Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Madonna/ =w= mash-up for M's new single cover.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 4_color_image

Anyone seen this? The cover to her new single Superstar.

No Caption Provided
    gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gokuwarrior

madonna as wonder woman?,hell NO.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Press Oblivion

I totally thought this was spam . . . you really have to look hard to see Wonder Woman . . . think DC/Warner will sue?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Press Oblivion: it's official,and it's easy to tell is wonder woman,the bracelets,the lasso,it's lynda carter wonder woman version,maybe they will sue,i mean madonna is using wonder woman image,so she has to pay for it,even though she doesn't look good as wonder woman.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#5  Edited By RazzaTazz

I am sure she covered royalties before.  

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Press Oblivion

I'm sure it's all good, I was just making a joke . . . bad as it was.

It's such a dirty image that it's not easy to see the Wonder Woman at all . . . part of the statement I suppose.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

Madonna's trademark gimmick has been perpetual reinvention. This works when you are young and have a dynamic image. But look at other artists, they have their own style and stick with it with the odd variation or experimental album. Madonna is bending over backwards pretending she is on the cutting edge of music, but she ends up looking like your grandmother doing the Gangnam style ...

Interesting to see she falls back on the 70's version of WW. I think that says a lot about Madonna and the popular image of Wonder Woman in general.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 4_color_image

@Press Oblivion: WB could try to sue; however, the single is a promo give away & only released in Brazil. WB has been a bit bitter toward Madonna ever since she left Warner Music after being with them for 25 years. Ironically back in the mid 1990s there was talk form WB for Madonna to star in a Wonder Woman movie. it was when she was pregnant & her response was; "I do not want to be Wonder Woman in the delivery room, give me drugs." Madonna as Wonder Woman, no. Madonna as Barbara Minerva/ Cheetah, yes.

@kapitein_zeppos: Madonna niche is touring now & not music. She has even said she only records albums to give her a reason to tour. She is the highest grossing solo touring artist of all time & puts on a show that would cripple most of the pop stars half her age. However, when you listen to some of the pop culture references in her songs you can tell her age... Travolta, Brando, Michael Jordan...

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lykopis

I like her. I give due where its warranted. And her shows have always, always kicked @ss. Madonna is an entertainer extraordinaire, whether you hate her or not.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gokuwarrior

@4_color_image: i don't see madonna as cheetah either,she doesn't seem to have the body,and most important she is a bad actress,she has done amazing music,and she does the best shows,but she is a very bad actress,so i wouldn't like to see her destroying a wonder woman character,and cheetah has already had enough humiliation in her life when some writers did a terrible work with her,let cheetah have some time in the spotlight,she deserves it,so no madonna,no.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Martian

She's trying too hard...

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By herrweis

funny i have always associated madonna with wonder woman.they are both a 1/3 of a big 3

ww with supwrman and batman obviously and madonna with the "real" big 3 of pop with michael ajckson and prince.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 4_color_image

@gokuwarrior: Madonna plays well when she plays herself (Susan, Breathless, 'All the Way' May, Eva Peron). Cheetah would be a good fit plus Madonna has killer moves & can contort her body like no other main stream artist that I know of.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gokuwarrior

@4_color_image: i don't think that her role as evita was good,madonna is at her best in music,but she is not a good actress.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.