My Thoughts on the Adrianne Palicki Costume

Posted by RazzaTazz (9676 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a little behind on getting in on the comments for the Wonder Woman television show thread (already up to 400 posts) so I thought I would share my own opinions here.  In terms of the costume as shown I can say that I mostly like it.  Maybe not in the traditional sense of what Wonder Woman represents but in terms of selling the product on television I can agree with it.  First of all most people don't have much of an association with Wonder Woman so I don't think the departure of the original costume is going to effect them that much.  Of course there are a lot of comic book fans which don't like the costume, but the network is trying to reach a wider audience, and guess what?  Just like the Birds of Prey television show, it doesn't matter how close to source material you get because most comic fans will watch it anyway (or think of how many people watched that horrible Justice League pilot from the 90s on youtube).  I am not sure why that it is, but I think it has to with bridging the gap between still and moving pictures.  Comic book fans as a group are the most imaginative group of people that I know but it seems whenever there is a tv show that we love to sort let the screen ease our collective imaginative minds by filling in the blanks for us in between panels, our how a fight progresses.  The costume itself is important because in order to reach some level of success the show is going to reach new fans, and I honestly think that the bikini version of the costume would put off some mothers from letting their children watch (or wives/girlfriends letting their husbands/boyfriends) so although this is the new costume it can only help to make her reach a wider crowd.  Ideally what will happen is that interest in the television show will warrant a movie on the big screen in which we can get the traditional costume and origin story told right (I am a fan of the new costume, as I have made clear many times before, but I think a movie would have to include the original costume at least to begin with.)  As for the overall appearance of the costume (the sort of plastic like appearance) we have to keep in mind that this is a television show and they don't have the same budgets as movies.  If this was a movie I am sure they could put together something less chintzy looking, but it is a television show which has to shoot weekly and the costume is going to through a lot of wear and need to be replaced a lot.  I am sure they have chosen the fabric and material which will best help them to do that.  To critique it completely though, as always not a big fan of heels on a superheroine though and the chunky ones here don't add anything to the costume.  The red lipstick is also a bit unnecessary and makes Diana look like more of a glamour girl, which is something she never really portrays.  Those aren't really a big deal though.  My one main problem with the whole look is more of a technicality, and its that I already have the image of Palicki being a blonde in my head, and seeing her as a brunette looks pretty fake.  Still I think we should give the show a chance before we write it off.  
#1 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

IT STINKS!  I've seen better costumes at K-mart 

They are not even trying... They are just tying to get some cash.. 

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33895 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how it should have looked

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have just copied her current look. It suits a TV series perfectly.

#4 Posted by Metro_Man (584 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz said:
"

I am a little behind on getting in on the comments for the Wonder Woman television show thread (already up to 400 posts) so I thought I would share my own opinions here.  In terms of the costume as shown I can say that I mostly like it.  Maybe not in the traditional sense of what Wonder Woman represents but in terms of selling the product on television I can agree with it.  First of all most people don't have much of an association with Wonder Woman so I don't think the departure of the original costume is going to effect them that much.  Of course there are a lot of comic book fans which don't like the costume, but the network is trying to reach a wider audience, and guess what?  Just like the Birds of Prey television show, it doesn't matter how close to source material you get because most comic fans will watch it anyway (or think of how many people watched that horrible Justice League pilot from the 90s on youtube).  I am not sure why that it is, but I think it has to with bridging the gap between still and moving pictures.  Comic book fans as a group are the most imaginative group of people that I know but it seems whenever there is a tv show that we love to sort let the screen ease our collective imaginative minds by filling in the blanks for us in between panels, our how a fight progresses.  The costume itself is important because in order to reach some level of success the show is going to reach new fans, and I honestly think that the bikini version of the costume would put off some mothers from letting their children watch (or wives/girlfriends letting their husbands/boyfriends) so although this is the new costume it can only help to make her reach a wider crowd.  Ideally what will happen is that interest in the television show will warrant a movie on the big screen in which we can get the traditional costume and origin story told right (I am a fan of the new costume, as I have made clear many times before, but I think a movie would have to include the original costume at least to begin with.)  As for the overall appearance of the costume (the sort of plastic like appearance) we have to keep in mind that this is a television show and they don't have the same budgets as movies.  If this was a movie I am sure they could put together something less chintzy looking, but it is a television show which has to shoot weekly and the costume is going to through a lot of wear and need to be replaced a lot.  I am sure they have chosen the fabric and material which will best help them to do that.  To critique it completely though, as always not a big fan of heels on a superheroine though and the chunky ones here don't add anything to the costume.  The red lipstick is also a bit unnecessary and makes Diana look like more of a glamour girl, which is something she never really portrays.  Those aren't really a big deal though.  My one main problem with the whole look is more of a technicality, and its that I already have the image of Palicki being a blonde in my head, and seeing her as a brunette looks pretty fake.  Still I think we should give the show a chance before we write it off.   "

