Non continuity comic series

#1 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

What Wonder Woman fans really need right now is a non continuity series like legends of the dark knight or the new upcoming adventures of superman digital series. Some of my favourite stories with these characters were outside continuity whether it be the animated tie in issues like those that tied into batman and superman the animated series, the current beyond universe digital series or just a standard title like batman confidential of JLA classified. There really needs to be an out if continuity series and it could bring new fans while it can also bring back old fans who were scared off by the reboot.

#2 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skewer said:

What Wonder Woman fans really need right now is a non continuity series like legends of the dark knight or the new upcoming adventures of superman digital series. Some of my favourite stories with these characters were outside continuity whether it be the animated tie in issues like those that tied into batman and superman the animated series, the current beyond universe digital series or just a standard title like batman confidential of JLA classified. There really needs to be an out if continuity series and it could bring new fans while it can also bring back old fans who were scared off by the reboot.

seconded.

Hey I don´t know if you´ve had a look at this http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/vote-for-ww-on-justice-league-battle-forum-make-sure-she-wins/92-749335/#48 but check it out and spread the word if you´re interested. Maybe we can try and send this idea to DC.

#3 Posted by TheCannon (19482 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd read it.

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

They are doing an Earth 1 Wonder Woman

#5 Posted by Press Oblivion (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this is the complete antithesis of what I said here . . .

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/sensation-comics-as-a-digitial-series/92-749298/#10

@Press Oblivion said:

Unlike the current Wonder Woman title, both Flash and Aquaman are firmly placed inside the DCU. If a Wonder Woman digital series in the vein of what they are doing with Legend of the Dark Knight and Adventures of Superman would be a squandering of the potential of getting into the peripheral nuances of Diana's world as it relates to her place in the N52. There are too many questions that I would rather they spend their production money trying to address than adding "lost adventures" to the gold and red Wonder Woman incarnation.

My objection isn't so much to a digital series as it is to making sure that any peripheral series isn't just a collection of non-linear stories.

@Press Oblivion said:

And that story is a fun read and J.H. is such a stunning illustrator. I'm talking about a Wonder Woman centric publication featuring what's happening in Wonder Woman's world. How did she come about an apartment in London? What were the nuances of her relationship with Trevor? Does she have an Amazonian relationship with Zealot? What's her opinion of Wonder Girl and her relationship to Helena Sandsmark? Where are her Rogues?

These things aren't going to be covered in a guest appearance in someone else's comic . . . and sadly it appears that they won't in her own title either. . . so if there is going to be an additional title, digital or print, I think it would be beneficial to have it set in the N52. The Batman and Superman titles are peripheral to the N52 and I don't want to see that for Wonder Woman at this point.

#6 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio

I would read more WW (especially in a continuity where she is not SM's girlfriend) but I am not sure that a second WW series would work. Maybe it would be easier to do like with Batman and expand her supporting cast and give one of them a series where she could show up regularly.

#7 Posted by Press Oblivion (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

Why wouldn't a second Wonder Woman series work? I don't see any reason to give a peripheral character a title when she so readily deserves another book.

#8 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion said:

Why wouldn't a second Wonder Woman series work? I don't see any reason to give a peripheral character a title when she so readily deserves another book.

I just dont think the sales potential is there. DC keeps trying out its "new ideas" which are really just recycled ideas. It is unlikely to try anything too creative though, as they dont like to take chances it seems.

#9 Posted by Press Oblivion (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps they don't like taking chances on Wonder Woman but they have been taking a lot of chances on other characters with no proof of market support. I think that there is more potential for a second Wonder Woman title than most are giving credit for.

#10 Posted by Crucible248 (25 posts) - - Show Bio
@Press Oblivion: Agreed, there is tremendous potential for a second series, DC really needs to start believing in the character. It wouldn't hurt to introduce some supporting characters that aren't gods as well. I don't understand why Donna Troy is shelved for one, either.

Dc released  "Wonder Woman Adventures"  back in Sept. of last year I believe, and it was really good. It was done in an animated style which was very cool. With all the Bat and Supes books out there how can it hurt to have another WW one?
#11 Posted by Press Oblivion (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crucible248: yup, here's to hoping :)

#12 Posted by ten4now (15 posts) - - Show Bio

i wont to see her in a more bloody battle with superman level bad guys, show us more of her raw power and amazon style of fighting. with wonder girl helping.

#13 Posted by Press Oblivion (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.