New 52 Wonder Woman Respect Thread

#401 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

@SNascimento: Back in the silver age,superman,supergir,or wonder woman not need breath in space or under water.(but ww need her earrings)

#402 Posted by fanofsuperheroes (213 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion I hope her durability still remains with a weakness in it. For me it is what makes her more relatable. More of a hero. Each hero should have a weakness to make them more mortal. Superman is Kryptonite and WW was piercing objects. It gives her a more realistic vibe (albeit it is comics and non realistic). I don't want to see her as a carbon copy of superman. That's just stupid since we have PLENTY of copies of Superman like Supergirl, Powergirl, Superboy, blah blah blah......

#403 Posted by darkman61288 (673 posts) - - Show Bio

@fanofsuperheroes: Completely agree.

#404 Posted by marvel123 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@fanofsuperheroes: i kinda agree as well.................come to think about it, there are alot of carbon copies of superman out there. however i actually don't mind having the other kryptonians out there (including those in the superman family, h'el, zod and his army as well as the kandorians)............imo, this essentially humbles superman, showing that he's not necessarily supposed to be superior to everyone else and that there are others that are capable of having the same abilities. i personally think that all kryptonians should be represented like superman (ability-wise)

as for the other characters, WW, shazam, MM, captain atom icon, gladiator, sentry, hyperion, ect.......who all can fly, possess super speed and super strength....... i def. see superman's influence (ability wise)

#405 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@fanofsuperheroes: wonder woman doesn't need the vulnerability against piercing weapons,because that vulnerability is the reason why so many stupid writers ruined her in the past,letting street level characters hurt her like if she only had human durability,it seemed to hard for them to understand that she has super durability,that she can't be hurt by humans,she just has a vulnerable point in her durability against piercing weapons,they really didn't understand that,so it's better if they just delete that weakness,so we won't fall into those inconsistencies again,inconsistencies that made some people go as far as thinking she can be KO by batman.

wonder woman doesn't need to have that weakness,she will still be hurt by people powerful enough to do so,her real challenges are gods,avatars and superman level characters,so there is no space for the piercing weapons weakness,it was horrible the way that this stupid weakness gave wonder woman so many inconsistent feats in the hands of stupid writers that didn't understand the concept of that vulnerability,making her a super powered warrior with the durability of a normal woman,they didn't understand that she was supposed to be super durable against everything except piercing weapons,no,thety really ruined everything,so no more piercing weapons weakness please,that way we won't fall into those inconsistencies again.

#406 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288:

wonder woman doesn't need the vulnerability against piercing weapons,because that vulnerability is the reason why so many stupid writers ruined her in the past,letting street level characters hurt her like if she only had human durability,it seemed to hard for them to understand that she has super durability,that she can't be hurt by humans,she just has a vulnerable point in her durability against piercing weapons,they really didn't understand that,so it's better if they just delete that weakness,so we won't fall into those inconsistencies again,inconsistencies that made some people go as far as thinking she can be KO by batman.

wonder woman doesn't need to have that weakness,she will still be hurt by people powerful enough to do so,her real challenges are gods,avatars and superman level characters,so there is no space for the piercing weapons weakness,it was horrible the way that this stupid weakness gave wonder woman so many inconsistent feats in the hands of stupid writers that didn't understand the concept of that vulnerability,making her a super powered warrior with the durability of a normal woman,they didn't understand that she was supposed to be super durable against everything except piercing weapons,no,thety really ruined everything,so no more piercing weapons weakness please,that way we won't fall into those inconsistencies again.

#407 Posted by darkman61288 (673 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: The powerhouse heros need a weakness. Superman has krpytonite, Martian Manhunter has fire, WW has a pierceing weapons weakness. No character should have absolute power. And weaknesses are needed also to drive the story along.

#408 Posted by argusx (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288 said:

@gokuwarrior: The powerhouse heros need a weakness. Superman has krpytonite, Martian Manhunter has fire, WW has a pierceing weapons weakness. No character should have absolute power. And weaknesses are needed also to drive the story along.

What about Silver Surfer

#409 Posted by darkman61288 (673 posts) - - Show Bio

@argusx: Isnt he powerless without his board.