My eyes need a break, after reading this. I won't be watching this untill I hear it is worth my attention. I know you like the new costume. I don't. I also don't like Adrianne Palicki as a whole, and don't see her being true to the character at all. If this show does not stay true to DC Wonder Woman, and write her correctly, I won't be watching the show. (She looks like a cheap hooker, wearing a even cheaper Halloween costume).
#5 Posted by thehummingbird (3380 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have went with the odyssey look from the ongoing arc in the comic book series, rather than messing with both other costumes just to make it come across as awkward. It does probably sell better...but I still do not think he actress was suited for the role at all...>.>

#6 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

There's much one can say about why they should or should not like this costume and I can understand the arguments.  For me personally I'm leaning a little bit more towards thinking the costume is barely adequate, for some obvious reasons.  I have nothing against the corset/cuirass/belt arrangement.  That looks just fine and seems to stay true to the comics.  The tiara seems fine though it could be a little more prominent to me upon her forehead.   The boots need to be red, period.  The design is almost exactly as they'd be in print; they just need to be red.  And now onto the pants.  Seriously, the tight plastic like consistency that they have just seem a little too tight and seem to cheapen the overall effect.  I can understand why they didn't emblazon them with white stars all over the place because that would just look plain silly (though this wouldn't happen if it was a bikini bottom, but that's another issue entirely).  I like how they make up for it with stars on the sides of the pants, though I'm not sure why they need to be gold stars.  In all sadly, most of the look is great, but with some of the shortcomings I mention, the costume to me makes it seem like this costume belongs in an adult video parody of Wonder Woman instead of a prime time television network.  Harsh judgment, I know.   
    It makes me wonder then if there's a possibility that Diana is going to be in a fire in one of the episodes and the pants may be singed away, shortening the fabric and exposing leg once more.  It could happen after all, and in truth it would be no different than the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, whom I might add was a product of the 1970s women's lib movement as well as its ever-present sexual revolution.  It wouldn't be so taboo to have her in something a little short for this show in my opinion.  Though, I'm sure we'll never see my favorite depiction of Diana on the big screen ever... 

Ed Benes, you are the man!

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12978 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just cheesy looking, I also think Palicki should have toned up at least a little bit. 

For real though They could have went with some darker colors. that may have gave it a little more texture
#8 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

The fit of the pants make her crotch look weird, I'm just saying.  

I would have like to have seen darker pants and the jacket and wristguards look, that would have translated very nicely on screen.

Wonder Woman
#9 Posted by RazzaTazz (9676 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus:
@Metro_Man:
@spiderbat87:
I was not necessarily trying to debate the worth of this specific costume, but rather point out that many fans are arguing against something which will make the show more popular to the masses. 
#10 Posted by COINRETURNSLOT (1052 posts) - - Show Bio
This makes me sad... I hate the belt.  The Boots should be red. She looks kind of like a prostitute. The tiara style doesn't suit her. The costume is much too bright and way too blue. It looks like it is extremely inexpensive, and like the entire thing is made of some sort of plastic material. I have so many issues with this it's not even funny. Gosh, I hope this was just a test run, and that they make a switch to a beautiful more WW appropriate costume. (They can even keep pants for all I care, just tone them down a bit..) 
#11 Posted by MrDirector786 (43606 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the look is okay, but I don't like the plastic look of the costume. I didn't care that they were going with her new look from the comics, its just that the plastic look and shine of the costume look really weird. But I guess its true that this is a TV budget so they can't have something super good. Hopefully, this show will still be good though.

