Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

new 52 WW destined to be a supporting role?.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

have you read issue 24?,why azz keeps dissapointing me?,another whole issue where WW seems to be just there and nothing more,caught up in the middle of a god drama,she haa few lines about how she feels sorry about this and how she doesn't like that,always something related to what other people do and then what?,nothing,there is never something focused on her,why does it seem that this diana can't ever make a point about anything?,why does it feel that she is always the type of chracter that is just there,being in the middle of other people's conflicts instead of being the leading role?,why all the things that happen to her are things related to other people,and problems from other people while her own persona and life are never the center of atention?,we are near the end of 2013 and i haven't any memorable moment for diana in this story,only supporting role,that's all i see from her in this run,and sorry but i have had more than enough patience,2 years of waiting for her to take a more active role about the things going around her,and nothing,still nothing.

another thing,zola hitting hermes,since when gods can be hurt by humans?,why is azz implying that a human can hit a god when wonder woman was supposed to have a difficult time fighting that chicken?.

i don't know if i can keep the hope much longer.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
    Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did Azzy give Hermes chicken feet in the first place....

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't know,but it was funny to see zola hitting hermes,because azz fans always like to talk about how badass diana is for fighting gods,gods that can be slapped by regular humans yet diana was supposed to have a hard time fighting him?.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
    Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@gokuwarrior: I cannot imagine why Azzy keeps doing this, sooner or later Zola or some random human is going to one shot Orion or the first born

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: I cannot imagine why Azzy keeps doing this, sooner or later Zola or some random human is going to one shot Orion or the first born

i wouldn't be surprise,azz doesn't care about logic,and that's not even the biggest problem,my biggest problem is that he turned diana into a supporting character,she is just there all the time,everything is about the gods,the baby,she is always in the middle and her character is never the center of atention,she s a supporting character always reacting to things that happen to other people,and the title is supposed to be hers?.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By whygamespot

She is reactive, that's the problem. When Hermes dragged her to olympus, it should have been a great chance for her to ask questions. But no, she was too much a lady to be chatty. And I don't understand how on earth did she not discuss with Hera about the whole incident about Zues's whereabouts, or how can Hera get her power back, or what they should do with the other gods... She IS part of the god family now, no matter how much she hate to to be. She should have the guts to stand out, figure out what's going on, and take charge. Who is she waiting for any way? A prince to save the day?!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PowerWoman

She isnt a supporting role,but....who know Azz'want to do what

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

The current run feels a lot like a middle ground between Stan Lee's "improved" Batmobile on the Simpsons and all the dreadful movie stuff in issue #25 V3 (Simone)

Loading Video...

http://www.michaelmayadventureblog.com/2008/10/wonder-woman-25.html

No Caption Provided

"We made her dumb, violent, reactive, clueless about her own background and saddled her with a bunch of tired old clichés we had lying around that have long been subverted and lampshaded in previous runs, but since we are chronologically more recent we must be definition be doing a better job. We didn't break her, we made her more better !"

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By veronicacris

@ancient_0f_days said:

i don't know,but it was funny to see zola hitting hermes,because azz fans always like to talk about how badass diana is for fighting gods,gods that can be slapped by regular humans yet diana was supposed to have a hard time fighting him?.

It was only a slap, not big deal

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Don't know, don't care. I enjoy the book

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Brian Azzarello must laugh himself to sleep every time an issue of the new series is released.

Comic Fans:" Wah, wah, wah, I hate what he's doing to Diana."

Comic Shop Guy: "That'lll be $2.99 plus tax."

Angry Fan: "Okay, thanks."

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Bruxae

Azz is ass.

No but seriously, he was okay at first but hes been on WAY to long, this baby story needs to end now and a new writer be put in charge. Its really getting dull.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

i don't know,but it was funny to see zola hitting hermes,because azz fans always like to talk about how badassdiana is for fighting gods,gods that can be slapped by regular humans yet diana was supposed to have a hard time fighting him?.

