Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Off My Mind: Will Wonder Woman Ever Have A Real Boyfriend?

• 132 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    What is it about Wonder Woman that makes it hard for people to like her? I'm not just talking about comic characters but also comic readers. Often, whenever Wonder Woman comes up, I see a lot of comments from people saying they just don't like her. Wonder Woman is such a strong and iconic character. She deserves more respect but she doesn't seem to be getting any love from readers or comic characters, for that matter.

Perhaps it's because she often comes across as a little stuffy or too uptight. Diana is a warrior but we don't often see the softer side of her. She always seems focused on fighting off evil and we rarely see her simply unwind. Is this what makes it so some don't want to read about her? Does she come across as not human to readers?

I know there will be some fans saying Wonder Woman "doesn't need a man," but would having a boyfriend make her seem more human?
     == TEASER ==
    Wonder Woman has dated in the past. She was even practically engaged to Nemesis (which thankfully ended). Would seeing Wonder Woman going to the movies or going for a walk in the park with someone make her more appealing?

The other question is who is worthy of being Wonder Woman's boyfriend (or girlfriend)? Most people always see Wonder Woman and Superman as the ultimate super-couple, but he's already married. There was some flirtations between Wonder Woman and Batman in early issues of the current Justice League of America series. Unfortunately, Bruce has issues of his own. Besides being 'dead' and trapped in the past, he's also recently given his heart to Catwoman and Jezebel Jet (and we know that didn't go too well). Who is worthy to be Wonder Woman's boyfriend? Does she even need one?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Wonder Woman doesn't need a boyfriend.Unless it's a god or someone like that.No regular dude is man enough for Diana.

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CaptainGenisVell

Well she did come from a culture where they don't need men, so maybe that is why.
    Maybe she is a lesbian?! :P <<< This is a joke lol

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By bingbangboom

Honestly, the best thing they could to if DC was really worth doing it was build up a love triangle between Superman Wonder Woman and Batman. Would be the best thing to happen to her and just get rid of Lois and stuff. Anyone she goes with other than those two will seem like a joke. Another thing is can she really be a girlfriend? Like would she make a good one, you can't even lie to her, so thats a pain. I thought she was also you know... "curious", with an island full of women. wink wink

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @CaptainGenisVell said:

" Well she did come from a culture where they don't need men, so maybe that is why. Maybe she is a lesbian?! "

Why can't she just have no interest in a romantic relationship? Why does she have to be gay for not having a boyfriend?
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Green ankh

All reasons you give for people not liking her are what i do like.  I do not care to see or read about the heroes love life. I can't stand the fact that Lois and Sup's are married.  I don't want to read a Clark Kent book. Nor i want to see a soft side to Wonder Woman. We know she has feelings and cares for poeple why do we need for her to have sex?  

I want comic books not soap operas!
    _Sub-Zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By _Sub-Zero_

She has shown affection for several men in the past, so she can't be completely gay. Bi. Which, we also haven't seen so to this day she's hetero. There is a alternate universe where she has a son with Kal-El too. 

Phantim555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Phantim555
    @Vance Astro said:
    "@CaptainGenisVell said:

" Well she did come from a culture where they don't need men, so maybe that is why. Maybe she is a lesbian?! "

Why can't she just have no interest in a romantic relationship? Why does she have to be gay for not having a boyfriend? "

Agreed, I'd like to know the answer to that question too. Plus I think Diana and Bruce could work. He needs someone thats a full time hero and not crazy. Plus she needs someone that can handle her personality and nobody's better at that than Bruce.
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaptainGenisVell
    @Vance Astro: 
    One I was joking about the lesbian thing so lighten up please, Two it's not like we can do anything about it, all upto DC.
    Plus this is a discussion.

@Green ankh:
    Comic books are soap operas, Stan Lee made it that way he is has even been qouted to making stories like that, so comics have probably been soap operas since you've been reading them.
    dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dondasch

I've been waiting for this topic to come up in one of your Off My Mind segments for a while, so thank you G-Man.