#12 Posted by MrDirector786 (43606 posts) - - Show Bio

And before I forget, I agree that the lipstick is unneeded.

#13 Posted by G-Man (36655 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the blue in the pants should be a little darker and with a less spandex look. But who knows how it will look on screen with different lighting and lens filters. I won't be one to get in an uproar over this. I totally respect her true look but just don't think it would fit in the live action setting being created here. I'll keep an open mind but won't be on the edge of my seat waiting. I'm just glad WW is getting some small screen attention.

Staff
#14 Posted by Noctis (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

I like your thoughts ^.^

#15 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Adrianne looks more like comic book Wonder Woman then delicate Lynda Carter did. Adrianne looks like she can fight! Lynda Carter looked like a centerfold model. The costume is very good considering its a superhero costume.

#16 Posted by UltraHeroix (155 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer this look... 

#17 Posted by digimod (239 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen Adrianne in a few roles and I just can't see her playing Wonder Woman. Maybe I will change my mind and she will surprise me but I just can't shake that almost sorority-girl / college coed image I have of her.  I feel like it is her personality and acting style more than her looks that contributes to this image (although her looks don't help) I have of her.  I just don't see the strong independent female that Wonder Woman is.

#18 Posted by Rabbit Tots (477 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltraHeroix:
Thank you!
#19 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

The costume is such a SMALL part of this TV show. Not sure what the big deal is. Wonder Woman is in costume in only  2 scenes of the entire show. Diana as Diana Theymiscara is going to have a whole array of outfits she wears.

The reason why the costume is even different from Lynda Carters is crucial to the point and theme of the show.

Most of you are going to hate the show if the costume is all you care about. Why punish yourselves and debate this when it will show up in only 2 scenes? and that trend will probably continue if the show is picked up

Wonder Woman is more than a costume. atleast she should be and that is what this show is going to focus on. Wonder Woman not being Wonder Woman and the issue that she has to deal with.

#20 Edited by Vitality (1768 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:

"The costume is such a SMALL part of this TV show. Not sure what the big deal is. Wonder Woman is in costume in only  2 scenes of the entire show. Diana as Diana Theymiscara is going to have a whole array of outfits she wears.  The reason why the costume is even different from Lynda Carters is crucial to the point and theme of the show.  Most of you are going to hate the show if the costume is all you care about. Why punish yourselves and debate this when it will show up in only 2 scenes? and that trend will probably continue if the show is picked up Wonder Woman is more than a costume. atleast she should be and that is what this show is going to focus on. Wonder Woman not being Wonder Woman and the issue that she has to deal with. "

While I agree with you that the costume will be a small part of the show...I believe that the "campiness" of the costume will hurt the show...viewer wise.
#21 Posted by UltraHeroix (155 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW:  The costume is one of the most important things for a superhero character. It reflects who they are and what they are trying to do. Heroes like Batman, Superman and Spiderman wears costumes as a symbol and functionality and for us as fans, it looks damn cool. Would Batman be as interesting or fearsome if he didn't wear his costume and just fought crime in  trench coat. He could but it would be boring for me.

The costume also helps separates a hero from a superhero. The hero does the right thing no matter what and would be happy with anonymity. A Super Hero, does all of that but is also a larger than life figure and uses their costume as a message, a tool and/or a way to express themselves.
#22 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

the updated version is MUCH better 
especially when they haven't airbrushed her back into pre-pubessant 12 year old
#23 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vitality said:

" @WDW said:

"The costume is such a SMALL part of this TV show. Not sure what the big deal is. Wonder Woman is in costume in only  2 scenes of the entire show. Diana as Diana Theymiscara is going to have a whole array of outfits she wears.  The reason why the costume is even different from Lynda Carters is crucial to the point and theme of the show.  Most of you are going to hate the show if the costume is all you care about. Why punish yourselves and debate this when it will show up in only 2 scenes? and that trend will probably continue if the show is picked up Wonder Woman is more than a costume. atleast she should be and that is what this show is going to focus on. Wonder Woman not being Wonder Woman and the issue that she has to deal with. "

