Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Live Action:Wonder Woman - Actresses

• 130 results
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

Edited By SevanGrim

One of the few things that has always irritated me about DC comics is their constant abuse of epic characters. Sure, Superman and Batman are always treated like gold, but characters like Aquaman and Wonder Wonder woman, and the Flash (some of the oldest and most beloved characters in the DCU) are always expendable pieces of the story. Or unnecessary additions to events. Or the biggest characters passed up for movies. 
     While studios have put many comics films into active development, we as fans know how little a commitment that really implies. Joss Whedon, who was signed to script a WW story a few years back, was very vocal about the lack of faith Studios had in a WW movie. And it seems for the most part, the project died with his departure. 
     Still, it is our job as fans of the medium to keep these things alive. So here we take a look at some of the bits necessary for a Wonder Woman live action film.

Actresses

the easiest bit to talk about and debate, whoever dons the silver bracelets and tiara must have the screen presence to play the most iconic woman in comics. While it can always be argued what exactly is the most important part of a film, the facts are good casting equals steps in the right directon. here, in no particular order are some of the more popular candidates:

Megan Fox
    No Caption Provided
    She's good looking enough, the acting is getting better all  the time, and she seems to have recently begun to care about what the average person thinks of her. These are all good signs. Though i hardly share the idea of Megan Fox being the next big sex symbol that most males seem to believe in, she is in fact attractive. Shes also young, which should make the combat training and stunts much easier for her.
      However, there are two concerns that arise when i think of megan as WW. First of all, she still looks and sounds like a 20 year old. I havent seen any evidence that she has the voice acting talents to make herself sound older and stronger. No one will complain if WW looks like a 20 something hotty, but if she sounds anything like she normally does, i would be hard pressed to imagine her capable of leading an army of amazons, or being an icon amongst super heroes. 
      the other concern is that it seems Megan's most attractive when shes trying to be some image of female sexuality. Though this is once again a minor issue that could, if approached correctly, be overlooked, but i still dont quite like the idea of Wonder Woman being someone who is actively trying to be hot. And i feel like every movement Megan makes is in an attempt to be even hotter than she was a second ago.
     Still, with Hollywood's disgusting compulsion to cast a hot young person rather than the one best  suited for the role, Megan may well be the best we can hope for.

Lucy Lawless
    No Caption Provided

...Does Lawless even age? I mean, she has begun to play older roles in these past few years, but i feel like that's more becuase of how old we perceive her than how old she actually looks. 
     Lucy played a role nearly parallel to that of Wonder Woman in the hit show Xena:Warrior Princess, a spin-off from the Hercules show staring Kevin Sorbo.
     Lawless has already done this, and she did it well. On top of that, she is still epically attractive (anyone watching  Spartacus? Wowzers!), and very much a strong woman. She has the acting range to play any emotion WW might experience, and she can do blood thirsty just as well as she can do compassionate.
     The cons here are that even though she doesnt look much older, Lucy is. though shes still in great shape, some stunts may prove difficult. Also, i cant imagine her looking very attractive in the red, white, blue, and gold outfit WW is known for and i believe i would like to see in the movies. The battle armor would look both sexy and threatening on her, but the spandex and granny panties may not. 
      Doesn't really matter though. As i said before, Hollywood likes the popular young kids, and Lawless is currently outside of that window...

Missy Peregrym
    No Caption Provided

I personally believe Missy is one of the hottest and most talented actresses out there. You saw her in Stick It! with a crazy sexy six pack, getting knocked around like real gymnists do. 
     the reason i feel Missy stands out among the hot young girls of Hollywood is that she looks like a Woman. Where all of the other 20-somethings look 16, Missy has the look of someone who's grown up. 
     Her previous work in Heroes, Smallville, and Catwoman (which we wont hold against her) tell us
    No Caption Provided
    that she has a respect for the style that others (Megan Fox being the only one i can think of at the moment) cant seem to grasp. This suggests that if she got the role, Missy would be one of those actresses who researches her character deeply, knowing her as well as, if not better than, the director of the film.
     ... i fear i may be giving into a biased opinion here, becuase i see absolutely no problem with Missy being WW.  But here's a fan made picture i found of her as Artemis!