Where to begin on this.  I think I will start with there is no argument to be made against Wonder Woman's iconic status.  She is simply a cornerstone of not just DC, but the comics universe as a whole.  Reading the line of "  Perhaps it's because she often comes across as a little stuffy or too uptight.", brings up an interesting thought.  In my view, the character is defined, and perhaps burdened by the creative teams that have brought us up to this point in time.   It would seem that the current observation of Wonder  Woman being too stuffy, or uptight may in fact be how the writers viewed her.  It seems to be time for a new direction.

By new direction, I am not referring to her having or needing a boyfriend.  Why exactly is this necessary?  Simply because she has not had a significant love interest, yes I'm looking at you Nemesis, does not mean that she is lesbian, as so many people seem to want to rush to, whatever their reasons.

Here are some problems that I can see with Wonder Woman:

1.  Wonder Woman simply does not have a rogues gallery to be challenged by.  If you were to take Superman, Batman, or even Spiderman, who may have the best rogues gallery around, you see challenges galore.   Who exactly is challenging Diana on any kind of basis, regular or not?

2.  As a result of not having a strong rogues gallery, the stories seem lacking and this may be part of the reason why Wonder Woman is not as accepted as say, Superman, Batman, or now, Green Lantern, as the illustrious Pinchuk brought up not so long ago.

3.  Can Diana still be considered a part of the Big Three along with Superman and Batman or has Green Lantern supplanted her through the TREMENDOUS writing of Geoff Johns.

Here is what I think needs to occur for interest to be rekindled, and I can speak to this from personal experience, as it was how I went fully into comics.

Superman had Doomsday and the Death of Superman event occurred.  
    Batman had Bane and the Knightfall series occurred.

Plainly and simply, does Diana need to die OR be pushed and challenged to such a point as to make her character believable again?

Phantim555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Phantim555

@CaptainGenisVell said:

" @Vance Astro: 
    One I was joking about the lesbian thing so lighten up please, Two it's not like we can do anything about it, all upto DC.

@Green ankh: Comic books are soap operas, Stan Lee made it that way he is has even been qouted to making stories like that, so comics have probably been soap operas since you've been reading them. "

True comics are soap operas. Just look at the Batman stories. Besides aside from comics where else do you see ppl die and come back multiple times
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @CaptainGenisVell said:
    " @Vance Astro: 
    I know you were joking.I'm suggesting the lesbian joke is overdone at this point.
    SirSparkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By SirSparkington

I've recently become a reader of Wonder Woman thanks to the excellent team of Gail Simone/ Nicola Scott. As far as the whole boyfriend thing goes, I can't say I feel to strongly about it. It could be cool if done well, but I don't think its a necessity for her character.

Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lustwish

she had a good relationship with The Flash, but nothing to any extent as feelings. 
    Although Batman always had her attention. 

CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CaptainGenisVell
    @Phantim555 said:
    "

@CaptainGenisVell said:

" @Vance Astro: 

@Green ankh: Comic books are soap operas, Stan Lee made it that way he is has even been qouted to making stories like that, so comics have probably been soap operas since you've been reading them. "

True comics are soap operas. Just look at the Batman stories. Besides aside from comics where else do you see ppl die and come back multiple times "
    Exactly :)
    felipeosb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By felipeosb

I'm worthy

afierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By afierce

I'll be Wonder Woman's boyfriend... girlfriend... whatever.

After the Palmiotti/Conner success on Power Girl, I'd love to see that team take on Wonder Woman! I bet they could work some real magic there.

Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blindside002

I guess I fall into that category of I just didn't like her. I believe I'm going to start picking up her comics because I'm a fan of female superheroes and she is one of the most notable, I think I just never gave her the chance. So I'm going to start picking up Wonder Woman and Power Girl. 

edit: 

Yes I do believe that she doesn't come off to many as quite human because from what I understand, like you said G-man, no one really sees her doing anything but fighting, atleast thats what preconception I've been under which has turned me off of her comics. An actual romance might help change that.
    ericthebolton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ericthebolton

Does Lois love Clark or does she love SuperMan?  Does Mary Jane love Peter or SpiderMan?  Sure they are both facets of the same person, but the girls fell in love with the alter egos and not just because they're super heroes. 

I haven't read a Wonder Woman comic but does she live a life besides Wonder Woman?  Does she have a secret identity where she spins around and she changes back into street clothes?? Unless it's someone that is equal in stature of hero status, no guy is going to go for her.  She'll be Hilary Swank and he'll be her ex husband whatever his name was. 