#410 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: wonder woman's weakness is pointless,she can deal with bullets and swords even when she is blind,and that weakness was misunderstod by some writers and that's how they mado so many inconsistencies with wonder woman's durability,so they better stay away from it.

#411 Posted by marvel123 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@argusx said:

@darkman61288 said:

What about Silver Surfer

i guess she'd be a little bit more like thor then, if writers start showing her invulnerability......i can't really think of any weaknesses of his

#412 Posted by fanofsuperheroes (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@darkman61288: wonder woman's weakness is pointless,she can deal with bullets and swords even when she is blind,and that weakness was misunderstod by some writers and that's how they mado so many inconsistencies with wonder woman's durability,so they better stay away from it.

I understand what your saying and I agree that writers are very inconsistent in her abilities, however, why would she need her bracelets if she was vulnerable to those things? They are essential to her character and her background and they are what is suppose to help her overcome her vulnerability.

@marvel123 said:

@fanofsuperheroes: i kinda agree as well.................come to think about it, there are alot of carbon copies of superman out there. however i actually don't mind having the other kryptonians out there (including those in the superman family, h'el, zod and his army as well as the kandorians)............imo, this essentially humbles superman, showing that he's not necessarily supposed to be superior to everyone else and that there are others that are capable of having the same abilities. i personally think that all kryptonians should be represented like superman (ability-wise)

as for the other characters, WW, shazam, MM, captain atom icon, gladiator, sentry, hyperion, ect.......who all can fly, possess super speed and super strength....... i def. see superman's influence (ability wise)

I guess I just lost respect for this entire Superman kryptonian thing when they underlined the fact that he was the only survivor from his home planet. Then they gave us Supergirl which I could have dealt with, it was a decent story to bring her in. Why in the heck are there a whole new planet full now? lol

#413 Posted by marvel123 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@fanofsuperheroes: yeah i get what your saying, i like superman and all, and more importantly "the Concept" of the kryptonians and their abilities.....(i like any this yellow sun principle applies to any kryptonian, even krypto the dog) ..but i kinda lost respect for him when DC decided to fashion alot of their other characters after him and marvel made their carbon copies........i mean gladiator is cool and all but marvel could have beed a little more subtle, his name is Kallark.............but anyway with everybody on par with everybody, nobody is special any more

i respect the flash family the most, because they are on a level of speed ability that nobody else is.............superman is slowly becoming just another flying brick

#414 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@fanofsuperheroes: only stupid writers were inconsistent with her powers,writers like perez,ruka and simone did a very good job with her powers,and jhons seems to be doing a good job too in the new 52 JL.

she doesn't need her weakness against piercing weapons,there will always be attacks powerful enough to hurt her,even if she becomes bullet proof,there will always be situations to use the bracelets,it doesn't matter that she already has a very high level of durability against physical and energy attacks,the weakness against piercing weapos is not necesary,because even if she can take powerful attacks like omega beams,heat vision or energy attacks from gods,she can't take damage forever,the durability has a limit,so the bracelets will always be useful,when she wants to prevent more damage there will be a reason to use the bracelets,there will always be many situations to use the bracelets.

#415 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123: you are wrong,everyone is unique,among DC heros,there is no other flying brick like superman,among the female heros,there is no other like wonder woman,she has some abilities similar to superman,but she also has fighting skills,magic weapons,and divine power.

not everyone is on par with everyone,for example shazam is not on par with superman,manhunter has many powers that put him away from superman's standards,supergirl and powergirl aren't on par with superman and wonder woman,aquaman is below them too,there are many characters with different power levels,all of them share some powers in common but not at the same level,and almost all of them have some special abilities that the others haven't,all of them except supergirl and powergirl.

