New 52 Wonder Woman Respect Thread

#551 Edited by cameron83 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Comixology

lol I use comixology,too!

I just hate how it's like 7:00 and Marvel STILL doesn't have theirs out

#552 Posted by Outside_85 (9521 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Ah, well it's not that bad for me, due to time zones. Where I live DC has their books out by 10 in the morning and Marvel is out by 14-15.

#553 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: This is Earth 2 Wonder Woman,not Prime Earth Wonder Woman...that scan doesn't count.

#554 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: wonder woman laso the phantom stranger for the truth count as a feat it happen in justice league dark 22 been trying to look for the scan

#555 Edited by Outside_85 (9521 posts) - - Show Bio
#556 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio
#557 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio
#558 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1322 posts) - - Show Bio
#559 Edited by Outside_85 (9521 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Ok, that was a bit rude of me. My point is however there is little to no difference between the Trinities of the two Earths. The Greek Gods are now Roman, Bruce is married, the Kents arent dead?

#560 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: I said that before,because I created threads only to Prime Earth characters and not from other versions,just that. Also Earth 2 Trinity is already dead @darknightspideyfanboy: :)

#562 Posted by Jake Fury (18932 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Please don't tag me in anything. I usually don't get my comics til the weekend and don't want to be spoiled. Thanks

#563 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio
#564 Edited by cameron83 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio
#565 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio
#566 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: wonder woman proving how much an alpha she is get out line and wonder woman is going to have to choke a b!%ch lol

#567 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio
#568 Posted by PowerWoman (3405 posts) - - Show Bio
#569 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio
#570 Posted by Outside_85 (9521 posts) - - Show Bio
#571 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio
#572 Posted by RustyRoy (13223 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally the real WW is here although I'm sad this made Batman look like a fool but at least Flash is still on his side, right?

#573 Posted by anthonygiu (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new Wonder Woman. She's badass...my only problem is she is quick to anger. Wayyy too quick

#574 Posted by Kraya (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthonygiu: Well, in this context it makes sense. She is in a relationship with Superman after all (which I, personally, don't like too much) and his life is at stake.

#575 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Yes. Flash keep follow Batman,because as Bruce he's more pragmatic and logic.

#576 Edited by PowerWoman (3405 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a feat,but nice scan!

#577 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: her muscle still scare me but nice looking sword do lol also anyone in that room is screwed

#578 Edited by PowerWoman (3405 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: Yeah,really cant waiting next issue,Mind Control of superman vs evil of wonder woman?lol

#579 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio
#580 Posted by PowerWoman (3405 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Cant waiting next issue!evil of wonder woman vs superman!lol!

#581 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Me too!! Hey takea look on the first page I'm redesign the thread and posting forgotten feats.

#582 Posted by PowerWoman (3405 posts) - - Show Bio
#583 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio
#584 Edited by anthonygiu (65 posts) - - Show Bio
#585 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthonygiu: Me too!! We have to wait five days to read JLD 23.. :/

#586 Posted by JuliusTakalua (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Just out of curiosity, is Batwoman good? I mean the scans showing WW were awesome but is the book any good? should I [ick em up?

But to the topic... I think I like this Diana a lot. She's badass and still has that old WW vibe. SHe's also hotter IMO. Only thing that bugs me is WW and SUperman relationship. She should hook up with Orion, not Clark. It would be a better and more interesting story than that really rushed and not at all developed Clark and Diana romance

#587 Posted by JuliusTakalua (295 posts) - - Show Bio

@artsygal: Superman is restrained. Hal is being arrogant. But it's a nice feat... but bad character writing.

I thought that scene was very out of character and rash. She was barely established as a character in the JL stories and she's suddenly more rash and bash? I like Azzarello's WW more, she can kick ass and also be a great person. JL WW is uncharacteristic and contradictory to what she is right now. Johns needs to give WW's character some respect. She and Batman are left out as planks. We don't see their characters in JL....

#588 Posted by PowerWoman (3405 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliustakalua: You dont think New 52 wonder woman's art is bad?

That destroy a good writter

#589 Posted by JuliusTakalua (295 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: That is PIS. Stranger would DESTROY wonder woman. What's next? she's gonna knock The Spectre out?

I thought that bit was waaaay too ridiculous. Phantom could have laughed at her but no, he was actually threatened? What the hell?

#590 Posted by JuliusTakalua (295 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliustakalua: You dont think New 52 wonder woman's art is bad?

That destroy a good writter

I actually like WW's art. It's refreshingly different from the rest of the DCnU's look. looks more greek and it matches with the tone IMO

#591 Posted by PowerWoman (3405 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliustakalua: .........................

Ok.differnet people has differnet style

#592 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy:

That is PIS. Stranger would DESTROY wonder woman. What's next? she's gonna knock The Spectre out?

I thought that bit was waaaay too ridiculous. Phantom could have laughed at her but no, he was actually threatened? What the hell?

Stranger can't do nothing against,because he receives order from God and she's important to the balance. Even pre-new 52 Phantom Stranger is bonded to his duty and higher rules.

#593 Posted by JuliusTakalua (295 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliustakalua said:

@darknightspideyfanboy:

That is PIS. Stranger would DESTROY wonder woman. What's next? she's gonna knock The Spectre out?

Stranger can't do nothing against,because he receives order from God and she's important to the balance. Even pre-new 52 Phantom Stranger is bonded to his duty and higher rules.

Yet he was able to fight Spectre with great power (and was eventually stopped by God himself in the form of a dog)? And was able to get all pissed and unleash his powers a bit in heaven before being stopped by his dead wife?