Angelina Jolie

No Caption Provided
      another epic beauty who seems to defy time. We all know Angie's movie history and capabilities, so i wont bother hitting on them again. I'll just add that She is obviously what Megan Fox is triving to be. 
     Angelina easily could do the role with full support from... well pretty much everyone. She IS the look, and she has already proven time and time again how dedicated she is to her roles.
     ...but last i heard she was done with action movies. Still, if she happened to go back on her "Action retirement" for WW, i dont think too many people would call her on it. 

jessica biel                

No Caption Provided

I feel like im getting repetitive with the Strong and somewhat aged talk, but this is what we should be looking for in out Wonder Woman candidates. 
     Beil pretty much left 7th Heaven a grown woman. She has done very few teenaged roles since then, and has shown that she can be very athletic and tough.
     She doesnt look the part as much as some of the others, but acting wise she is just as capable.

Evangeline Lilly
    No Caption Provided
       Last, and possibly coming out of left field is the hottness of Lost. Evangeline has the look of a goddess, and has shown us in lost that she can tumble when she needs to.  Lost has also proven to us that she doesnt get drowned out or forgotten it the presence of two leading men.
     Once again, here is a lady who has the physical attributes of an athlete, and the face of a grown woman. This is really all we can hope for in our Amazons.
     also, shes freakin hot! and smearing dirt on her cheeks only increases the effect.

while im sure im missing some others (such as the chick they actually cast as WW before postponing the movie), these are the ladies that stood out for me. check back for the Live Action:Wonder Woman- Story segment, to be added sometime after i manage to get more than 2 hours of sleep. 

--Sevan Grim is a life long writer and argumentative Comicvine.com user. He has an ever growing collection of S Shield shirts, as well as belt buckles and a couple wallets. Seven is contemplating declaring war against Tom Pinchuk for raising the bar on user-written featured comicvine stories. 
     Grim owns a Stan Lee signed Ipod, which he won from comicvine.com and uses daily. Boogers.
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By WW-Fan

all horrible! speacialy Megan Fox! Megan has said Wonder Woman is a lame super hero! so i dont have any respect for her!
    Anddy_Pangg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Anddy_Pangg

Lucy lawless all the way!!!
    angie would make a good foe though...perhaps as circe? or maybe artemis?

WonderWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WonderWarrior
    No Caption Provided
    After looking at the actresses you've got suggested, I have to say that Lawless is still the best choice of them. Missy's quite pretty, but she strikes me more as an Artemis. Which doesn't mean she couldn't do a stirring Diana. Evangeline Lilly, to me, looks a bit too 'fake'. They'd have to tone down the Hollywood look for her, definitely. Diana's down to Earth. Which is why Angelina Jolie also wouldn't work for Diana. Circe, definitely, though.

My personal favorite for the role of Wonder Woman is Morena Baccarin (She's fairly tall, 5'9, so would only need a little lift to push her to 5'11, Diana's canonical height). She's got the right skin tone and face shape for most depictions of WW. Her only downside, if you can consider it much of one, is the brown eyes, when Diana's are blue. She's already fit, she just needs to knock it up a notch to get that athletic, toned look. 

