Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

New set pics have emerged

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Since the announcement of the Wonder Woman film many have speculated about what time period the film would take place in. Well now it seems we have confirmation that at least part of the film will take in World War 1 with these new set pics.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So WW a Female Soilder cause that cool

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome so far. Glad to see things are moving forward and I can't wait for the next SDCC so we can get a trailer.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Archizooom

Chris Pine looks pretty hot, they make a really cute couple, can't wait to see more, know more

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: yes!!! I wonder how long it will be since it will be on TV.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Archizooom

@mrtummytumms: It'll drop online in no time, I'm watching it on tuesday morning anyway, Gotham airs in the middle of the night here

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Oh goody, a Wonder Woman film that's a dreary and serious period piece, full of browns, grays and drab olive greens, set in a place where the sun rarely shines. *sarcasm*

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I always found WW1 more interesting than WW2 (World War not Wonder Woman btw)

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always found WW1 more interesting than WW2 (World War not Wonder Woman btw)

I don't, World War 2 has Tojo, Mussolini and Hitler against Churchill, Stalin and Roosevelt, they're interesting individually and fascinating as a group of opposing personalities. Also Nazis are the best villains in all of history.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@scorpio_cassadine: Yes, it is a very dreary color pallette and likely going to be humorless since this is DCEU. It still looks pretty cool in my opinion and Im interested to see what they are going to do with her.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted something to capture the imagination of girls and women everywhere, along with enough 300 style action, amazing super heroics and sex appeal to get men and boys on board.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By alsummers

Dreary color pallette? You all realize that those are just plain old photographs of the set right? Not actual footage or film? I mean come on guys, I don't want to insult anyone's intelligence, but this should be obvious.

Civil War leaked set photos were pretty much colorless as well (because...you know...reality), but yes, we have the beautiful magic of film touchups to fix it. So making judgements about the look of the film based on secondhand set photos is kind of...for the lack of a better term...stupid.

Also, since WWII has been done at least five thousand times before, and probably five thousand times again, I would take WWI over WWII any day. At least it shows something new. Nazis are unimaginative and overused villains.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreary color pallette? You all realize that those are just plain old photographs of the set right? Not actual footage or film? I mean come on guys, I don't want to insult anyone's intelligence, but this should be obvious.

Civil War leaked set photos were pretty much colorless as well (because...you know...reality), but yes, we have the beautiful magic of film touchups to fix it. So making judgements about the look of the film based on secondhand set photos is kind of...for the lack of a better term...stupid.

Also, since WWII has been done at least five thousand times before, and probably five thousand times again, I would take WWI over WWII any day. At least it shows something new. Nazis are unimaginative and overused villains.

Point 1, World War 2 is her actual origin

Point 2, We've all seen MoS and remember how dreary it was, so we're speaking from experience, past is prologue

Point 3, The set photos were released on purpose, if not officially sanctioned by DC/WB they were "leaked" to give us something to talk about

Point 4, All the movie magic in the world won't change the costumes, color palette and set design of a film shot specifically to look like a certain time period and for spurious realism

Point 5, If Nazis are overused it's because they're such great villains they practically write themselves

Point 6, At the time of her debut, Nazis were what Wonder Woman was known for fighting

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By alsummers

@scorpio_cassadine: counterpoint A: they are clearly doing her n52 origin with a different blend. Her original origin does not apply here.

Counterpoint B: You're judging this film already based on a movie that came out 3 years ago? Let's say that you're right about the tone then why are you so surprised when you're already making assumptions based on MoS

Counterpoint C: so I guess they should make WWI garments pink and turquoise then because screw historical accuracy.

Counterpoint D: purposefully leaked or not they are still just photos taken from the lens of the real world not cinematic. Sorry real world London isnt over saturated enough

Counterpoint E: Nazis are good villains but still overused. If you want to set WW apart from Captain America and every other period piece film then Nazis probably won't instill that separation.

Counterpoint F: it's war. War is not supposed to be fun light and colorful, especially WWI. If Diana's goal is to stop war, making it fun and light isn't an appropriate representation for that kind of character development.

Maybe I'm just not as cynical as others around here and tend to not judge films based on set photos. If I did I don't think I could enjoy anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.