Maybe I don't understand art but...

Posted by danhimself (22290 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get it

#1 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Only Wonder Woman's vagina can shield the children.

#2 Posted by danhimself (22290 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: it's the safest place to be during an earth quake

#3 Posted by darkman61288 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

Is her vagina eating a kid? Wow it can be her archvillian.

#4 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd buy it <_<

#5 Posted by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288 said:

Is her vagina eating a kid? Wow it can be her archvillian.

Hahahahaha

#6 Posted by chalkshark (1184 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not going to hazard an interpretation on first blush. I'd like to know more about the piece and the artist.

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

It is obviously a piece demonstrating a true patriotic woman who is strong, caring and has a womb of steel.

I am somewhat curious as to what the artist truly intended with the piece.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: unfortunately it was a post on TheChive and a google image search turned up nothing

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Hmm well darn. I can make a few guesses. Patriotism and feminism seem to be the theme. Snakes and the child may have to do with protecting the innocent. I'm honestly not sure.

#10 Posted by Joygirl (18686 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm afraid to take this at face value.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: yeah like I said I don't really know much about art and that stuff....when I look at a painting or sculpture the only thoughts I have are either "ooohhhh that's pretty" or "that looks dumb"....I would like to know more about this though...since all I see is Wonder Woman with a kid's head stuck in her no no area

#12 Posted by RazzaTazz (9478 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:

I am with this sentiment.  
#13 Posted by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that WW?

#14 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by Delphic (1463 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@Joygirl said:

right there along with yall.

#16 Posted by darkman61288 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@Delphic said:

@RazzaTazz said:

@Joygirl said:

right there along with yall.

Yea apparently the girl did.

#17 Posted by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh it is WW.

#18 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the "artist" wanted to use Wonder Woman as a symbol rather than pay any actual homage to the character. Which means this has nothing to do with the Wonder Woman any of us would be interested in.

I can't speak for the birthing of a 5-year-old (while standing, no less!). Peyote? Yeah, let's go with peyote.

#19 Posted by SmashBrawler (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...

Hmm...

Hmm...

I'm trying to come up with a clever comment, but I'm afraid I have none.

#20 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by drgnx (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get it

It is very obvious, the little girl is checking for snakes ...

#22 Edited by 4_color_image (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Snakes are phallic symbols & a snake tempted Eve to eat the fruit which lead the fall from grace of mankind in the Guardian of Eden.

Snakes also represent fertility, sexual desire & passion.

The fall of man kind lead to painful child birth for women.

Wonder Woman is the ideology of femininity & womanhood.

The Eagle represents freedom, spiritual protection, carries prayers, and brings strength, courage, wisdom, illumination of spirit, healing, creation, and a knowledge of magic. The eagle has an ability to see hidden spiritual truths, rising above the material to see the spiritual. The eagle has an ability to see the overall pattern, and the connection to spirit guides and teachers. The eagle represents great power and balance, dignity with grace, a connection with higher truths, intuition and a creative spirit grace achieved through knowledge and hard work.

Red symbolizes intense passion, aggression, and courage. It can also symbolize sexual impulses, danger and shame. Red is usually not a favorite color for negotiations or meetings and is great for drawing attention to things.

In Western countries and especially in the old south years ago it was not acceptable for a woman to wear red as it meant she was cheap and easy. It was an insult in the South if a woman attended a party in a red dress.

Blue can symbolizes: youth, spirituality, truth, peace and distance.

Dark blue was the Byzantine color of an empress, lending to the Virgin Mary's early association with the color as "Queen of Heaven."

Blue is the coolest color - the color of the sky, ocean, sleep twilight. The ancient Egyptians used lapis lazuli to represent heaven. Blue symbolizes the Virgin Mary. A pure blue is the color of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality. Blue is often the chosen color by conservative people. Dark blue is the color of truth and moderation.

