No Jamie Alexander as WW After All?

#1 Posted by Hastalavista (347 posts) - - Show Bio

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/batman-superman-1200665552/

Can't say that I am not disappointed. Just start to think she's got the look and interest in comics.

#2 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm not my first choice but she would have been acceptable.

#3 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11529 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaimie was never confirmed for the role in the place -.-

there's no point in listening to rumors, it could literally be ANYONE

just wait until the studio, actress or director announces it.

#4 Posted by Dernman (13989 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan of hers but she was wrong for the part.

#5 Posted by RustyRoy (9193 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Agreed.

And these are just rumors, nobody thought Affleck was going to be Batman, everyone who were rumored to play the role turned out to be false.

#6 Posted by TazzMission (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

how so? shed be perfect

#7 Edited by Dernman (13989 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@dernman said:

how so? shed be perfect

Nah she's not. She has the wrong natural charisma/presence and does not fit the body type. She does not project natural strength, imposing, or wise figure. She comes off as acted instead of being natural.

Now I'm not trying to be harsh when I say this just honest. It also doesn't speak of a person's true character ones you get to know them or what's on this inside. It's just something people superficially project without having to do with what they actually are or behave.

If she entered a group with no leader I wouldn't automatically look to her for leadership or wisdom. If she threatened me I most likely feel the urge to laugh in her face despite out threatening she might be. Sure some acting can help, camera, directing can fake it but you can't escape what you have. Though major body reconstruction can help some people. Lets not forget she doesn't the physique for the role. I would be afraid to push her too hard or she'll get hurt.

Now I'm not saying Gina Garano should get the roll. She falls short in other areas but she's got the believable physique that projects that strength. (I really wouldn't want to mess with her) Not sure if her charisma/presence projects that also because I only saw her in two movies.

Jamie Alexander at best might be able to fake an agile fighter but not the type of power fighter Wonder Woman is.

Now of course you have your opinion but this one is mine.

#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15747 posts) - - Show Bio

Megan Fox with the big boobies for the win!

#9 Edited by TazzMission (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@tazzmission said:

@dernman said:

how so? shed be perfect

Nah she's not. She has the wrong natural charisma/presence and does not fit the body type. She does not project natural strength, imposing, or wise figure. She comes off as acted instead of being natural.

Now I'm not trying to be harsh when I say this just honest. It also doesn't speak of a person's true character ones you get to know them or what's on this inside. It's just something people superficially project without having to do with what they actually are or behave.

If she entered a group with no leader I wouldn't automatically look to her for leadership or wisdom. If she threatened me I most likely feel the urge to laugh in her face despite out threatening she might be. Sure some acting can help, camera, directing can fake it but you can't escape what you have. Though major body reconstruction can help some people. Lets not forget she doesn't the physique for the role. I would be afraid to push her too hard or she'll get hurt.

Now I'm not saying Gina Garano should get the roll. She falls short in other areas but she's got the believable physique that projects that strength. (I really wouldn't want to mess with her) Not sure if her charisma/presence projects that also because I only saw her in two movies.

im sorry but shes more believable than the other 3 rumored choices. wonder woman isnt this sexy eye candy hero. shes a bad ass amazon and imo jamie is the only one who can fit that role. have you even seen the other 3 rumored names? there super models

#10 Edited by Dernman (13989 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

im sorry but shes more believable than the other 3 rumored choices.

Even if it were true saying she is more believable than the other three rumored choices doesn't help her much considering how short they fall in suitability.

wonder woman isnt this sexy eye candy hero shes a bad ass amazon.

That we both agree with. That's why I want someone who projects that in both physicality and in presence.

imo jamie is the only one who can fit that role.

That's where our opinions differ. I don't believe she does.

have you even seen the other 3 rumored names? there super models

Yes and I'm disappointed with each one of them. I'd rather they keep looking than settle for what may or may not be the best of the bunch.

#11 Posted by Hastalavista (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Wonder woman is not her boobs. If boobs are all you want, watch something else.

