Justice League War

#1 Edited by Frozen (13338 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it me or was that one of the worst voice actresses for Wonder Woman?

#2 Posted by PapiNacho (2409 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people seem to agree but I loved her.

#3 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought she did ok. But I did have a problem with how WW was portrayed.

#4 Edited by Wolverine08 (42313 posts) - - Show Bio

Her Wonder Woman sounded like an airhead.

#5 Posted by GeekyEverAfter (346 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think Michelle Monaghan did a good job. She sounded very warrior- ish.

#6 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Michelle Monaghan was good.... the DIALOG SUCKED!!!

#7 Posted by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was very exuberant and theatrical, she seemed like a simpleton and her outfit was homely. Unless she's japanese now she shouldn't wear her hair like that. The best WW voice-acting in a JL film was in Flashpoint imo that voice was firm, the voice of a strong confident woman so good.

#8 Edited by Ostyo (7895 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, besides Cyborg, Billy(Not Shazam), Flash, Lantern... Everybody sounded just...like no effort was put into it.

#9 Posted by AllStarHit-Girl (574 posts) - - Show Bio

Voice was amazing, the dialog was "meh"

#10 Posted by r2datu (659 posts) - - Show Bio

It felt like I was watching a middle school play.

#11 Posted by ComicStooge (12849 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked her.

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't into it.

#13 Posted by ClarkKent12 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Voice wasn't that bad, the dialogue was weak though, didn't get a chance to delve into her character more... Hope we get another WW animated movie that has continuity with JL War.

#14 Edited by Frozen (13338 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was very exuberant and theatrical, she seemed like a simpleton and her outfit was homely. Unless she's japanese now she shouldn't wear her hair like that. The best WW voice-acting in a JL film was in Flashpoint imo that voice was firm, the voice of a strong confident woman so good.

Flashpoint had one of the worst alternate versions of Wonder Woman. A strong version, besides the voice on New Frontier is from the Kingdom Come audiobook:

#15 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

mIchelle was actually someone I wanted to play ww for real.

#16 Posted by randolphdefreese (26 posts) - - Show Bio

it wasnt the voice,the dialogue was awful.it made Diana just a level above a cavewoman.

#17 Posted by SilverPool (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

Voice was fine imo. The voices for Green Lantern, Superman, and Batman were much worse.

#18 Posted by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: That's a good voice for Diana but Flashpoint's is yet the greatest imo. I know she was villainy but she had a very powerful presence in that movie, like in my opinion Diana should always have. I really hate princessy depictions of Wonder Woman, with heels, earrings and other "girly" rubbish.

#19 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33450 posts) - - Show Bio

It was based on a Wonder Woman written by Geoff Johns, of course it sucked.

#20 Edited by modernww2fare (1178 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Edited by Frozen (13338 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: That's a good voice for Diana but Flashpoint's is yet the greatest imo. I know she was villainy but she had a very powerful presence in that movie, like in my opinion Diana should always have. I really hate princessy depictions of Wonder Woman, with heels, earrings and other "girly" rubbish.

There needs to be a balance. Some portrayals portray her to be too much of a princess and Flashpoint portrayed her as a raging radical feminist. She also has a nurturing side.

#22 Posted by Ostyo (7895 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by dshipp17 (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

Wonder Woman didn't have much of a specific personality; she sounded like a cartoon within a cartoon; pretty much everyone except Batman was portrayed a little off; Flash was my MVP of this movie, but Wonder Woman a close second; she set out on a task with a goal and completed it (e.g. when she took put Darkseid's right eye); they really made Darkseid a very impressive villain and it really required every bit of team work to beat him; probably the fakest point of the movie was all of the damage Darkseid put on Wonder Woman, yet she emerged without a bruise; earlier, just a punch gave her a bloody lip, yet Darkseid launched a barrage of punches on her and she walked away as if being thrown at a building. Overall, this was a great movie, but Superman/Batman Apocalypse may have been a bit more realistic; however, Darkseid was a lot more impressive in this movie.

#24 Posted by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@archizoom said:

There needs to be a balance. Some portrayals portray her to be too much of a princess and Flashpoint portrayed her as a raging radical feminist. She also has a nurturing side.

I'm not talking about her personality Frozen, just her voice and her mien.

#25 Edited by Frozen (13338 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@archizoom said:

I'm not talking about her personality Frozen, just her voice and her mien.

She only had a powerful presence due to the circumstances of what was happening in the film.

#26 Posted by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

She only had a powerful presence due to the circumstances of what was happening in the film.

Certainly that contributed but without that voice and those dialogues, she could've come across as bit of a silly woman doing big important things like Soule's Wonder Woman when she kind of beat Zod and Faora. That was a powerful feat yet she had the personality of a dry lemon.

#27 Posted by redwingx (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: Darkseid was an impressive villain? He was far from a impressive villain, he was a generic thug in a godlike power. Nothing about him was impressive.

#28 Posted by randolphdefreese (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwingx: ditto,that wasnt Darkseid.Darkseid doesnt get his hands dirty.he is the puppet master,not the puppet.

#29 Edited by dshipp17 (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwingx said:

@dshipp17: Darkseid was an impressive villain? He was far from a impressive villain, he was a generic thug in a godlike power. Nothing about him was impressive.

Well, I was saying that he made an impressive antagonist for the film; I was not suggesting that he was impressive in a way that we should have been proud of his actions; his name is Darkseid and he dwells in the presence of darkness and evil.

#30 Posted by ZhuRong (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone was protrayed badly to be quite honest. They was portrayed better in Crisis and Flashpoint

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.