She needs to come down to earth (if she hadn't already)

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mattydeNero

The battle for the heart of an Amazon.  =)
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

She loves Batman. Deal with it and move on. 

Refer to the Holy Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #2 for further confirmation.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Namor1987

Nope she's a goldstar closet lesbian no offense
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Captain13
    The problem with Wonder Woman is that she's too iconic.

She's been representing women for decades, so writers don't want to give her any flaws probably because they don't want to offend anyone. Batman constantly deals with loss and Hal Jordan deals with the weight of the universe on his shoulders. What recurring internal problem does WW deal with? She needs internal turmoil as well as external turmoil. She doesn't always have to be so sure of herself and her choices.

Another problem is her rogues gallery.
    It's not dangerous or iconic enough. The only strong people she fights are like gods, who appear in every other form of media leading them to be played out. (Ares we know you're a god of War, but why is it you always have the same personality in every interpretation?) The only remotely iconic WW villain is Cheetah and she sucks.
     Good villains are dark reflections of the hero. I.E. Joker represents Batman's determination and ingenuity, Riddler represents his intelligence, Two-face represents the duality of his life, Mr. Freeze represents is pain from the loss of a loved one, Bane represents his physicality, etc. 

Finally, I always thought that WW should date one of the lanterns. They were chosen because they're some of the best men this planet has to offer. Who better to show WW that some men can live up to Themysciran standards?
    After looking through the list of JLA members, I have to say that Black Lightning, Mr. Miracle, Mr. Terrific (lol),  Geo-Force, and Steel wouldn't be bad choices either.

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jordanstine

A story: 

Imagine walking home along the quiet evening after a romantic evening, and suddenly you and your girlfriend gets attacked by some muggers!   

Instead of going fist to fist in display of honor and bravery (or just running away dialing 911) your girl friend takes off her clothes revealing a bathing suit cut from an American Flag, and starts pounding every one of the 8 muggers that attacked you, lassoing them up and tossing them into the ocean across by.

Q: As a guy, wouldn't you feel a little embarassed if not upset?  Do you see what's wrong with this story?  

A: Yes - embarassed because you couldn't defend her; and upset because all of this wouldn't have happened in the first place if we had just flew on her invisible jet.  

^   Yup, I would be lying down too!
    Sir Duke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24  Edited By Sir Duke

Writer's love to pair up Superman and Wonder Woman in elseworld's stories, though I felt this only ever worked in Kingdom Come, where it did do a great job of humanizing the both of them.  In the DCU, Wonder Woman is confirmed to be in love with Batman, but even with all his issues aside, Batman is confirmed to be in love with Catwoman.  I know it won't work in the current continuity, but I never saw what the problem with Steve Trevor was.  The animated film does a great job of showing why they can be a great comic book couple.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By Moomin123

I dunno if Wonder Woman will have a boyfriend. She's really tough and strong, and most men surely prefer being the strong ones. Besides, if an argument ever ensued, the boyfriend would get one hell of an ass-whoopin'.

What happened to that Trevor guy who was Wonder Woman's love interest?

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By Silkcuts

ME!  She should have me!
    Or if not, it should be Superman.  Let him dump Lois and have Super-babies

buns134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By buns134

Finally a blog like this she wont because she is a lesbian   
    PROOF=lives on an island of only women.... 
    2 moms  
    and more!
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Will she ever have a serious boyfriend/relationship? I'd say yes. Does she need a serious boyfriend/relationship? I'd say no. As someone pointed out earlier one of the major problems with Wonder Woman is her pathetic rogues gallery. Superman has Darkseid, Lex Luthor, etc etc. Batman has the Joker (and many others). These villains are established rogues not just in their respective corners, but the entire DCU. Wonder Woman has......Ares? Cheetah? These characters aren't  portrayed as threats to anyone outside of the Wonder Woman Universe. If you notice, Wonder Woman is very popular in the JLA series yet in her solo series she continues to struggle attracting new fans. I think its because her solo title is to self-contained, all the events and stories (for the most part) never expand beyond her Universe. When Doomsday showed up all the major players got involved, Emperor Joker took over all the Superman comics even though he's a Batman rogue. That doesn't happen with Wonder Woman stories for whatever reason. Her last arc, " Rise of the Olympian" saw the creation of a Doomsday rip off called Genocide. And although Genocide took out Firestorm, Green Lantern, and Red Tornado at the same time, afterwards there was no carry over. Its like it only happened in the Wonder Woman Universe and nowhere else. I think in order to fix Wonder Woman they first need to fix her rogues gallery and segregation of her solo series from the rest of the DCU.

