Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Lasso Appreciation!

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CSG_CL

Just for fun, what are your favorite uses of the Lasso? Any era, any reality! Here are a few ... in no particular order!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Saint_Sophie

I don't have the scans on hand, but I'd like to list some:

• Sometime after the whole Genocide fiasco, using her lasso could peer into people's very souls or something like that. With it she and the person ensnared by the lasso could see like illusions or projections of their memories.
    • When she and her group faced FB and his minions, she tossed her lasso, when one of the Hyena's said "You missed" she said that she never misses and was actually lassoing a rock to hit them.
    • Using her lasso on the alternate timeline Steve in Flashpoint, then killing him (when I read the comic, it didn't look like she killed Trevor on panel but IIRC it mentioned she did kill him later.)
    ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ZhuRong

I knew you created this thread before even clicking on it haha

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of mine is when she tied up the Martian Manhunter and then made fire with it.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: @saint_sophie: Genocide used the Lasso to great effect herself ... Nearly destroying Etta Candy's mind/soul and then binding it to her own body was one of the better parts of that story arc IMO. And I figure there are never enough appreciation threads on the boards ... So many negative posters out there ... Let's bring more love!

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@csg_cl: Oh yeah. After when IIRC Genocide was done she left Etta with a note pinned on about saying that she was "fun".

I also loved the part when Diana ripped the lasso out of Genocide's back.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can it be a video? :D I really liked this scene

Loading Video...

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FoamBorn
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CSG_CL
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

A few more fun ones

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She should perhaps get the lasso around Superman and ask him whom he really loves, I think his answer would surprise her.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CSG_CL

@foamborn said:

She should perhaps get the lasso around Superman and ask him whom he really loves, I think his answer would surprise her.

Why would she do that? She's WW she shouldn't have such petty insecurities.

No Caption Provided

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FoamBorn

@csg_cl: nothing petty about love. Maybe I'm projecting myself on Wonder Woman but I would've stabbed his eye in that greek deli, at least remarked on what happened there

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@csg_cl: nothing petty about love. Maybe I'm projecting myself on Wonder Woman but I would've stabbed his eye in that greek deli, at least remarked on what happened there

perhaps you should consider what you're saying here. You would have WW acting like a 16 year old girl who just saw her boyfriend talk to another girl and immediately assuming you aren't good enough for him to love, so now you need proof of his love. What you are suggesting is for WW to behave in the way you have screamed up and down on this forum as a disgusting and sexist portrayal of the character. Diana stooping to this would indeed be a horrible representation.

I'm not certain what the point of this conversation has to do with the topic of this thread, which is appreciation of the magic lasso, not how to abuse it's power.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FoamBorn

@csg_cl said:

perhaps you should consider what you're saying here. You would have WW acting like a 16 year old girl who just saw her boyfriend talk to another girl and immediately assuming you aren't good enough for him to love, so now you need proof of his love. What you are suggesting is for WW to behave in the way you have screamed up and down on this forum as a disgusting and sexist portrayal of the character. Diana stooping to this would indeed be a horrible representation.

I'm not certain what the point of this conversation has to do with the topic of this thread, which is appreciation of the magic lasso, not how to abuse it's power.

You never miss an opportunity do you, what was I thinking

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@csg_cl said:

You never miss an opportunity do you, what I was thinking

and you never fail to play the "victim"

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CSG_CL
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

A few more Lasso moments for you all ... WW binding the Phantom Stranger with it is a nice use that I had forgotten about!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

WW needs no stinking yellow rope. She dances just fine without it.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Black_Arrow
    No Caption Provided

Best use of the Lasso.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@foamborn said:

Omg... this was jus instilled in my mind for a moment now. What if? Lol. This is interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.