New 52 wonder woman should be how strong?

Posted by PowerWoman (3423 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: New 52 wonder woman should be how strong? (129 votes)

As Strong As Superman 19%
Normal strength,but more skills 16%
Close superman in strength level 58%
Stronger than superman 8%

I'm like this picture

#1 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1329 posts) - - Show Bio

i say equal to superman and her enemy should mythical creature like the mother of all Greek monster Echidna and titans gods or even beyond the titan the primordial like Erebus and Nyx which well take her into space

#2 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

She should be close, but slightly short of Kryptonians. She should make up for this by being clearly more skilled than any Kryptonians. Shazam and her should basically make up the strength below Supes and his family.

#3 Posted by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Agree,but there even has people like Normal strength,wow

#4 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

as strong as superman.

#5 Posted by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted close to Superman. Because if she was as strong as Superman she now has her god mode which jeans she would be way stronger than Superman and I think that would be overkill.

#7 Edited by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: I forgot this one...so,normal woman a little bit weaker than superman,god mode's wonder woman as strong as superman?

#8 Edited by Outside_85 (9575 posts) - - Show Bio

Close to Superman, but skilled enough for it to not matter in a fight between them.

#9 Posted by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: If DC's skyfather as powerful as Marvel skyfather level, It is possible..Based on skyfather level=galaxies buster,wonder woman's god mode could be give superman a good match up

#11 Edited by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Strength wise it should go something like this

  • Citizen Steel - Physically strongest hero on Earth
  • Black Adam =/= Superman - Extremely Strong
  • Power Girl =/= Captain Marvel - Minimally just below Superman, but stronger than Wonder Woman
  • Wonder Woman - Very strong, but below the likes of Superman. Makes up for it by being the most skilled Melee fighter on the planet.
  • Martian Manhunter - Near Kryptonian levels physically, but significantly below the others regardless. Makes up for it with his plethora of other powers.
  • Supergirl - Very strong, and with time, stronger than Superman perhaps. But her cells having adapted to the sun properly yet
  • Uncle Sam - His power flutuates wildly, but at his strongest he should be able to deck it out with Kryptonian's comfortably.
  • Captain Atom - Just below a standard Kryptonian, but perhaps more durable physically than they are.
  • Big Barda - Like Wonder Woman, she may be significantly weaker than Superman, but her skill allows her to go toe to toe with the strongest.
  • Superboy - Similar potential to Supergirl, but half breed makes him weaker still.

#12 Edited by Lvenger (20772 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip: Why Citizen Steel first if you don't mind my asking? When did he show the potential to be that strong?

#13 Posted by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip: You points is awesome,I'm agree with you,i think supergirl,powergirl,wonder woman,shazam,black adam,superman they are in the same strength level,but different densities

The most serious problem is DC let superman strength level too crazy,I fear it will lose balance or go to stupid

#14 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: The most noticeable feat is definitely the Gog one which considering Kingdom Come Superman wasn't doing jack I think kinda speaks for itself. Although overall I will say that recent feats kinda put Citizen Steel into question (Supreman bench pressing Earth) so I can understand if people disagree with me.

Still, Superman doesn't need anything to hold him back, whereas if Steel HAS to have that suit, otherwise he'll just rip through people like literal paper.

Overall, Superman would beat him in a fight, but I still believe in an Arm wrestle Steel should have this one.

#15 Edited by Lvenger (20772 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip: Oh yeah him knocking Gog over. That was an impressive feat now that I remember it.

#16 Posted by dmessmer (367 posts) - - Show Bio

There needs to be a fifth option in this poll: Superhuman strength, but not close to Superman. My favorite versions of Wonder Woman are those that show that strength isn't the only way to be a superhero.

#17 Posted by Outside_85 (9575 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: I was actually saying normal WW is below Superman but skilled enough to disregard the difference. God-Mode WW would wipe the floor with him and the League.

