Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Off My Mind: When Will Wonder Woman Return to Her Old Costume?

• 156 results
    Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
    GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

I really dont mind the new costume.  I mean the jacket is kind of stupid but other than that its fine.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By WDW

Come on the NEW Costume is clearly much better than the old costume based on style, practicality, and meaning with or without the new story direction

The only argument to keep the Old Costume is for its ICONIC Status, or sexual reasons.

People complain that the New Story line is a marketing scheme ETC ETC but honestly her old costume is the BIGGEST marketing scheme in the history of comics! specifically designed for World War 2 era comic book sales! and now some people are complaining that the NEW Costume and direction is a shameless marketing stunt to sell more comics? SHEESH so what! DC comic's has milked her old costume for 70 years as a shameless marketing stunt PEOPLE! 

There is no reason why Wonder Woman needs to wear her old costume.... infact her old costume is a walking contradiction... its really annoying.

I can't see how anybody that actually READS Wonder Womans Comics are not bothered by the fact that her costume is an obvious star spangaled American Flag....adorned with an American Bald Eagle crest! yet she is the furthest thing from American as you can get and still call yourself HUMAN!

And those of you that just like getting off on Wonder Woman's half naked body, I think its REALLY sad lol

AetherMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By AetherMaster

Consider that Superman isn't even from our planet, yet he still represents America. It's the same thing for Wonder Woman.

HumanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By HumanX
    @Vitality:
    I like the jacket. It wold be better if she would loose it in fights or something. I like it when there's a peice of costume that the hero can loose when they are beat up.
    yeopop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 14

#155  Edited By yeopop

Bring back the old one she looks like a biker with the new one.
    Dismall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Dismall

I really dont like the new costume and hope they change it back soon.  its just not wonder woman in this new costume.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.