As far as having a boyfriend goes I'd like to see her matched up with someone who is on, or above, her level. I also wouldn't want to see it turn into a sappy "Peter Parker/Mary Jane" type of relationship either. No walks in the park. It should be more complicated then that. Which is why I think Batman/Bruce would be perfect. He's someone who could match her both as Batman and Bruce Wayne. It wouldnt be like Superman losing his edge when he turns back into Clark, Bruce Wayne has the swagga to hold Diana's heart in or out of the cowl. 

One of the Best Panels in the last several years
     One of the Best Panels in the last several years

There's also the panel from Justice League #0 where they are displaying the past, present, and possible future, lives of the Big Three.
     In the future she marries someone, and its not Sups or Batman
     In the future she marries someone, and its not Sups or Batman
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CylonDorado

I liked Nemesis, until he broke up with her. Then I was like, "Wow, what a douche".

Anyway, after reading Gail's stuff, I literally have no problems with Wonder Woman. She even made Cheeta pretty cool. And I loved Giganta ever since they teemed up that one time.

Ownage ensues.
    Ownage ensues.
    rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rlmay3

I always thought her thing for Batman made the most sense. Being a strong, determined warrior, she saw Bats almost as an equal. Obviously he doesn't quite possess her abilities, but she admired his determination and sense of justice. I think people put Superman and WW together simply because they are both "super." In all honesty, I think she would choose Batman over Superman, simply because by her Amazonian code, Superman seems soft in a lot of ways.

Besides, we all know ladies love guys with a dark side.

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CylonDorado
    @rlmay3:
    I agree, plus the double super thing is way to obvious.
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jordanstine

P.S. 
    In conclusion to the romantic story I posted earlier, I'd like to add "NO" and "NEVERRRRRRRRR"! 

Wonder Woman or any heroines should never be tied down ever!  It's what makes fanboys covet them more!   

Coming soon to
    Coming soon to "Days of our Wakandan Lives": Black Panter, Storm, and Another Woman!
    Heroines like Storm, or Invisible Woman most fanboys don't covet them as much after they tied the knot.   What ends up happening is that writers have to come up with love triangles to these married women (example Emma FrostJean Grey) to make the relationship more interesting.  They haven't done it to Storm yet, since she's a "newly wed" but eventually it will happen.

Heroines who also sleep around too much too are yucky!  Yucky I tell you!  That's why I don't really care for the girls at  Ultimate X-Men right now, everyone there sleeps around. 

Wonder Woman should remain single that way fanboys will keep coveting her. 

I personally don't covet her since she's too amazonian for me (like She-Hulk), but someone more petite like Supergirl... maybe.  But Zatanna with regular non-super strenght = aww yeah! 

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33  Edited By DMC

Girlfriend G-Man? Please

Like many of you have said, her rouges gallery is definitely one of the BIG problems with Wonder Woman. 

But another problem I see (that's on par with the rouges) is Themiscyra. Granted I don't read too much WW but her universe needs to expand beyond her home island. This probably sticks out for me since all the big WW storylines I can recall in the past year or so are centered around Themiscyra: Amazon's Attack, Rise of the Olympian, etc.  

I think the outer space stuff in her current arc is a step in the right direction. I hope JMS will continue this trend at some point in his run and set up some new WW adventures in new places and create some new villains for her, connected and not connected to Themiscyra/Greek Mythology (preferably the later). 

As far as her personality, I don't think she needs to change at all.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The WeatherMan

In the Justice League cartoon, her fling with Steve was well played out, I enjoyed that.  

I don't think she should date someone who has godly status, because thats who she deals with all the time. It would be better for her to date someone who is more down to earth, more human. Batman would be perfect for a complicated relationship.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jordanstine said:
    "
    P.S. 
    In conclusion to the romantic story I posted earlier, I'd like to add "NO" and "NEVERRRRRRRRR"! 