While I agree with you that the costume will be a small part of the show...I believe that the "campiness" of the costume will hurt the show...viewer wise. "

For me it depends on how they work it.....I get the sense that Diana as  Wonder Woman  will feel forced to wear the costume because she sells merchandise based on the costume and that's how she makes money to fund her crime fighting... The point being she does not like the costume herself she is just wearing it for her crazy fans. I think that concept is very entertaining.to have in the show

If that's the angle they are going to take then I find the whole costume issue pretty cool.  but of course I am guessing and you have a valid point

I accept the costume and the script because this is TV. If this was the movie version I would want a fairly serious take on Wonder Woman like the 2009 animated movie and an AWESOME costume for a 150million + movie budget  .
#24 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Look its Wonder Woman and she is not wearing her costume! I think this show will be awesome the premise for the show is brilliant. I always wanted to know what wonder woman does in her spare time!

Can't wait to see it

#25 Posted by SC (13212 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:
"   Look its Wonder Woman and she is not wearing her costume! I think this show will be awesome the premise for the show is brilliant. I always wanted to know what wonder woman does in her spare time!

Can't wait to see it

"

Oooh, thats great! I like her hair a lot more here, looks more natural. lol the doll. I mean uh... action figure. 
#26 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you liking it better with the red boots Razz?

#27 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:
"   Look its Wonder Woman and she is not wearing her costume! I think this show will be awesome the premise for the show is brilliant. I always wanted to know what wonder woman does in her spare time!

Can't wait to see it

"
I love the way Kelley is exploring elements of Wonder Woman which were touched on in her comics here is an example. One scene (BELOW) I liked in the comics will be sort of translated to the TV show! BRILLIANT!

#28 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:

"
She killed a GUNDAM!!!! G*d*mmit! I hate her now! :D
#29 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltraHeroix said:

" @WDW:  The costume is one of the most important things for a superhero character. It reflects who they are and what they are trying to do. Heroes like Batman, Superman and Spiderman wears costumes as a symbol and functionality and for us as fans, it looks damn cool. Would Batman be as interesting or fearsome if he didn't wear his costume and just fought crime in  trench coat. He could but it would be boring for me.  The costume also helps separates a hero from a superhero. The hero does the right thing no matter what and would be happy with anonymity. A Super Hero, does all of that but is also a larger than life figure and uses their costume as a message, a tool and/or a way to express themselves. "

Wonder Woman's classic costume certainly violates the functionality criteria and  the damn cool criteria 

The New Comic Book costume fills the needs and wants of a superhero costume
#30 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio
@Band Lone said:
"IT STINKS!  I've seen better costumes at K-mart   They are not even trying... They are just tying to get some cash..  "
#31 Posted by PowerHerc (84993 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a good update of the costume.  They should stick to the classic/iconic version.   

None of the Birds of Prey are instantly recognizable icons.  This fact gave the creators/producers of that show more room to maneuver.  Wonder Woman IS THE most recognizable superheroine, bar none.  Tinkering with her look could (In my opinion; will) have a negative impact on the show's success.  Also, this actress' face looks too round/baby fattish for the part.   

This show won't make it for the long haul
#32 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

"  Not a good update of the costume.  They should stick to the classic/iconic version.    None of the Birds of Prey are instantly recognizable icons.  This fact gave the creators/producers of that show more room to maneuver.  Wonder Woman IS THE most recognizable superheroine, bar none.  Tinkering with her look could (In my opinion; will) have a negative impact on the show's success.  Also, this actress' face looks too round/baby fattish for the part.    This show won't make it for the long haul "

Smallville (a show I do not watch) lasted 10 season without one showing of Supermans classic  costume. They did not even allow him to fly in his own show...and you are telling me these minor tweaks in Wonder Womans costume will make her unrecognizable? I know its your opinion but I thought I would point it out incase you did not know or forgot. And about her face... Nobody will ever be satisfied regardless of who is cast. Adrianne is fine. These are behind the scene shots. The actual show is not going to show all the bad camera angles that are show in the behind the scene shots.

