Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

My Idea For A Circe Origin

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Remember the part in the Odyssey where Odyseus and his men stumble across Circe's island and get turned into animals? I'd add a twist to that. Odyseus and his men do find the island but instead are given shelter and food by Circe who has no ill intentions toward them. However, Odyseus drugs Circe and ribs her home and kills her daughter Lyra. On their way, some of Odyseus' men consume a plant that was on Circe's island which turns them into beasts and kill some of the men who weren't turned. This betrayal by Odyseus as well as the following slander would be what sets Circe on a path to darkness. She'd also try to appeal to the Amazons as both are women who've been shunned and slandered by the world if men.

So what do you guys think?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

Remember the part in the Odyssey where Odyseus and his men stumble across Circe's island and get turned into animals? I'd add a twist to that. Odyseus and his men do find the island but instead are given shelter and food by Circe who has no ill intentions toward them. However, Odyseus drugs Circe and ribs her home and kills her daughter Lyra. On their way, some of Odyseus' men consume a plant that was on Circe's island which turns them into beasts and kill some of the men who weren't turned. This betrayal by Odyseus as well as the following slander would be what sets Circe on a path to darkness. She'd also try to appeal to the Amazons as both are women who've been shunned and slandered by the world if men.

I think the Amazon's would help her and then adopt her if this is what happened. Why would they not?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just make Circe a hell lord :) I think that would be kind of cool

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: They might. Though they might disagree with her becoming more murderous towards Man's World.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

@csg_cl: They might. Though they might disagree with her becoming more murderous towards Man's World.

I think I prefer her as the pseudo-descendant of Hecate or simply a mischievous witch. Not all villains need a sob story to be villains, I kind of like have a few in the mix that are just crazy, or inherently just bullies or misogynists/misandrists etc...

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

its a very good idea, don´t listen to these people.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Circe is about domination and humiliation and she's meant to get pleasure out of the act of having that power over people and abusing it as well as being a woman chasing and desiring more power so i dont know if this displays that particular point about the character plus i think its fun to have her be the sort of campy evil villainess she's protrayed as. while i still think the entire mythos should be focusing on rehabilitation for all its villains when its a fathomable option i dont think she needs a tragic backstory

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

First off... shouldn't this be in Circe's own forum?

Secondly, like I said elsewhere... I think Circe is the kind of villain that just works best when she isn't given any redeeming features or just very few. Because Circe is as close as a complete opposite of Diana in both power (might vs magic), goals (harmony vs dominion) and personality. As such, she is nearly a Disney villain, like the Evil Queen, Maleficent and Cruella de Vill, and it just works... because Diana is the opposite, a knight in shining armor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.