Wonder Woman or any heroines should never be tied down ever!  It's what makes fanboys covet them more!   

Coming soon to
    Coming soon to "Days of our Wakandan Lives": Black Panter, Storm, and Another Woman!
    Heroines like Storm, or Invisible Woman most fanboys don't covet them as much after they tied the knot.   What ends up happening is that writers have to come up with love triangles to these married women (example Emma FrostJean Grey) to make the relationship more interesting.  They haven't done it to Storm yet, since she's a "newly wed" but eventually it will happen.

Heroines who also sleep around too much too are yucky!  Yucky I tell you!  That's why I don't really care for the girls at  Ultimate X-Men right now, everyone there sleeps around. 

I personally don't covet her since she's too amazonian for me (like She-Hulk), but someone more petite like Supergirl... maybe.  But Zatanna with regular non-super strenght = aww yeah!   "
    Storm has a massive amount of fanboys.So that throws your point right out the window. 
    Nobody cares that female characters sleep around either (generally) She-Hulk has a quite a bit of fans too. 
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Captain13
    @rlmay3 said:
    " I always thought her thing for Batman made the most sense. Being a strong, determined warrior, she saw Bats almost as an equal. Obviously he doesn't quite possess her abilities, but she admired his determination and sense of justice. I think people put Superman and WW together simply because they are both "super." In all honesty, I think she would choose Batman over Superman, simply because by her Amazonian code, Superman seems soft in a lot of ways.  Besides, we all know ladies love guys with a dark side. "
    I agree. But I don't want Batman to date other superheroes. Part of the reason he's compelling is because his main weakness is his heart. When he dates someone, he puts that person in danger. So he constantly has to sacrifice that. If he dated WW, he wouldn't have to worry about her. I don't want Bats to live happily ever after. That's not in his vocabulary. 
    The only person who could work for Bats is Catwoman. She's just as dangerous as he is, but they can't work because they see the law differently.
    Is it bad that I want Bruce should end up old and alone? I always liked the idea that he can't really be like one of us, because he'll always put others and Gotham ahead of himself.

I think she could love Mr. Terrific for the same reasons she loves Bats. I think that relationship could work.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Superwoman and Owlman's relationship in Crisis of Two Earths was well played out, in fact it was one of my favorite part(s) of the movie. If its good enough for them then its good enough for Bruce and Diana ;)

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jordanstine
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Jordanstine said:
    "
    P.S. 

Coming soon to

I personally don't covet her since she's too amazonian for me (like She-Hulk), but someone more petite like Supergirl... maybe.  But Zatanna with regular non-super strenght = aww yeah!   "
    Storm has a massive amount of fanboys.So that throws your point right out the window. Nobody cares that female characters sleep around either (generally) She-Hulk has a quite a bit of fans too.  "

Go to an X-Men forum, and ask any fanboys who USED to covet Storm before pre-marriage.   

There was even 4 different threads about it. 

Of course she still has a lot of fans, but you'd be shocked to see just how many lost interest.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Magian

I don't mind with Wonder Woman having a boyfriend, as long as it is written correctly.I agree that she needs a better rogues' gallery. Someone said that she hasn't ever been dead. She died fighting Neron, she became the goddess of truth and sacrificed her godhood to be with mortals.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By sora_thekey

I am relatively new to DC Comics, but I do remember in the JLA Animated Series, WW and Batman had a romantic interest in each other... I always thought that was an interesting pairing, he's tough but she's tougher so I'd say that when Bruce comes back that should be a relationship that should be explored.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jordanstine said:
    Go to an X-Men forum, and ask any fanboys who USED to covet Storm before pre-marriage.    There was even 4 different threads about it.  Of course she still has a lot of fans, but you'd be shocked to see just how many lost interest. "
    There are quite a few X-men\Storm fans who still love Storm despite the marriage to Black Panther.We have alot on Comicvine.White Mage has made threads about Storm's marriage to Black Panther but is still a Storm fanboy.
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jordanstine
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Jordanstine said:
    Go to an X-Men forum, and ask any fanboys who USED to covet Storm before pre-marriage.    There was even 4 different threads about it.  Of course she still has a lot of fans, but you'd be shocked to see just how many lost interest. "
    There are quite a few X-men\Storm fans who still love Storm despite the marriage to Black Panther.We have alot on Comicvine.White Mage has made threads about Storm's marriage to Black Panther but is still a Storm fanboy. "

There will always still be fanboys, but not as much of them would care as much as they did before.    

