Kate Middleton should totally play Wonder Woman

#1 Edited by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care if there are UK laws preventing this, or if it is just bad from! Kate Middleton, should play wonder woman.

• She is pretty, graceful, stern (in training), athletic, smart, and all that stuff a princess "future queen" of the 21 century needs
  • She has already been taught how to act like a princess, so this should come naturally, anything after that should be child's play
  • Her busy schedule should keep her in shape, though working out and training would probably be a break compared to her normal routine.
  • Plus her fame is bound to bring fans

Still not convinced? Look Here!

Now look again!

#2 Posted by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: Hey its a better idea than the names that have been thrown around the web.

Meagan Fox, Gena C EEK! :(

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

There is one problem with this

she cant act

#4 Edited by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26:

I know, they inspired this thread ... =P

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

There is one problem with this

she cant act

They Royal family acts 24 hours a day

#5 Edited by RideASpaceCowboy (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

I don't care if there are UK laws preventing this, or if it is just bad from! Kate Middleton, should play wonder woman.

• She is pretty, graceful, stern (in training), athletic, smart, and all that stuff a princess of the 21 century needs
  • She has already been taught how to act like a princess, so this should come naturally, anything after that should be child's play

First off, she has not been trained to be a princess because she's not a princess. She's a duchess.

Secondly, she's merely above average in terms of physical attractiveness. I've dated better looking girls without the advantage of being heir to the British throne. One of Wonder Woman's most defining features is her stunning beauty, and she requires an actress who can convey such.

#6 Posted by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

@drgnx said:

• She is pretty, graceful, stern (in training), athletic, smart, and all that stuff a princess of the 21 century needs

First off, she has not been trained to be a princess because she's not a princess. She's a duchess.

Oh, so does that mean she doesn't stick her pinky out when she holds her tea cup? My bad! She is indeed a dutchess and not a princess but the only reason she is not titled princess is a formality, she is still being groomed the same regardless. Or does she skip princess training and go straight to queen training?

Secondly, she's merely above average in terms of physical attractiveness. I've dated better looking girls without the advantage of being heir to the British throne. One of Wonder Woman's most defining features is her stunning beauty, and she requires an actress who can convey such.

Because actresses, including all those mentioned in other threads, never wear make-up in movies/public/shows ....

#7 Posted by darkman61288 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

She is pretty but not WW level. Maybe a woman from Univision or Telemundo.Those actresses are beautiful.

#8 Posted by BlackWind (5669 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman needs to have a very special actress. Gotta be beautiful, able to act, convey a warrior image and not look like a cushy supermodel.

There aren't many who can render this correctly, at all.

#9 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

I support this idea

#10 Posted by RazzaTazz (9496 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not?  Royalty are still allowed to be actors if they want. 

#11 Posted by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

Wonder Woman needs to have a very special actress. Gotta be beautiful, able to act, convey a warrior image and not look like a cushy supermodel.

There aren't many who can render this correctly, at all.

I don´t think its actually that difficult. Even someone like Natalie portman could pull that off. Not that I would want her for the role.

But I think it is important they start exploring WW being a Princess. I think they forget that often. Again something Rucka did so well.

#12 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3708 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Lvenger (18521 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how I feel about this thread:

Oh yeah and she can't act. Not in the dramatic way required for a film like this. Royal 'acting' doesn't count.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather Beyonce' play Wonder Woman than Kate Middleton....

#15 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

no, sorry but we need an actress.

#16 Posted by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

You know; I wouldn't mind if DC ignored racial attributes, but if you thought Idris Elba playing Heimdall stirred a fuss (ignoring Hogun ???) ...well I don't see DC going that route, best they would do is have amazons of races that would have lived in the area mixed in.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@drgnx said:

@Vance Astro said:

You know; I wouldn't mind if DC ignored racial attributes, but if you thought Idris Elba playing Heimdall stirred a fuss (ignoring Hogun ???) ...well I don't see DC going that route, best they would do is have amazons of races that would have lived in the area mixed in.

I was actually making fun of the idea. Beyonce would be such a horrible choice but even that would be better than Kate Middleton. We don't know if Kate can act and comparing her physically to Lynda Carter doesn't make any sense to me because although she was gorgeous IMO in her day, she's not physically how I would picture a modern Wonder Woman. 
#18 Edited by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@drgnx said:

@Vance Astro said:

I was actually making fun of the idea. Beyonce would be such a horrible choice but even that would be better than Kate Middleton. We don't know if Kate can act and comparing her physically to Lynda Carter doesn't make any sense to me because although she was gorgeous IMO in her day, she's not physically how I would picture a modern Wonder Woman.

LOL, I made this thread because everyone else was posting pictures of photoshops that looked like cherry-picked images of Wonder Woman and using that to justify them as choices ... thought I would have my own go for fun ... I was initially going to make a Jay-Z joke to you're response ...

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@drgnx said:

LOL, I made this thread because everyone else was posting pictures of photoshops that looked like cherry-picked images of Wonder Woman and using that to justify them as choices ... thought I would have my own go for fun ... I was initially going to make a Jay-Z joke to you're response ...

I hate Kate Middleton but good job matching her with Lynda Carter, there is a bit of a resemblance.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.