Has it by any chance dawned on you that perhaps Hermes just took that blow because he wanted to take it?

Besides, that he turns his head is no indication it hurt him. Apollo took a shotgun blast to the back of the head and it did nothing, neither did ramming him with a pickup truck. And ofc Artemis only turned her head slightly when Lennox punched her.

@hastalavista said:

She is reactive, that's the problem.

In case you haven't noticed, just about every superhero, ever, is in that particular boat since they can't stop crime if it's not committed.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'm hoping now that the god damn baby arc is finally over and she is the new God of War we'll get some better stories. When they first announced what they were doing with her in the New 52 they said they'd have her at odds with the Olympians. I'm ready for some good god fights. Don't know about you guys. New 52 Wonder Woman sucks. Her origin and the Amazons and the Olympians. Her solo title is terrible and her Justice League appearances have their moments. Superman/Wonder Woman surprised me so I'm hopeful with that.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

And the bitching and whining about Azz's Wonder Woman continues...

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i prefer her in superman/wonder woman so i dropped this title. Its too much now and this made me see i made the right decision. Alas i hope it gets better since i'm a big wonder woman fan, but the disconnection from the rest of the DCnU and lack of plot development is getting to me.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

i don't know,but it was funny to see zola hitting hermes,because azz fans always like to talk about how badassdiana is for fighting gods,gods that can be slapped by regular humans yet diana was supposed to have a hard time fighting him?.

Has it by any chance dawned on you that perhaps Hermes just took that blow because he wanted to take it?

Besides, that he turns his head is no indication it hurt him. Apollo took a shotgun blast to the back of the head and it did nothing, neither did ramming him with a pickup truck. And ofc Artemis only turned her head slightly when Lennox punched her.

@hastalavista said:

She is reactive, that's the problem.

In case you haven't noticed, just about every superhero, ever, is in that particular boat since they can't stop crime if it's not committed.

i don't care,biggest problem is that he turned diana into a supporting character,she is just there all the time,everything is about the gods,the baby,she is always in the middle and her character is never the center of atention,she is a supporting character always reacting to things that happen to other people,and the title is supposed to be hers.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

And the bitching and whining about Azz's Wonder Woman continues...

and you keep acting like if azz run is so perfect,accoeding to you it's getting better every issue,so you like WW being a supporting character in her own book.

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i prefer her in superman/wonder woman so i dropped this title. Its too much now and this made me see i made the right decision. Alas i hope it gets better since i'm a big wonder woman fan, but the disconnection from the rest of the DCnU and lack of plot development is getting to me.

If you haven't noticed yet Azzarello has wrapped up the first half of the Oracles' fated prophecy with Diana's slaying of Ares to stop the First-Born. A child of Zeus has slain another to take his place, so now we're on to the second half of the prophecy and it's foretelling of a great war that will consume all of Olympus, the plot has developed.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gokuwarrior

@netshyster:if you haven't noticed,diana is still a supporting character in her own book,she is always reacting to things that happen to other people,always caught up in the middle of the other people's problem,she has been turned into the type of character that is just there,her own character has never been the center of atention in this whol story,she is merely seen as the intrusive nanny.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gokuwarrior

@powerwoman said:

She isnt a supporting role,but....who know Azz'want to do what

diana is a supporting character in her own book,she is always reacting to things that happen to other people,always caught up in the middle of the other people's problem,she has been turned into the type of character that is just there,her own character has never been the center of atention in this whol story,she is merely seen as the intrusive nanny.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I am not saying she should stop crimes ahead, I am saying she's reactive in her LIFE. She doesn't have a rational plan, she doesn't ask enough questions. Basically I agree with gokuwarrior to some extent. She's more like a witness than a hero who takes controls.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Outside_85

i don't care,biggest problem is that he turned diana into a supporting character,she is just there all the time,everything is about the gods,the baby,she is always in the middle and her character is never the center of atention,she is a supporting character always reacting to things that happen to other people,and the title is supposed to be hers.