Which maybe why Storm hasn't been as prominent nowadays, as she was during the late 90's to mid 2000's when she herself was so popular she had even beaten Wonder Woman in a popularity contest.  

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jordanstine said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Jordanstine said:
    There are quite a few X-men\Storm fans who still love Storm despite the marriage to Black Panther.We have alot on Comicvine.White Mage has made threads about Storm's marriage to Black Panther but is still a Storm fanboy. "

There will always still be fanboys, but not as much of them would care as much as they did before.    

Which maybe why Storm hasn't been as prominent nowadays, as she was during the late 90's to mid 2000's when she herself was so popular she had even beaten Wonder Woman in a popularity contest.    "
    Storm is the Queen of Wakanda now.She was prominent in the 90's and 2000's because she was just an X-woman.How can you beat the FIRST female character ever in a popularity contest when you've never had your own comic? How does that even make any sense? This doesn't happen to every female character. She-Hulk was married.She was still She-Hulk.She still fought big battles,she still appeared in other comics etc.Getting married doesn't really change anything.Unlike Storm...Ms.Marvel has had her own comic for 2 volumes and still has never been more popular than Wonder Woman.No female character has ever passed that level. It's not because Storm or any other character got married though.Storm would have never reached that level no matter what.It's like saying Spider-Man was never more popular than Superman..of course not.Superman came out in the 30's.He was the first real superhero.
    call_me_dusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By call_me_dusk

No Caption Provided
    @FadeToBlackBolt: 
    I 2nd that! she loves Bruce!
    Read Blackest Night: Wonder Woman.
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jordanstine
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Jordanstine said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Jordanstine said:

Which maybe why Storm hasn't been as prominent nowadays, as she was during the late 90's to mid 2000's when she herself was so popular she had even beaten Wonder Woman in a popularity contest.    "
    Storm is the Queen of Wakanda now.She was prominent in the 90's and 2000's because she was just an X-woman.How can you beat the FIRST female character ever in a popularity contest when you've never had your own comic? How does that even make any sense? This doesn't happen to every female character. She-Hulk was married.She was still She-Hulk.She still fought big battles,she still appeared in other comics etc.Getting married doesn't really change anything.Unlike Storm...Ms.Marvel has had her own comic for 2 volumes and still has never been more popular than Wonder Woman.No female character has ever passed that level. It's not because Storm or any other character got married though.Storm would have never reached that level no matter what.It's like saying Spider-Man was never more popular than Superman..of course not.Superman came out in the 30's.He was the first real superhero. "

Well BELIEVE it or not, she did.   

Storm beat the 1st woman of comics.

Storm had beaten Wonder Woman in a popularity contest held by Marvel/DC during their latest cross-over event back before Amalgam.  

Google it.

rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By rlmay3
    @Captain13: I 100% agree. It would be weird seeing Bats having any kind of romantic relationship like that. Ha. 
    But WW probably has the most genuine romantic feelings for Batman above any other superhero.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Jordanstine said:
    " Well BELIEVE it or not, she did.   

Storm had beaten Wonder Woman in a popularity contest held by Marvel/DC during their latest cross-over event back before Amalgam.  

Google it."

I wouldn't say that proves she was more popular then (or now). It only means more Storm fans voted at the time.
    The Island

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The Island

Wasn't she raised in an environment where men are not allowed at all. Like the feminist type environment. 

I'm pretty sure that with the political correctness going on these days, the writers will give her a same gender lover just to attract a 'wider audience'.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Island said:

" Wasn't she raised in an environment where men are not allowed at all. Like the feminist type environment.   I'm pretty sure that with the political correctness going on these days, the writers will give her a same gender lover just to attract a 'wider audience'. "

Political correctness is for movies and citcoms...not comics.I don't know of any popular gay or lesbian characters.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50  Edited By Erik
    @Gambler said:
    " @Jordanstine said:
    " Well BELIEVE it or not, she did.   

Google it."

I wouldn't say that proves she was more popular then (or now). It only means more Storm fans voted at the time. "
    I was just going to say that. Also, I never got to vote. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.