#18 Edited by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

There needs to be a fifth option in this poll: Superhuman strength, but not close to Superman. My favorite versions of Wonder Woman are those that show that strength isn't the only way to be a superhero.

superhuman strength not close to superman would mean that she will be victim of bad writtin moments again,do you want to see her again in those situations where batman,deathstroke,poison ivy,charsie and other street level characters were owning her?,that's the concept of super human strength not close to superman,do you want to see wonder woman in those pathetic situations again?,that's how you want DC to treat her?,like the punching bag of street level characters?,plese not again.

#21 Posted by dmessmer (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Bad writing can ruin a character regardless of her powers.

I'm not saying she should be a lesser character than Superman, I'm saying her other powers should compensate for having less strength. She's a better fighter, she has her lasso and her bracelets - there are plenty of ways she could still go toe to toe with Superman.

But he can bench press more. That's all I'm saying

#22 Posted by kapitein_zeppos (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I always felt that one way of keeping Superman to manageable levels was to make him a solar battery, making him superhumanly powerful, but vulnerable to large artillery shells. He could sun dip if necessary to boost his power levels with the risk of overloading him or damaging him, but allowing for the wildest Silver Age feats if required.

Why not do the same with WW ? She's superhumanly tough and strong, but must invoke the gods to grant her extra power and it could go wrong in every possible way.

It allows you to keep these heroes within more realistic levels, while allowing for cosmic level action if required.

#23 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

@gokuwarrior: Bad writing can ruin a character regardless of her powers.

I'm not saying she should be a lesser character than Superman, I'm saying her other powers should compensate for having less strength. She's a better fighter, she has her lasso and her bracelets - there are plenty of ways she could still go toe to toe with Superman.

But he can bench press more. That's all I'm saying

bracelets,skills and lasso aren't powers,she should have a power level comparable to superman,i don't want to see her again getting humiliated by street level characters.

#24 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

I always felt that one way of keeping Superman to manageable levels was to make him a solar battery, making him superhumanly powerful, but vulnerable to large artillery shells. He could sun dip if necessary to boost his power levels with the risk of overloading him or damaging him, but allowing for the wildest Silver Age feats if required.

Why not do the same with WW ? She's superhumanly tough and strong, but must invoke the gods to grant her extra power and it could go wrong in every possible way.

It allows you to keep these heroes within more realistic levels, while allowing for cosmic level action if required.

wonder woman's powers should stay as blessings from the gods,not borrowed powers,and they don't need to run out of energy or that kind of limitations,they have more than enough people in their league that can fight them

#25 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she should be close to Superman in strength but skill wise, she's the dominant one.

It doesn't matter if she isn't strongest, her combat, speed, and reaction time make up for that.

If anything, that makes her more dangerous than Superman, possibly stronger ... Versatility wise.

But, with Captain Marvel, black Adam, etc ... I personally believe her strength is on the same level, and she's more dangerous.

#26 Edited by dshipp17 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

First, I think Superman should be limited to power levels that makes sense, such as displayed in Superman the Animated Series; however, I liked that Justice League episode (e.g. For the Man Who Has Everything?), where Superman and Wonder Woman took their respective turns fighting Mongul; there, Superman had the highest power levels, and Wonder Woman's just below; I believe this episode should have set the defining benchmark on the questions of power levels between Superman and Wonder Woman and Rucka's Wonder Woman's battle with Superman should have been prevented as not according to that precedent. Than, removing the bracelets should allow Wonder Woman to achieve a power level just above Superman's, but near the top of the Olympians, the lower level supernaturals (e.g. on the lower echelons of Angels and Demons). So cosmic threats would require a team effort by earth's superheros, similar to the way these issues are handled at Marvel, for whatever reason, including strength.

#27 Posted by dmessmer (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

@gokuwarrior: Bad writing can ruin a character regardless of her powers.

I'm not saying she should be a lesser character than Superman, I'm saying her other powers should compensate for having less strength. She's a better fighter, she has her lasso and her bracelets - there are plenty of ways she could still go toe to toe with Superman.

But he can bench press more. That's all I'm saying

bracelets,skills and lasso aren't powers,she should have a power level comparable to superman,i don't want to see her again getting humiliated by street level characters.