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15747 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Hastalavista (347 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15747 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: this pretty lady has the physicals to play wonder woman:

#15 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15747 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Dernman (13989 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: I'm not scared of Ben Affleck yet he's Batman... You're point doesn't really make sense. Why should the actress playing WW intimidate you to be able to play an intimidating character?

#18 Edited by Dernman (13989 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@dernman: I'm not scared of Ben Affleck yet he's Batman... You're point doesn't really make sense. Why should the actress playing WW intimidate you to be able to play an intimidating character?

My point make perfect sense. Perhaps it's just you. You saying that about Affleck doesn't make sense though.just because someone was cast in a role doesn't mean that are right for the part. Not saying he is or isn't right.

Because if they're not intimidating then they can't fully play an intimidating character. Acting is only half the job of fitting a character or they could choose any actress who can act to play any role. Part if it is natural projection. Someone can be a great actor but no matter what they do can't be a certain type because no matter how good they are because they are limited by themselves and their own qualities. It could be physical or something else.

Take a young Billy Murry for example. Now I'm not saying he is some great actor but say he was. There is no way I would ever buy him in the role of Conan the Barbarian even if he bulked up. There is no way I would buy Bobcat Goldthwait (again not saying he's a good actor) as some lothario who can seduce the hottest woman in the world just by walking into the room.

People have a presence about them. Thats both physical and natural charisma. Now acting can bring them to many different places but it can't bring them too all.

#19 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I would've liked her

#20 Edited by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: are you seriously comparing bill Murray as conan the barbarian to Jaimie Alexander beiNg WW? Lol nice try

#21 Edited by Dernman (13989 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@dernman: are you seriously comparing bobcat goldthwaite as conan the barbarian to Jaimie Alexander beiNg WW? Lol nice try

I don't have to try. They are both characters that don't fit the roles because of their own natural self. One might be greater than the other but that was purposely done provide you with an obvious and undeniable example so you can understand my point since you're having such a hard time getting it. Nice attempt in trying invalidate what I said though. :p

#22 Posted by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: eh, you did that to yourself

#23 Edited by Dernman (13989 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@dernman: eh, you did that to yourself

Not even a little bit of that is true.

#24 Posted by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: I like looking at your avatar thinking that's how it looks right before my avatar eats it.

#25 Edited by Ace20XD6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: So in your opinion the same actress who plays Sif the Asgardian warrior in Thor is not the right person to play the Amazon princess Wonder Woman?

#26 Edited by Dernman (13989 posts) - - Show Bio

@ace20xd6 said:

@dernman: So in your opinion the same actress who plays Sif the Asgardian warrior in Thor is not the right person to play the Amazon princess Wonder Woman?

Yes but then again I was also of the opinion that she wasn't right for Sif either. Don't get me wrong. She was entertaining and fun to watch I just didn't buy her as an Asgardian Warrior. She's a twig with no muscles. Beautiful though as she is she's not much different than those actresses Tazz was talking about and the reasons they are bad. She might be easier to fake being an quick/agile warrior but not one who immediately looks like she has strength/power in her from the first moment you see her without doing anything.

#27 Posted by RustyRoy (9193 posts) - - Show Bio

@ace20xd6 said:

You sound like you think the person who played Thor would be good for playing Superman.

#28 Posted by Ace20XD6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Good point, I guess I should have mention their hair styles are nearly the same.

#29 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (654 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@tazzmission said:

@dernman said:

how so? shed be perfect

im sorry but shes more believable than the other 3 rumored choices. wonder woman isnt this sexy eye candy hero. shes a bad ass amazon and imo jamie is the only one who can fit that role. have you even seen the other 3 rumored names? there super models

What's wrong with supermodels? When did it become cool to like ugly chicks?

#30 Posted by DarthKellie (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I was told Marvel wouldn't allow Jamie to play as WW. I was really hoping they would cast her, but I can see the conflict between being in Thor AND DC's Wonder Woman.

#31 Posted by deaditegonzo (3377 posts) - - Show Bio

Im really glad she didnt get it, she was always one of my least favourite options.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.