Did this PS mockup real quick to give you an idea of her look. :)
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'd rather see a relatively unknown actress seize the role. Lucy Lawless would have been a great choice several years ago. She'd make a better Hippolyta then she would Princess Diana.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Gambler said:
    " I'd rather see a relatively unknown actress seize the role.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SevanGrim
    @WW-Fan said:

" all horrible! speacialy Megan Fox! Megan has said Wonder Woman is a lame super hero! so i dont have any respect for her! "

I hate Megan for that too. Dont think i put her on this list becuase i like her or even becuase she would be my pick. Shes on there becuase shes still a likely choice even though she openly dissed the icon.

i hope you dont really think all of them are horrible though. Lawless is there becuase she is easily the living embodyment or WW (ps which is why if she is too old for WW she would make a great  hippolyta). The rest are all the best we can get from what Hollywood will be looking for. They arent very good at waiting for the prefect person. When they get a script the like their gonna grab whoever face will sell the most merch.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Cobie Smulders , Robin from How I Met Your Mother, or the the chick from Legend of the Seeker

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WW-Fan

i dont want a known Hollywood face to play wonder woman actully
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SevanGrim
    @WW-Fan said:
    " i dont want a known Hollywood face to play wonder woman actully "
    i feel the same, but i dont think they'll try that again. Superman failed. Batman, Spiderman, Ironman, and X-men didnt. Difference? Known actors. 
    it was a great idea that they just did wrong, and Hollywood tends to misinterpret their mistakes.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Gambler: hahah. srry. i didnt see your post when i made mine. But my response to WW fan still flies.
    Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kid_Zombie

I think that the reason why flash and ww get pushed aside is because they arn't that cool. They are for sure no batman superman or green lantern. 
    I never understood Wonder Woman, shes like this icon for feminist rights that they package in this hot slutty looking chick in no clothes. Never understood that very much. 
    I think an unknown would be better cast as wonder woman. you want to see the actress as wonder woman and not as the actress playing wonder woman. Meaning say they casted megan fox, You wouldnt see her as wonder woman you would see her as megan fox in a wonder woman outfit. cast an unknown for the role and surrond her with known actors for the supporting roles much like what they did with Bale in batman begins. (yes hes huge now but at the time he had a strong cult following but thats it, the average movie goer had no idea who he was.) they are also doing this with Captain America, unknown surronded by known actors. I just think this is the best route to take, and if there is an unknown actress playing her no one would have pre concived notions of her already. Other then 13 and 14 year old boys most people are not fans of megan fox and would automattacaly hate on her before even seeing her in the role.  
    I would like to see a kick ass wonder woman movie just like i hope all comic book based movies are done well wheather i like the character or not, WW movie just scares me because if a man (joss wehdon) who created one of the greatest female charcters who is worshiped by men, women and feminists alike couldnt do this movie then I have a hard time seeing anyone else pull this off.
    Thats just my two cents.
    cheers all have a good one.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Jessica Biel... is Hot

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Kid_Zombie: Your views on WW are completely understandable... and unmistakeably male.
     Part of Wonder Woman's feminist effect is that she is beautiful. She is strong and intelligent, traits that where then (and still kinda now) considered unlikely in a attractive woman. 
    And as for her outfit, its more about female empowerment than showing off her body. Back in the day, a successful woman was either beautiful or smart or strong (Think Paris Hilton, Hilary Clinton, or an Italian Mother). Girls where either beautiful and where destined to marry rich, smart enough to create and explore, or tough enough that nothing in life could bring them down. All good traits, but most girls back then didnt aspire for more than one of those. Wonder Woman kindof proved that girls didnt have to pick a role. that It was possible to be all 3, and more. (ps ive never considered WW slutty. if an attractive woman in a bathing suit did nothing but challenge me intellectually and stand up for herself and all women, i wouldnt consider her a slut. thats just me though)

lastly, Bale has been decently well known since Newsies, in which i think he was around 18. most of the movies he's been a somewhat coveted actor since Little Women. hyper talented and under used, yes. But Bale has been pretty well known since the late 90's.
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WW-Fan
    @Grim said:
    " @WW-Fan said:
    i feel the same, but i dont think they'll try that again. Superman failed. Batman, Spiderman, Ironman, and X-men didnt. Difference? Known actors.  it was a great idea that they just did wrong, and Hollywood tends to misinterpret their mistakes. "