We clearly aren't reading the same book.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

We clearly aren't reading the same book.

oh yes we are,but you just don't want to admit that i say the truth,everything has been about the baby,the gods,nothing about diana,the amazons,her conflict with them,nothing,her character and her own problems have never been the center of atention.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gokuwarrior

@hastalavista:i just don't understand why azz fans don't admit it,everything has been about the baby,the gods,nothing about diana,the amazons,her conflict with them,nothing,her character and her own problems have never been the center of atention.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: I have to admit that other than Diana's lack of emotions/proactions and the Amazon history crap, Azz's story is interesting. At least the story is generally the most readable among New52 to me. And Diana did show some wonder woman characteristics in some details like protecting her San sister, etc. There is still chance to make up what has left undone. Just hope Azz will address those things quickly and convincingly. Otherwise the series will be like a beautiful picture with big holes and bugs on it.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sh*t up or dead!

Seriously, I'm tired of complaining, tired of the new 52WW, Just let us ignore it.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By whygamespot

@powerwoman: complaining is a part of the fun now, chill ;)

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster:if you haven't noticed,diana is still a supporting character in her own book,she is always reacting to things that happen to other people,always caught up in the middle of the other people's problem,she has been turned into the type of character that is just there,her own character has never been the center of atention in this whol story,she is merely seen as the intrusive nanny.

Yeah, that's because the story isn't about Diana but the entire Olympian family (including Diana).

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

Yeah, that's because the story isn't about Diana but the entire Olympian family (including Diana).

no the story is about the baby,and gods wanting to take control,diana is not part of the conflict,diana's character is not the center of atention,she is just there,in the middle of other people's problems,she never had and still doesn't have any concern about her olympian family,she just happens to find herself in the middle of the conflict between the baby and them.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: I have to admit that other than Diana's lack of emotions/proactions and the Amazon history crap, Azz's story is interesting. At least the story is generally the most readable among New52 to me. And Diana did show some wonder woman characteristics in some details like protecting her San sister, etc. There is still chance to make up what has left undone. Just hope Azz will address those things quickly and convincingly. Otherwise the series will be like a beautiful picture with big holes and bugs on it.

azz is not a good writter for WW,he already admited that he doesn't want to write a superhero WW,he wants to writte her as a drama/horror series,so don't expect too much from him,i spent 2 years giving him the befefit of the doubt,2 years giving him the chance to answer all the questions he left without answers,to make diana take a more active role,and still,nothing,nothing.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: We all know Azz is not a good writter for ww,he should be write the sandman

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: We all know Azz is not a good writter for ww,he should be write the sandman

who knows what he is going to do next,i don't have expections anymore.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was a standalone comic, I would give it two thumbs up, it's a nice tale of the Greek Gods in a contemporary setting, too bad Wonder Woman feels like she was inserted after the thought.

She has no personality, no grip on her own story (technically it's not even her own story), everybody hates her, and most of her distinctive features are not shown, merely mentioned in dialogue. It's like somebody is redesigning Wonder Woman to be a custom-fit movie role for Kirsten Stewart ...

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster said:

@gokuwarrior said:

no the story is about the baby,and gods wanting to take control,diana is not part of the conflict,diana's character is not the center of atention,she is just there,in the middle of other people's problems,she never had and still doesn't have any concern about her olympian family,she just happens to find herself in the middle of the conflict between the baby and them.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm saying except this part: "diana is not part of the conflict." She is a part of the conflict because the prophecy involves her, like it does all the Gods of Olympus whether they want it too or not. Their involvement in the story is decided by fate, and Diana, regardless of her defiance and opposition to its will, has already played one of her parts in its development by killing Ares. That part of the prophecy was about her. (and I'm sure that's not her only role in the scheme of things to come)

So to say the story doesn't involve her is stupid. She isn't the central character of the conflict, but she's an important piece on the board (or a better metaphor would be puppet on a string) whose full import on the story has yet to be revealed. Just sit back, stop winging and enjoy the ride.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster:She has no personality, no grip on her own story (technically it's not even her own story), everybody hates her, and most of her distinctive features are not shown, merely mentioned in dialogue. It's like somebody is redesigning Wonder Woman to be a custom-fit movie role for Kirsten Stewart.

keppitein_zeppos said it very well.