And it wasn't a fight WW had with Stranger. She just totally manhandled him and grabbed him by the neck. That was kinda weird for me. I thought The Stranger could have just made himself intangible or use his powers to let WW go of him. So Stranger can't affect anyone or use his powers at all without God telling him to? Even something as small as making WW let go of him? I thought that did not make sense to me.

BTW check out the new WW issue. There are some cool feats for you guys to check out. she becomes a ___ __ ___.

#594 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@juliustakalua said:

@darknightspideyfanboy:

Yet he was able to fight Spectre with great power (and was eventually stopped by God himself in the form of a dog)? And was able to get all pissed and unleash his powers a bit in heaven before being stopped by his dead wife?

And it wasn't a fight WW had with Stranger. She just totally manhandled him and grabbed him by the neck. That was kinda weird for me. I thought The Stranger could have just made himself intangible or use his powers to let WW go of him. So Stranger can't affect anyone or use his powers at all without God telling him to? Even something as small as making WW let go of him? I thought that did not make sense to me.

BTW check out the new WW issue. There are some cool feats for you guys to check out. she becomes a ___ __ ___.

1) He didn't fight the Spectre, he just defended himself from the attacks and then God summoned Spectre away.

2) That dog was not God exactly, but instead one of its various aspects.

3) She convinced him to stop the attack against the heaven to rescue them and the kids, because they were finally at peace and Zauriel (his guardian) warned Starnger to not try to take someone's fromthe afterlife life again or would be banned from existence.

4) Well Wonder Woman was able to catch Pandora while she was intangible inside of Luthor cell,but I believ he could get off the leash.

5) He can use his powers without God permission,but every action has a consequence as when he killed philip stark and some time later he became the Sin-Eater.

#595 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliustakalua: @darknightspideyfanboy: I love issue 23

@kraya: @anthonygiu: @powerwoman: @cameron83: More scans.

Wonder Woman 23

Catch a huge rock with the Lasso and spinning at super-speed to take down Hyena soldiers.

At full power speedblitz First Born managing to take blood, which others had failed so far and after he pushes her back to the ground, she says that has few bruises that will heal soon.

Summon as pear from the bracelets to pierce First Born,leaving him at the gates of death.

After Ares's death she is now the Godess of War.

Justice League Dark 23

Take out two Justice League teams.

Deflecting magic bullets.

Avoid to be tackled by Frankenstein and then knocked it out.

#596 Posted by PowerWoman (3405 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: That WW use god mode again!amazing!though.....this time WW isnt beat her enemy....GOD mode isnt more powerful than a real god....A little disappointed

the last panel is Impressive,wonder woman was a goddess

so,wonder woman become war of god?eh....

#597 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Yes she is now the godess of war,this is why in Trinity War she's referenced as a godess Geoff Johns is still trying to keep up with Azzarelo's series.

#598 Posted by JuliusTakalua (295 posts) - - Show Bio

She's the goddess of war! sweet! And not so sweet for her was her godmode scene... It was awesome for WW for a while until FB just smacked her ass down lol. Great scene but kinda funny (unintentionally) lol. A panel ago she was blitzing then boom, owned. Plus, when is she gonna actually kill that SoB? Just kill him for crissakes! Every damn book the hero has to go all "Too much death.... Can't cause another" and just picks up a dead comrade's body and leaves. One of the worst cliches ever created. Anyone felt like that when they read that bit when WW was gonna spare FB's life for that day?

Maybe now that she's the goddess of war (and how's that gonna go with Athena, I'm wondering) she can do more stuff. Less restraints and contradictions.

But that also makes one very big DCU plothole... Justice League. So.... does she UNgod herself before JL??? I mean whut?So the trinity war WW is still the goddess right? right? I'm a lil confused on the whole DCU thing but it's ok. In the end, no matter the fact that they share the same world, WW and JL are two different books and I'm gonna treat them like that. Makes the whole thing less confusing... So what do you guys think about Trinity and current DCU events and that of WW (that bit about becoming a god). Think Azzarello or Johns is gonna clear up on that department?

BTW, Orion's whooping was not so sweet... Again, I'm bitching as a big Orion fan.

#599 Posted by PowerWoman (3405 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliustakalua: Yeah,i think god mode should be more powerful,but....that a bit disappointed

#600 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

She's the goddess of war! sweet! And not so sweet for her was her godmode scene... It was awesome for WW for a while until FB just smacked her ass down lol. Great scene but kinda funny (unintentionally) lol. A panel ago she was blitzing then boom, owned. Plus, when is she gonna actually kill that SoB? Just kill him for crissakes! Every damn book the hero has to go all "Too much death.... Can't cause another" and just picks up a dead comrade's body and leaves. One of the worst cliches ever created. Anyone felt like that when they read that bit when WW was gonna spare FB's life for that day?

Maybe now that she's the goddess of war (and how's that gonna go with Athena, I'm wondering) she can do more stuff. Less restraints and contradictions.

But that also makes one very big DCU plothole... Justice League. So.... does she UNgod herself before JL??? I mean whut?So the trinity war WW is still the goddess right? right? I'm a lil confused on the whole DCU thing but it's ok. In the end, no matter the fact that they share the same world, WW and JL are two different books and I'm gonna treat them like that. Makes the whole thing less confusing... So what do you guys think about Trinity and current DCU events and that of WW (that bit about becoming a god). Think Azzarello or Johns is gonna clear up on that department?

BTW, Orion's whooping was not so sweet... Again, I'm bitching as a big Orion fan.

Did you see what I comment above? I believe not.

Yes she is now the godess of war,this is why in Trinity War she's referenced as a godess Geoff Johns is still trying to keep up with Azzarelo's series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.