Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Off My Mind: Will Wonder Woman Ever Have A Real Boyfriend?

• 132 results
    DarkSyde79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DarkSyde79

With the love life of most these characters, does she really wanna have a love life???

Scike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Scike

I think Wonder Woman just needs to find a regular guy to be with---someone to act as a bit of a counterbalance to her seriousness and staunch crime fighting ways.  It would definitely lighten her up a little and make her a bit more likable.  One of the reasons I'm not a big Wonder Woman fan is just that she does seem a little cold and off-putting.  

extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By extrememage

The Olympians should make her the perfect man for her being such a good warrior for them.
    Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

@Vance Astro: I kinda agree with that. Powerful individuals like Superman could 'truly' love her. But than again mortals have always fascinate her (Steve Trever, Batman, Nemesis...)...

Or she could switch sides with someone within the Amazons (like Graci Cho), the superheroine/villainess community, or a random mortal woman....
    Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

@mattydee007: What does Thor have to do with Amazons? He's a different nationality of mythology...
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Calvin
    @G-Man: I understand what you're saying, but I think Bruce Wayne is even less "human" than her or even Superman. A boyfriend could be a way, but in my opinion that would be going down the easy road. Me? I already love her. However my problem is that I know Batman sworn to fighting Evil in his parent's crave, Superman is a naive boyscout who believes he can save everybody, Spider-man is a selfless troubled man who just want to survive through life living up to the principles of his dead uncle whose dead he blames himself for. What about Diana? Why his she fighting the "never ending battle"? Can we give her a story to better explain her motivations? A story that everybody can fell empathy, that everybody can know and understand. What what keep her honest? Superman had Ma and Pa Kent, for instance. - I'm not telling Wonder Woman doesn't has this things, I'm just saying maybe people don't know her story. - She needs Cartoons, like Superman, Batman and Spider-man had in the 90s' and the next generation with love and respect her!

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By Duo_forbidden

I actually don't mind the fact that Diana and Bruce was trying out a relationship.  They're actually quite alike when thinking about it. Like Bruce, she can love, but it takes her longer to do so. They're both determined to do what's need to be done (minus the killing part).  And yea, she did admit in Blackest Night that she loved Bruce. That flirtation was seen more in the animated series. She doesn't need to get married, just have a "simple" relationship.

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CylonDorado

Like someone said before, she should go out with Martian Manhunter, if he stays alive.
    spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By spiderguylll

If superman didn't have Lois...

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Well, why does she absolutely need to have some regular love interest. Batman has had several throughout the years. He had a child with Talia, but his connections with Selina and other women have been strong.
    Naturally, I wish a character I like happiness,  such as Wonder Woman and Batman.

Just saying that one or the other HAS to have some stable love interest is kind of like saying to someone that they HAVE to get married and as soon as possible. I say it's great if you find someone that you want to marry. I'm all for that, but it's not always the smartest choice to always be heading toward marriage when you date someone
    I look to my mother as an example. She married pretty young out of high school. She had my older brother and I. Divorced when I was in grade school. A couple years a later she met her now boyfriend. Both were once married and neither want to do it again. They are both just happy to be seeing each other, and I'm just glad my mom is happy. I don't care if she married the guy if that isn't what she wants.

To have Wonder Woman date someone in an attempt make her seem more human feels like a poor writers tool. You need to have a writer that give her goal and interaction with people. It doesn't have to be romantic interaction, but if the writer can make it work without being corny, why not?
    Who's to say she can't be like Batman and have multiple love interests of any gender.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#61  Edited By ImperiousRix

Well, I think one thing that's made Wonder Woman who she is is that she doesn't have to be defined by a man.  I think it could be interesting for her to have a mortal boyfriend, just to see what kind of situations it would bring up, but I just don't see the need for it.

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By greeneagle

Um G-Man, Bruce was only pretending to be in love with Jezebel Jet. In the last issue of the batman rip story arc, jezebel taunted him  saying "he would never love again because of what she did to him after he gave her his 'heart' ". Bruce replied with a " you can thank Alfred for the acting lessons".

