New 52 Wonder Woman Respect Thread

#451 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

For me this is fascinating news, not even the great Mouse Detective can come up with a plan that would be able to subdue the Amazon Princess! I really want them to put this to the test. LOVE IT!

This is Geoff Johns that's writing it. The only reason tha the has Batman on the team is because he doesn't want the sales to go down, he doesn't respect the character whatsoever.

#452 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective: I mentioned something about that in my regular post, that it seems like a disservice to Batman's ingenuity and tenacity. Certainly something like an airborne toxin to dull her senses or a sonic something to compromise her equilibrium, there are a multitude of things that I know the real Batman would have come up with.

#454 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio
#455 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: No Its not a new power she used the lasso to force Hector Hammond's mind out of superman.

#457 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Nice work!

look like wonder woman has good speedblitzing feats now

#458 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

good scans,i just whish she figths alone.

#459 Posted by TAneT62 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio
#460 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8438 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Yes yes yes,I'm waiting to see more strenght feats ad who knows more fights without the bracelets.

#461 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio
#462 Edited by cameron83 (6748 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope that Lennox isn't dead.I was starting to REALLY like him!

#463 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: i know man! t'was a powerful moment. Wonder Woman #21 was fantastic on so many levels

#464 Posted by cameron83 (6748 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: i know man! t'was a powerful moment. Wonder Woman #21 was fantastic on so many levels

I agree..Still,I really hope that he is alive.My first issue of WW (don't worry,I've been following along) and I already started to love him....and he (possibly) dies.

He is such an awesome character.

#465 Edited by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: I agree. He is awesome. Singing "no one likes us, no one likes us, we don't care!"

Looks like a bright future for the WW series: New Genesis, more Orion kicking ass, more fights with the First Born...

#466 Posted by patrat18 (9020 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: can you do a respect thread for static shock new 52,omac new 52

#467 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8438 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: I see what I can do,but will take sometime since I had a lot of respect threads to update. okay?

#468 Edited by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Yeah I just read it and thought it was great! Everything comes so unexpectedly plus I can't wait to see New Genesis.

#469 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Wait #21 was your first issue of Wonder Woman?

#470 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realized why i like Wonder Womans solo comic. It reminds me off Buffy. I'm just so happy.

#471 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@telepathic666: oh my god,buffy?,now wonder woman is everyone but herself,i hate arazzello's idea.

#472 Posted by veronicacris (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@telepathic666: oh my god,buffy?,now wonder woman is everyone but herself,i hate arazzello's idea.

He just said that WW remembers him of Buffy, not that she is like Buffy. Anyway buffy is a great character

#473 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8438 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: He didn't implied anything about Azzarelo treatening Wonder Woman as Buffy. He said something on stories remember something of Buffy,.

#475 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio
#476 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8438 posts) - - Show Bio
#477 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio
#478 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8438 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Me too. I liked that ideia of Pandora,being the Pandora of the myth and that gives some highlights to Diana

#480 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Great scans.

#481 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

nothing impressive,but thanks for taking the time to post them,maybe by the end of the decade wonder woman will do something impressive,something that 100% of the mid-powerhouses can't do,and then we'll feel that we are seeing wonder woman again.

#482 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio
#483 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: @lilben42:

“A fan asked if Wonder Woman's relationship with Superman, described by the audience member as "gravitating towards the one man stronger than her," goes against WW's ideals. "Who says he's stronger than her?" Azzarello answered.

Maybe for Now,wonder woman isnt has great feats,but,read it,I think Azzarello tell us New 52 wonder woman AT LEAST as strong as superman

Let us waiting

#484 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1199 posts) - - Show Bio
#485 Edited by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio
#486 Edited by theOVOXO (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: @lilben42:

“A fan asked if Wonder Woman's relationship with Superman, described by the audience member as "gravitating towards the one man stronger than her," goes against WW's ideals. "Who says he's stronger than her?" Azzarello answered.

Maybe for Now,wonder woman isnt has great feats,but,read it,I think Azzarello tell us New 52 wonder woman AT LEAST as strong as superman

Let us waiting

He also said that she was a better fighter than batman himself since she was trained at birth.

#487 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

@theovoxo: Yes!

AT LEAST as strong as superman,and better fighter than batman!

#488 Edited by lifeofvibe (3430 posts) - - Show Bio

@theovoxo: a better figther but onley in the same form of martail arts so i can see where hes coming from

#489 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that real amazing,if wonder woman as strong as superman and better fighter than batman...god...she must be real powerful

#490 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: don't trust in azzarello,nothing sugests that she is in superman's league in the new 52.

#491 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: I know she isnt has great feats. But at least it is a promise

#492 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: And check her stroy,i think he focused on the story and plot,but not mean wonder woman is weak,just time has not yet

#493 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8438 posts) - - Show Bio
#494 Edited by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio
#495 Posted by cameron83 (6748 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: hmmm boobs muscles!!!!!!!!!!!11

hm..how about a version of Wonder Woman vs Faora from MOS?

Or something like that....lol I just thought of it recently...

#496 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8438 posts) - - Show Bio
#497 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: It's would be very good,In the Pre-crisis,Faora once beat Superman,she was very close to superman in strength(It's could be stronger than wonder woman) and has better fight, The most impressive is she beat superman with EASILY

yes,very easily..that was most awesome

#498 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns is so bad at writing Wonder Woman. Why would she randomly choke her friend. When she could just as easily talk it out.

#499 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

On the bright side we know Johns has been reading Wonder Woman. So everything feels a little more connected now.

#500 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8438 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.