Even the most beautiful actress can be made ugly by a shot taken in wrong lighting or angle.
#33 Posted by PowerHerc (84993 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:
"@PowerHerc said:

"  Not a good update of the costume.  They should stick to the classic/iconic version.    None of the Birds of Prey are instantly recognizable icons.  This fact gave the creators/producers of that show more room to maneuver.  Wonder Woman IS THE most recognizable superheroine, bar none.  Tinkering with her look could (In my opinion; will) have a negative impact on the show's success.  Also, this actress' face looks too round/baby fattish for the part.    This show won't make it for the long haul "

Smallville (a show I do not watch) lasted 10 season without one showing of Supermans classic  costume. They did not even allow him to fly in his own show...and you are telling me these minor tweaks in Wonder Womans costume will make her unrecognizable? I know its your opinion but I thought I would point it out incase you did not know or forgot. And about her face... Nobody will ever be satisfied regardless of who is cast. Adrianne is fine. These are behind the scene shots. The actual show is not going to show all the bad camera angles that are show in the behind the scene shots.  Even the most beautiful actress can be made ugly by a shot taken in wrong lighting or angle. "

Yeah, Smallvile has lasted 10 years so you have a point.  However, my opinion stands; they've tinkered too much with her look and it won't work.  I may be proven wrong.   

I was commenting on Adrianne's appearance based on officially released promo shots, not the behind-the-scenes ones (I haven't seen those).  I think you meant not everybody will be satisfied no matter whom is cast (you stated "Nobody will ever be satisfied . . ") and I agree with that sentiment, though I think a more suitable choice could have been made
#34 Posted by UltraHeroix (155 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:
" @UltraHeroix said:

" @WDW:  The costume is one of the most important things for a superhero character. It reflects who they are and what they are trying to do. Heroes like Batman, Superman and Spiderman wears costumes as a symbol and functionality and for us as fans, it looks damn cool. Would Batman be as interesting or fearsome if he didn't wear his costume and just fought crime in  trench coat. He could but it would be boring for me.  The costume also helps separates a hero from a superhero. The hero does the right thing no matter what and would be happy with anonymity. A Super Hero, does all of that but is also a larger than life figure and uses their costume as a message, a tool and/or a way to express themselves. "

Wonder Woman's classic costume certainly violates the functionality criteria and  the damn cool criteria   The New Comic Book costume fills the needs and wants of a superhero costume "
That is your opinion which I respect but I totally disagree with. It's good that you like the costume but I don't.
#35 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltraHeroix said:

" @WDW said:

" @UltraHeroix said:

Wonder Woman's classic costume certainly violates the functionality criteria and  the damn cool criteria   The New Comic Book costume fills the needs and wants of a superhero costume "
That is your opinion which I respect but I totally disagree with. It's good that you like the costume but I don't. "

Right... well just pointing out that the original statement you made is accurate but does not necessarily apply to any costume in any comic book universe. It's just a general statement about what a costume is but does not address the personal tastes of the individual.

Just curious, Do you like Wonder Woman's classic costume because of the design elements; color style? as in, that's how you would have designed it 60 years ago? or do you like it because she has had it so long and you consider it iconic

#36 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

I was commenting on Adrianne's appearance based on officially released promo shots, not the behind-the-scenes ones (I haven't seen those).  I think you meant not everybody will be satisfied no matter whom is cast (you stated "Nobody will ever be satisfied . . ") and I agree with that sentiment, though I think a more suitable choice could have been made "
Yeah the promo is a photoshoped mess however you can catch a picture of what she actually looks like below. Adrianne is a solid 5'11-6'0 tall no heels she has the stature of an Amazon she is a JOCK (played vollyball) looks the part and of  course she can ACT very good. in my opinion the casting is excellent. I dont see the point of casting a 5'8" ish actress who has subpar acting skills just so Wonder Woman can look better in a costume which she is only going to wear in like 2 scenes in every episode. This TV show is about what Wonder Woman does when she is not Wonder Woman. its not an action flick. The script is complex and has many layers. Acting needs to be on point if the show is going to work. I dont expect Comic fans to like it anyway.

