New 52 Wonder Woman Respect Thread

#651 Posted by Outside_85 (9054 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: @gokuwarrior: I dont need feats, I just need logic... That thing that usually seems to escape you two.

#652 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: @gokuwarrior: I dont need feats, I just need logic... That thing that usually seems to escape you two.

logic in a comic about an amazon with super powers fighting gods and avatars,oh yes,there is so much logic there.

your desire for logic is so high that you enjoy an action comic without action,the final battle of a 2 years arc was disappointing,falling from the sky it's all it takes now to hurt wonder woman when before new 52 she could survive re entrey from space after being punched by superman,the logic is simple,compared to pre 52,she is weak as hell now,and the 2 years drama about a baby won't compensate the lack of action in this title,it won't change the fact that azzarello has no talent to writte a good action book,you want to see a wonder woman run with a good story without missing action?,then you have perez,ruka,simone,azzarello's run is way below their runs.

#653 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8777 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget : can you talk with people that keep argue nosenses,make silly complains and bug other users,. Please?

#654 Posted by Bezza (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

logic in a comic about an amazon with super powers fighting gods and avatars,oh yes,there is so much logic there.

your desire for logic is so high that you enjoy an action comic without action,the final battle of a 2 years arc was disappointing,falling from the sky it's all it takes now to hurt wonder woman when before new 52 she could survive re entrey from space after being punched by superman,the logic is simple,compared to pre 52,she is weak as hell now,and the 2 years drama about a baby won't compensate the lack of action in this title,it won't change the fact that azzarello has no talent to writte a good action book,you want to see a wonder woman run with a good story without missing action?,then you have perez,ruka,simone,azzarello's run is way below their runs.

Not sure I really agree with this. First Born is the son of Zeus right? So he is extremely powerful. He basically pounds Orion into the ground without any effort and in Superman 20 recently, Orion was seen as giving Superman a hard enough time. So based on this logic, FB would give superman major problems too. Diana in her fight with FB took him up into the sky and then hesitated enough for FB to smash her down into the ground. She gets up reasonably quickly, which is more than Orion did and stabs him, almost finishing the fight. I'm fairly new to WW so can't comment on whether she is weaker than before, but I don't think she was embarrassed in WW23.

#655 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza:wonder woman has no feats to prove she is a thread for superman,first born has no feats either,the lack of good action in the new wonder woman title is sad.

#656 Posted by PowerWoman (3380 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: Not sure....but Superman always hold back,he always careful not too easily kill someone....

#657 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman:we are still waiting for better action,it's frustraiting.

#658 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

even if i think that the action was poor,i want to thank you for posting,it takes time of your life and work to do it,so thank you.

#659 Posted by PowerWoman (3380 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: Also,I dont think orion is powerful,New 52 superman can EASILY bench earth weight five days, No one power can close him,if superman no hold hack,he could be kill orion in a few nanoseconds

#660 Posted by Hastalavista (361 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: That weight lifting thing is a joke to me now. Come on, it's ridiculous. The hell with it. This should be a prove of strength but a prove of the writer's mad love for his character.

#661 Posted by Hastalavista (361 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: That weight lifting thing is a joke to me now. Come on, it's ridiculous. The hell with it. This should be a prove of strength but a prove of the writer's mad love for his character.

#662 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

doesn't matter if the moving the earth feat is ridiculous,superman is on that level now,and even without the earth feat,new 52 superman has been consistenly lifting things way above the thousands of tons,like submarines,new 52 wonder woman has no feats near that level,so one way or the other,she has no feats to prove she can stand her ground against superman or any character in his level.

#663 Posted by Hastalavista (361 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: guess we just have to wait till SM/WW comes out. I am so worried about that book...

#664 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@hastalavista:he will probably shine as a huge powerhouse and she will be overshadowed.

#665 Edited by PowerWoman (3380 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: If superman easily beat these gods.....WW would be get shame...hope not

#666 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio
#667 Posted by Bezza (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: Also,I dont think orion is powerful,New 52 superman can EASILY bench earth weight five days, No one power can close him,if superman no hold hack,he could be kill orion in a few nanoseconds

Just saying that in that particular Superman comic, which was out only two months back, he had his hands full with Orion and historically when they have met Orion has been a tough opponent for Superman. Read the fight, Orion puts Superman down, Superman smacks Orion harder than he's ever been hit before, Orion comes back and wallops Superman. WW intervenes, its a draw.