Superman the origianl movie did not fail! :O
    Avatar image for the_pirate_queen
    The Pirate Queen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The Pirate Queen
    @Gambler said:
    " I'd rather see a relatively unknown actress seize the role. Lucy Lawless would have been a great choice several years ago. She'd make a better Hippolyta then she would Princess Diana. "
    Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Archetype
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " Cobie Smulders , Robin from How I Met Your Mother, or the the chick from Legend of the Seeker "
    I have to admit I have a bit of a crush on her but as beautiful as she is I don't think she is right  for Wonder Woman.Then again no one has been able to find the right person so all I can say is good luck to the casting agency or casting director that has to cast this movie if it ever gets off the ground.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AngelFrost

I totally, 100% agree with Missy Peregrym  [:
    I'd hate to see Wonder Woman on-screen be a skinny-ass stick. ¬¬ 
    She needs to be sporty, well built with a great body = Missy.

No Caption Provided
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By castleking
    @ Angelfrost

sometimes i cant help liking you and ur choices other times i dont like you as much...

but with this scan post i like you again.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AngelFrost
    @castleking:  Well, It doesn't really bother me. I post what I like and think. But, thanks.
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Ryonslaught
    @Gambler: yes indeed, I would love her WW mom as well, I just think she has the presence and beauty of what an amazon should be. I wish Joss was still attached to this though....
    Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Roninidas
    @Ryonslaught said:
    " @Gambler: yes indeed, I would love her WW mom as well, I just think she has the presence and beauty of what an amazon should be. I wish Joss was still attached to this though.... "

I hear that.  I was pumped when I found out Joss Whedon had been tapped to write the script for Wonder Woman.  I would give anything to read the script he wrote.
    WonderWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WonderWarrior

Joss's version of WW was NOT Wonder Woman.

She was Buffy with a dye job. No costume, street level powers, beating up on thugs and so forth. Yet another ass kicking little 17 year old waif like Buffy and River Tam. He basically threw out everything that made Wonder Woman interesting and kept only the most basic elements that he thought he could get away with.

THAT? Is not Wonder Woman. It would be an enjoyable, well done film about a spunky waif chick fighting crime. But if he wants to write that, write Batgirl.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WW-Fan
    @WonderWarrior said:
    "Joss's version of WW was NOT Wonder Woman.  She was Buffy with a dye job. No costume, street level powers, beating up on thugs and so forth. Yet another ass kicking little 17 year old waif like Buffy and River Tam. He basically threw out everything that made Wonder Woman interesting and kept only the most basic elements that he thought he could get away with.  THAT? Is not Wonder Woman. It would be an enjoyable, well done film about a spunky waif chick fighting crime. But if he wants to write that, write Batgirl. "

where did you hear that? :O
    Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By EisforExtinction

Cobie Smulders 
      Cobie Smulders 
    That is all.
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WW-Fan

i think Bridget Regan is the best choice here!  

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SevanGrim
    @WonderWarrior said:
    " Joss's version of WW was NOT Wonder Woman.  She was Buffy with a dye job. No costume, street level powers, beating up on thugs and so forth. Yet another ass kicking little 17 year old waif like Buffy and River Tam. He basically threw out everything that made Wonder Woman interesting and kept only the most basic elements that he thought he could get away with.  THAT? Is not Wonder Woman. It would be an enjoyable, well done film about a spunky waif chick fighting crime. But if he wants to write that, write Batgirl. "
    yeah... that doesnt sound right. Joss is a big enough fan of comics to treat her right. And seeing as to how half of his career is centered around female empowerment, i doubt he would screw over an icon of the movement. Joss isnt Hollywood. Thats the whole reason he eventually quit, becuase Hollywood probably wanted some bs like that and he was keeping to the heart of the character. 
     either way, ive yet to see anything even remotely revealing what Joss's script was about, so i find it hard to swallow that some guy on comicvibe is spilling the beans.
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CylonDorado

