Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Official Warner Brothers 2012 Wonder Woman Script

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jphulk26

Can't wait for Wonder Woman Movie, then you want to read this!

Reported On:

See Script: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/news/?a=126432

For over 70 years, Wonder Woman has stood as an icon of female empowerment, the embodiment of feminine strength, and ultimately, a fiercely determined superhero who fights side by side with Superman and Batman, superhero icons in their own right. With the release of

Superman in 1978, superheroes emerged from the back shelves of dusty comic book stores and into mainstream pop culture. Today, half a dozen films inspired by comic books are released a year, with budgets reaching up to $300,000,000 and bringing in billions of dollars at the box office. Batman has just completed a franchise-rebooting trilogy, Spider-Man is about to be rebooted a third time, while the Man Of Steel is set to face off against the World´s Greatest Detective in an epic showdown that is sure to rock the global box office. Even second tier or little known comic book heroes such as Antman and Hellboy have managed to rack up or announce sequels between them. Yet throughout all this, Wonder Woman remains conspicuously absent. Where is Diana, princess of the Amazons? Continually published since 1942, her popularity and place in pop culture can not be disputed, yet for all that she has achieved, Wonder Woman has remained over the years in that most hated of industry spaces: development hell.

Fortunately it seems, with the release of Batman V Superman, DC are finally ready to unleash The Amazing Amazon in her first solo outing sometime in June of 2017. However, over the years DC have tried and failed to bring this giant pop-culture icon to the silver-screen, most famously the now abandoned Josh Whedon project, which he was to write and direct. More curious though are the lesser known screenplay attempts that have ranged in the hundreds by writing staff at warner brothers studios over the last decade, that have never seen the light of day.

This First Draft of an abandoned Untitled Wonder Woman Screenplay from 2010 released by Warners for Educational Purposes on Tuesday 27th OCTOBER 2015 is sure to be just one of many which may well be scrutinized for flaws by generations of Wonder Woman fans of to come:

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone give me a summary of it I don't have time to read it

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on page 15, Hera impregnated Hippolyta with a kiss, that's how Wonder Woman was conceived

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: The screenwriter. Hera kissed Hippolyta on the lips, pressed her hand on her belly and got her 3 months pregnant, that's more like it

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: .........so years of history and a number of origin stories replaced with a dumb kiss-pregnation? No wonder it's a dead project

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Archizooom

@redatom1234: And Steve is a bit sleazy, like in the animated movie, he's 30 something, she's a 20 year old virgin stunner...

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: I could only imagine the ideas they have for the new script.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde said:

I'm on page 15, Hera impregnated Hippolyta with a kiss, that's how Wonder Woman was conceived

nice

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Archizooom

@willienotwilliam: The script is a pastiche of Batman Begins though, in a nutshell, with Ares in place of Ra's Al Ghul and Dr.Poison in place of Scarecrow. Dr.Poison is a man, the purple ray is a purple herbal infusion and there's no Invisible Plane, instead they took off aboard the enemy F-18 that tailed Steve to Themyscira. There's also a back alley scene where a pimp is pummeling his moll and Wonder Woman goes all Kung Fu Panda. It's not great, I can see why they didn't move forward with it. I read Whedon's, not a fan of that one either

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde said:

@willienotwilliam: The script is a pastiche of Batman Begins though, in a nutshell, with Ares in place of Ra's Al Ghul and Dr.Poison in place of Scarecrow. Dr.Poison is a man, the purple ray is a purple herbal infusion and there's no Invisible Plane, instead they took off aboard the enemy F-18 that tailed Steve to Themyscira. There's also a back alley scene where a pimp is pummeling his moll and Wonder Woman goes all Kung Fu Panda. It's not great, I can see why they didn't move forward with it. I read Whedon's, not a fan of that one either

his was bad and i expected this one to be too but i like lesbian hippolyta tho i imagine phillipus not liking hera too much rn lol

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: I've always wondered what Steve I liked better. Sleazy or protective

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sort of like the Hera kiss thing and Ares training Diana Is from Azz run Don't like Sleazy Steve.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

his was bad and i expected this one to be too but i like lesbian hippolyta tho i imagine phillipus not liking hera too much rn lol

Actually Diana walked in on Hippolyta and Artemis feeding each other grapes, if you know what I mean. Also Steve saved Wonder Woman 4 or 5 times and totally steals the show

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: I've always wondered what Steve I liked better. Sleazy or protective

Well you would've loved this one because he's both

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: bet that the actual movie will be the same way

