Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

New Grant Morrison Interview

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dmessmer
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

This is a very revealing interview from Morrison. Not only does it give interesting tips on the premise and concepts for his Wonder Woman graphic novel but he reveals his typical understanding of the history and genesis of the character in the Golden Age. Also, the sad news of his cat and mum dying might explain his slight lax in quality on Action Comics and Batman Inc Volume 2. Not that they weren't good or great or damn well enjoyable but they lacked a bit of Morrison's usual finesse.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmessmer: ah lesbein diana i knew this day would come. well then...my body is ready

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jphulk26

sounds very interesting.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@lvenger: I think it still had that Morrison finesse, because Morrison's finesse usually means if you're reading his issues month to month, instead of reading it all in one sitting, you're going to be lost, and Action still had that in my opinion.

tec79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have read Morrison stories month to month for roughly 20 years and have never been lost. Reading every issue in one sitting or trade for that matter will not provide anyone with a better understanding it is the entertainment value and the multiple read throughs that allows for the layered and nuanced stories to be told.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gokuwarrior

@dmessmer:i don't trust in that man,and seeing some trolls on that page is ironic,they say she is a boring character but they are following an article about her,the power of wonder woman,even without her own animated series or movie on the big screen,even without a top 10 seller,she still makes people go crazy about her for bad and for good,so forgotten issomething she will never be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.