Well, flight is a superpower. And the bracelets themselves aren't superpowers, but the reflexes and speed she needs to use them are. Over the years she's had other powers, too - being able to communicate with animals, for instance. My point was simply that a character's ability to be powerful doesn't have to come down to brute strength. Being able to compel someone to tell the truth could be far more useful/devastating than being able to punch hard. The lasso might not be a power, but it is something granted to her because the Gods deemed her worthy, so it's still a big deal in the same way that Green Lantern's ring is a big deal.

I agree that being superhumanly strong is an important facet of the character, but how that strength stacks up to other superhumans is not the only way to determine what she's capable of, either as a fighter or as a superhero, so in my opinion it's not that important. I never really saw her fighting ability as being defined by her strength in the same way that it is for Superman.

As for your paranoia about her getting beaten by weaker characters - again, that is a product of the writing not her powers. She can be stronger than Superman and still get beat if the writer decides to write it that way. Batman has, after all, beaten Superman more than once.

#28 Edited by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl level is fine with her current abilities! DC won't make her stronger for the same reason MMH is not on the team: they want Superman to be the biggest gun on the JL, just like they want batman to be the incontestable Brains on the team!

#29 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@dmessmer said:

@gokuwarrior: Bad writing can ruin a character regardless of her powers.

I'm not saying she should be a lesser character than Superman, I'm saying her other powers should compensate for having less strength. She's a better fighter, she has her lasso and her bracelets - there are plenty of ways she could still go toe to toe with Superman.

But he can bench press more. That's all I'm saying

bracelets,skills and lasso aren't powers,she should have a power level comparable to superman,i don't want to see her again getting humiliated by street level characters.

Well, flight is a superpower. And the bracelets themselves aren't superpowers, but the reflexes and speed she needs to use them are. Over the years she's had other powers, too - being able to communicate with animals, for instance. My point was simply that a character's ability to be powerful doesn't have to come down to brute strength. Being able to compel someone to tell the truth could be far more useful/devastating than being able to punch hard. The lasso might not be a power, but it is something granted to her because the Gods deemed her worthy, so it's still a big deal in the same way that Green Lantern's ring is a big deal.

I agree that being superhumanly strong is an important facet of the character, but how that strength stacks up to other superhumans is not the only way to determine what she's capable of, either as a fighter or as a superhero, so in my opinion it's not that important. I never really saw her fighting ability as being defined by her strength in the same way that it is for Superman.

As for your paranoia about her getting beaten by weaker characters - again, that is a product of the writing not her powers. She can be stronger than Superman and still get beat if the writer decides to write it that way. Batman has, after all, beaten Superman more than once.

bad writting is lame,you have powers but you lose to a weaker opponent because the writter wants it that way?,that is lame,can't the writters put people in the same league to fight one another?,is really that simple,oh the stupid writters,time to use your brain a little bit more.

#30 Posted by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanet62:

@kapitein_zeppos: Agree

@dmessmer said:

@gokuwarrior: Bad writing can ruin a character regardless of her powers.

I'm not saying she should be a lesser character than Superman, I'm saying her other powers should compensate for having less strength. She's a better fighter, she has her lasso and her bracelets - there are plenty of ways she could still go toe to toe with Superman.

But he can bench press more. That's all I'm saying

When superman billion and billion and billion and billion times stronger than wonder woman,better fight cant help anything,seriously,New 52 superman is too strong,if wonder woman isnt close to him,she cant toe to toe with superman

#31 Posted by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: True,but supergirl level is still enough.......superman,wonder woman,supergirl,they are in the same level

#32 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: What's your obsession with these superheroes power levels, anyway?

#33 Posted by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanet62: It's not obsession power level,I'm obsession balance of power,i dont want to see superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all hero put together,superman is powerful but he isnt need god level

#34 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Close to Superman, but skilled enough for it to not matter in a fight between them.

