New 52 vs Pre 52 Wonder Woman

#1 Posted by wonderW (195 posts) - - Show Bio

In the new 52 of Wonder Woman she is still gaining a lot of her old powers back and just learned how to fly not too long ago. in the new 52 JLA she is a lot more powerful, and looks like they are still adding more powers to Wonder Woman in her own Comic. I just have to ask, does she seem to be more powerful then pre 52 or has the new 52 Wonder Woman not shown us just yet what she is really made of?

I have to say to me she seems weaker in the new 52.

#2 Posted by darkman61288 (851 posts) - - Show Bio

Ii depends on if u are talking about New 52 JL WW or New 52 solo WW

#3 Posted by Press Oblivion (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, I think that it's all about your perspective as there is no definitive proof to one point or the other.

I think that NEW Wonder Woman is more powerful.

#4 Posted by 80sBaby (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

There's not enough evidence for NuDiana being weaker OR stronger than her Pre-FP version.

#5 Posted by colonyofcells (2039 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Wonder Woman is like the gods again and can beat up greek gods and new gods and also Darkseid.

#6 Posted by jphulk26 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Azz thinks he has made her more powerful, but since he knows nothing about the character I think he´s failed to achieve that. Pre New 52 WW was pretty powerful.

#7 Posted by theOVOXO (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Given that the new 52 WW power is still evolving, its too early to compare the two. It's like comparing the life of a 1 year old to a 70 year old.

#8 Edited by agent41 (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 Diana one-shottes the her undeveloped and weak new version.

#9 Posted by agent41 (6186 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Saint_Sophie (5841 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I think the op's asking if the current Diana is stronger than Pre 52 Diana.

#11 Edited by agent41 (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_sophie said:

@agent41: I think the op's asking if the current Diana is stronger than Pre 52 Diana.

Obiously not so far.

#12 Posted by wonderfulpeople (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the new 52 one will be more powerful ,cus now is still very young for new 52 , ww already been the god of war , she can go to her godmode without her bracelets , and she is daughter of zeus which she has the power of using thunder . She maybe far more powerful later...

#13 Edited by ZhuRong (6729 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Wonder Woman would be more powerful if she had better writers writing her to her full capabilities

#14 Edited by agent41 (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 Diana stomps.

#15 Posted by CSG_CL (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its a rather impossible to say. I think N52 Diana has been showcased by DC as much closer to SM than Post-Crisis Diana was. I think Post-Crisis Diana took time to evolve just as N52 Diana is currently doing. But I think N52 Diana started at a higher base level relative to her universe than Post-Crisis Diana did. N52 Diana was shown right from issue 1 of JL to be near/equal to SM level whereas PC-Diana was much weaker but had more abilities.

Neither of them stack up to Golden Age WW, who was at least the equal of SM.

#16 Posted by agent41 (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: Hurting New 52 Superman with a kick is not proof of New 52 WW being his equal. She struggled with New 52 aquaman the 2 times they fought. It was a serious fight. But that incident with Neww 52 Superman wasn't a serious fight either.

And issue first of Azz she did nothing above street leveler like spiderman while first issue of Post Crisis WW was doing things way above street levelers like spiderman. By the 4 years of Post Crisis WW had way better feats than New 52 WW in the 4 year of New 52. Things may change in the future. But so far. Pre 52 WW>>>>>New 52.

#17 Posted by CSG_CL (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:

@csg_cl: Hurting New 52 Superman with a kick is not proof of New 52 WW being his equal. She struggled with New 52 aquaman the 2 times they fought. It was a serious fight. But that incident with Neww 52 Superman wasn't a serious fight either.

And issue first of Azz she did nothing above street leveler like spiderman while first issue of Post Crisis WW was doing things way above street levelers like spiderman. By the 4 years of Post Crisis WW had way better feats than New 52 WW in the 4 year of New 52. Things may change in the future. But so far. Pre 52 WW>>>>>New 52.

you guys rely way too much on feats and what you think they tell you. it's a vicious cycle IMO ... one writer throws in mega-feats while another relies more on plot devices, it doesn't mean squat in the end since the next writer down the line simply undoes what they don't like anyway.