#416 Posted by marvel123 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: i truly wish it was like that, honestly, part of me wishes that standards were more defined in the dc universe....everything is so open to interpretation. i know this is a very unrealistic approach : but wouldn't it be cool to see die hard batman fans admit (for instance) : "Hey batman is my all-time favorite character, but based on WW's standards she should beat him in a battle"............lol, it may be unrealistic as i said

but seriously, if DC locked it down tightly, so no character ever overstepped their boundaries. i've seen " the on par argument waayyy too many times ( i.e. "ohh, well so and so is on par with this and that").............everything is widely open to interpretation, ergo thats why we have some of these sensless heated arguments on battle threads (lol however i'm somewhat amused by some of them)..........i've seen superman vs MM, WW vs shazam, superman vs. captain atom, icon vs. superman, ww vs. aquaman, captain atom vs. shazam, WW vs. superman, power girl vs. WW superman vs. shazam, ect .................zod vs. black adam.................there's plenty man. i honestly don't think any of them have been settled, some of them are proly still going on, due to vastly differing opinions, inconsistent scans, and maybe just pure boredom

oh, and i've seen quite a few character bios saying someone's on par with superman for males and WW or supergirl for females. dc did an OK job setting the standards for the flash/flash family and the general consensus about flash is that he's the fastest

take away a kryptonians heat vision and weakness to kryptonite, and you can barely differenciate them from the shazam family, the WW family, Icon, (power-wise) ..... martians are practically green kryptonians with added abilities of telepathy , TK, shapeshifting, intangibility and a weakness to fire..........i read that these characters are on par with superman and (give or take) sometimes each other .

and i'd like to see more consistency as well, i don't wanna see aquaman owning a bloodlusted black adam in 1 issue and then black adam effortlessly defeating the JL in another............. their isn't a clear heirarchy within characters (power -wise) undefined standards and inconsistencies can mislead comic fans, and trigger vast differences in opinions........... hey man, i'm not saying that right or that anyone is wrong........it's just what i've noticed

#417 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123: inconsistencies can be easely dodged,if writers make some inconsistencies is because they are too lazy,it's not hard to see that according to some characters standards like superman and wonder,humans shouldn't be able tro hurt them or tag them,superman is very different to shazam and wonder woman,superman has heat vision,ice breath,x vision and his powers don't have the same source.

#418 Edited by marvel123 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: yes, that's it, thats the only thing that differeciates them, the heat vision, ice breath xray and kryptonite weakness...............but the primary powers in use are the flying brick combo (strength, speed, flight)....thats why sometimes you can't tell the difference

over in marvel its a lil more limited ( especially if you exclude those characters inspired by superman ; hyperion, sentry and gladiator aka kallark). you have 3 primary women who's powers originate from the kree empire; photon, Captain marvel, and rougue

and the primary men like thor, brb, wonderman............i don't count the silver surfer cuz he flies on a board

but yeah they don't give this strength, speed, flight combo to just anyone............they limit it, and it sure doest take away from other characters.......i mean look at hulk and spiderman, they're doing just fine

#419 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123: hulk,thor and sentrey have a lot of high level feats,gladiator too,he even destroyed a planet,all of them have a lot of power,thor and sentrey are huge flying bricks,they have a lot of power.

only the females in marvel are more limited,specially ms marvel,she should be equal to wonder man,but he owned her,and with her super speed and long range attacks,she should be able to beat characters liker savage hulk,but they just put her in the shadows when the big male characters are around,they don't have any female able to match characters like sentrey,thor,silver surfer,gladiator,the only female above them is phoenix.

#420 Edited by marvel123 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288 and , tell me watchya think , feel free to correct me

@gokuwarrior: relative to DC, Marvel doesn't have as many flying bricks......and when i say flying bricks i mean those supermanesque characters with the super strength, super speed and flight (obviuously they may have other different powere but they all have these 3 in common).......notice how some heroes are proficient with their 1 primary ability: hulk for his strength, flash for his speed, angel for his flight ......well our flying bricks have it all and more.i that's why can understand why ppl see this combo as a little overused in dc

i excluded those heroes that were primarily inspired by superman (this sounds alot nicer than spinoff or ripoff): Gladiator , Hyperion , Sentry , and even Blue Marvel

aside from those supermanesque inspired characters, we're left with thor, brb, wonderman, captain mar-vell, photon, captain marvel, rougue,.......of course there may be a few others, but its a much smaller amount than in dc. and you're right we can have awesome characters like hulk phoenix, magneto , scarlet witch, SS,ect without giving them the superman-like/ flying brick combo

over in DC we have the superman family, clones, all the surving kprytonians, the daxamites, the martians, the WW, family, the shazam family, captain atom,those from wildstorm that are slowly being intergrated (like icon and even majestic) ect.....and then we have a plethora of villians with those abilites as well. and i guess this is where you and i disagree, becuause i like that marvel puts more of a limit on that set of abilities

in response to what you were saying about the phoenix, that's what makes her so special, there's no one else like her...........no one "on par" with her.

