Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Off My Mind: Why hasn't Wonder Woman been raped yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

I know, I know...it's a bit out there. But if you pay attention to the character you'd understand that a male villain, ANY male villain, could ruin her hero career  by doin' so. She's supposedly DC's "greatest female character". So it would be wise to want her out of the way. She's also a STRONG feminist, and a woman who's use to bein' the superior in every situation. So...if a man were to rape her, wouldn't that mentally take her out of ever wantin' to be in any interaction with another man?

Think about it. If a man were to rape her it would take away her position of power...not to mention her self-confidence , leave her vulnerable and mentally shattered. She's SO use to believin' that women are the superior, and with her bein' a hero she'd NEVER expect that to happen to her. So if it were to happen...everything she believed in and fought for would come crashin' down in ONE act. Think about how regular women feel when it happens to them...it would be a LOT more devastatin' if it were to happen to her. ESPECIALLY if it were a brutal rapin'.

Villains are suppose to have more goin' on for themselves than just tryin' to get money or kill people. If one were to actually DO this, it would definitely get rid of her as a hero. So I have to ask...why hasn't it been done?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

Maybe it's because it's 5:30 am and I've only had about three hours of sleep in the last two days, but I'm not quite following your logic. Why would her being raped make her any less of a hero?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

Rape shouldn't be used as a plot devise 

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:

Villains are suppose to have more goin' on for themselves than just tryin' to get money or kill people. If one were to actually DO this, it would definitely get rid of her as a hero. So I have to ask...why hasn't it been done?

A) Because no one wants to get rid of her as hero?
    B) Her villains aren't really capable of doing that, and if they tried it, they'd wind up dead, or in a LOT of pain
    C) Her being a heroine has nothing to do with whether or not she is raped. 
    D) Only bad writers mischaracterize Diana as being a female-supremacist and Misandrist.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    I'm talkin' about villains in general, they don't have to be HER villains. If a man were to rape her...she'd be thrown into a period of not wanting to do anything. Rape takes TIME to get over. If nothin' else, the villains would have her out of the way for a while.

@The Dark Huntress said:
    Maybe it's because it's 5:30 am and I've only had about three hours of sleep in the last two days, but I'm not quite following your logic. Why would her being raped make her any less of a hero?

It's 5:30 where you are? Wow...it's only 4:30 in chicago. But it's the psychological trauma that would stop her from bein' a hero. Somethin' that harsh happenin' to someone that powerful would destroy her. She's constantly in a position of power, but if someone were to rape her...it would make her feel powerless. Therefore removin' her from the hero act for a while, and givin' villains MORE of a chance to succeed with their plans.

@FadeToBlackBolt
    1. VILLAINS want to get rid of her.
    2. I said ANY MALE VILLAIN.
    3. Her bein' a heroine is exactly WHY a villain would rape her.
    4. Doesn't matter how they characterize her. If she's supposedly the "Best Female Character"...then it would hit her harder if she WAS raped.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Rabbit_May_Cry: Or she would use it to make her an even better hero 
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @joshmightbe: Doubtful...
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

Another thing maybe keeping a villain whose capable of it from doing it could be fear of the repercussions like what Superman, Batman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, and the entire Amazon nation would do to them if the even attempted it  

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Rabbit_May_Cry: One thing you failed to consider anyone who tried to do this to her would literally have to kill her to accomplish it because it would be completely out of her character to submit to this in any way
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @joshmightbe: There ARE paralysis drugs that could be shot into her you know. Not to mention everyone you just named Had reasons to kill before...but DIDN'T. So no-one has to fear any of them.
    Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Telcalipoca

villains are a  bad bunch committing robbery, human experiments, genocide, torture, etc. but only a few have being shown to add rape to their list of evil deeds.the only villain ive known to add rape is doctor light and he isnt strong enough to kill WW which you need to be.it  is one thing to kill a person but to rape them? youre going to have to be many times stronger than them to accomplish this and WW is as strong as they come.WW is an amazon if she is being over power and thinks youre going to get your way with he,r her no killing inorder to abide by mans rules will go right out the window.A WW with blood as her sight is something few people in the world would be able to stop.And even  if it were to happen she wouldnt be shocked and break down ,she isnt some average will power woman shes an amazon the strongest amazon bred for war since childhood. diana would go out for that person head then put it on a pike and if any superhero were to stand in her way id feel sorry for them.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Rabbit_May_Cry: Why do people always think death is the worst that could happen to a person?
    Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because that would a bad story.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#15  Edited By RazzaTazz

This may be the stupidest topic I have ever seen on CV.  I would feel insulted if it weren't so stupid.   

By the way I am pretty sure G-Man doesn't like you taking his blog title and then using it for this topic.  

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Much as I appreciate that you have put logic into the OP instead of just a dramatic title, its an offensive title and a subject that does not need to be discussed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.