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they had made it Athena I would have been fine with it although I would have liked Aphrodite to be in the mix too.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234 said:

Well you would've loved this one because he's both

I read it now as well. interesting. what did you make of Ares?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Archizooom

@muffin_sangria: I don't mind the lesbian kiss as much as other people here, if anything think it's a bit plain compared to the actual greek creation myths, they're all pretty memorable, this feels a bit boring. I also prefer Athena as Wonder Woman's Patron Goddess, she's hands down my favorite God. I would actually have Athena usurp the throne from Zeus thus becoming the All-Mother, just to change things up a little.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: There was nothing wrong with Ares imo, if anything he didn't seem very powerful, but it's difficult to tell without reading the big climatic scene, it's not in that pdf

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: There was nothing wrong with Ares imo, if anything he didn't seem very powerful, but it's difficult to tell without reading the big climatic scene, it's not in that pdf

Seems like he can control military tech??

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Yep, Hijack can do that too and more.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Yep, Hijack can do that too and more.

So you thought Steve stole the show above Ares? I actually thought Ares and Steve were the best thing about it. Lol, caught that bit with Hippolyta and Artemis as well. Lot of lesbo action in the script...

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: This script definitely skews towards the male demo, they gave Steve a very big role and made sure the character was relatable. He crashed smack dab in the middle a sexy wet dream come to life and returned home with the young, virgin knockout that delicately cleaned his wounds after he saved her life, you know what I mean. Wonder Woman was Steve's magical girlfriend. I know that's always been the story but here Steve is almost twice her age and a bit of a smooth-talking prick, that really doesn't sit well with me.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone give me a summary of it I don't have time to read it

I didn't have time to read the whole thing, but the first portion is basically a rewrite of the animated film.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: I don't mind the lesbian kiss as much as other people here, if anything think it's a bit plain compared to the actual greek creation myths, they're all pretty memorable, this feels a bit boring. I also prefer Athena as Wonder Woman's Patron Goddess, she's hands down my favorite God. I would actually have Athena usurp the throne from Zeus thus becoming the All-Mother, just to change things up a little.

Yeah I like the idea of it having a more intimate, and almost sexual feel to the creation. This is how I'd want to see it go: Athena, and Aphrodite come down from the heavens giving their whole "most devoted follower speel" to hippolyta as she's kneeling over her sculpture. Then they both reach inside their chests pulling out glowing orbs of energy. The orbs fly towards Hippolyta, thrusting into her, and filling her with a glowing light. The light then slowly moves from her chest into her arms as she reaches down to pick up the sculpture. Then as the light flows into it the clay starts to fall away as it reveals the baby underneath.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: This script definitely skews towards the male demo, they gave Steve a very big role and made sure the character was relatable. He crashed smack dab in the middle a sexy wet dream come to life and returned home with the young, virgin knockout that delicately cleaned his wounds after he saved her life, you know what I mean. Wonder Woman was Steve's magical girlfriend. I know that's always been the story but here Steve is almost twice her age and a bit of a smooth-talking prick, that really doesn't sit well with me.

Hmmm! I saw Steve as a superspy bourne, bond rip off but Diana is a bond girl who is just way above him in every way. Hard to tell without the end battle. I mean Steve saves her, but you never feel he REALLY SAVES her. The only time he really saves her is from Ares "mind control", but then she saves the whole base. He´s just trying to be protective, but does Diana really even need it? Altogether, a mixed bag, interesting ideas, not always well-executed.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: James Bond/Bond Girl is a very good analogy, the James Bond movies are definitely not my jam, usually I steer clear of any movie with clean-cut, smooth-spoken, middle-aged rich panty-droppers in the leading role. Pairing men of that ilk with a young Wonder Woman never touched by a man before is a bit of a no-no for me, I got shades of Pocahontas /John Smith from this script as well as Whedon's and really didn't like that. It would've been okay hadn't Wonder Woman been so young, pure and a bit bland really…it feels..wrong

Steve saved Diana at least when the other pilot pointed his gun at her, he brought her back from that cataleptic dream. When she woke up, I think she might've still been a bit woozy, he jumped in front of her… it's unclear whether those bullets would've actually hurt Wonder Woman though...