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster:She has no personality, no grip on her own story (technically it's not even her own story), everybody hates her, and most of her distinctive features are not shown, merely mentioned in dialogue. It's like somebody is redesigning Wonder Woman to be a custom-fit movie role for Kirsten Stewart.

Dis you read my reply or did you just post that instantly in response?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

i read it,and that was my response.

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster said:

@gokuwarrior said:

Why can't you just enjoy this run for what it is? You already know that Azzarello is doing something totally contrary to the norm with the character, so why continually judge it by standards that it will never meet and really doesn't care about meeting?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

@netshyster said:

@gokuwarrior said:

Why can't you just enjoy this run for what it is? You already know that Azzarello is doing something totally contrary to the norm with the character, so why continually judge it by standards that it will never meet and really doesn't care about meeting?

because he shouldn't be trying to reinvent her,he should writte stories based on what has been established and made her unique.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh yes we are,but you just don't want to admit that isay the truth,everything has been about the baby,the gods,nothing about diana,the amazons,her conflict with them,nothing,her character and her own problems have never been the center of atention.

You have very little to do with truth with all the whining you do. On the other hand you have a ton of oppinion you try to squeeze into every thread. The book is squarely centered on Diana, everyone else is flying around in the storm thats currently surrounding her, sometimes they get closer to her, other times they drift away and War just drifted all the way away.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

oh yes we are,but you just don't want to admit that isay the truth,everything has been about the baby,the gods,nothing about diana,the amazons,her conflict with them,nothing,her character and her own problems have never been the center of atention.

You have very little to do with truth with all the whining you do. On the other hand you have a ton of oppinion you try to squeeze into every thread. The book is squarely centered on Diana, everyone else is flying around in the storm thats currently surrounding her, sometimes they get closer to her, other times they drift away and War just drifted all the way away.

the book is not centered on diana,it's the baby and the gods,she is merely a witness,She has no personality, no grip on her own story, everybody hates her,and most of her distinctive features are not shown, merely mentioned in dialogue. It's like somebody is redesigning Wonder Woman to be a custom-fit movie role for Kirsten Stewart.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the book is not centered on diana,it's the baby and the gods,she is merely a witness,She has no personality, no grip on her own story, everybody hates her,and most of her distinctive features are not shown, merely mentioned in dialogue. It's like somebody is redesigning Wonder Woman to be a custom-fit movie role for Kirsten Stewart.

Like I said, we arent reading the same book.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

Like I said, we arent reading the same book.

yes we are,you like her being a witness,hercules ripped off,passive and clueless,i like her being active,inteligent,powerful and determinated.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Outside_85

yes we are,you like her being a witness,hercules ripped off,passive and clueless,i like her being active,inteligent,powerful and determinated.

Which she is in the book I am reading.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

Which she is in the book I am reading.

no she is not,all the powerhouses have better feats than her,she is a witness not a hero,clueless not inteligent and determinated,she hasn't taken control over the situation,hasn't found a way to settle things,she is too busy reacting to other people's problems to take a a determinated role.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no she is not,all the powerhouses have better feats than her,she is a witness not a hero,clueless not inteligent and determinated,she hasn't taken control over the situation,hasn't found a way to settle things,she is too busy reacting to other people's problems to take a a determinated role.

How would you know? It's obvious you aren't reading the same book as most people, or you are just blinded by your own hatred you cant think rationally.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.