Not the most reliable source, but still... food for thaught:

http://www.cracked.com/article/166_5-reasons-it-sucks-being-joss-whedon-fan/

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    Erin Cummings 

No Caption Provided

Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Preacherl2k

My choice for WW is:

No Caption Provided
    Julia Benson-she reminds me of classic Lynda Carter!
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @WW-Fan said:
    " all horrible! speacialy Megan Fox! Megan has said Wonder Woman is a lame super hero! so i dont have any respect for her! "
    I was gonna say that.
    I say an unknown. Some one who looks plausibly Greek to make the origin work.
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @AngelFrost said:
    " I totally, 100% agree with Missy Peregrym  [:
    I'd hate to see Wonder Woman on-screen be a skinny-ass stick. ¬¬ 
    She needs to be sporty, well built with a great body = Missy.

No Caption Provided
    "
    With you all the way on that.
    Wonder Woman needs to look like a warrior.
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By bingbangboom

No Caption Provided

I have talked about this before because you really need someone that looks strong and the only actress I really think can do the part is Charlize Theron.  She has the acting abilities, she is tall and has played physical roles before. She just needs to tone up and then you got a really good Wonder Woman. Being from South Africa also can help with the "exotic nature" of her character. Not only that she could act along side of Christian Bale and whomever they get to play Superman for a JL movie and she won't seem like a little girl.
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Push
    @Gambler said:

"I'd rather see a relatively unknown actress seize the role. Lucy Lawless would have been a great choice several years ago. She'd make a better Hippolyta then she would Princess Diana. "

She'd be perfect for Queen Hippolyta in the new movie, as well as paying great homage.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WW-Fan
    @Gylan Thomas said:
    " @WW-Fan said:
    I was gonna say that. I say an unknown. Some one who looks plausibly Greek to make the origin work. "

true :)
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CylonDorado
    @bingbangboom:
    Dang, I can't believe I didn't think of her. She'd be awesome :D.
    Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Preacherl2k
    I'm still preferential to Lynda Carter for Queen Hippolyta no matter how old she is- cause I grew up loving her!!! So I can't help it

Megan Fox- OMG please kill me now......

Missy Peregry m- I like her I'd be ok with her playing the roll

Charlize Theron- nah I just don't see it

Erin Cummings or Bridget Regan- both pretty good choices I like Bridget on Legend of the Seeker she be a real Bad A**!

Cobie Smulders - I just don't know enough aboutso I really can't say anything there.

IDK i just keeping going back to my girl Julia Benson, she is SOOOOO gorgeous and she can be such a BAD A** herself and every time I see her 
    I go right back to a young Lynda Carter........ dreams dreams lol.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for knightofcydonia
    Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Noctis

Erin Cummings should be, Wonder Woman.
    And Lucy Lawless should be, Hippolyta.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @Noctis said:
    " Erin Cummings should be, Wonder Woman. And Lucy Lawless should be, Hippolyta. "
    totally agree.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shadowdoggy

I would really love to see Linda Carter in the movie as well 
    maybe as a government official or something  
    someone in a position of power, but not as important a character as Hippolyta 
    just as a nod to the fans 
    maybe she could be Athena!
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WW-Fan
    @Preacherl2k said:
    "My choice for WW is:

Julia Benson-she reminds me of classic Lynda Carter! "

Nicee! she looks like the 80's Wonder Woman by George Perez :O
    mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mistrx75

I'd like to see Bridget Regan in it, redhead though she may be.  Actually, a lot of suggestions on this topic are really good.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WW-Fan
    @mistrx75 said:
    "I'd like to see Bridget Regan in it, redhead though she may be.  Actually, a lot of suggestions on this topic are really good."

i think she has colored her hair brown :)
    The Dave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The Dave
    @Grim said:

" @WW-Fan said:

i feel the same, but i dont think they'll try that again. Superman failed. Batman, Spiderman, Ironman, and X-men didnt. Difference? Known actors.  it was a great idea that they just did wrong, and Hollywood tends to misinterpret their mistakes. "
    TBH I don't think superman returns failure was because of the unknown actor..  it didn't lose money at least, and you gotta admit the kryptonite mountain, supes not having a single battle (he spent a lot of the movie on his back) and the somewhat incorrect portrayal of Lex Luthors goals.. to cut it short.. I blame the script.