#18 Posted by agent41 (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: Then nobody can say New 52 WW is at Pre 52 level without proof. Consistent feats exist. And going by consistent feats New 52 WW is not that impressive.

#19 Posted by CSG_CL (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I disagree that consistent feats exist. But the bigger issue is usually that people take a single HUGE feat and try to spin that into a story of power levels. Trying to make a claim that AM is more powerful than WW based on his feats and her perceived lack of feats doesn't hold up. To me WW going toe to toe with gods and Kryptonians far surpasses anything AM has accomplished. The fact that she battled and held her own against beings that manhandled SM speaks volumes about what power level they have her at. She took down Mongol in N52 ... Something Pre-52 never came close to accomplishing.

#20 Edited by xXxcarzellxXx (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: yeah I hate how people compare her to aquaman she beat two kryptonians who would analy rape aquaman even the female would rape him

#21 Posted by Justthatkid (5865 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasnt Mongul offpanel and given no context behind it? Arent those featless Gods? What was even the way she took down the Kryptonians.? Couldnt New52 Diana command Pre52 Diana with that God of War command stuff?

#22 Posted by ZhuRong (6729 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: Too bad Pre52 resisted far better mind control

#23 Posted by CSG_CL (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: well Heracles managed to manhandle AM in AM solo book and Apollo literally b!tch slapped SM pretty good so I wouldn't really call them featless.

As to Mongul, a win is a win ... the panel shown gives plenty of context to understand that she subdues him and uses the lasso to dominate his will and control WW.

#24 Posted by Claymore1998 (9651 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong said:

New 52 Wonder Woman would be more powerful if she had better writers writing her to her full capabilities

#25 Posted by Justthatkid (5865 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl said:

@justthatkid: well Heracles managed to manhandle AM in AM solo book and Apollo literally b!tch slapped SM pretty good so I wouldn't really call them featless.

I could agree to that.

"As to Mongul, a win is a win ... the panel shown gives plenty of context to understand that she subdues him and uses the lasso to dominate his will and control WW."

But here all we know is that Wonder Woman managed to subdue him with the lasso not how it got to that point or if their was much if any of a struggle to do so. Would be nice if I writer could go back and actually somehow show how it went down.

#26 Edited by Saint_Sophie (5841 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 should be more powerful, given her goddess status, but as it stands, Post Crisis wins handily.

#27 Posted by CSG_CL (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: well, given the history and the fact that he was on his knees being forced to help in a situation he had already clearly to try and stay out of I would say it wasn't exactly amicable. Regardless, she was able to do this to a character that gave SM a run for his money and a character who had destroyed her in previous continuity.

#28 Posted by Justthatkid (5865 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: Thats way to much assuming, and that's the point of what Im saying. There isnt much context behind her subduing Mongul to say it required physical force or a fight was had. For all we know Mongul was taken by surprise and didn't see the lasso coming.

Have no doubt she could take down Superman though. Or even some Superman characters.

Not sure how her warrior TP works could be more to it then just being TP.

#29 Posted by CSG_CL (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: we have several other issues worth of set up to work off of though. She already proved she was stronger than Mongol when she close the dimensional rift when he could not. He immediately attacked her then, and we've yet to see Diana even attempt any kind of sneak attack. Couple that wih the one scene we do have which clearly shows the aftermath of a fight and it adds up pretty quick IMO.

#30 Posted by Justthatkid (5865 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: Can you tell me the issues of these events?

#31 Posted by CSG_CL (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: It was all during the Doomed cross over ... Some was in SM/BM #11 (I think) and possibly SM/WW #9 or 10 ... I really didn't like the Doomed event, so I'm not super sure which specific issues

#32 Posted by Justthatkid (5865 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: Ill check it out most likely skim. SuperDoom was pretty meh, and lasted longer then it should have.

#33 Posted by CSG_CL (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: yeah, it was pretty much garbage IMO ... I'm pretty tired of any kind of "the good guys go bad" story ... It's so over done at this point I have lost all interest.

#34 Edited by Saint_Sophie (5841 posts) - - Show Bio

And even the though the op probably doesn't even log on anymore, yes. I'd say currently Diana's weaker.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.