#668 Posted by prettywonderboy (24 posts) - - Show Bio

All this crazy obsession with WW not having enough "strength" feats is just getting irritating to be honest.. (facepalm)

#669 Posted by Kraya (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@prettywonderboy: Agreed. Story and character are far more important than that whole feats bullcrap. I wish I could put the people who insist on the feats thing on an ignore list. Is there such a feature? I couldn't find it yet.

#670 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraya said:

@prettywonderboy: Agreed. Story and character are far more important than that whole feats bullcrap. I wish I could put the people who insist on the feats thing on an ignore list. Is there such a feature? I couldn't find it yet.

action is also important in a comic like wonder woman,the action in issue 23 was poor for the final battle of an arc that lasted almost 2 years,and what it bothers me is to see people like you trying to argue that she can beat certain characters like if she was as powerful as she used to be,she hasn't feats to put her in the level she used to be,if you think that a drama about a baby going on for 2 years is a great story to the point that she doesn't need better action fine,but stop putting her in a league that she doesn't belong anymore.

#671 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

All this crazy obsession with WW not having enough "strength" feats is just getting irritating to be honest.. (facepalm)

she doesn't have enough feats of anything,her durability is shit now,even aquaman can beat her now,you like the new story,fine,but stop pretending that she is the powerhouse she used to be,she isn't anymore.

#672 Edited by Kraya (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraya said:

action is also important in a comic like wonder woman,the action in issue 23 was poor for the final battle of an arc that lasted almost 2 years,and what it bothers me is to see people like you trying to argue that she can beat certain characters like if she was as powerful as she used to be,she hasn't feats to put her in the level she used to be,if you think that a drama about a baby going on for 2 years is a great story to the point that she doesn't need better action fine,but stop putting her in a league that she doesn't belong anymore.

Don't put words in my mouth.

#673 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraya said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@kraya said:

then i'm glad you admit that she is way weaker than her pre 52 version.

and for the record,in an action comic title like wonder woman,quality of the story and feats/action with quality go hand in hand,if one of them is missing,then there is a problem.

#674 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess i will keep on waiting for better things to come.

#675 Edited by Kraya (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@kraya said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@kraya said:

then i'm glad you admit that she is way weaker than her pre 52 version.

and for the record,in an action comic title like wonder woman,quality of the story and feats/action with quality go hand in hand,if one of them is missing,then there is a problem.

Dude, stop putting words into my mouth or assuming what I think about something I have not stated an opinion about. It's a rude thing to do and it doesn't accomplish anything.

#676 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraya:then what do you think?,how powerful is she now compared to pre 52?.

#677 Posted by The Stegman (24460 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how I feel about Diana's fight with the First Born. I mean she took her bracelets off and got a power boost and still pretty much got trounced by him. Granted the FB is very strong, but still, I would have liked to see a more drawn out fight, at least show a bit more of her strength when she's....unshackled? (unchained would just be too on the nose)

#678 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:that's my point,the action was poor for the final batlle of an arc that lasted almost 2 years.

#679 Posted by Kraya (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: I don't know. I mean, she is potentially more powerful than before, given her new origin. But in all honesty? I don't care. As long as she can still defeat (most of) her enemies, everything is fine. If she was all-powerful and had no problem defeating her nemesis, things would be awfully boring. It should be a struggle. It should be hard. It should take several fights for her to win against her nemesis. And that's all I can say about that issue, given that I'm not 100% up-to-date with the title due to the financial limits of being a university student.

Can she lift planets? I hope I'll never find out, because it does sound like a ridiculous thing to do in a modern comic.

#680 Posted by PowerWoman (3380 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how I feel about Diana's fight with the First Born. I mean she took her bracelets off and got a power boost and still pretty much got trounced by him. Granted the FB is very strong, but still, I would have liked to see a more drawn out fight, at least show a bit more of her strength when she's....unshackled? (unchained would just be too on the nose)

Right?We are want to see WW's bracelets off and even FB beat her,it's could be through a hard fight,not so fast

@kraya said:

@gokuwarrior: I don't know. I mean, she is potentially more powerful than before, given her new origin. But in all honesty? I don't care. As long as she can still defeat (most of) her enemies, everything is fine. If she was all-powerful and had no problem defeating her nemesis, things would be awfully boring. It should be a struggle. It should be hard. It should take several fights for her to win against her nemesis. And that's all I can say about that issue, given that I'm not 100% up-to-date with the title due to the financial limits of being a university student.