This is a sculpture that represents a complete woman neither virgin nor whore but embracing all aspects of what a woman is. Notice the blue is the lowest part & includes the child. The red is at the top & includes the snake. While the eagle who joins the two with truth is in the middle.

The child is not only coming out of or going into Wonder Woman's vagina but also from the tail area of the eagle. The little girl is holding up Wonder Woman & perhaps the child is giving birth to Wonder Woman & not the other way around... Remember Athene was born full grown from Zeus' head & Zeus is represented by the eagle.

I wish I had time to make a more coherent interpretation but I am at work right now & doing this between projects. But anyway, I hope this helps.

#23 Posted by SC (12703 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman symbolizes woman, and she is also a representative of the United States. Thus Wonder Woman is Americas modern Woman, she can stand tall and proud after wrestling with and defeating the male sperm (those aren't snakes, they are deformed sperm). She has wrestled back control from the patriarchy. its important to note that she can still be a woman as well as far as a mother and nurturer, hence she is also giving birth to a little girl complete with feminine skirt, because you can have it all.

I can't wait to see someone try and pull this off as cosplay now.

#24 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Not only you, man. Not only you.

#25 Posted by Nightwing28710 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Being an art student, I've seen worse. It amazes me what some consider art.

#26 Edited by drgnx (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

@4_color_image said:

Alright class pay attention ...

Snakes are phallic symbols & a snake tempted Eve to eat the fruit which lead the fall from grace of mankind in the Guardian of Eden.

Snakes also represent fertility, sexual desire & passion.

The fall of man kind lead to painful child birth for women.

Wonder Woman is the ideology of femininity & womanhood.

The Eagle represents freedom, spiritual protection, carries prayers, and brings strength, courage, wisdom, illumination of spirit, healing, creation, and a knowledge of magic. The eagle has an ability to see hidden spiritual truths, rising above the material to see the spiritual. The eagle has an ability to see the overall pattern, and the connection to spirit guides and teachers. The eagle represents great power and balance, dignity with grace, a connection with higher truths, intuition and a creative spirit grace achieved through knowledge and hard work.

Red symbolizes intense passion, aggression, and courage. It can also symbolize sexual impulses, danger and shame. Red is usually not a favorite color for negotiations or meetings and is great for drawing attention to things.

In Western countries and especially in the old south years ago it was not acceptable for a woman to wear red as it meant she was cheap and easy. It was an insult in the South if a woman attended a party in a red dress.

Blue can symbolizes: youth, spirituality, truth, peace and distance.

Dark blue was the Byzantine color of an empress, lending to the Virgin Mary's early association with the color as "Queen of Heaven."

Blue is the coolest color - the color of the sky, ocean, sleep twilight. The ancient Egyptians used lapis lazuli to represent heaven. Blue symbolizes the Virgin Mary. A pure blue is the color of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality. Blue is often the chosen color by conservative people. Dark blue is the color of truth and moderation.

This is a sculpture that represents a complete woman neither virgin nor whore but embracing all aspects of what a woman is. Notice the blue is the lowest part & includes the child. The red is at the top & includes the snake. While the eagle who joins the two with truth is in the middle.

The child is not only coming out of or going into Wonder Woman's vagina but also from the tail area of the eagle. The little girl is holding up Wonder Woman & perhaps the child is giving birth to Wonder Woman & not the other way around... Remember Athene was born full grown from Zeus' head & Zeus is represented by the eagle.

I wish I had time to make a more coherent interpretation but I am at work right now & doing this between projects. But anyway, I hope this helps.

:)

#27 Posted by darkman61288 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

This gives me an idea for a fanfic! Wonder Woman vs the Vagina.

#28 Posted by Onemoreposter (3950 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I don't get it

She stuck up some snakes to catch the child, she stuck up the child to catch the fly, I DONT KNOW WHY she stuck up the fly. Perhaps she'll die.

#29 Posted by Alchemax_7 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

The child is climbing back in to stay warm and escape the tragedy that spreads across the lands.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.