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Cherry Bomb

WW doesn't need a man!  no man will ever be good enough for her.
    infact, she  represents female independance :D

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DEGRAAF

i think the problem is so many people want her with either Superman or Batman and she is always put with some no name ordinary human.  I think she needs to date someone on the same level as superman or some mythic god/immortal type. Honestly i think Marvel and DC should have WW and Thor be in a relationship. It can be a gag like House M.D. and Stephen Colbert

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Thor? $#@! that noise lol

Avatar image for emmanuel_eden_azari_el_bey
    Emmanuel_Eden_azari_el_Bey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Namast'e 
    my guidance is telling me that wonder woman is a lesbian

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By danhimself

well I didn't want to say anything but Wonder Woman and I have been dating for a while now....I don't know if it's serious yet but she did just update her facebook status to "In a Relationship"  so I've got my fingers crossed

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @danhimself said:
    " well I didn't want to say anything but Wonder Woman and I have been dating for a while now....I don't know if it's serious yet but she did just update her facebook status to "In a Relationship"  so I've got my fingers crossed "
    Hahaha you lucky bastard.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By danhimself
    @Gambler said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " well I didn't want to say anything but Wonder Woman and I have been dating for a while now....I don't know if it's serious yet but she did just update her facebook status to "In a Relationship"  so I've got my fingers crossed "
    Hahaha you lucky bastard. "
    shhhhhh don't jinx it
    devil leonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By devil leonx

I have been a fan of WW for a while and it really saddens me to see how underrated people seem to be to her. I think it does have to do with her Rogue gallery(though honestly Ares is actually pretty good) and she has yet to have a villain that is truly awesome.  Her having a Boyfriend could definitely humanize her but it could hurt her too its an incredibly slippery slope.

Hopefully though when  j michael straczynski takes over maybe he can make Diana the SH she deserves to be. While I haven't read all of his Run on Thor he supposedly did a great job in bringing new life to the character and I always thought WW was Similar to Thor in quite a few ways so he should be right at Home with Diana here's hoping for the best!I just pry JMS doesn't put all his focus on Superman and forget about Diana.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By WW-Fan

i would never want to see Diana get married actully! i like her single! with some dates and some realastion ship! and i think why people dont like her that much is beguse people dont give her a change to read her storys and get to know the charecter, i know one guy, he hated Wonder Woman thought she was so uncool and stuff until he gave George's perez stories a chance and he bacame fan after that :)... people just have to give her a change, she is a lovely charecter, storng and powerful,, i mean how can you now love her :D 

and i dont really wana see her with other Super heros, i would like to see her date a god somthing like that or just a guy like Nemesis just little more better charecter :D
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Shadowdoggy

maybe when Bruce gets back from......time? the past? wherever 
    he can see what he'd been missing all this time and finally go to her and they can be a couple 
    .....never gonna happen? yeah, I know
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By TheMess1428

Wonder Woman was with Steve Trevor for a long time. She and Batman were fully dating for a time during the JLA run.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By WW-Fan

i think Wonder Woman dosent belong in   Gotham City actully,, well maybe :)
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @WW-Fan said:

" i think Wonder Woman dosent belong in   Gotham City actully,, well maybe :) "

This kind of goes back to the point of her being isolated in her solo series, she's almost to "themed" if you know what I mean. The whole Greek Mythology thing works on Paradise Island, but loses something when she appears in Metropolis or Gotham. Take Batman and put him anywhere in the DCU and he doesn't seem out of place. We've seen him everywhere (even in the past). Iconic characters like Wonder Woman should be able to transcend locations like that as well. I agree that the idea of her in Gotham seems odd, but with the right story and writing I think its something that would seem less out of place.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Shadowdoggy

@Gambler: 
    well, now that Paradise Island / Themyscara is going to fall, or be destroyed or whatever, maybe she'll have to branch out more 
    I love WW 
    I hope she gets more of the respect she deserves
       cough she needs better villans cough

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77  Edited By DH69

lol wonder woman is straight?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Shadowdoggy said:
    "

@Gambler: 
    well, now that Paradise Island / Themyscara is going to fall, or be destroyed or whatever, maybe she'll have to branch out more 
    I love WW 
    I hope she gets more of the respect she deserves
       cough she needs better villans cough

"
    Dude I cant wait for this new run to get here. I'd love to see her get more respect/fans, but at the same time I like being part of a small yet dedicated group of fans. We're sitting in the V.I.P. section waiting for the rest of the World to catch up ;)
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @Gambler:
    I totally agree  
    I'm so stoked for this next run
    it kills me that people still think she's a joke 
    but oh, if they only knew
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By CylonDorado

The last run was great, so if people still thinks she's a joke, she has no chance.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Shadowdoggy

I know, right? 
    what's it going to take? 
    they jsut need to get Bruce back in the now and get the trinity back together 
    so people can remember who the most badass chic in the dcu still is ;)
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By WW-Fan
    @DH69 said:
    "

lol wonder woman is straight?

"

i would not say she is straight, she likes both im sure :) but she is more intrested in men
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By WW-Fan

cant waiit to see J. Michael's Wonder woman! aaa, i so hope people will buy her and will get a lot of respect,, i think Wonder Woman is back this year :)
    Woerlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#84  Edited By Woerlan

Yep. She loves Bruce. 