Exactly

#35 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

First, I think Superman should be limited to power levels that makes sense, such as displayed in Superman the Animated Series; however, I liked that Justice League episode (e.g. For the Man Who Has Everything?), where Superman and Wonder Woman took their respective turns fighting Mongul; there, Superman had the highest power levels, and Wonder Woman's just below; I believe this episode should have set the defining benchmark on the questions of power levels between Superman and Wonder Woman and Rucka's Wonder Woman's battle with Superman should have been prevented as not according to that precedent. Than, removing the bracelets should allow Wonder Woman to achieve a power level just above Superman's, but near the top of the Olympians, the lower level supernaturals (e.g. on the lower echelons of Angels and Demons). So cosmic threats would require a team effort by earth's superheros, similar to the way these issues are handled at Marvel, for whatever reason, including strength.

they should be as powerful as they have been in the comics,forget about cartoon versions,characters like superman and wonder woman will never make sense because they conntradict the laws of physic,so stop trying to be logical,they should be the powerhouses that they have been in the comics in a a level that most heros can't reach like it has always been,and there are enough characters in their league to fight them.

#36 Edited by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Between close to superman and normal. More powerful than meta humans but not more than Shazam

#37 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

Between close to superman and normal. More powerful than meta humans but not more than Shazam

between close to superman and normal?,that is a contradiction,close too superman is far above normal,and normal is far below superman,she should be close to superman and more powerful than shazam with her bracelets on,and above superman in without her bracelets,it's time to give her back the respect she deserves after being victim of too many bad writtin moments in the past.

#38 Edited by dshipp17 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@dshipp17 said:

First, I think Superman should be limited to power levels that makes sense, such as displayed in Superman the Animated Series; however, I liked that Justice League episode (e.g. For the Man Who Has Everything?), where Superman and Wonder Woman took their respective turns fighting Mongul; there, Superman had the highest power levels, and Wonder Woman's just below; I believe this episode should have set the defining benchmark on the questions of power levels between Superman and Wonder Woman and Rucka's Wonder Woman's battle with Superman should have been prevented as not according to that precedent. Than, removing the bracelets should allow Wonder Woman to achieve a power level just above Superman's, but near the top of the Olympians, the lower level supernaturals (e.g. on the lower echelons of Angels and Demons). So cosmic threats would require a team effort by earth's superheros, similar to the way these issues are handled at Marvel, for whatever reason, including strength.

they should be as powerful as they have been in the comics,forget about cartoon versions,characters like superman and wonder woman will never make sense because they conntradict the laws of physic,so stop trying to be logical,they should be the powerhouses that they have been in the comics in a a level that most heros can't reach like it has always been,and there are enough characters in their league to fight them.

So, you believe that the cartoon versions abide by the laws of physics? I thought cartoons were intended to be scientifically preposterous, so the comics can and should abide by the precedent set in the cartoons to remove so much confusion and create threads like these over and over again; this thread is far from a rare question involving a comparison between Superman's and Wonder Woman's power levels and this episode finally answered the question for people with this question; sometimes, people just need to be referred back to this JL episode. Actually, no, Superman and Wonder Woman were not created solely to be considered powerhouses; that's reserved for characters like Hulk and Juggernaut; Superman and Wonder Woman were designed to display incredible characteristics as compered to normal people such as Batman; that can lead to exceptional power levels, but nothing ridiculous like making up a team of them to tug the earth or lifting the earth in repeated repetition for five days; for me, that's silly and reduces the writer's credibility substantially in my eyes; than the field is left for awesome characters such as Apocalypse, my favorite, and Galactus; that's why I'm so into Marvel.

#39 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@dshipp17 said:

First, I think Superman should be limited to power levels that makes sense, such as displayed in Superman the Animated Series; however, I liked that Justice League episode (e.g. For the Man Who Has Everything?), where Superman and Wonder Woman took their respective turns fighting Mongul; there, Superman had the highest power levels, and Wonder Woman's just below; I believe this episode should have set the defining benchmark on the questions of power levels between Superman and Wonder Woman and Rucka's Wonder Woman's battle with Superman should have been prevented as not according to that precedent. Than, removing the bracelets should allow Wonder Woman to achieve a power level just above Superman's, but near the top of the Olympians, the lower level supernaturals (e.g. on the lower echelons of Angels and Demons). So cosmic threats would require a team effort by earth's superheros, similar to the way these issues are handled at Marvel, for whatever reason, including strength.

they should be as powerful as they have been in the comics,forget about cartoon versions,characters like superman and wonder woman will never make sense because they conntradict the laws of physic,so stop trying to be logical,they should be the powerhouses that they have been in the comics in a a level that most heros can't reach like it has always been,and there are enough characters in their league to fight them.