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: That's way better than a plain and simple kiss on the lips :)

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: James Bond/Bond Girl is a very good analogy, the James Bond movies are definitely not my jam, usually I steer clear of any movie with clean-cut, smooth-spoken, middle-aged rich panty-droppers in the leading role. Pairing men of that ilk with a young Wonder Woman never touched by a man before is a bit of a no-no for me, I got shades of Pocahontas /John Smith from this script as well as Whedon's and really didn't like that. It would've been okay hadn't Wonder Woman been so young, pure and a bit bland really…it feels..wrong

Steve saved Diana at least when the other pilot pointed his gun at her, he brought her back from that cataleptic dream. When she woke up, I think she might've still been a bit woozy, he jumped in front of her… it's unclear whether those bullets would've actually hurt Wonder Woman though...

huh, I didn´t notice the narrative there was so misogynistic. I see what you´re saying, I just didn´t read it like that. I felt the writer clumsily was trying do what you said, a Batman Begins, where Diana is not wonder woman yet, she´s a little troubled girl whose destiny is to become the hero Wonder Woman. Like looking at the girl, woman, person behind the legend. I wish she had more angst though or as you said she could have been more interesting. When she stood up for Steve in court I was starting to like her, but then she didn´t become interesting again until the final scenes. The stuff with Laurie was just laughable, needed a lot of work, but I thought the origin and then the final action scenes had something to them. But yeah I see what you´re saying about Steve.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I'm not sure what "misogynistic" means in this day and age but I wouldn't go that far, I'd say the script is slanted towards men and that Wonder Woman got a bit lost in the shuffle. But actually, while promoting Spectre, Daniel Craig said James Bond is a "misogynist" and that he'd rather slash his wrists than make another Bond movie lol he wouldn't be open to play Ares I think.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I'm not sure what "misogynistic" means in this day and age but I wouldn't go that far, I'd say the script is slanted towards men and that Wonder Woman got a bit lost in the shuffle. But actually, while promoting Spectre, Daniel Craig said James Bond is a "misogynist" and that he'd rather slash his wrists than make another Bond movie lol he wouldn't be open to play Ares I think.

Why? I think he'd relish taking on a villainous role, surely. He even looks a bit like Ares from the comics. He'd be perfect IMO.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: He said he doesn't wanna make blockbusters in the next couple of years because it's very time consuming. At 47 it's not easy to stay in shape, he probably takes steroids, maybe his weiner's shrinking

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jphulk26

@brunnhilde said:

@jphulk26: He said he doesn't wanna make blockbusters in the next couple of years because it's very time consuming. At 47 it's not easy to stay in shape, he probably takes steroids, maybe his weiner's shrinking

Yeah, but lets be honest Ares as a master mind is hardly going to be physically demanding. Any battle he´s in will probably be mainly CG and it is unlikely Craig will have to be pumped up for the role. Truth be told I think Sean Bean is a much better actor, but honestly I think Craig is a 1000% better choice from a box office stand point and just in the way he portrays being that cold, hearted, arrogant douche in James Bond. That translates so well to playing Ares. +

Who would you choose?

My top 5 1. Ed Norton 2. Joaquin Pheonix 3. Daniel Craig 4. Eddie Redmayne 5. Mads Mikkleson

Oh by the way, What did you think of Dr. Poison in the script?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Archizooom

@jphulk26: I think it's pressure to keep the hot body that made him famous in the first place, probably forgot the taste of beer, for an englishman abstinence is a social handicap, he must be dying for a pint hehe at 47 I'm sure it's pretty hard. But Daniel Craig would be amazing, I'm not a fan of Edward Norton, Joaquin Phoenix thinks comic book movies are beneath him and imo he's not as good as people give him credit for. I'll go with Kevin Spacey. As for Dr.Poison, didn't make a very strong impression on me, he was okay I guess but his motivation struck me as textbook villainy

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds pretty bad.

Beata

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I think it's pressure to keep the hot body that made him famous in the first place, probably forgot the taste of beer, for an englishman abstinence is a social handicap, he must be dying for a pint hehe at 47 I'm sure it's pretty hard. But Daniel Craig would be amazing, I'm not a fan of Edward Norton, Joaquin Phoenix thinks comic book movies are beneath him and imo he's not as good as people give him credit for. I'll go with Kevin Spacey. As for Dr.Poison, didn't make a very strong impression on me, he was okay I guess but his motivation struck me as textbook villainy

yeah. i agree, I think it was cool he made him a guy and i liked the idea of Dr. Poison as a military scientist whose area of expertise is chemical and biological weapons. I didn´t know he was given a motive though.

Sounds pretty bad.

Beata

I wouldn´t say it´s bad. Just weak in areas. has some good ideas, but the dialogue needs work. Perhaps an early draft?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are actually similarities in the script and wonder woman movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.