There should be a good balance between scenes where she's the glorious defender and scenes where she's just being a lady, preferably a fun-loving, casual lady. If she could have a romantic tension with Bruce being Bruce and her being Diana instead of them being Batman and Wonder Woman, that would be awesome. And don't say it can't be done. 

The hero-civilian balance of the last Blue Beetle series comes to mind as a good example.

But seriously, she should lighten up. She DOES come across as so noble and stuffy, no one can relate to her.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By charlieboy

i think diana works best when she dates a normal non hero goy. like steve trevor. it helps  ground her. and she has always been straight. wonder woman rocks and it is a shame more people dont know that.
    charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By charlieboy
    @Vance Astro:
    ummm is batwoman not a popular lesbian character?
    greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By greenenvy

Maybe in the marvel universe there is someone for her possibly.  I would like to see a romantic element indeed. But I not really worried about that as much as her damn movie to come out already. If done well I am very curios how much wonder woman will inspire all ages of the female audience instead Disney princess crap or vampires because its time to unleash the amazon in them ha ha. 

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By WW-Fan
    @Calvin said:
    " @G-Man: I understand what you're saying, but I think Bruce Wayne is even less "human" than her or even Superman. A boyfriend could be a way, but in my opinion that would be going down the easy road. Me? I already love her. However my problem is that I know Batman sworn to fighting Evil in his parent's crave, Superman is a naive boyscout who believes he can save everybody, Spider-man is a selfless troubled man who just want to survive through life living up to the principles of his dead uncle whose dead he blames himself for. What about Diana? Why his she fighting the "never ending battle"? Can we give her a story to better explain her motivations? A story that everybody can fell empathy, that everybody can know and understand. What what keep her honest? Superman had Ma and Pa Kent, for instance. - I'm not telling Wonder Woman doesn't has this things, I'm just saying maybe people don't know her story. - She needs Cartoons, like Superman, Batman and Spider-man had in the 90s' and the next generation with love and respect her!

"

yeah good point :)
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#89  Edited By SevanGrim

I liked Nem, and i dont completly hate the Bruce idea it seems they intend to play up.  
     WW does deserves a bf who will worship her and challenge her, and i know no one else will like this idea, but i think it should be a way younger guy like Red Arrow or Superboy. Now days thats what the strong older woman does; get the young promising gorgeous responsible worshiping 10-20 year younger man. The only downside to that is being called a craddle robber, and honestly thats a compliment if its a guy who everyone else wants to, cuz it says you have something taht makes a guy who couls chose any 20-something year old chose you. 
    ...or maybe i just love older women. Either way, i feel like she should have a guy who isnt better than her, but who is still able to defend her when he needs to, Like Superboy. 
    2 cents and then some.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#90  Edited By InnerVenom123

Could have sworn she was a lesbian. lol.

But um. That sucks.

batmanfan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By batmanfan0

Her and Batman should be together

Big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Big

Batman has gone YEARS without a steady girlfriend. He even comments on this in Batman RIP when he tells Alfred that he will only have brief, casual, physical relationships with  women. I think the idea of heroes coupling is over-rated. Some people, and in this case, gods, have bigger things to worry about than getting some from a partner. Maybe we can see Wonder Woman get off sometime with a guy (or girl, however the writers wanna play it) and then have her go off and do what she does best, kick ass as that unattainable goddess that she is!
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By CylonDorado
    @InnerVenom123 said:

"Could have sworn she was a lesbian. lol. But um. That sucks. "

Maybe she is when she's not dating men.
    Big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Big
    @Shadowdoggy:
    A joke? Haven't heard that one before. And if I did, I don't think I would laugh.
    Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Roninidas
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "She loves Batman. Deal with it and move on.   Refer to the Holy Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #2 for further confirmation. "

I think her and Batsy should hook up.  Could you imagine how bad ass their offspring would be.  I mean your mother is amazonian and your father is Batman.  That is a recipe for badass!   

In all seriousness, I would like to see Wonder Woman and Bruce Wayne, Batman hook up. 
    KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#96  Edited By KRYPTON

I'm Going to say Batman. But, I thought he got married to Talia Al Ghul in the current Batman Series? Or maybe Hal Jordan.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Shadowdoggy

@Big:
    I just meant that it just seems like a lot of people don't take her seriously

they remember the invisible jet and boomerang tiara from the show and seem to stop caring right there  

RedHurricane24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#98  Edited By RedHurricane24

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/red_hurricane/Love.jpg      

This is self-explanatory. 

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @RedHurricane24:
    exactly 
    great pic
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By CylonDorado

Actually, her and Dick Grayson might make for an interesting couple.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.