So, you believe that the cartoon versions abide by the laws of physics? I thought cartoons were intended to be scientifically preposterous, so the comics can and should abide by the precedent set in the cartoons to remove so much confusion and create threads like these over and over again; this thread is far from a rare question involving a comparison between Superman's and Wonder Woman's power levels and this episode finally answered the question for people with this question; sometimes, people just need to be referred back to this JL episode. Actually, no, Superman and Wonder Woman were not created solely to be considered powerhouses; that's reserved for characters like Hulk and Juggernaut; Superman and Wonder Woman were designed to display incredible characteristics as compered to normal people such as Batman; that can lead to exceptional power levels, but nothing ridiculous like making up a team of them to tug the earth or lifting the earth in repeated repetition for five days; for me, that's silly and reduces the writer's credibility substantially in my eyes; than the field is left for awesome characters such as Apocalypse, my favorite, and Galactus; that's why I'm so into Marvel.

superman and wonder woman were moving planets during their original ruins so yes they are supposed to be powerhouses,they have to be very powerful and do high end feats because it's part of what they are.

the mongul fight was bad,wonder woman got owned easily and yoy say that episode proves she is close to superman?,it's all the oppiste,fanboys use it as a proof that she is nothing compared to superman,but that was pre crisis,she should do planet feats just like superma,they are supposed to be at that level period,stop the crapp about them being to powerful,there are countless characters more powerful.

#40 Edited by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: No one hope spider man move a planet or something,wonder woman strength level always in the "planet moving" level, Just the continuation of a tradition dating back more than 40 years.

i dont know why people like to see de-powered of wonder woman,she always powerful,but there are people who think she should not be so strong,i dont know why

#41 Edited by dshipp17 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman said:

@dshipp17: No one hope spider man move a planet or something,wonder woman strength level always in the "planet moving" level, Just the continuation of a tradition dating back more than 40 years.

i dont know why people like to see de-powered of wonder woman,she always powerful,but there are people who think she should not be so strong,i dont know why

Please understand that those golden and silver age features have been retconned out of continuity; I know they're lots of fans who would like them returned but that's gone now because it was silly. At least before the New 52, the DC heroes were not planet movers on an individual basis and the one example shown, which was produced more than 15 years after the COIE was an anomaly, so one could and should consider that as bad writing; I hope you can understand that, but it's an honest request for fan service to hope that some of the silly silver age stuff can be returned; I like seeing realistic things. There's enough room to make realistic strength feats between Spider Man/Wolverine and avoiding something as silly as making a planet mover and people know that there are characters much stronger than Spider Man/Wolverine who are consider powerhouses without delving into the realm of the silly; there's a reason that I can see for retconning those silver and golden age stunts away.

#42 Posted by KingRobbStark (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman should never be on Supermans level. It wouldn't make sense. I mean think about it, a bullet can kill her.

#43 Posted by KingRobbStark (165 posts) - - Show Bio

And OP's picture of WW looks like a fat Native American housewife.

#44 Posted by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingrobbstark: I think you like these picture,right?

@dshipp17 said:

@powerwoman said:

@dshipp17: No one hope spider man move a planet or something,wonder woman strength level always in the "planet moving" level, Just the continuation of a tradition dating back more than 40 years.

i dont know why people like to see de-powered of wonder woman,she always powerful,but there are people who think she should not be so strong,i dont know why

Please understand that those golden and silver age features have been retconned out of continuity; I know they're lots of fans which would like them returned but that's gone now because it was silly. At least before the New 52, the DC heroes were not planet movers on an individual basis and the one example shown, which was produced more than 15 years after the COIE was an anomaly, so one could and should consider that as bad writing; I hope you can understand that, but it's an honest request for fan service to hope that some of the silly silver age stuff can be returned; I like seeing realistic things. There's enough room to make realistic strength feats between Spider Man/Wolverine and avoiding something as silly as making a planet mover and people know that there are characters much stronger than Spider Man/Wolverine who are consider powerhouses without delving into the realm of the silly; there's a reason that I can see for retconning those silver and golden age stunts away.

