Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Most Underrated Rogues Gallery

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Does Wonder Woman have the most underrated rogues gallery? Ares, Circe, Cheetah, Hades,Doctor Psycho, and Giganta are all powerful villains that pose a threat but it seems several people say she has lame and ridiculous villains. I mean sure there is Egg Fu but he isnt even one of her big villains. Agree or Disagree

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Wonder woman is underrated so much so that people think that batman can defeat her even though she's sorely out of their weightclass and quite frankly is on par with the supermans and other 100 tonners of the comic world. This means her villains are also under rated people dont believe that her characters can and have been capable of keeping up with these other heroes and truthfully the problem is that people who have never read any of her stuff pre new 52, some havent even read new 52, to form a good opinion and view of WW's world.

as far as being intriguing villains i think the same can be said about people not really reading her stuff or understanding the character, especially for the frank miller batman stans, she's far too complex in a lot of ways for them from what i can tell and they dont like her for it

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: People think Batman can take Wondy?!?! I mean Im a big Batman fan but that is preposterous. I knew she didnt get much spotlight but I didnt know she was that underrated. I hope the movie will fix a few things and give Wonder Woman the respect she deserves.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Dc ares is really cool and super powerful

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdetective27: on this forum there are people that will definitely argue he can take her(and quite a few other people) esp if you give him more than an hour of prep

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darkdetective27

@willienotwilliam: Some fans are just so funny when defending their superheroes. Although I guess I cant blame them I hope Batman will win one of the fights in the new movie, but I also want Superman to win the other one so it can be said they both win and both characters can keep their integrity and everyone can be happy. And id want to see Wonder Woman kick Batmans butt to show them up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdetective27: lol id prefer if they just didn't fight or if they do no one wins because i cant imagine batman winning at all, esp without kryptonite or any real knowledge of supes. im more interested in them showing batman shine in his own right among supermen and wonder women. i do want a big fight between ww and sm that gets interrupted somehow

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darkdetective27

@willienotwilliam: Yeah that does sound better. You know you're pretty cool. Thanks for responding to several of my posts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darkdetective27

@willienotwilliam: I know it isnt what the forum says the topic is about, but since i started the topic Im sure it will slide but do you have any dc comics you would recomend to me. Also do you know how i can friend you. Im kind of new to comic vine. Its my first day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdetective27: um we can mutually follow eachother but i dont think there is a friend option or anything and welcome btw. um idk what youve read but id suggest reading John Constantine's new series that just started and/or look up some of his hellblazer stuff, since its pretty dark and i see youre a batman fan though its definitely a lot different in content than batman but its good though its pretty dark. wonder woman's new 52 run was decent, though i have quite a few issues with it personally, but it was definitely an interesting take on her and the greek pantheon. if you haven't read some of the older batman stuff i'd suggest reading the long halloween. aquaman's new 52 run is pretty good but im not too far in and id read The Flash's rebirth just because hes pretty integral to DC as a whole and that would give you some good insight into his character and its one of my personal favorites. also, all star superman by grant morrison.

oh and if you dont mind reading older stuff then WW's God and Mortals run that came out in the 80's is a great read and a more modern take on her origin would be The Circle by Gail Simone, which i think does a much better job n complicating WW's birth and origin than what new 52 did with it.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks ive only read a few detective comics and action comics, but i plan to read those that you recomended. Also who do you think should be the villains in the movie. I want Circe and Cheetah.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First tier Ares, Alkyone, Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison, The Crow Children, Vennessa Cale, Maxwell Lord are all villians that could easily be taken seriously if written properly. Conceptually as villains there is nothing inherently wrong with any of these characters. They can and have in past been shown to be very cool when written well.

Second tier Cheetah, Circe, Silver Swann, Angle Man, Dr Cyber, Genocide, and a few others are generic, but could be still used, as there are a lot of generic villians in DC. Killer Croc, Killer Frost, Firestorm, Doomsday etc.

Most of the mythological ones like Medusa work for obvious reasons.

Then there is of course a whole bunch of others who are either weird, terrible or unusable. (First Born being the latest of this batch)

That about sums it up. The ones on the top level should be used more prevelently and ww rogues would be taken a hell of a lot more seriously. Especially the first 3, who have absoluetly nothing wrong with them and are pretty original in there depiction and motivation as villains. distinct from anything I´ve seen in DC.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Compared to people she's often associated with like the Trinity, yeah she probably does have an underrated Rogues, but THE most underrated? I have to disagree.

Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Arguably The Flash are more underrated with their Villains.

Mirror Master and Captain Cold alone could give some heavy hitters real trouble if they were used smarter and taken seriously. Throw in the rest of the Rogues and they could do some serious damage if they felt like it.

Deathstroke is arguably the only villain people give real attention to in regards to Arrow's enemies, and he's more targetting the DC Heroes in their entirety. However, Vertigo, Merlyn, Richard Dragon II, and Leer are among a lot of villains that, like Green Arrow, get very little time to shine.

Outside of Ocean Master and Black Manta, the foes of Aquaman have very little to show for their time and honestly it's only been a few years we've seen some new faces do some big things.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Compared to people she's often associated with like the Trinity, yeah she probably does have an underrated Rogues, but THE most underrated? I have to disagree.

Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Arguably The Flash are more underrated with their Villains.

Mirror Master and Captain Cold alone could give some heavy hitters real trouble if they were used smarter and taken seriously. Throw in the rest of the Rogues and they could do some serious damage if they felt like it.

Deathstroke is arguably the only villain people give real attention to in regards to Arrow's enemies, and he's more targetting the DC Heroes in their entirety. However, Vertigo, Merlyn, Richard Dragon II, and Leer are among a lot of villains that, like Green Arrow, get very little time to shine.

Outside of Ocean Master and Black Manta, the foes of Aquaman have very little to show for their time and honestly it's only been a few years we've seen some new faces do some big things.

add shazam to that list

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Yeah that is a pretty good summary of where they rank. Ares is definetly her big foe imo.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Yeah their villains are pretty underrated too. I mean Green Arrows villains are so underrated that Arrow is using mostly Batman villains on the show. Look what they did to Count Verigo.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Yeah their villains are pretty underrated too. I mean Green Arrows villains are so underrated that Arrow is using mostly Batman villains on the show. Look what they did to Count Verigo.

Funny thing. I swear I'm the only person that likes the original Count they had on Arrow.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Yeah I didnt care for him there him came off like a bad scarecrow cosplayer that had a vague knowlege of the character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.