complaints about her body frame as Gal has gotten.

If only Monica Bellucci was 20 something years younger she'd be perfect.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By TheBlondeGod

She could pass as WW, tbh. But I prefer Gal over her.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@willienotwilliam said:

@saint_sophie: oh i know lol but they definitely should tho imo

Haha logically they should, but this is Hollywood. :p.

@superguy1591 said:

Well, she's a better actress, but it's not like she's a legendary acting talent.

I find her acting somewhat better than Gal's if not ever so slightly. I'd say that they're both almost equal in terms of looks in my book.

@darknightspideyfanboy said:

she was my choice for WW

Honestly, out of all the names being thrown around that supposedly auditioned, Olga would've been my choice.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I wont say I would go with her but she's still better than Gal.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: you think? She's not got any better of a resume than Gal and her looks are similar. Wouldn't have been bothered by her pick, but I don't see it as any better than Gal.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Ya she's a better actress from what I've seen and as far as looks... well she is too skinny but she's not built as lanky. Still wouldn't hire either woman for the job.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I've not seen enough work from either of them to say that I have an opinion on who might be a better actress

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dernman

@csg_cl: I've seen quite a few things from Olga.She does both American and non American films/tv. I'm quite comfortable saying she's not bad and better than Gal.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I've only seen her in Quantum of Solace and Vampire Academy and she didn't jump off the screen as a stand out in either. Not that Gal's "stellar" performance in FF franchise is anything to write home about. IMO both are essentially wild cards who could throw in a helluva performance under the right circumstances.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I've never seen Gal give anything that would suggest even a competent performance. Not saying Olga is great who give award winning performances but she at least comes off as an actress. Not everything is about standing out when it comes to acting. Sometimes it's just about fitting in and becoming a part. I'm not good at remembering movie/tv names and the only one I can think of is Magic City on Starz. I thought she blended in there well. Anyway like I said neither would be my choice.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Saint_Sophie

I've seen her in Vampire Academy only. I can't really say much about her performance given how I didn't really enjoy Vampire Academy that much so I didn't really pay attention to her. But from I remember, her role in the movie wasn't bad and she seemed somewhat competent in the role. Not like Gadot's Gisele character caught my eye.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.