No planet movers?

I never say wonder woman need planet movers,my point it's wonder woman need close to superman in strength, isnt need planet movers,but dc.This has nothing to do with me,DC let superman do some silly thing,i just hope wonder woman still close to him,if superman struggle lift a car,wonder woman close to him,superman struggle lift 1 tons,wonder woman close to him,but superman can lift planet....why wonder woman isnt need close to him?

#45 Edited by dshipp17 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@dshipp17 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@dshipp17 said:

First, I think Superman should be limited to power levels that makes sense, such as displayed in Superman the Animated Series; however, I liked that Justice League episode (e.g. For the Man Who Has Everything?), where Superman and Wonder Woman took their respective turns fighting Mongul; there, Superman had the highest power levels, and Wonder Woman's just below; I believe this episode should have set the defining benchmark on the questions of power levels between Superman and Wonder Woman and Rucka's Wonder Woman's battle with Superman should have been prevented as not according to that precedent. Than, removing the bracelets should allow Wonder Woman to achieve a power level just above Superman's, but near the top of the Olympians, the lower level supernaturals (e.g. on the lower echelons of Angels and Demons). So cosmic threats would require a team effort by earth's superheros, similar to the way these issues are handled at Marvel, for whatever reason, including strength.

they should be as powerful as they have been in the comics,forget about cartoon versions,characters like superman and wonder woman will never make sense because they conntradict the laws of physic,so stop trying to be logical,they should be the powerhouses that they have been in the comics in a a level that most heros can't reach like it has always been,and there are enough characters in their league to fight them.

So, you believe that the cartoon versions abide by the laws of physics? I thought cartoons were intended to be scientifically preposterous, so the comics can and should abide by the precedent set in the cartoons to remove so much confusion and create threads like these over and over again; this thread is far from a rare question involving a comparison between Superman's and Wonder Woman's power levels and this episode finally answered the question for people with this question; sometimes, people just need to be referred back to this JL episode. Actually, no, Superman and Wonder Woman were not created solely to be considered powerhouses; that's reserved for characters like Hulk and Juggernaut; Superman and Wonder Woman were designed to display incredible characteristics as compered to normal people such as Batman; that can lead to exceptional power levels, but nothing ridiculous like making up a team of them to tug the earth or lifting the earth in repeated repetition for five days; for me, that's silly and reduces the writer's credibility substantially in my eyes; than the field is left for awesome characters such as Apocalypse, my favorite, and Galactus; that's why I'm so into Marvel.

superman and wonder woman were moving planets during their original ruins so yes they are supposed to be powerhouses,they have to be very powerful and do high end feats because it's part of what they are.

the mongul fight was bad,wonder woman got owned easily and yoy say that episode proves she is close to superman?,it's all the oppiste,fanboys use it as a proof that she is nothing compared to superman,but that was pre crisis,she should do planet feats just like superma,they are supposed to be at that level period,stop the crapp about them being to powerful,there are countless characters more powerful.

Well, that Mongul fight depends on your point of view; it did show that Superman was just above Wonder Woman's in a realistric, calibrated way, and Wonder Woman ultimately was the hero that ended the threat of Mongul; and I just don't agree that the fight shows that she was nothing close to Superman in strength; Superman was just stronger in a way that showed there was a difference in their power levels in a way that removed the ambiguity in that question and gave a very clear answer for everyone to be able to settle the debate; by allowing writers to contradict that precedent served the purpose of restoring the confusion.