Now if this was Wonder Woman action flick/movie I would agree more.... but again anyone playing Wonder Woman should to be atleast a solid 5'10 with no heels and a decent actor in my opinion. personally I cant see Wonder Woman constantly looking up at the people she encounters because she is cast short. 

#37 Posted by PowerHerc (84993 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW:
Whoa!  You seem defensive.  I didn't suggest WW should be played by someone shorter who can't act (I don't consider 5'8" short for a woman,btw), I just said I think they could have found someone who looks more the part.  Are you really suggesting there isn't anyone else who could play this part?   

I didn't know the show wasn't aimed at comic fans, but judging by the costume and the casting, I should have guessed.  Strange that a show would be made about a comic character without intending the audience to be comic fans.  I wonder what demographic they're shooting for?  Who are they aiming this show at?  Do you know?  

I know I wouldn't have any interest in it or check it out if I wasn't a fan.  It's like making a western without having people who like/watch westerns in mind.  Or a sci-fi show without trying to appeal to fans of that genre.  Who's going to watch?  It doesn't make sense to go through all the trouble of making a series based on Wonder Woman without trying to appeal to this character's ready-made, built-in audience; comic fans.
#38 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

" @WDW: Whoa!  You seem defensive.  I didn't suggest WW should be played by someone shorter who can't act (I don't consider 5'8" short for a woman,btw), I just said I think they could have found someone who looks more the part.  Are you really suggesting there isn't anyone else who could play this part?    I didn't know the show wasn't aimed at comic fans, but judging by the costume and the casting, I should have guessed.  Strange that a show would be made about a comic character without intending the audience to be comic fans.  I wonder what demographic they're shooting for?  Who are they aiming this show at?  Do you know?   I know I wouldn't have any interest in it or check it out if I wasn't a fan.  It's like making a western without having people who like/watch westerns in mind.  Or a sci-fi show without trying to appeal to fans of that genre.  Who's going to watch?  It doesn't make sense to go through all the trouble of making a series based on Wonder Woman without trying to appeal to this character's ready-made, built-in audience; comic fans. "

Oh not being defensive sorry of it came out that way. I guess I am wrongly assuming everyone knows what this show will be about.  I think the script really determines the character they need to cast.... I am saying that Adrianne is an excellent choice based on this script. Also, Considering all the buzz around the show, the NEWs coverage about her costume, casting, all the positive and negative feedback,  the recent arrival of the MAC makeup and beauty products and R&B songs that use the name Wonder Woman, I am pretty sure there are plenty of none comic book fans that are going to watch the show. Not to mention its being Produce by DAVID E KELLEY who has a very loyal following for his TV shows outside of comic books of course. I am pretty sure well over 10+ million and certainly more will watch the pilot minus the comic book fans. 

Wonder Woman Comic book fans, people who actually buy her comic will make up a very small number of the viewers. Wonder Woman sells like 40k copies of her comic a month (if that). Even if we say she has 100K loyal fans who buy her comic every month, It's still nothing compared to the millions of people who are vary familiar with Wonder Woman but don't read her comics. 

They are shooting for 18-45 demographic. (That is why it cant be like the comics)

To give an example, from what I hear most comic book fans HATE Smallville yet its lasted very long because it has plenty of non comic book fans. If a TV story is good but not like the comics,   non-comic book fans are going to watch the show anyway and they number in the millions. If the story is good but not like the comics, comic book fans will not watch and they only number in the thousands. If I was a producer I would rather lose the comic book fans.

To tell you the truth I am not a comic book fan I just love Wonder Woman so much that I collect her comics. People that don't read the comics like most of my friends instantly understand and recognise what I mean when I say I feel like Wonder Woman today.

Forgot to add I dont know many actresses over 5'10 that can play Wonder Woman.... and 5'8 is short for Wonder Woman 5'9 is even short....Not sure who you had in mind to play Wonder Woman that can fill the height requirement and still be a decent actress
#39 Posted by PowerHerc (84993 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW:
Not a fan, huh?  I guess that's cool.  :D
#40 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" @WDW: Not a fan, huh?  I guess that's cool.  :D "
LOL believe me I tried to get into other comics. I just can't even Batman.... I love comic book MOVIES and TV shows to death and anything animated especially the justice league cartoon. Not so much Young Justice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.