Anyway.. the lass from Legend of the Seeker seemed a very good choice to me. She's playing a similar role anyway. But I agree with a previous poster.. this is a *very* hard role to cast.
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CylonDorado

@The Dave:
    Well, that's what auditions are for. Maybe there's an actress we all wouldn't think would work, but who has the range to do a great Wonder Woman. And I totally agree about Supes Returns. It was the return of failure, "not a really that smart" Luthor, but without Gene Hackman's likeability. The Luthor I grew up watching in cartoons, and the one in comics, could have gotten rich again (legally, if need be) without having to sleep with a single old lady.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SevanGrim
    @The Dave said:
    " @Grim said:

" @WW-Fan said:

TBH I don't think superman returns failure was because of the unknown actor..  it didn't lose money at least, and you gotta admit the kryptonite mountain, supes not having a single battle (he spent a lot of the movie on his back) and the somewhat incorrect portrayal of Lex Luthors goals.. to cut it short.. I blame the script. Anyway.. the lass from Legend of the Seeker seemed a very good choice to me. She's playing a similar role anyway. But I agree with a previous poster.. this is a *very* hard role to cast. "
    oh i dont think it was the reason either. I think it failed because the story didnt connect to any superman lore, and Routh wasnt anywhere near buff enough, but Hollywood rushed him into the costume and cgi'ed him up.
     But like i said, Hollywood tends to misinterpret their mistakes. so they didnt look at that and say"we rushed it and f-ed up the story". More than likely they compared it to all the other big comics films and noticed that all of them are headed by A-B list actors, and not almost completely unknown soap stars. 
     After Superman Returns, i dont thik were gonna see anymore superheroes being portrayed by someone who hasnt been on a prime time tv show or big box office movie first
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CylonDorado
    @Grim:
    Lol, that's probably how they came to the conclusion that  action movies staring women don't do well, when they just made the fourth Resident Evil movie.
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WW-Fan
    @The Dave said:
    "@Grim said:

" @WW-Fan said:

TBH I don't think superman returns failure was because of the unknown actor..  it didn't lose money at least, and you gotta admit the kryptonite mountain, supes not having a single battle (he spent a lot of the movie on his back) and the somewhat incorrect portrayal of Lex Luthors goals.. to cut it short.. I blame the script. Anyway.. the lass from Legend of the Seeker seemed a very good choice to me. She's playing a similar role anyway. But I agree with a previous poster.. this is a *very* hard role to cast. "

Superman the original movie wasnt a failure and it did have unknown actor and actress as Lois Lane! i think it works when the supporting cast are more famous like Marlon Brando was in the Superman :)
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48  Edited By lorex

I have always thought a live action Wonder Woman needs to be athletic, tall and beautiful. By athletic I mean showing good muscle tone not necessarily being ripped. By tall I think an actress that is about 5'7" - 5'9" without heals. Beautiful is fairly self explanatory but specifically the actress needs to be fair skinned, not tanned. Doesn't necessarily have to be as busty as the comic version but does need to have some curves. I have no idea who would fit the bill but if the movie ever gets made I hope whoever they select is able to  be convincing in the roll. 

Of the actresses previously mentioned I like Erin Cummings, Bridget Regan and Julia Benson best. Problem is they are mostly unknown and if a studio is going to invest the kind of money they usually goes into one of these movies they will probably want a more bankable star. I agree that Lucy Lawless would be a great choice for Hippolyta

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WW-Fan

i have found her!!! 

mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mistrx75

That is fantastic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.