Again, people have posted over and over again and it was clearly implied throughout the COIE until more than 15 years in that the silly feats of the golden and silver age such as moving planets was retconned away, so I went with that to say that Superman and Wonder Woman were not built solely to be considered purely power houses like Hulk and Juggernaut, although they are powerhouses, just like 90s Rogue and Ms Marvel; I believe that Superman and Wonder Woman are intended to be powerhouses in the way that The Thing, Ms Marvel, and 90s Rogue are considered to be powerhouses, where I'd define Marvel as more of the scientific standard in the area of displaying powerhouses; however, of course, I'm not saying that this is science.

I love DBZ and I think those characters are the highest level characters in terms of powerhouses in comparison to certain characters who are considered powerhouses, with the exception of characters like Apocalypse, who can infinitely increase his power level, and Galactus, who has supernatural like power levels; I know there's a lot of disagreement, but clearly they are, because Saiyans are clearly super beings on par with the Kryptonians before they go through the various Super Saiyan levels (this is taken from the episodes where Vegeta first arrived, not from Dragon Ball as it started with Goku arriving as a child and going through the various tournaments to evolve into his prime throughout the franchise), placing the likes of Android 18, Cell, and Kidd Buu at the top of the DBZ universe and across the board; additionally, I like how DBZ shows how the characters achieve rank through training and evolving through various strength levels versus simply having their power levels written in just based on how a writer feels the character should be portrayed; one is skill while the other is lazy.

#46 Edited by KingRobbStark (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: I love those pictures. She's an Amazon princess, not a god.

#47 Edited by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@dshipp17 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@dshipp17 said:

First, I think Superman should be limited to power levels that makes sense, such as displayed in Superman the Animated Series; however, I liked that Justice League episode (e.g. For the Man Who Has Everything?), where Superman and Wonder Woman took their respective turns fighting Mongul; there, Superman had the highest power levels, and Wonder Woman's just below; I believe this episode should have set the defining benchmark on the questions of power levels between Superman and Wonder Woman and Rucka's Wonder Woman's battle with Superman should have been prevented as not according to that precedent. Than, removing the bracelets should allow Wonder Woman to achieve a power level just above Superman's, but near the top of the Olympians, the lower level supernaturals (e.g. on the lower echelons of Angels and Demons). So cosmic threats would require a team effort by earth's superheros, similar to the way these issues are handled at Marvel, for whatever reason, including strength.

they should be as powerful as they have been in the comics,forget about cartoon versions,characters like superman and wonder woman will never make sense because they conntradict the laws of physic,so stop trying to be logical,they should be the powerhouses that they have been in the comics in a a level that most heros can't reach like it has always been,and there are enough characters in their league to fight them.

So, you believe that the cartoon versions abide by the laws of physics? I thought cartoons were intended to be scientifically preposterous, so the comics can and should abide by the precedent set in the cartoons to remove so much confusion and create threads like these over and over again; this thread is far from a rare question involving a comparison between Superman's and Wonder Woman's power levels and this episode finally answered the question for people with this question; sometimes, people just need to be referred back to this JL episode. Actually, no, Superman and Wonder Woman were not created solely to be considered powerhouses; that's reserved for characters like Hulk and Juggernaut; Superman and Wonder Woman were designed to display incredible characteristics as compered to normal people such as Batman; that can lead to exceptional power levels, but nothing ridiculous like making up a team of them to tug the earth or lifting the earth in repeated repetition for five days; for me, that's silly and reduces the writer's credibility substantially in my eyes; than the field is left for awesome characters such as Apocalypse, my favorite, and Galactus; that's why I'm so into Marvel.

superman and wonder woman were moving planets during their original ruins so yes they are supposed to be powerhouses,they have to be very powerful and do high end feats because it's part of what they are.

the mongul fight was bad,wonder woman got owned easily and yoy say that episode proves she is close to superman?,it's all the oppiste,fanboys use it as a proof that she is nothing compared to superman,but that was pre crisis,she should do planet feats just like superma,they are supposed to be at that level period,stop the crapp about them being to powerful,there are countless characters more powerful.