Can she lift planets? I hope I'll never find out, because it does sound like a ridiculous thing to do in a modern comic.

WW get KO by a few seconds,that not a hard fight,You said just the opposite,she not wins,she not through a hard fight,FB just casual beat her like a garbage,lift planet isnt ridiculous,here

Superman easily bench earth weight five days,that even not superman limit

#681 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraya said:

i'm not talking about lifting a planet,i'm talking,before new 52 she was much more powerful and she still had problems fighting her biggest nemesies,cheetah,ares,genocide,but now she is struggleing with featless characters and her showings are poor,the story is important yes,but action is important too,and i don't see the wonder woman that she used to be.

#682 Posted by Saren (25681 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad to see the "Azzarello sucks because no featz" brigade is still active.

#683 Edited by Outside_85 (9054 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: If anything, I would say Superman/Wonder Woman would be totally worth it if Artemis gets to wrestle with Superman, and do a lot better than when she fought Diana.

#684 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane sad that some people still think that an action comic without quality feats is good,the action was poor for the final battle of an arc that lasted almost 2 years,and the baby isn't really safe yet,so.

#685 Edited by prettywonderboy (24 posts) - - Show Bio
#686 Posted by prettywonderboy (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraya said:

I get it that people are frustrated due to the lack of feats or what not. Like whatever.. get over it. And im just so sick of of people bringing up that whole "superman bench pressing the earth's weight thing" shit whatever.. For the nth time, that feat is stupid and doesn't contribute anything to the story at all!

Im just glad to hear that im not the only person sick of hearing soe other people's petty complaints. This is a wonder woman appreciation thread for God's sake.

#687 Edited by WhineHaus (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I get it that people are frustrated due to the lack of feats or what not. Like whatever.. get over it. And im just so sick of of people bringing up that whole "superman bench pressing the earth's weight thing" shit whatever.. For the nth time, that feat is stupid and doesn't contribute anything to the story at all!

Im just glad to hear that im not the only person sick of hearing some other people's petty complaints. This is a wonder woman appreciation thread for God's sake.

THANK YOU.

Actually, I don't wholly get how people are so pissed at the "lack of feats." I feel like it's such a superficial thing to complain about, childish really. There are plenty of great things that I'd consider "feats": Character feats, emotional feats, storyline feats, power-discovery feats, etc.

I can't believe how many people are just looking for a visual display of strength, as if that alone validates someone's love for a given character. Plus, all these complaints are in complete disregard of character development and the narrative.

As a personal bias, I find emotional strength much more compelling than physical strength. Emotion is directly related to drive, desperation, and the capability of physical feats. A state of extreme emotion and adrenaline allows for the most remarkable displays of strength. Diana has shown great emotional depth in Azzarello's run. I find that to be just as profound, if not more, than pulling a planet.

#688 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@prettywonderboy:i won't get over it,you may enjoy wonder woman being weak and without good action,i don't,i want a good story and good feats,azzarello and his flop run can get lost in limbo.

#690 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio
#691 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8777 posts) - - Show Bio
#692 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8777 posts) - - Show Bio
#693 Edited by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio
#694 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1266 posts) - - Show Bio
#695 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8777 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: @drgnx: Ohh Yeha!! Hey mates could you bump here for me? http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/new-52-batman-respect-thread-redone-690891/#674

#696 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1266 posts) - - Show Bio
#697 Posted by prettywonderboy (24 posts) - - Show Bio
#698 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I come in here, hoping to read about Wonder Woman and still, I find posts from some users talking about other character's feats. What is that?

Justice League 23

Gives a definitive punch to the Superman's liver to knocks it out,which destroys the surroundings (Althought he's weakened still able to keep up with others).

Punch J'onn disguised as Mera in the face,which seems to be affected.

This is cool though -- thanks for adding it.

#699 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8777 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: You're welcome mate!! Forget about that,they're talking about Superman strength feats vs Wonder Woman strength feats!!

@prettywonderboy: You're welcome!!

#700 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder what are we going to get in the next issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.