Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

New 52 Wonder Woman's power level seems nerfed

• 81 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ummm doomsday and superman are both above wonder woman. She is not suppose to be able to fight or beat doomsday. You are asking for doomsday to be nerfed and downgraded for wonder woman when he isn't even a wonder woman villian. Doomsday is supposed to be a challenge for superman, no way wonder woman should stand a chance. She is below superman and way below doomsday and complaining about her looking weak next to doomsday is silly. Deal with it.

What confirmation was even needed to know superman was above her? Its always been like that except when Diana was first created.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: i know. i know she used to fight along with her mother, her fellow amazons and the other jl members against Imperiex in Our Worlds at War, and she injected a part of her soul in Darkseid with the help of Raven. And Darkseid therefore had the potential of compassion and mercy. But guess what, all the other writers pretended that the thing never happened and Darkseid has been the same old dude. And that battle was ages ago. I wouldn't have liked WW so much if not for her past history. But now those were just the history. In new52 things are just crappy. There are certain highlights in her own title but there are also things I wish they never happened. I don't feel the passion and wisdom in her most of the time, and I am very disappointed...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: She was created as his equal but hasn't been that way for decades now. Don't ask me why, I don't write her. And doomsday was written weaker after he killed superman but this was his first appearance in new 52 so they had to make him stronger. Diana would get destroyed by the original doomsday from "Death of Superman." I personally don't care if Diana is as strong as Superman but she hasn't been for years and it is just silly imo when people try to say she is since she simply isn't anymore.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I agree. I can't think of any females stronger than Superman

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@agent41: I agree. I can't think of any females stronger than Superman

Nor is there any female hero clever as the Bat God or any female villain important as Darkseid or the Joker. Its systematic.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@agent41: She was created as his equal but hasn't been that way for decades now. Don't ask me why, I don't write her. And doomsday was written weaker after he killed superman but this was his first appearance in new 52 so they had to make him stronger. Diana would get destroyed by the original doomsday from "Death of Superman." I personally don't care if Diana is as strong as Superman but she hasn't been for years and it is just silly imo when people try to say she is since she simply isn't anymore.

Why there not have too much people like you?

A really fans and good man

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman Are you ok? Your posts suggest that you're either a troll, or someone with some kind of issues. Here you go in total adoration, praising someone's post that says "yeah, Wonder Woman hasn't been depicted as being as strong as him for years, so we might as well just accept it", as if it's coming from a divinely revealed deity of some kind.

Just who do you think you are to assume that you're some kind of savior to a group of comic book fans thinking we need some kind of divine knowledge or redemption? Get a GRIP. No one here has time for that foolishness, nor is anyone here to be intentionally harassed by your blatantly offensive, inconsequential bating and brand of overzealous proselytizing. Go ahead and labor with that façade that you're some kind of "faux WW fan" while I seek to report you.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8: Hey,I just think that guy was right,

I did not sayanything in there
    WonderTot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wondertot he/she should mind their comments while I search for that report feature.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8: Why i need scared?I mean,WTF?

I really dont care what you doing,I would be keep my point in here,and that was true,there have people who agree my point,I'm happy to see wonder woman get really change and respect,but not today

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman Ugh, just fall back in the supergirl threads for Hera's sake!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#72 frozen  Moderator

Superman has two planetary feats under his belt in the New-52. I'm still waiting for Wonder Woman's.

WonderTot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8: please just ignore her, her comment is always about pre-52 SM/WW/SG, and she always talk about pushing planet blablabla, i feel sorry for her.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

And while Supermn is pushing planets around when it doesnt matter, we are still waiting for a non-Morrison story thats worth reading.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: are morrison's stories worth reading though? he's hit and miss for me. I'm sure his stories make perfect sense...in his head.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@archizoom: His run on action comics was weird and disjointed as all his stories were, but in the end it made sense, sorta.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jayc1324:

I think people get that Doomsday is much higher than WW level, we are just asking why. Of course WW has been weaker than Superman for some years, but the gap seems enormous after reading Doomed. A lot of WW fans are just annoyed/confused as to why she has got nerfed since the Bronze age of whenever it was, that she was more or less equal to Superman or at least close....

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I wouldn't know, I gave up halfway through

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look like Wonder Woman got a few haters

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 frozen  Moderator

@zhurong said:

Look like Wonder Woman got a few haters

The truth is not hate.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@frozen: Aquaman has better strength feats than WW does in the New 52. Though people usually stick their hands in the ears and scream "lalalalal".

Besides. She's got badass weapons and gear and is a great fighter. People get way to upset over WW not being strong enough.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@fallschirmjager: True he does, hell even new Black Adam who barely has any appearances stalemated Ultraman (New 52 Superman's equivalent) in his second fight, and slugged it out with him.

Her skill and equipment is what makes her a powerhouse and formidable, not her raw strength which quite honestly is overhyped.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Iron Man doesn't have many great strength feats either but yet he fight on par with Hulk, hell he even knocked him out before. The Doomsday showing is pointless, Doomsday has been written to beat the JL as a whole for decades. Maybe she should leave the JL and be a villain since you think she is not good enough for Superman. Batman doesn't have raw strength yet he beat people stronger than himself all the time. You think WW have to have raw strength just to be a interesting character?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.