Well, that Mongul fight depends on your point of view; it did show that Superman was just above Wonder Woman's in a realistric, calibrated way, and Wonder Woman ultimately was the hero that ended the threat of Mongul; and I just don't agree that the fight shows that she was nothing close to Superman in strength; Superman was just stronger in a way that showed there was a difference in their power levels in a way that removed the ambiguity in that question and gave a very clear answer for everyone to be able to settle the debate; by allowing writers to contradict that precedent served the purpose of restoring the confusion.

Again, people have posted over and over again and it was clearly implied throughout the COIE until more than 15 years in that the silly feats of the golden and silver age such as moving planets was retconned away, so I went with that to say that Superman and Wonder Woman were not built solely to be considered purely power houses like Hulk and Juggernaut, although they are powerhouses, just like 90s Rogue and Ms Marvel; I believe that Superman and Wonder Woman are intended to be powerhouses in the way that The Thing, Ms Marvel, and 90s Rogue are considered to be powerhouses, where I'd define Marvel as more of the scientific standard in the area of displaying powerhouses; however, of course, I'm not saying that this is science.

I love DBZ and I think those characters are the highest level characters in terms of powerhouses in comparison to certain characters who are considered powerhouses, with the exception of characters like Apocalypse, who can infinitely increase his power level, and Galactus, who has supernatural like power levels; I know there's a lot of disagreement, but clearly they are, because Saiyans are clearly super beings on par with the Kryptonians before they go through the various Super Saiyan levels (this is taken from the episodes where Vegeta first arrived, not from Dragon Ball as it started with Goku arriving as a child and going through the various tournaments to evolve into his prime throughout the franchise), placing the likes of Android 18, Cell, and Kidd Buu at the top of the DBZ universe and across the board; additionally, I like how DBZ shows how the characters achieve rank through training and evolving through various strength levels versus simply having their power levels written in just based on how a writer feels the character should be portrayed; one is skill while the other is lazy.

the fight with mongul was bad because she didn't even put up a good fight,she couldn't even hurt him at all,while in all her fights with superman after crisis she was always able to put up a very good fight,so don't use that bad written momgul fight as an example.

moving planets feats were retconned so what?,after crisis superman and wonder were still way more powerful than characters like the thing and ms marvel,so you can't compare them,the thing and ms marvel are mid powerhouses,not powerhouses like superman and wonder woman,in every era superman and wonder woman have always been much stronger,much faster and much more durable than characters like ms marvel,golden age,silver age,and post crisis,and saying that planet busting feats are too high for them but not for hulk is being bias,they have had those feats in that level first and it's ok to keep them just like superman is once again able to move a planet by himself.

DBZ aren't the most powerful characters,there are hundreds of comic characters above them,any version of superman is above a super saiyan and android 18,because any version of superman(golden age,silver age and current)have shown planet busting powers and above,wonder woman is also above saiyan 1 and 18 condsidering that she has been able to fight superman and other planet busters,wonder woman has trained all her life and she can potentially increase her power with training and fights as a god like warrior she has that potential,and superman may not be a fighter like wonder woman but he isn't azy,he is the ultimate defination of a hero.

#49 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: I love those pictures. She's an Amazon princess, not a god.

she is a god like warrior,she has amazon powers and powers from the gods.

#50 Posted by dshipp17 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: I'll try talking sense to you again; there are way more panels showing Superman struggling to slow a plane down post-crisis than Superman moving planets; again, I know you want Superman to move planets but that was just silly junk that was rightfully retconned away with the silliness of the golden and silver age. The Thing, Ms Marvel, 90s Rogue, Superman, and Wonder Woman are on par with one another where Superman and Wonder Woman may be slightly stronger; that's the logic we have and need, not someone taking one panel in all of the post-crisis era to make a point about issues which were retconned. Android 18, Cell, and Kidd Buu are your strongest existing characters. Kryptonians are on par with Saiyans; Super Saiyans are higher. The fight with Mongul was brilliant in resolving a long and confusing question. That one anonymous panel and one panel after the start of the New 52 is just lazy writing of material which should not have gotten through the DC editors. However, I understand that you liked the silliness of the silver age and you're a fan of it, but that should just remain your fan delight and nothing more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.