#421 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123: superman and wonder have limits like all the other flying bricks,they have similar powers,because those are the most well known super powers of all time(super strength,super speed,flight),and they are some of the first heros created so they were going to have more in common,the problem is that DC and marvel kept making more heros with the same powers,some of them lower others higher in power level but all of them with the same abilities,so nobody is really unique anymore,phoenix is not unique either,there are a lot of cosmic beings like her,living tribunal for example,there are a lot of cosmic reality wrappers and material manipulators.

#422 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123: uh huh

marvel = errybody heals

DeeCee = errybody flies and hits things

#423 Posted by marvel123 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: what other females do you know that are as powerful as the phoenix?....... idk, there may be some out there i just can't think of any

i know the phoenix is an entity, but jean grey is the most well known representation of it, so that's why i refer to it as "she" especially as the white crown phoenix

we have a few other omega level mutants (like the reality warping franklin richards), and galactus and his cosmic heralds, and binary, but i think phoenix is regarded as more powerful

the living tribunal as you said, the beyonder, ........the one above all,.........those guys are in a class of their own.

#425 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I was so disappointed in the ending of this fight. . . .

#426 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1075 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: You do know that its actually impossible to melt metal simply by putting pressure on it, right?

#427 Posted by Wboy (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Weaknesses are not crucial there are PLENTY without weaknesses. A good story should be based on adversity, what ideas are explored(Certain ideologies go up against her own), how are the characters developed in this respect, etc. To say a weakness drives the story along is simply not true and WW's vulnerability to piercing weapons just shouldn't even be happening.

#429 Edited by SNascimento (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a meaningful strength but I found it funny.

ps: I'm just can't post this the way I want it. I don't know how to post things properly anymore.

#431 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman #12 Pg. 19 vs. Artemis

Can anyone please post scans of her feats after she took off her bracelets? Like the power she unlocked?

#432 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@or35ti:

she owned the goddess artemis after she took off her bracelets.

#433 Posted by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio

@or35ti: I think when wonder woman no bracelets she would be stronger than superman

#434 Posted by Manny454 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

How about invulnerability to radiation? only she and superman could enter ground zero after the explosion>

#435 Posted by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio

@manny454: this not current wonder woman,and yes,this verson of wonder woman is invulnerability

#436 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman:

pre 52 wonder woman had invulnerability to radiation and was super durable against everything expect piercing weapons,so i think now they should give her invulnerability against piercing weapons.

#437 Edited by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio
#438 Posted by The Stegman (20786 posts) - - Show Bio

Taken out of context, but whatevs, it's funny

#439 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that was a scene all right.

#440 Edited by theOVOXO (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Hades and Poseidon bet on which one will defeat the First Born. Poseidon says Apollo, but Hades disagrees and bets on Diana instead. Poseidon then cites her heart clouds her mind. Hades sees it as an assets. However, Poseidon comes to terms and bets on Diana also. It's nice to see the gods have faith in Diana to complete such a difficult task. Plus, Diana must have really made an impression on Hades for him to bet on her.

#441 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

forgot one guys

looking hot

#443 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio
#444 Edited by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio
#445 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7658 posts) - - Show Bio
#446 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7658 posts) - - Show Bio
#447 Edited by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio
#448 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7658 posts) - - Show Bio
#449 Posted by SNascimento (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus Christ, Artemis. You got owned hard there.

I wonder if her words about power are a foreshadow for something.

#450 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio
Justice League 20: Pg 23
Justice League 20: Pg 24

These are pages from Justice League 20 featuring Superman & Batman talking about Wonder Woman and the contingency plan to take her down should the need arise.

What's interesting here is that Batman does not have one for Wonder Woman, stating that Wonder Woman does not have a Kryptonite.

The Hard truth is that if she ever crosses the line, you're the only one that can stop her. You're the Box.

For me this is fascinating news, not even the great Mouse Detective can come up with a plan that would be able to subdue the Amazon Princess! I really want them to put this to the test. LOVE IT!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.